PDA

View Full Version : Still kickin'

raikomaru40
Mar 26, 2009, 06:45 AM
It's so good to see people who are still finding out about PSO and starting to play. Thank you avos20 and everyone else who is new to PSO and keeping the wonderment alive.

Crazyleo
Mar 26, 2009, 10:34 AM
It's so good to see people who are still finding out about PSO and starting to play. Thank you avos20 and everyone else who is new to PSO and keeping the wonderment alive.

I've been playing the game on and off ever since it came out on the GC.

raikomaru40
Mar 26, 2009, 10:39 AM
I'm a die-hard ver.2 fan, but as soon as I get a 360 I'll start playing PSU too. I'm not sure if you're aware, but they made it tons easier from DC to GC. I'm level 85-ish and the Ult. Forest is still tough if I go in close to Bartles.

Crazyleo
Mar 26, 2009, 10:48 AM
I played ver.1 when it first came out, but couldn't get past Unsealed door cause the npc kept dying on me. (Was playing a Racast)

I have played PSU as well. But I went back to PSO mainly because I can't play online, and once I completed the single player game, there was no point on playing it anymore.

NegaTsukasa
Mar 26, 2009, 10:52 AM
these new people coming in really entertain me. gives me the pleasure of telling them about the game even more so than to an older player. ^^
and most of all, keeping this forum alive. lol
I've been playing GC version ever since a few months to a year after it came out. :P
never joined the forums though till like waaaay later.

Crazyleo
Mar 26, 2009, 10:56 AM
That was the primary reason why I joined PSOW. I wanted to be with people who enjoyed PSO (primarily) and PSU as much as I have.

raikomaru40
Mar 26, 2009, 10:59 AM
I know, and to this day I've never found a site so dedicated to awesomeness and w/ such good info.

psofan219
Mar 26, 2009, 11:56 AM
And I don't think this site will ever be trumped in those two categories. I've been playing GCPSO ever since like a year after it's release I think... that sounds right anyways. Didn't discover PSOW until at just about the end of last year. I'm glad I did. This site is chock-full of useful info that's helped me so far, and some nice people as well. I'm looking forward to staying around here for a while to come yet.

raikomaru40
Mar 26, 2009, 01:27 PM
I remember first playing it at my friend's house a while ago on GC. I made a RAcast and loved him b/c he was so big and BA-lookin........I was new and so obviously didn't know how to play, but my friend and his brother played alongside me and they were around lvl 150-ish, and we just went through the Forest a little bit, but I fell in love w/ the Yamato Blades and whenever my friend and I would play fight (remember, this was like 6 years ago) I would mimic the blades and, oh, just the joyous memories, like a kid in a candy store w/ a machine gun.............:wacko:

Vanzazikon
Mar 26, 2009, 02:28 PM
So six years ago... So you were 1 years old? :wacko:

TrueChaos
Mar 26, 2009, 02:30 PM
i started playing GC version years ago and about 2 months ago got into BB. the game still rules.

psofan219
Mar 26, 2009, 06:51 PM
My cousin was the one who introduced me to PSO. He used his friends MC, and he had like a LV141 I believe... all sorts of nice equipment. First character I ever used was a RAcast. Would've been HUcast, but my cousin directed me towards the RA department instead. Said they were easier to use for noobs... Had a blast with it. We skipped the Forest and went right to the Caves. Wielding my max grinded Justy (thanks to high-level MAG and four God/Arms), I blew through the Caves. Didn't fight De Rol Lee though, but never-the-less I had a blast. Picked up my own copy like 8 months later I think... can't remember, it was sucj a long time ago.

