PDA

View Full Version : how hard is challenge mode?

BeatZero
Feb 13, 2003, 08:03 PM
i want to get a s-rank weapon and the title, so how hard is it?

or forgot to add im a lvl 52 Ramar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BeatZero on 2003-02-13 17:10 ]</font>

hooray4punkmusic
Feb 13, 2003, 08:34 PM
Ask yourself? Are you a good at playing PSO? When I mean "good" I mean very GOOD.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 13, 2003, 08:43 PM
It's tough. People won't want to accept you into teams, since you're a RAmar. Try playing challenge as a HUcaseal. You only need to be level 1 to do it.

DarkBlaize
Feb 13, 2003, 08:56 PM
Cmode is difficult if you do not know how to fight conservatively. You must be able to do much more damage than you take. Supplies are extremely limited, you keep none of your gear (including your mag), experience or techs. In challenge 1 you start off as if you just created the character (in your case with a hand gun, a level 5 mag, and a frame). You dont get to transfer stuff you find in one challenge to another. RAmars are not a good class to be for challenge mode. This shouldn't be a problem as you can make a new character specifically for cmode and it will fare as well in cmode as a lv 200 (except that someone who plays a level 200 probably has a better grasp on the dynamics of the game) For more information check out the challenge mode faqs by shotie and snapple in the faq section here at PSOW, and also the guides section here.

IceBlink
Feb 13, 2003, 08:58 PM
If you don't know how to work with other people, then it's impossible. o_O

If you do, then at least you have a chance. Hehehe.

DarkBlaize
Feb 13, 2003, 10:22 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ *beep* w3rd *beep*

TedEdFred
Feb 13, 2003, 10:24 PM
challenging

Vitamin_D
Feb 13, 2003, 10:28 PM
There's a lot of factors that determine wether Challenge is easy or not. But the most important is the teammates you get, and if you can get along with them. And even your Section IDs have an effect. So it really depends...

Celes152
Feb 13, 2003, 10:29 PM
Challenge mode is a JOKE on Gamecube. It's sad, material is by 10, you can find Mechs with such high percents, you can kill with normal normal hard, the survival aspect seems gone. Even playing with n00bs I'm breezing through it on GCN. I'm an old vet to DC C-mode( As a certain..Fox should know) and they were much harder than this. Oh? Driods get traps too? Even easier. It seems the S/D range for FOs is bigger too. Crappy C-mode = Crappy S-ranks...

rbf2000
Feb 14, 2003, 02:19 AM
On 2003-02-13 19:29, Celes152 wrote:
Challenge mode is a JOKE on Gamecube. It's sad, material is by 10, you can find Mechs with such high percents, you can kill with normal normal hard, the survival aspect seems gone. Even playing with n00bs I'm breezing through it on GCN. I'm an old vet to DC C-mode( As a certain..Fox should know) and they were much harder than this. Oh? Driods get traps too? Even easier. It seems the S/D range for FOs is bigger too. Crappy C-mode = Crappy S-ranks...
It's a joke to vets who know what they are doing, since we didn't have any of this stuff back in v2. But it's still hard if you don't know the maps, don't know what to do, don't know how to not get hit, or how to conserve mats.

So, yes, it's a lot easier, but only if you were good at v2 challange.

Sunaj
Feb 14, 2003, 05:00 AM
It's completely EASY....if you know PSO intimately, and can work well in groups, and study. ^_^;;

There's puzzles in each one and specific route that you can learn by doing a C mode serveral times, or simply seeing the maps at PSOw.

The enemies and weapons that appear are affected by ID as well, redria is TERRIBLE as a hunter ID. Might want a new ID. (seeing 4 hildebears drop in forest 2...is a death sentance...) You also should have a good idea of how long traps take to go off, all magic resistance, rough damage you deal, and when an enemy will attack, and when he will die...and some more stuff. Like which classes to use too.

Its based mostly on teamwork though. The ranger sets off freeze traps and keeps bad stuff at bay, the force collects the junk from boxes, the hunters...uhm, hunt. So long as you remeber stuff like, give the fluids and mind mats to the force, and use bombs well, you'll do decently in any Cmode, no matter how in-experinced you may be.

