PDA

View Full Version : New Fortefighter with some questions :)

Draxal360
Mar 17, 2009, 04:08 PM
Ok So I've been running White Beast over and over, I love doing the mission but I wouldn't mind being able to do a bit more damage. Now I've taken a look at the Item Database and looked through a few weapons but I think I'll ask you guys for the advice lol.

My main weapon is currently a 22% :dark: Sabic and 33% :dark: Fuma-Hiken. They do okay damage but with my Sabic I'm normally just spamming my PA. I was thinking of upgrading my weapons, I am a big fan of spears, its what I used to complete the main story of the game with but the current spear I have is 2-% :light: so not very efficient for White Beast.

Now I don't mind using any weapon type but I was just wondering if anyone could recommend me a few weapons. Or even if its worth grinding my current ones? I'm fairly new to the game I'm a Level 38 HuMar Lvl 4 FF. And I only have around 500k lol so if you could keep that in mind aswell.

Many Thanks!

KuroShinnen
Mar 17, 2009, 04:19 PM
Look in the player shops for a decent percent dark muktrand. It is the best A rank spear out there.

TecherRamen
Mar 17, 2009, 04:22 PM
Remake your character as a cast or beast. Humans are for magic. also get a better saber? and what PA are you using.

Draxal360
Mar 17, 2009, 04:27 PM
I'm using Rising Strike for my Saber PA. It's currently level 25. And I know that humans aren't the best choice for fighters but I like my char for now. :) And thanks for the advice on the Muktrand Kuro I'll have a looksee.

Also I'm always looking for people to play with or even to run me through White Beast B runs quickly. If you feel like helping out a noob add my GT its: Draxal 360. I play with a mic and I'm British and I know how you American guys and girls find our accents smexy.

TecherRamen
Mar 17, 2009, 05:05 PM
Im on PC but I can still help. So let me get this strait youre using Rising strike and chikki?

dexter_safe
Mar 17, 2009, 05:37 PM
stay human they are soo cute =P

Inazuma
Mar 17, 2009, 05:45 PM
if you really do care about damage, you should ditch your human char and make a male cast FM (not FF). grab a set of cheap, decent spears and axes, plus a high pp double saber for tornado dance. attack w/ majara, jarbroga and paradi cataract suv, and you will be pretty much set. later on, you can worry about improving your gear and leveling the other skills.

Yusaku_Kudou
Mar 17, 2009, 08:57 PM
Don't worry about being CAST or Beast, humans are awesome! To maximize your humanly damage potential, just do an easy search in the player shops like this:

Max Price: 500,000
Min Price: 0
Max Rarity: *** *** *** (9 stars)
Min Rarity: *** *** (6 stars) (Note: Some B ranks in this case *may* be better for your current money situation based on their stats)
Search field: "spear dark" (without the quotes)

Hanz Gropenfondel
Mar 17, 2009, 10:16 PM
Well, I've found that Beasts and CASTs are the best for fighter classes.
Beast has awesome damage output, while the CAST has great accuracy.
Humans should be fine as a fighter, but are better for mixed classes,
since they're the most well rounded.

kejen
Mar 17, 2009, 10:27 PM
if you really do care about damage, you should ditch your human char and make a male cast FM (not FF). grab a set of cheap, decent spears and axes, plus a high pp double saber for tornado dance. attack w/ majara, jarbroga and paradi cataract suv, and you will be pretty much set. later on, you can worry about improving your gear and leveling the other skills.

That's probably the worst advice you could give him. What kind if damage are you going to do with a "cheap, decent" set of weapons? Cheap and decent don't even go together. Decent is 38%. He only has 500k, it will be a long time before he can afford even 1 decent S rank weapon.

If someone can't at least afford a 38% S rank weapon, they have no business using S rank weapons. I would probably go ahead and say if you can't afford a 42% S rank, stick with A rank since a 42% A rank is probably better than a 38% S rank, and MUCH cheaper.