NegaTsukasa
Mar 27, 2009, 12:38 AM
My cousin was the one who introduced me to PSO. He used his friends MC, and he had like a LV141 I believe... all sorts of nice equipment. First character I ever used was a RAcast. Would've been HUcast, but my cousin directed me towards the RA department instead. Said they were easier to use for noobs... Had a blast with it. We skipped the Forest and went right to the Caves. Wielding my max grinded Justy (thanks to high-level MAG and four God/Arms), I blew through the Caves. Didn't fight De Rol Lee though, but never-the-less I had a blast. Picked up my own copy like 8 months later I think... can't remember, it was sucj a long time ago.

when I got Sonic Adventure 2 for DC the PSO ad was on the back of the game booklet. never knew what it was but it looked cool. some odd years later I stumbled across the pus version at Game Stop. las tone left. and I questioned myself if I should get it. it looked neat. I definatly made a very wise choice.
started as a FOmar by the name of Tsukasa and has been stuck wit hit ever since. I remember I started out in multi mode with my cousin from Up North who came down to visit. we practicaly started at the same time. lol spent a hefty amount of time in the lobby and then eventually found the forest and it became fairly easy from the get-go.

raikomaru40
Mar 27, 2009, 06:28 AM
So six years ago... So you were 1 years old? :wacko:

..............yes.............. :disapprove:

Crazyleo
Mar 27, 2009, 09:43 AM
..............yes.............. :disapprove:

Don't feel to bad...We all were at the stage in life once. :-P

Thankfully it quickly passes. :-D

R3volver
Mar 27, 2009, 09:57 AM
I can barley remember when I got PSO for Dreamcast. I remember comparing Dreamcast shots to the PS2 running Unreal Tournament and seeing that PS2 had better graphics but I bought the Dreamcast anyway. It could have been because I knew about PSO then but I remember that I saw a trailer for it before it came out and was VERY excited about it and bought it as soon as I could. That game and C&C: Tiberian Sun were my two most glorious gaming moments if you exclude Starfox 64 and such and just focus on sheer number of hours playing a game and really loving every aspect of it. TS and PSO are the reason why I had almost no social life in the best years of my life in middle school. God dammit... If I bought that PS2 I probably would have spent much more time socializing and been a Sony fanboy instead of going to XBOX after Dreamcast.

raikomaru40
Mar 27, 2009, 10:27 AM
Don't feel to bad...We all were at the stage in life once. :-P

Thankfully it quickly passes. :-D

No, I was, like, 10, foo........And what stage? Being 7?

Crazyleo
Mar 28, 2009, 07:48 AM
Going from pre-teen to puberty. :rolleyes:

Mestermens
Mar 28, 2009, 09:46 AM
It was a special feeling to play this game for the first time. I just can't seem to get that feelning back now that I am an old skilled Ranger.
Dang... I miss those times when I was a complete beginner and didn't know anything about Special Weapons or drop rates or even what the max level was.

NegaTsukasa
Mar 28, 2009, 10:59 AM
It was a special feeling to play this game for the first time. I just can't seem to get that feelning back now that I am an old skilled Ranger.
Dang... I miss those times when I was a complete beginner and didn't know anything about Special Weapons or drop rates or even what the max level was.

I can sort of relate. :/

Akruta
Mar 28, 2009, 11:05 AM
I remember my first time... It was at my freinds house. We both had new characters and I was doing so bad at melee (Couldn't even combo) he told me to just use A gun. He also yelled at me for letting Rag Rappys escape and getting jumped on by A Hildebear. Good times. I also got lost easily and he always kept closing the map so I couldn't go anywhere. My second and third times I did better. (But not by much) On my second time we palyed Battle mode and I became afraid of Delsabers... Then about 2 years one of my freinds had me over for A birthday party. The 3 of them decided to play PSO and we all made new characters. They made me use A Ranger (I chose A RAcast because the one I played with before never told me how to use techniques and he said to choose it because I would be A bad hunter) We reached the caves and then we all slowly lost and died... So 2 of them decided to use level 50-ish characters and go to the Ruins. I sat and watched. Then last year I bought a Gamecube and the first freind i mentioned let me borrow PSO I hit level 9 and I was invited to A birthday party. Where we ended up playing PSO. I saw Episode 1's final boss and the other 2 that day (I was fighting them but A level 10 HUmar isn't to helpful against falz) While I was there one of them brought up this site because one of them wanted to know how rare Grass Assasins arms where. When I got home i was level 17 and I was given a DB's Saber and A Varista. (I still use that Varista to this day)