PDA

View Full Version : GC Secrets

halibabica
Mar 19, 2009, 10:48 AM
I don't know how many of you know about these, as some of you seem to be newbies while others are seasoned veterans, but I figured I'd share anyway.

There's a secret room in every variation of the Seabed Lower Levels. It's connected to the room with the broken glass and Sinow Zele. When you're facing the big wrecked bay, there's a path in the back on the left. It takes you to a thin walkway that leads to the secret room. There's a pile of crates and sometimes a baddy or two, depending on which Seabed variation you're in. It's very well hidden, but it's always there.

Also, there's a very handy glitch that renders Morfos totally defenseless. If you move the camera past a Morfos just right and stop when they're off screen, their lasers can no longer hit you. They still fire the lasers (you can hear them firing), but the beam never comes out. You can then safely dispatch them with any projectile, and they will remain like this until they're brought on-screen again. This may not work on different versions of PSO, but it definitely does in GC non-Plus. Working with multiple players may cause this not to work. It's also important to note that this works best on Ultimate mode Morfos, as those ones never move. The moving kind in easier modes may move themselves back onscreen.

So, did any of you know about that? Feel free to share your own uncommon knowledge about PSO, too.

Splash
Mar 19, 2009, 01:13 PM
Old stuff?

The Seabed path is what leads to the Control Tower in Respective Tomorrow. Also the exit for Phantasmal World #3.

psofan219
Mar 19, 2009, 01:24 PM
I did not know about either of those, though when facing Morfos, if given the option, I just stand on a higher platform and shoot away. It can't hit me when I do that... I'll have to look for that secret room.

3---Hit---U
Mar 19, 2009, 04:53 PM
Theres a secret room in Ruins 1 in the waterfall room. (Sheesh everyone knows about this one)

You can get a minigame after piping back to A Fake in Yellow and finding a Chao with a GBA plugged in with one of those cable things.

DB's Saber is named after Donoph Baz in a ruins quest (the one where you need to kill 99 monsters)

The Sato mag is named after numerous game producers with the last name Sato.

There is a misspelling at the end of the credits (Every Hunters of PSO)

That's all I have now ^^

halibabica
Mar 19, 2009, 05:37 PM
Old stuff?

The Seabed path is what leads to the Control Tower in Respective Tomorrow. Also the exit for Phantasmal World #3.

Sorry, never been online (yet).

psofan219
Mar 19, 2009, 06:13 PM
Theres a secret room in Ruins 1 in the waterfall room. (Sheesh everyone knows about this one)

You can get a minigame after piping back to A Fake in Yellow and finding a Chao with a GBA plugged in with one of those cable things.

DB's Saber is named after Donoph Baz in a ruins quest (the one where you need to kill 99 monsters)

The Sato mag is named after numerous game producers with the last name Sato.

There is a misspelling at the end of the credits (Every Hunters of PSO)

That's all I have now ^^

Here's what I knew already, in order:
Yep.

Yep.

Nope.

Nope.

Actually, I think that is not a misspelling. I'm not sure how to explain it.... it's like a different way to say "Thanks to all the Hunters of PSO". That's the best I could do it. It's like the same way when people say "All the persons here are dead" when the correct way is "All the people here are dead". It's just really a matter of... gah! Like I said, I tried to explain it the best I could. I guess it just really depends on who you're talking to if they take it as a misspell or not... I might be wrong on this though.

NegaTsukasa
Mar 19, 2009, 06:15 PM
in story two there are secret little passages in every level.
its nothing special. and the odlest news. Also, many oflfine plus players tend to see these as secret passage rooms because they havn't played the online quests (that are not offered in offline plus) to them.

furrypaws
Mar 19, 2009, 11:00 PM
This is probably a well known one, but in the towers, if facing a Gibbles, they sometimes become caught "on" the fence when they're either jumping or landing. They'll repeat their jumping animation over and over and be stuck, and won't be able to move unless you get close enough for them to not need to jump, even if you hit them. Makes for an easy kill.

psofan219
Mar 20, 2009, 08:49 AM
Since I can't play Towers yet, I did not know that. Any others?

