PDA

View Full Version : GC HUcast or HUcaseal?

Onisia
Mar 24, 2009, 06:45 PM
I have been enjoying my HUcast until I got to the ruins on normal because I am consuming my healing items like crazy and finding it hard to feed my mag. So I was thinking that a HUcaseal would prevent these problems because of their high evasion. Is the switch worth it? or should I go with a different hunter?

raikomaru40
Mar 25, 2009, 06:14 AM
I like HUmars the best simply b/c of their well-rounded strength and obviously their ability to use techs. I've found that if I didn't have access to things like Resta or Ryuker, I'd never have any extra money after tougher areas b/c I'd be spending it all on healing items, and like you said, no money to feed my mag either. While casts are cool and strong, I think the cons outway the pros. I'd recommend a HUmar.

Saffran
Mar 25, 2009, 07:48 AM
Well, there's a bit of truth, but basically, you're too soon into the game to notice any liable difference. Oh, I guess it makes a world of difference if you can equip a Pallash or not, but the evasion boost is not going to help.
I started my mag for my Hucaseal very late into the game - I had two different ones, one in case I nver found the ultimate units I wanted to have, and when I actually got them several years later, I did the other one.

If you only solo, you will notice that your mag feeding gets easier while you run through easier areas. (logical)
If you play with a group of people, you will realize that often times, you can play a whole level through without using a simple monomate (or whatever version you buy). That also means you mag can be fed easily.

That said, you need ermm antidotes? and dimates, and nothing else, right? Those are rather cheap. You will succeed eventually.

Vanzazikon
Mar 25, 2009, 11:22 AM
Well if you are the kind of guy that can't tolerate how much a HUcast misses, then I guess you can switch to a HUcaseal if you like, but Normal Ruins... I think you should level up more or something. Play Mines until your level is high enough where you have no trouble battling a row of Glichics with a Glaive.

NegaTsukasa
Mar 25, 2009, 11:59 AM
thats odd. considering the casts, especialy the Males, shouldn't give you much trouble when it comes to endurance unless your absolutely not ready for the level its self yet.
you also might be at one of those level phases in the game where keeping yourself alive alonge with purchases is rather tricky. you'll get passed it soon enough.

Genoa
Mar 25, 2009, 01:01 PM
HUcaseal has much lower DFP and HP compared to HUcast but the ATA and EVP is incredible.
I find that her Sword animation to be more effective than HUcast because she doesn't take a step foward at the end, so you don't have to do a one-two hit combo to avoid being hit, you can do the full three-hit combo and usually still have time to run back and avoid getting hit.

Her Dagger and Twin Saber animations are also more effective/slightly faster.

I prefer HUcaseal myself, but you'll have to remember... she doesn't have nearly as much HP, DFP, and ATP.
But DFP isn't really anything special, and her EVP makes things quite a bit easier.
Not to mention, if you're playing on BB...
The only Hunter that has access to Dual Birds, and let me tell you, she hits QUITE hard using such powerful mechguns.
Saves you the trouble of having to use Charge Vulcans so often.

Onisia
Mar 25, 2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks for your help right now I am working on a HUcaseal

Saffran
Mar 26, 2009, 08:05 AM
Look, to be fair, I prefer Hucaseals myself but I sometimes look at Hucasts playing in the party, and I compare their damage output and mine, and I really envy them.

Doing 8HP damage per hit on an Ill Gill 9 times is not the same as hitting 4 times out of 9 but doing 70HP damage per hit. But then again, who soloes PW4 as a Hucast or a Hucaseal except the few oddballs?

