PDA

View Full Version : Right... Any FOnewearl experts?

Orange_Coconut
Feb 13, 2003, 09:00 PM
Listen, I have rad the info on the Fonewearl on this site, and the Material suggestions, however I would like a suggestion from a FOnewearl user. I used too many evade mats on my first one, but this one I want to be good in magic and I'm THINKING defense, but I'm not sure. I know the FOnewearl has the second highest evade in the game. Could a Fonewearl pro help me? please? Oh, and I know there are only HP mats in this GC version, so I guess I'll have to use HP mats when I have to stop boosting stats. If anyone could though, I'd really appreciate some guidance and maybe the number of each mat I should use. I still don't know if I really have to use evade mats compared to defense mats though...

-Thanks!
PS- I accidentally posted this in Tech Support, sorry for the inconvenience! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

TeamPhalanx
Feb 13, 2003, 09:17 PM
Forget about using Defense materials. Your DFP is pathetic to start with, and a rare armor/shield is more important to your DFP than your natural DFP.

In terms of Mind & Evade materials, you need to be realistic. It's possible to max out both, but unless you plan on going for level 200, I wouldn't bother working out the math.

At level 200, it'll take 74 Evade materials for you to reach the max. So, here's the thing. Evade does not play a significant role unless it's very high - I'm talking around level 140 high. Also, note that the enemies that have the potential of 1-hit killing you will still hit you, since they have very high ATA.

Basically, if you're going to level up a lot, take the 74 Evade mats and spend the rest on Mind mats. If you're not (only 120 or so) going to level up much, go with Mind materials.

Orange_Coconut
Feb 13, 2003, 09:19 PM
Yay! Thanks for responding http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I just had a bad experience with my previous FOnewearl because I used many many evade mats on her and I even used power mats on her. *sob*. But I guess I was headed in the right direction with the evade mats then? The only problem was that my MST was 200 higher at level 103 then a level 18 FOnewearl..

TeamPhalanx
Feb 13, 2003, 09:29 PM
Evade & Mind mats are good, Defense is so-so, everything is should be avoided.

It's not that hard to get a low level FOnewearl's MST high, but keep in mind that your growth rate changes as you level up. In other words, you won't see a huge difference in MST unless you compare a level 80 and a level 160 FOnewearl, as opposed to a level 20 and a level 100 Fonewearl.

burst
Feb 13, 2003, 09:29 PM
I personally wouldn't use any defense or power mats. You can get all that you need in those areas from a well thought out MAG. I would recommend DEF>MIND (Don't bother filling up DEX or POW). Since you want to be good in magic, I would suggest that you use mind materials. I think it would be smarter to use HP, evade and mind materials. In that order of importance (you can always fill an armour slot if you want even more TP, same goes for defense).

Don't take any of that concretely. Play with it to make it into what you want.

If you need anymore help just IM me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burst on 2003-02-13 18:41 ]</font>

Rockburn
Feb 13, 2003, 09:48 PM
My FOnewearl uses a max MST mag and high level disks.
She pwns all-around. Rarely EVER gets hit..

Celes152
Feb 13, 2003, 10:35 PM
You should watch a FOnewm with a Pyscho wand. @_@

Level 30 Rafoie has decent range, is really fast and will clean rooms much faster than FOnewearl. With the Pwand, he'll go a long time without fluids.

CajunSamurai
Feb 14, 2003, 02:00 AM
A FOnewearl on the other hand absolutely OWNS with a Summit Moon... YOWZA. If I'm not mistaken, a Summit raises all simple techs damage by 1.3... Add that to a FOnewearl's innate x1.3 for simple techs, and you have one insanely powerful FO (similar to a FOmar using a Magical Piece or FOnewm with Psycho Wand). My FOnewearl even has a Zonde Merge equipped as well for another x1.3 to Zonde, so... ZAP, SIZZZZZLE!

Tulathis
Feb 14, 2003, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I'd concentrate on mostly mind materials and a few evade, but don't go overboard. It's nice to have a naturally high mst and then equip a mag or units to alter your other stats to what you want them to be. I'd also say forget about luck as you won't often be using a weapon to attack with.

Also, on the comment about weapons affecting techniques; I've noticed that there is a small error in the PSOW chart. The Fire Scepter: Agni and Ice Staff: Dagon make all of their related techniques 1.3 times more effective, not just the simple versions of those spells. They got it right on the Storm Wand, but somehow missed it on the other two.

One more comment on FOnewearls. Once you get to Ultimate try out Megid. FOnewearls get an inherrant bonus to it and when it's level 27 or greater it almost always kills most enemies in one try. If you can get a hold of a Dark Bridge it's insanely effective.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J-3PO on 2003-02-14 04:29 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Feb 14, 2003, 10:38 AM
Hmm...how about this for an effective Fonewearl outfit? Is this any good? I already have everything except the pwand and god/hps...

Psychowand (30% boost to ra techs)
Summit Moon (30% boost to simple techs)

4 slot rare armor (guard wave or whatever)
- God/Mind
- God/Mind
- God/HP
- God/HP

Red Merge (20% to foie techs)
Blue Merge (20% to barta techs)
Yellow Merge (20% to zone techs)

Mind mag (186 mind)

When I'm using Ra-techs, I'll just equip the pwand and the appropriate merge. When I want to do simple techs, I'll throw on the summit moon and the appropriate merge. Is there any better configuration for her?

Arinoma
Feb 14, 2003, 06:23 PM
well i was wondering how to make a summit moon. I was fortunate enoguh to come across the magic stone "moola", and im wondering when you grind out a cane, would there be a difference if you were to grind out a club instead then use the stone? any suggestions on the best way to do this?