PDA

View Full Version : Fomar tips

leet007
Mar 20, 2009, 11:10 PM
ok so i kinda just started pso about 2 months ago and my RAmar is boring and he is only lvl 21 so i decided to make a Fomar and i wanna know if i should start him out with melee or just use mage?

Any Info would be nice for a Noobie >=]

Genoa
Mar 20, 2009, 11:24 PM
ok so i kinda just started pso about 2 months ago and my RAmar is boring and he is only lvl 21 so i decided to make a Fomar and i wanna know if i should start him out with melee or just use mage?

Any Info would be nice for a Noobie >=]

In my opinion, it depends if you're hooking him up with anything from your higher level character(s).
From how it sounds, you only have the RAmar at Lv.21, so starting FOmar fresh will be difficult. I would recommend going towards attack techniques as your primary offense at first.
You will heavily lack the ATA to use Melee properly for a long time, you'll need a lot of DEX on your Mag.
But I would FIRST create a Mind mag, that way you can learn all the disks you find, because a FOmar is no good at melee until you have the high level Shifta/Jellen/Zalure.
Once your high enough you can create a hybrid mag and distribute your material usage. I would lean towards focusing on HP, Pow, Mind, and Luck materials.
Don't really worry too much on how many Pow and Mind mats you distribute, you can compensate the imbalance with your Mags stats.
You will also be poor at Melee until you find weapons with a decent amount of Hit%.
FOmar's only real downfall is his ability to hit targets with weapons, so... you'll have to make sure that's checked first and foremost. Then work on high-level support techs.

Making a melee force takes more effort than most characters, there's a lot more variables involved into making them successful, but once they are, they're much easier to solo with than most characters.

leet007
Mar 20, 2009, 11:28 PM
ok thanks special k, but i also need to know how to get a photon drop quickly cause thee i special thing i ned it for if you can help with the pd then that would be tight dawg

Genoa
Mar 20, 2009, 11:32 PM
Photon Drops are randomly dropped by any creature or box on any difficulty. There is no way to properly hunt them, seeing the rate of which they drop are the same for any enemy and box.

You'll just have to play as you normally do.

leet007
Mar 20, 2009, 11:39 PM
ok and i think most people know why i need photon drops =)

and also i hafta say i made the fomar outta bordom

and i got a lvl 200 hucast a lvl 115 fonewearl a lvl 200 ramarl and a lvl 67 hunewearl

i just dont know what to do for fomars and i aint got 2 controllers (stupid brother sold other one..)

but im a very experienced player so dont worry bout me =)

oh and ima go play pso for a lil bit more peace =o

NegaTsukasa
Mar 21, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm sure you know of what to do by now with a Fomar. All I got to say though is at certian points in the game a Fomar can get expensive to play when it comes to survival.

leet007
Mar 21, 2009, 06:23 PM
lol i know they can get expensive and if i had 2 controler's he would have 4 god/minds atleast lvl 20 in all the basic techs and he would be on hard and i would put atleast 999999 mesata on him but im probably gonna erase him cause it boring

NegaTsukasa
Mar 22, 2009, 11:48 AM
FOmars take dedication to raise. usually you either like them, or you don't.