UnluckyHunter
Mar 29, 2009, 10:47 AM
So I was thinking that a HUcaseal would prevent these problems because of their high evasion.
It wouldn't help much, especially as you struggle early on with the higher difficulties. Just start a (REDRIA) HUnewearl. You get Resta, Shifta, Deband, Zalure and Jellen!

avos20
Mar 29, 2009, 09:46 PM
hmm i would have to say a HUnewearl cause there atp ata and hp all are decent plus there mst is excellent for a hunter cause she can lvl 20 techs while HUmars get lvl 15 techs plus they can you shifta and debend so there very good once your in like hard mode cause you will have good lvl techs to pwn up monsters.. now onto HUcaseal there very good once into mines cause there sword animation is good cause they hit much faster.. well they hit faster with pretty much all wep except katana's but like i have a lvl 27 HUcaseal on hard ruins right now and im 3 hitting the monsters with my dragon slayer so there really good and if your a HUcaseal i would go for a Skyly and for HUnewearl i would definitly go for Redria,Yellowboze,Skyly, or a Oran and these are drops

REDRIA - Defensive armours, and Slicer's
Yellowboze - lot's of cash and they get a variety of weapons no certain one's
SKYLY - Sword's
Oran - dagger's

so whatever type of weapon you want just look at id's np

Genoa
Mar 29, 2009, 10:44 PM
Your run-on sentences are quite difficult to understand first read.
Anyways,
HUcaseal and HUnewearl have the same Sword animation.

The topic was HUcast or HUcaseal, but I wouldn't say don't try HUnewearl because of that.
The OP has already stated that they're using HUcaseal.
Also, HUnewearl's ATA is decent in comparison to say... forces.
Otherwise, the ATA is just mediocre, one of HUnewearl's weak points.

psofan219
Mar 29, 2009, 11:00 PM
Otherwise, the ATA is just mediocre, one of HUnewearl's weak points.

If we could co-op right now, I'd change this opinion, because if I equip the right weapon, I can have nearly 300 ATA, and that, is not mediocre. My HUnewearl hits roughly 95% of the time, including Extra Attacks. Her max ATA is 199, which is fairly good. Of course, I also use weapons that have high hit % as well, and that does make a difference. Either way, I'm pretty sure that this opinion would be given a second thought.

In general, no matter what HU you are, your ATA growth rate is rather slow. I'd suggest raising a MAG as the start that has high DEX to cover this. You could always make another MAG to max out ATP later. This is just my style of play, and, in my eyes, simply just more logical.

Megatron0088
Mar 29, 2009, 11:44 PM
If we could co-op right now, I'd change this opinion, because if I equip the right weapon, I can have nearly 300 ATA, and that, is not mediocre. My HUnewearl hits roughly 95% of the time, including Extra Attacks. Her max ATA is 199, which is fairly good. Of course, I also use weapons that have high hit % as well, and that does make a difference. Either way, I'm pretty sure that this opinion would be given a second thought.

In general, no matter what HU you are, your ATA growth rate is rather slow. I'd suggest raising a MAG as the start that has high DEX to cover this. You could always make another MAG to max out ATP later. This is just my style of play, and, in my eyes, simply just more logical.
i agree. the first thing to level up in any PSO character, is the weakness, and turn it into their strength. my RAmar uses delsaber's shield and saber most of the time in multiplayer to give good close quarters combat support to my friends. if i had low ATP (its 1500 on average with weapon) id have to use alot more long range, which isnt always the way to go.:dead:

Saffran
Mar 30, 2009, 02:45 AM
because if I equip the right weapon, I can have nearly 300 ATA,
The ATA of a Huneweral is still less than what Humar and Hucaseal get. i.e. with the weapon you mean, they would reach 300 ATA too (the Hucaseal would be at 320 ATA). Hucast has less ATA, BUT he can equip Sparts 2.01 with will give him 15 extra ATA.

Of course, the point is moot with weapons which have over 70% hit and with Red Ring. (any class can hit with those equipped)

Genoa
Mar 30, 2009, 02:50 AM
HUnewearl MAX ATA is nice, but her growth is NOT.
At 200, she would have 147
So you have to make up for a lot with your Mag and/or units.
And actually, every other Hunter has decent ATA growth. HUmar and HUcast included, but HUcaseal especially.
Newmans tend to have good MAX ATA but poor Growth. Just as FOnewm and FOnewearl have horrible growth, as does HUnewearl.

psofan219
Mar 30, 2009, 09:50 AM
The ATA of a Huneweral is still less than what Humar and Hucaseal get. i.e. with the weapon you mean, they would reach 300 ATA too (the Hucaseal would be at 320 ATA). Hucast has less ATA, BUT he can equip Sparts 2.01 with will give him 15 extra ATA.