Also armor will be another problem. A decent set of 34%+ armor for a fighmaster is going to cost more than 200 mil. Add a dark armas and now you're pusing 300 mil. 42%+ delette lines are around 3 mil average. That is actually a better armor than serafi since it has 2 endurance. So for under 20 mil you now have a full set of 42%+ armors.

By going fighmaster and not having the right gear, you will just be limiting yourself.

Saber - buccanneer
Sword - soda riban
Spear - muktrand
slicer - kubiri hiken
axe - ank pikor

Get 42+ in all those weapons and I promise you that you will be 30 times more powerful than any fighmaster running around in a rabol lumirus and 20% weapons.

One more thing, these weapons are very easy to make too. Boards can be bought in the store. And no, don't even waste your time grinding. Only a few weapons are really worth grinding.

dexter_safe
Mar 18, 2009, 08:30 AM
Well, I've found that Beasts and CASTs are the best for fighter classes.
Beast has awesome damage output, while the CAST has great accuracy.
Humans should be fine as a fighter, but are better for mixed classes,
since they're the most well rounded.

what he said but i think cast are more likely used as fm/ff for that dam suv >.> im prolly wrong but o well

VanHalen
Mar 18, 2009, 10:20 AM
Dude as fast as the monsters die keep your human. I used to play as a male newman fortefighter and my parties, nor myself had any trouble.

Beast Boy
Mar 18, 2009, 11:23 AM
i suggest you go buy some muktrands u can get a nice 30% dark or any element for about 100-150k i use a pallette of these and im lvl 131 they work fine i solo white beast s with them just save ur pa frags up for dus majarra then get some nice 30% muktrands

Gt = FuRiiOuS Xy

LOVE INFERNO HUNTING

Gibdozer
Mar 19, 2009, 11:51 AM
Well my advice is don't listen to kejen, my main has been an ff from day one, you don't need fancy high % weapons, and If your spending 200mil on an armor for a ff your a fool! Your atp and dfp power with the ff are naturally high, if you invest your 500k in fair A ranks and underpriced S ranks you can up your combat potential greatly. For armor get a rabol lumirus or a lumirus line, both are S rank and cost under 150k in player shops they have arm, body, and extra slots and provide damn decent protection. Right now the psu economy is still in disaray, take advantage of that and branch out, you can get really nice twin sabers and knuckles now for next to nothing. Then just check youtube and see what pa skills you want to try out, or take the pa advice of people who are trying to help you but don't listen to the people talking down to you!

kejen
Mar 19, 2009, 08:50 PM
Well my advice is don't listen to kejen, my main has been an ff from day one, you don't need fancy high % weapons, and If your spending 200mil on an armor for a ff your a fool! For armor get a rabol lumirus or a lumirus line, both are S rank and cost under 150k in player shops they have arm, body, and extra slots and provide damn decent protection.

Yes, listen to Gibdozer. He claims to have been a fortefighter since day one and recommends a line shield to you that is only for gunners. Day one for him must of been last week.

In addition to your lack of PSU knowledge, you have problems with reading comprehension. My post was telling him to stay fortefighter and stick with cheap weapons. Going fighmaster limits you to only S rank gear and good S rank gear isn't cheap to buy or make. And armor will be the biggest problem for a fighmaster. And 200 mil for a SET of fighmaster armor is on the low end.

Sure you can be a fighmaster and get a rabol lumirus for 100k and use it for everything. But you won't be soloing many hard areas efficiently with that armor. Staying fortefighter will allow you to wear delette lines and you can get a killer set for under 20 mil. Even with 5 mil you will be decently protected for each element. And delette line is even better than rabol lumirus.

In this game, A rank, S rank means nothing and element % means just about everything. Rabol lumirus has 130 dfp. Outside of ground, that 130 dfp will only take away 26 damage. So if you have shield off and mobs are hitting you for 1000, put it on and now 974 is what you will be seeing. Lets take a 50% Yoi-senba, a 1* shield. 1000 damage will now be ~500 damage. A 1* C rank shield is almost 20 times better than a 11* S rank shield.