UnluckyHunter
Mar 22, 2009, 01:05 PM
If you move the camera past a Morfos just right and stop when they're off screen, their lasers can no longer hit you.
I've never been able to pull that off correctly. The only thing that works for me is to have them off-screen when they become active. Once I see them active, I have to pipe out and reset them.

Gibbles' behavior is weird. Their jump range is limited (I think about shot range), so you can use barriers and shoot away with a rifle to kill them.

Not really a trick, but there's a desperation tactic with Del Lilly (I tend to fall back on it in PW4). Attack one at about mechgun range to force it to use its attack that takes you down to 1 HP. If you're lucky your mag will trigger.

NegaTsukasa
Mar 22, 2009, 08:50 PM
some glitches are like that with hildebaers. they will be set in one spot just walking. its weird.

Akruta
Mar 27, 2009, 03:33 PM
I've seen A delsaber Move backwards while doing its tripple slash animation before.

psofan219
Mar 27, 2009, 03:47 PM
I've seen that too. Then they follow up with that jump attack... always kills me.

3---Hit---U
Mar 27, 2009, 03:55 PM
Found a few more:

Dragon's Claw (Rare weapon) is a drop from the Sil Dragon, however it is like the regular Dragon and it also shoots Foie.

All the read items letters carved into them spell out Heathcliff Flowen, and if you kill Olga Flow (in Ult? verify please) and pipe back, you can see him.

You can also see Red Ring Rico under these circumstaces but with a Dark weapon (I think, I Mmight be wrong >.<)

halibabica
Mar 27, 2009, 06:07 PM
I've seen A delsaber Move backwards while doing its tripple slash animation before.

Gibbles also does this (probably b/c he has Delsaber AI/animations). I don't know what causes the glitch for Delsabers, but hitting Gibbles with a strong attack at the start of his punches will force him to move backward instead of forward.

Also, I have to experiment with this more, but I'm pretty sure telepipe portals can block Dark Gunner lasers. When the beam collides with the pipe, it dissipates as if it hit a wall. I'm not totally sure about that, though...I swear I've seen it happen at least twice.

Akruta
Mar 27, 2009, 06:37 PM
Several Ruins enemys are teamkillers (Gunners, Belras and Chaos Bringers)

NegaTsukasa
Mar 28, 2009, 11:06 AM
I dont know if this is supposed to happen or its just my game in general. but in Seat ofthe Heart if you dont get one switch wrong or like a couple, in the West Tower, you wont see the Ill Gills at the top floor. it works every time.
I used to get them when I was starting out and didn't know what to press.

Akruta
Mar 28, 2009, 11:11 AM
Indi Belras disapear from the mini-map before they acctually leave the room. (They are also more devestating then the Ob Lily in my opinion...)

halibabica
Mar 28, 2009, 11:29 AM
I dont know if this is supposed to happen or its just my game in general. but in Seat ofthe Heart if you dont get one switch wrong or like a couple, in the West Tower, you wont see the Ill Gills at the top floor. it works every time.
I used to get them when I was starting out and didn't know what to press.

Yeah, that's supposed to happen. It's your reward for not blowing up the wrong consoles. Also...

This is probably a well known one, but in the towers, if facing a Gibbles, they sometimes become caught "on" the fence when they're either jumping or landing. They'll repeat their jumping animation over and over and be stuck, and won't be able to move unless you get close enough for them to not need to jump, even if you hit them. Makes for an easy kill.

About this, it's not where Gibbles is jumping from that gets him stuck. It's where the player is standing. If you're standing too close to a fence or wall, there's no place for Gibbles to land, so he gets stuck jumping in place. Makes him much easier to fight in Gal Da Val as well as the Control Tower!