Of course, the point is moot with weapons which have over 70% hit and with Red Ring. (any class can hit with those equipped)

I know this already. I was just saying that her ATA isn't really all that mediocre. Growth rate, yeah, it's rather slow, but overall, it's not. HUmar only has 1 extra ATA, and I'm not sure about HUcaseal. And she makes up for that loss in ATA with her LV20 techs.

HUnewearl MAX ATA is nice, but her growth is NOT.
At 200, she would have 147
So you have to make up for a lot with your Mag and/or units.
And actually, every other Hunter has decent ATA growth. HUmar and HUcast included, but HUcaseal especially.
Newmans tend to have good MAX ATA but poor Growth. Just as FOnewm and FOnewearl have horrible growth, as does HUnewearl.

147 huh? Thanks. Now I can make a newer MAG to maximize ATA all the time and have a bigger MST/ATP boost. I have no problem patching up the rest of her ATA with my MAG, since I don't really care much for ATP (I let the leveling process and Shifta/Zalure take care of power). I was just saying that her ATA isn't what you'd call "mediocre" overall. Growth rate, sure, it's rather on they slow side, but as I stated already, she makes up for it with LV20 techs/TP regen, as do all Newmans. Something that is very important for me, since I use techs frequently to aid me in combat (and I mean all of them, not just Resta/Anti/S/D/J/Z/Rafoie/Rabarta).

And sorry for getting off-topic.

Genoa
Mar 30, 2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah I never was really specific on the difference of max and growth.

And HUcaseal is a beast with ATA. Her max is 218, the only Hunter than can equip Dual Birds (which require 210 ATA)
It has 252 ATP when fully grinded (which is A LOT for a mechgun).

Her growth is also quite exceptional, 184 ATA at Lv.200.

Saffran
Mar 31, 2009, 04:57 AM
Yeah, but a fully grund (grinded?) Dual Bird with 100% still does about the same damage as a charge vulcan. Except it doesn't cost meseta and it has longer reach.

Onisia
Mar 31, 2009, 07:55 AM
Well now I am working on a RAmarl with viridia

Genoa
Mar 31, 2009, 04:10 PM
The Charge Vulcans still do a little more, but you're not honestly going to use Charge Vulcans for EVERYTHING you come across (or at least I would hope not, unless you're practically cheating for meseta, you normally can't afford to use Charge all the time).

psofan219
Mar 31, 2009, 05:54 PM
I have been enjoying my HUcast until I got to the ruins on normal because I am consuming my healing items like crazy and finding it hard to feed my mag. So I was thinking that a HUcaseal would prevent these problems because of their high evasion. Is the switch worth it? or should I go with a different hunter?

I got through using a ranged weapon at like... 14? 16? Can't remember. I also had help from my higher level character providing him powerful weapons, which also makes a huge difference. If you're using melee weapons, don't use single-target weapons. Switch over to sweeping weapons, like a Partisan or Sword-type weapon. Partisan preferably, since you're a HUcast. Normal, Hard, Hard as your combo will push them back far enough to where you can move without taking a hit. It also would help if you learn exactly what enemies are your biggest problem, and either target them first, or avoid them until they're the only enemy left. Take advantage of the monsters speeds as well. For example, if you're in a room where you're pitted against a ton of Dimenians, and there's a Belra in the room, use the Belra as wall, and fire around him at the Dimenians. Claws are also useful for this tactic, for the most part. They can slow down the progression of Dimenians/Delsabers, giving you time to do more damage. If you're struggling period against all enemies, then go do some quests and level some more.