PDA

View Full Version : Can you still play online on the GameCube?

twitcher05
Mar 18, 2009, 06:01 PM
I'm still playin phantasy star on my Gamecube but i havent been playin online recently and i still want to know if i can still go online.

Genoa
Mar 18, 2009, 06:07 PM
First off, Welcome to pso-world. It's always good to see new faces, especially for PSO.
Secondly, there is a Search tab at the top of the forum border. Please become familiar with it's mechanics.
There has even recently been a topic relating to your question, you may find it here.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159764

To answer your question, there is no way to legitimately play PSO online with your Gamecube, due to the US servers have been down since April 2007 I believe.
However, through Private servers (which we are not allowed to discuss here on psow) you may still play the Gamecube version, Dreamcast, PC, and Blueburst versions online.

Vanzazikon
Mar 18, 2009, 06:10 PM
Read the stickies.

psofan219
Mar 18, 2009, 10:29 PM
Yes, do read both the stickies and the rules. To answer your question more clearly, by what Special K means, we are only to say that Private Servers exist, no more. For everything else relating to private servers (such as name, how to join, etc.), try Google. This is all we can say about Private Servers. Hope that clears it up for you.

jmanx
Mar 19, 2009, 12:42 AM
Edit: Oh fine messenger meh

SStrikerR
Mar 20, 2009, 05:14 PM
You aren't really supposed to "provide instructions", and telling them what to search kinda is...whatever. Telling them to use google should be enough, provided they aren't morons.

psofan219
Mar 20, 2009, 06:51 PM
You aren't really supposed to "provide instructions", and telling them what to search kinda is...whatever. Telling them to use google should be enough, provided they aren't morons.

Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing!

Megatron0088
Mar 25, 2009, 08:52 PM
I'm still playin phantasy star on my Gamecube but i havent been playin online recently and i still want to know if i can still go online.

i play gamecube too. what level are u? im a 157 RAmar :)