PDA

View Full Version : Is PSO GC growing or dying?

Vantamiath
Feb 13, 2003, 08:04 PM
I think PSO for GC is growing, its gonna get some more gamers from the PAL release, and the game is starting to get more recognition. I dont think the XBOX version will make GC PSO dwindle in number either.

What do you guys think?

Sminger
Feb 13, 2003, 08:13 PM
especially with talk of a keyboard on the rise, and the newly released pc to gamecube keyboard adapter (http://www.pantsofevilgames.com/kb), i definitly think the gamecube pso is rising.

hooray4punkmusic
Feb 13, 2003, 08:28 PM
I think it's growing. When i talk to the kids in my school with GameCubes, I always talk about PSO in front of them. And tell them how good of a game it is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Vantamiath
Feb 13, 2003, 08:34 PM
I salute you hurray4punkrockmusic...We could use more recruiters! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 13, 2003, 08:45 PM
Well...I dont think you can squarely seperate the different PSO versions in the regards to popularity (since some folks plan on owning both episode I and II games). I think the series (as a whole) is on the rise. When we were just stuck playing the game on dreamcast, only those with a dreamcast could play it. Now as ST expands the series to other consoles, the fanbase grows and grows.

Despite being forced to play on seperate servers and seperate consoles, both XBOX and Gamecube PSO players are cut from the same material. If I find a weapon on PSOX with a certain ID, there's a distint possibility that a Gamecube player can find the same weapon on his/hers version.

This is why PSOW is good. Despite the occasional flare up on what version is better...we're essential the same. We're a community of PSO players, regardless on what version you choose to purchase and play.

Castoth
Feb 13, 2003, 09:03 PM
Still growing but if Sega doesn't knock it off with all the new glitches/bugs lately, it might start dwindling soon.

PalRappy03
Feb 16, 2003, 04:59 PM
Growing. At school it used to just be me who had PSO. Now i know 3 others and theres probably more.

Layrinn
Feb 16, 2003, 05:22 PM
It's clearly growing... the people I play with regularly now are not the same people I played with a month ago. Like iHATEpsoCHEATERS said, the upcoming PAL PSO release will add more fuel to the fire. The Xbox release will certainly take some players away, but I doubt it will be significant. The fact that the Xbox servers will be segregated is a very bad move on their part, IMO. One of the best features of this game since day one has been the support for international play. It's my feeling that Sega is taking a step in the wrong direction by not linking Xbox and GC servers, and especially by not linking the different Xbox regions.

This game has one of the strongest communities I've seen (particularly for a console game), and it's here to stay.
Thanks for the link, Sminger. =) We should be good to go any day now.

See you online!

klepto
Feb 16, 2003, 07:41 PM
The greatest threat to PSO is when people get the game, play it for two hours, then say its dumb. My friend who was, along with myself, lucky enoguh to hunt down PSO in our city, played up until De Rol Lie. About a month ago, he died once to him, and hasnt played since.

hooray4punkmusic
Feb 16, 2003, 09:24 PM
On 2003-02-13 17:34, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
I salute you hurray4punkrockmusic...We could use more recruiters! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mwahahaha! Today i just convinced a kid to but the game for Gamecube! Mwahahaha.

Denny
Feb 17, 2003, 08:04 AM
Hmm, I wonder how long Microsoft will keep the Xbox servers (US, EU, JA) seperated? There are a few English players on the Japanese servers (Microsoft/Sega US employees?), so they may choose to link the servers at a later date? Since the Word Select system is still in the US version of the game, I think it would be strange if they never linked the servers.

It's times like this where I wish someone would set up a Q and A with Microsoft just to ask their stance on PSO (the changes, keyboards, exclusive quest(s), etc.), and their plans for countering cheat devices being used on Xbox Live.

To me, PSO as a series has the potential to grow, but Sonic Team is doing to little to push the series forward. I think it's time for a true sequel with a deeper combat system and more character customization options. I don't want to keep seeing "Episodes" unless there are some new stories, and great music and levels that go along with them. The Xbox has a HD and Sonic Team needs to make use of it to try a few new things.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 17, 2003, 11:45 AM
moved response to xbox sticky thread to avoid getting offtopic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-02-17 11:29 ]</font>

rekco
Feb 18, 2003, 11:18 PM
PSO will never die as long as sega owns my soul cause i couldnt pay the monthly bill but they said if i gave them my soul they would even give me a free month of online and thats why it will never die.MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

rekco
Feb 18, 2003, 11:22 PM
PSO will never die as long as sega owns my soul cause i couldnt pay the monthly bill but they said if i gave them my soul they would even give me a free month of online and thats why it will never die.MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!![img]

ShieldDragon
Feb 18, 2003, 11:32 PM
I'm surprised that PSO hasn't been losing players due to all the bugs I hear being talked about. Personally, me and my group of friends are more than likely going to be playing this game offline multiplayer until we hit lvl 200.

Anyhoo, is PSO GC dying? I thought online would be.

Para
Feb 18, 2003, 11:37 PM
growing because when im playin pso at school or at radio shack... people are like what is this??? and i tell them its pso and they are like "whats pso???" and i go "phantasy star online" and they watch and get very interested and i said its for GC and they are like... "ooooo looks good!!"
sometimes people might come in and actually realize its pso because they have the dreamcast v2 and i tell them to play the GC one and they are like "hmmm yeah i think i might get it" and then when they watch even longer... "DAMN I NEED THAT GAME NOW" XD!!!

IronKnight
Feb 18, 2003, 11:41 PM
This is a message board abour PSO... no one here is going to point out that the fanbase is shrinking. Fact of the matter is alot of players are really turned off at the $9 fee if they are going to haveta put up with glitches/bugs and no way to communicate (no keyboard made specifically for GC in the US). Although this will change with PSO Xbox people are even more pissed that they will haveta pay $9 on top of the XB Live fee. Tis a sad time to be a PSO fan.