PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Gunswords & Classes.

Zero Revenge
Mar 25, 2009, 11:47 PM
So I don't have PS0, but I'm psyched about it as all Hell. I hear all the rave about Forces, but no matter the game, i've always been bad with Caster classes. So Force is out of the picture.

In PSO and PSU, I always ended up playing a Ranger who melee's half the time, or a Hunter who uses a Handgun or Mechgun half the time. I know, not really optimizing myself, but it's what always ends up happening whenever I play with my friends.

And now with PS0 and the Gunswords, seems to really combine the 2 things I do [no matter the class] into 1 weapon. Now my question is, between the Hunter and Ranger, which is better suited for Gunblades as a whole? According to TehWavy, most Gunblades can be used by both classes.

So out of personal experience or word of mouth, could anyone tell me which class would be better suited for using it? Anything special I would need to know about the weapons [major flaw or strength? I already know you can shoot it when holding L.] or anything else in particular?

And what class is Kai? Hunter or Ranger? I know it's not my main question, i'm just curious.

Thank you in Advance.

R3volver
Mar 26, 2009, 01:48 AM
Realistically speaking you're putting way too much thought into this. Unless you plan on playing this game during recess you shouldn't be psyched about this game other than getting to see the new levels and how everything works. If you're already planning which weapons you're going to be playing with you're going to be sadly disappointed with what awaits you. This area isn't active for a reason. When I played gunblades weren't very effective as swords or guns. Only saw people use them when they were too high level for the quest.

jmanx
Mar 26, 2009, 05:06 AM
I dont know I would say gun blades are pretty darn good if i do say so my self. They have PA charge fast like a hangun and Decent power and you can mix the slash combo with the gun at the end. I think it may be a glitch though but you can go past a 3 hit combo. Also the gun is a shot btw.

Zero Revenge
Mar 27, 2009, 12:25 AM
Realistically speaking you're putting way too much thought into this. Unless you plan on playing this game during recess you shouldn't be psyched about this game other than getting to see the new levels and how everything works. If you're already planning which weapons you're going to be playing with you're going to be sadly disappointed with what awaits you. This area isn't active for a reason. When I played gunblades weren't very effective as swords or guns. Only saw people use them when they were too high level for the quest.

Oh my, that's not too good sounding. Sounds like you don't like the game that much. I've heard such good things too.

I dont know I would say gun blades are pretty darn good if i do say so my self. They have PA charge fast like a hangun and Decent power and you can mix the slash combo with the gun at the end. I think it may be a glitch though but you can go past a 3 hit combo. Also the gun is a shot btw.

Oh wow? So does the Gunsword's Shot-spread hit the same enemy 3 times if i'm close enough? Would I fare better using one of these with a Hunter or Ranger?

jmanx
Mar 27, 2009, 06:17 AM
well yea if your far enough they would go to 3 diff enemies while close range it hits 3x