PDA

View Full Version : Filefront Shutting Down.

Rubius-sama
Mar 25, 2009, 09:12 PM
Dear FileFront User:

We regret to inform you that due to the current economic conditions we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended.

We would like to give a warm thank you to all of you who have been part of the FileFront communities we have built together. Your support has had a meaningful impact for all of us here at FileFront. Again, we want to give you a sincere “thank you” for your support over the years and wish you all the very best.

Keep gaming alive,

FileFront Management and Team.

[email protected]

http://farewell.filefront.com

This sucks. Their free service was pretty awesome. Although I didn't have anything up there, some others might wanna grab a few files before it shuts down.

Shadowpawn
Mar 25, 2009, 09:34 PM
That's a real shame, I never got to use any of their services despite being a member of that site. Why you ask, I'm not a PC gamer. Now that it's shutting down due to THE ECONOMY (in all caps...baby) I guess I never will.

Inazuma
Mar 25, 2009, 09:38 PM
yeah, this sucks. they were a nice way to share files.

Retehi
Mar 25, 2009, 10:28 PM
Holy shit, I better grab all my old UT2k4 maps now. :(

Blue-Hawk
Mar 25, 2009, 10:53 PM
Aw damn. Now where am I going to get my pc demos? I HATE Fileplanet.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Mar 25, 2009, 11:10 PM
File planet. *Twitch*
Filefront was decent. =^.^=

KaneKahn
Mar 26, 2009, 03:47 AM
What you get for making everyone sign up and then only allowing them to download so much during the spam of Pop Ups without paying.

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 26, 2009, 04:10 AM
I hope this is an early April's fools :S

Firocket1690
Mar 26, 2009, 04:28 AM
I hope this is an early April's fools :S

shutting down 30th .... so if it does work in april :wacko:

Some games used to be hosted there, but I never ... well. unless some game's official site linked to filefront, I didn't use them much. Aside from that, I do remember filefront being somewhat difficult to browse through; like, unless you knew what you wanted, you'd have to sift through a bunch of pages.

Syl
Mar 26, 2009, 04:51 AM
Well it's a shame to see the site go, I used to use it a lot back in my PC shooter days.

Neith
Mar 26, 2009, 03:36 PM
Holy shit, I better grab all my old UT2k4 maps now. :(

Thanks for reminding me D: Man, this sucks :disapprove:

Blitzkommando
Mar 26, 2009, 10:19 PM
Filefront, as annoying as its organizational methodology was, was far and above more preferable to File Planet which is even more annoying to download from than even Rapidshare during the 5 minute wait times.

Sol_B4dguy
Apr 2, 2009, 05:30 PM
Good news: The original owners bought it back from Ziff-Davis, and it's not going to shut down after all!

http://welcome.filefront.com/

Thank goodness for this; I hate File Planet

Rubius-sama
Apr 2, 2009, 07:21 PM
Wow, talk about bad timing, lol.

I wonder if the deal was going to happen anyways, and if this was all just a publicity stunt spin on the event.