Deus-Irae
Feb 14, 2003, 11:15 PM
but we recomend trying it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

it can be a bit tough, but it is still one of the most fun aspects of PSO (despite the apparent crappy prizes were getting...).

Try it! you'll like it!

VulpesMundi
Feb 15, 2003, 02:21 AM
The earlier stages tend to be more difficult in this version due to the changes to the stats, particularly ATA, and the alteration of the sword combos. But given even one weapon with a good hit bonus and suddenly even the toughest stage becomes easy. Droid traps also add to the ease of play. Confuse a group of critters and they'll kill each other. Freeze them and they're sitting ducks. Even a damage trap can do good, particularly against Pofuilly Slimes that are moving around and untargetable. Force's have some rediculously powerful techs and can even survive Falz fairly easy given a few HP mats (now worth 10, like any other mat in C-mode).

All in all, how easy it is depends on the weapon drops. And since weapons tend to be pretty common, you're almost guaranteed to find one (if not five) with a decent hit bonus. And now that the S-rank weapons suck, the prestige of C-mode is all but lost. Even Time Attack has less meaning now that just one good weapon can make such a huge difference. In the end, though, C-mode is still fun. Play it more for fun and not for gain.

KillerCC1101
Feb 15, 2003, 04:19 AM
I'd say it depends pn you all around people skills and like they all said...if you have a good/nice team then you can do some great "teamwork" lol which is what is needed in the damn thing (I always seem to get someone on my team that is greedy and takes all of the mats and everything, lol)

BeatZero
Feb 15, 2003, 09:33 AM
so what class would be the best? i think i want to go hunter

Ghaleon-Sama
Feb 15, 2003, 11:56 AM
HUcast is by far the best class to beat C-mode with. But don't give up accomplishing it with your RAmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As long as you know the maps (available on this wonderful site), you'll be just fine. Don't expect to beat an excellent time on your first time through C-mode. But beating it under 7 hours on your first run is EASY.
I beat it with my FOmarl in 5 hours 10 minutes, while S-Rank is under 7 hours.

Play with Japanese people, they taught me how to play super fast -- just learning from their way of playing, my japanese is too limited to chat with them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I beat in 3 hours 46 minutes with my HUcast. I know the maps like the back of my hand, I beat C-mode 16 times !!!!!

BTW, this is NOT Ghaleon-Sama posting. I'm at my friend's place and too lazy to log on as Kefka http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghaleon-Sama on 2003-02-15 08:57 ]</font>

Wewt
Feb 15, 2003, 01:08 PM
On 2003-02-15 08:56, Ghaleon-Sama wrote:
HUcast is by far the best class to beat C-mode with. But don't give up accomplishing it with your RAmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm going to have to strongly disagree here. RAmar's big toe > HUcast ATA. HUcast ATA sucks. HUcast only has an advantage on C9, where they can just pick up a Pallasch and tear the enemies apart.

VulpesMundi
Feb 15, 2003, 07:26 PM
RAmars (and all rangers, for that matter) are best with a weapon that has a special attack, though. They may have the ATA to hit, but they lack power. The best class, imo, is the HUcaseal. Good power and lots of ATA. She can use almost every gun in every stage right away (with the exclusion of a Lockgun in c6 and a Railgun in c9). Give her a dagger-class weapon (in which she has the best combo) and she'll shred any critter into pieces faster than you can say holy spit. In c9 a Blade's 6-hit combo will do far more damage than a Pallasch's 3-hit combo, given the same stats.

Hrith
Feb 16, 2003, 03:03 PM
Well I have a much better time w/ my HUcast than I do my RAcast, so... it's my experience, you know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I tried all hunters, all rangers and FOmarl and my favorite is still HUcast -- for ATP, DFP & HP. I'd say HUcast rocks from C2, I never miss a hit from this stage on. Just do not use strong attacks in caves, the monsters are slow and won't have time to strike back ; in mines, they either fall on your first strike (Gillchics / Dubchics) or don't even move (Sinows), I use Garanz' own missiles to kill it ; in ruins, you have ATA enough to use a strong attack http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But my preference for the HUcast may well be related to the way I play, that's all.

It is by no means impossible, nor difficult to achieve S-rank with ANY class (FOnewearl should be tricky, though), THIS was my main point http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif