PDA

View Full Version : Dupes - Godd or Bad?

hucast_blade
Feb 13, 2003, 04:17 PM
Personally,it really doesn't matter to me if a weapon is a dupe. If it has lots of power,I'm happy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Although,getting a 'real' rare is a reward within itself,right?

janitorbob
Feb 13, 2003, 04:20 PM
Dupes are wrong, plain and simple, but you have the point, finding a rare weapon on your own is a reward.

GandorDurin
Feb 13, 2003, 04:22 PM
Dupes come from loopholes and cheat devices. Legit items come from either good luck or hard "work", fighting the same monster(s) over and over.

Those who enjoy repetetive "work" will probably prefer legit items. Those who don't care about earning things and just want the fastest possible advancement will prefer duped items.

There's nothing wrong with owning or using duped things as long as one doesn't ruin the game for others.

However this doesn't really belong in the Trade forum.

Legolas07
Feb 13, 2003, 05:49 PM
Dupe are bad, the whole value of a weapon just plummits when its duped

Guntz348
Feb 13, 2003, 06:27 PM
It really depends on your views, sort of. For the most part bad. It doesn't bother me if people have to dupe and have dupes as long as they stay on there side of the fence. I only get pissed when they try to pass dupes off as legits.

Don't piss on my back and tell me its raining. Thats all that gets me mad.

And this should be in the cheaters section, not the trade section.

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 15, 2003, 09:48 PM
Dupes are bad.If PSO was meant for cheating,there would be no such thing as rares.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 15, 2003, 11:21 PM
I don't think you realize the effects of cheating on the wider scale.

The small and obvious effects are the item imbalance and the thrashing of the trade system.

The not so obvious effects are the oens that take place outside of the game itself. Increased server maintenance, banning, cancellations, etc. are some of the harmful effects.

Ranger_Larry
Feb 15, 2003, 11:57 PM
The worst part of it is that Sonic Team has focused so much on banning it that they have sacrificed the security of your saved game to do it.

#1 The $^%$%!! game is CONSTANTLY saving while you are online, increasing the chance for a bad save. Frankly, I don't like changing equipment while online. There are those few seconds where the item is unequipped.

#2 The system itself is all too happy to delete items that weren't equipped or in the "bank". Also, it more likely to pass off a file as being "corrupt". I've never seen so many problems with games being saved correctly.

I personally think they make too much of a big deal out of it. It is the least harmfull cheat there is. NOL, PK, CK, VK, Lobby freeze, ect. make it seem kind of silly to worry about dupes. Also, on the DC version people didn't have to dupe, they just MADE stuff, with wicked percents no less. (180% dark, anyone?)

I see a great many level 100-125 humars out there with 180 POW mags and whatever they call that J sword. (I never use hunters and could give a hoot less what it is called, starts with a T lol) Oh, they dish out some damage all right.......I also have to pick their butts up off the floor about once each room because they have no defense on their mags, and the power of their weopon makes them THINK they can handle ULT Ruins, Seabed, ect. at such low levels. "Oh, but I beat Falz and Olga already!!"....yeah, how many scapes did you use, again? lol. If you can't beat the game without scapes, you haven't really beaten it. (at level 140 I know I am not high enough to do that yet, on a consistant basis)

Personally I think most of these people will be gone soon. They will have beaten the game, and they have the best weopons. Therefore, they will get bored...and people aren't going to pay $9 a month for a game they don't play http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif As long as they don't have cheat devices to play with, we will be ok.
Those kind of cheats are a hobby in and of themselves...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ranger_Larry on 2003-02-15 20:59 ]</font>

Xtor
Feb 16, 2003, 12:05 AM
i beleve u can cheat but only after u8 have done all u can in a game that is all

Guile
Feb 16, 2003, 02:35 AM
I say do whatever the hell makes you happy..

-If you have a dupe and that puts a smile on your face more power to you

-If you stay as far away of cheating and that makes you happy then good for you

Raist
Feb 16, 2003, 02:14 PM
On 2003-02-15 23:35, Guile wrote:

-If you have a dupe and that puts a smile on your face more power to you

-If you stay as far away of cheating and that makes you happy then good for you

Rrrrrrriiggght and if someone gets off on NOLing other people more power to them too right...cause that puts a smile on their face so its all good right?

FObilix
Feb 16, 2003, 02:38 PM
Problem solved!:

Why don't they just make a new version of PSO where you can start off with lvl 200 characters with all maxed stats. They would also add this new menu where you can choose anything from a list of items and generate it! And your name will have a different color online so you can be like, "Hey! Look at me! I am so cool! I have the cheat version!"

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Anavax
Feb 16, 2003, 04:35 PM
Lmao. Seriously, why not? Has anyone else noticed how cheaters seem to be liberals as well, and a tad touched in the head to boot? I hate welfare crybabies that want everything in life for free. Its so sad that we've idiot proofed the world so well that these people live well into their 40's and 50's!

lvl 112 Hucast and a proud owner of Yamoto +60 with nothing but 5% to hit!

TeamPhalanx
Feb 16, 2003, 05:30 PM

Serial killer probably get happy by killing people...

Serial rapists probably get happy by raping people...

There are people that get a kick out of hurting others, but, you now what, it's against the law to do such things. You know why? Because society takes into account the consequences of your actions. What makes you happy may violate the rights of another person, and that makes it wrong.

Ignorant people like yourself never bother to look at the big picture.

LollipopLolita
Feb 16, 2003, 09:53 PM
On 2003-02-16 14:30, TeamPhalanx wrote:

Serial killer probably get happy by killing people...

Serial rapists probably get happy by raping people...

that would be a scientifically proven no

don't compare duping to such acts.

let's keep this conversation straight, and intelligent.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 16, 2003, 11:16 PM
I do believe it's a proper analogy, and since Psychology constantly changes, nothing is proven or is a fact. I'll cite the different approach and evolution, in both classic and modern fields for that.

It's the same scenerio. A person knowingly does something harmful, and the action(s) hurts others, even those not directly involved.

Consider the recent events. If there was no cheating, it would mean:

No double-save
No bans

Add that to the zillion of other nonsense that resulted because of cheating.

Guile
Feb 17, 2003, 01:41 AM
Rrrrrrriiggght and if someone gets off on NOLing other people more power to them too right...cause that puts a smile on their face so its all good right?

I said if it makes you happy did'nt I?!

Tigger
Feb 17, 2003, 12:11 PM
On 2003-02-16 20:16, TeamPhalanx wrote:
I do believe it's a proper analogy, and since Psychology constantly changes, nothing is proven or is a fact.

It's a horrible analogy.

People get Life or the death sentence for such heinous acts

On ther other hand PSO is just a game.

I could never compare the act of cheating in a damn game to someone getting killed or violated.

TeamPhalanx
Feb 17, 2003, 12:36 PM
In terms of ethical virtues, it's the same thing. It's the act that matters, and not the degree of the offense.

Anavax
Feb 24, 2003, 07:35 PM
On 2003-02-17 09:36, TeamPhalanx wrote:
In terms of ethical virtues, it's the same thing. It's the act that matters, and not the degree of the offense.

Yep. And the motivation for such acts shouldn't matter either.