Gibdozer
Mar 22, 2009, 12:41 AM
First off, day one for me was about a year and a half ago and I was a member here for 10months before you joined. Second he was asking how to make the best use of his 500k for a fortefighter, then you started throwing all this fighmaster, 200 million meseta armor, 50% A rank crap at him and I said to ignore you because none of that is relevant to his current situation. Lastly if you want to get personal we can continue our conversation on live, just message my gamertag it's Gibdozer, I'll be happy to give you some perspective!

GUNcrazy12
Mar 22, 2009, 01:34 PM
yep i've got a full board of muktrands, and im lvl 114 FF. do it...

IsoDonk
Mar 22, 2009, 04:12 PM
There's currently a 36% Dark Muktrand for sale at 200k, or a 34% at 165k. They'd be a good starting point - at some point you should think about upgrading but at your level that will be more than enough.

Eventually once the money starts rolling in it'd be worth getting hold of a set of spears, slicers, axes, twin claws, twin sabers... or whatever you like using. Spears and Slicers are pretty essential though.

By 'a set' I mean one of every element, ideally at a similar percentage.

Either way, my general advice would be - aim for 8* or 9* gear above 30%. The higher the better really but I'd suggest 30% as a basement.

(and fwiw, for those of us that aren't swimming in meseta, Muktrands are still fine - my main is a 150/20 PT, and a large portion of my melee palette is 46/50% A-rank stuff - on a budget you really can't beat 9* stuff for bang for your buck)

lantis-zagato
Mar 22, 2009, 07:22 PM
If someone can't at least afford a 38% S rank weapon, they have no business using S rank weapons. I would probably go ahead and say if you can't afford a 42% S rank, stick with A rank since a 42% A rank is probably better than a 38% S rank, and MUCH cheaper.

I think it's kind of rude to make a statement like that. Just because everyone can not afford a 30%+ S rank shouldn't mean they can't use S ranks at all. Maybe they just like the looks of an S rank weapon over the A rank version. While your statement about the affordability of A ranks is true that does not mean that someone should not buy an S rank just because they can not afford top tier equipment. It's a game and the guy was just looking for some suggestions not the say all end all for his gear. To be honest sir, you have no business ridiculing other people who might not play this game for numbers, but for the fun it brings them.

kejen
Mar 22, 2009, 08:51 PM
But the original question was "how can I do more damage?" So he is obviously playing for numbers. As for others, this game is so easy to get rich in, anyone can afford nice S ranks soon enough. And being able to run harder areas faster only makes you more money in the end.

And gibdozer continues to prove how ignorant he is. In a forum, when you quote someone, that means you are replying to them. If you go back and read my post, I was replying to Inazuma who told him to make a fighmaster. So yes, it was all relevant. And sorry, anyone that has been a fortefighter for 1.5 years and still doesn't know they can't wear lumirus line isn't someone I need perspective from.

Gibdozer
Mar 24, 2009, 06:18 AM
Nothing you said was relevant to the initial post. I've also noticed that your advice to every question is strikingly similar[see acrofighter questions on this forum for an example]we get it dude you like being a fighmaster and you hate rabol lumirus. Here's what I propose, we get together on psu my fortefighter vs your fighmaster(i'll even ditch my armor for a rabol lumirus)drop our scape dolls at the door and run S2 missions till someone dies. Last man standing can dance on the others grave. I'm getting way off topic here so this is my last reply, I'm calling you and your equipment out, you have my gamertag I eagerly await your answer!

kejen
Mar 26, 2009, 12:56 AM
I don't play fighmaster at all. I did up to level 12 and hated it. Gunmaster, protranser, and acrofighter is all I play.

Ok, you wear a rabol lumirus, seed express s2 for 50 mil?

Gibdozer
Mar 26, 2009, 01:54 AM
We can start on seed express s2 if we both survive then it's on to electronic brain. At level 12 though you may be a little gimped for s2, but I guess thats your business (I'm certainly not pitting my fortefighter against an acrofighter if thats what you had in mind). If you hate fighmaster though why are you always talking about it, from your posts I thought you had 4 of them. Oh well, hit up my tag and we'll get this rollin!