PDA

View Full Version : AT & Techs

OldSmokeHouse
Mar 26, 2009, 03:57 PM
Ok, i have an acrotecher for a while now, and have been using primarily melee skills to kill stuff; but i reached the conclusion AT's dps using melee skills is kinda "lol" for my tastes, so i wanted some advice concerning what kind of techs should i grab for it. Destructive techs, not pretty ones.

Since there is a couple of techs around, and i dont want any *Techer class lovers to say all are good, gimme a feedback on the 4 most damaging spells u think are better for an AT.

Thanks in advance >:3

Sexy_Raine
Mar 26, 2009, 04:33 PM
Only techs I recommend are:

Foie
Rafoie
Barta
Rabarta
Zonde
Razonde
Diga
Radiga
Megid
Ramegid.

Due to having decent range, and not getting yourself the center of a group of enemies. These are the only 10 that are worth getting if you plan to use offense techs. You'll have 2 of each element to put on a wand/TSCM if you care for the little element bonus.

Hope this helps.

Hrith
Mar 26, 2009, 04:50 PM
None, melee and guns always do better damage.

Tsavo
Mar 26, 2009, 05:32 PM
Megid
Nosdiga or plain old Diga
Rabarta
maybe Ramegid for golormos or something, I dunno

To be honest if your finding your damage output lacking in melee then you may want to jump ship for a different class. Even Newm AT does more damage with melee than techs so the only ones I keep around are for utility. Best AT can do right now is probably Cast with paradi, S rank attack booster like R/K or LKK, high % daggers and whips, maxed mech gun arts, and 41+ buffs.

Of course thats if you're all about output. As far as I'm concerned play however the hell you want. Just don't scatter all the damn enemies.

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 26, 2009, 05:59 PM
None, melee and guns always do better damage.

Tell that to Mother Brain's arms.

Magus_84
Mar 26, 2009, 06:55 PM
Tell that to Mother Brain's arms.

This. (...we actually agree on something? >_>)

I agree with most of the above posters. Megid/Diga/Foie and your choice of Ra techs. Regrant if you want to lock yourself in place stunlocking things for low damage, and Nosdiga if you want Stun on a tech (much better on a whip, IMO). Dam-series are a bit of a waste.

Zonde and Barta if you're a masochist, but they aren't really worth it. You'll likely be using them against packs of small and medium enemies, which are within Megid's instakill END threshold. Megid does a bit less damage with a chance to inflict a much better SE.

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 26, 2009, 10:34 PM
This. (...we actually agree on something? >_>)

I agree with most of the above posters. Megid/Diga/Foie and your choice of Ra techs. Regrant if you want to lock yourself in place stunlocking things for low damage, and Nosdiga if you want Stun on a tech (much better on a whip, IMO). Dam-series are a bit of a waste.

Zonde and Barta if you're a masochist, but they aren't really worth it. You'll likely be using them against packs of small and medium enemies, which are within Megid's instakill END threshold. Megid does a bit less damage with a chance to inflict a much better SE.

I agree with most of this as well. Typically as an AT the only techs you need are for dealing with robots (Megid); high damage, single target technics (Diga & Foie); situational technics (Regrant, Nosdiga & Noszonde). There is a reason for Ra- techs but with a 3 target max a whip is normally considered superior, especially with the SE from a Vish Adac (Stun 2) and the soon to be released Vish Diragac (Incap. 2).

Hrith
Mar 27, 2009, 12:56 PM
Tell that to Mother Brain's arms.Time yourself fighting high-level Mother Brain as an AT with Lv20 Twin Grav on a decent pair of twin handguns, and then with Lv30 Diga on a decent TCSM: same completion time.

Tried as a female human, and the Diga way was never faster against her, and this really is the only situation where attack techs might have been useful on AT. If human gives this result, cast and beast are right out. Maybe on a newman, and I do have a Lv125/20 newman AT, but I'm really too lazy to test that.

Megid versus robots could work, of course, but it's the SE which works, not the damage.

panzer_unit
Mar 27, 2009, 01:24 PM
Time yourself fighting high-level Mother Brain as an AT with Lv20 Twin Grav on a decent pair of twin handguns, and then with Lv30 Diga on a decent TCSM: same completion time.

Tried as a female human, and the Diga way was never faster against her, and this really is the only situation where attack techs might have been useful on AT. If human gives this result, cast and beast are right out. Maybe on a newman, and I do have a Lv125/20 newman AT, but I'm really too lazy to test that.

Megid versus robots could work, of course, but it's the SE which works, not the damage.

If you're casting techs, wouldn't you use a wand so you can equip a 50% element RCSM for free damage? It's always seemed like the best setup for offensive casting to me.

On a separate topic, I miss dark-element Kubara mags having Incapacitate SE.

Hrith
Mar 27, 2009, 02:53 PM
Using a RCSM on AT is such a huge waste of a weapon slot...

I'd wager a Pushan ground to at least +7 deals more damage than any wand + 50% Graldike, but I have of crouse not tested that, it's stupid to begin with.

panzer_unit
Mar 27, 2009, 03:41 PM
Why is using an RCSM a waste of a weapon slot, if you're attacking with whatever you have in the right hand it does free damage.

Speaking of free damage, Graldike's output is 3 shots for 100% TP (plus a bit from the mag) whenever it fires which is about as much as a single Diga (280%) ... I don't know how often it decides to shoot though, the rate of fire in Portable is probably better. Depending on that, Pushan might need an unreasonable attack speed advantage vs something like Tesbra at a decent grind level.

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 27, 2009, 06:20 PM
Time yourself fighting high-level Mother Brain as an AT with Lv20 Twin Grav on a decent pair of twin handguns, and then with Lv30 Diga on a decent TCSM: same completion time.

bloodflowers has already done this test many, many times and using Diga on the arms and Rising Strike on her head/body will kill her faster than any other possible combination. And for the record, he was using a female CAST AT.

EDIT: I have doen the run myself using a Twin Ruby Bullet 10/10 versus a Pushan 10/10 and the Pushan destroys the Twin Rubies. What's worse is if you have the tallest character possible you can even toss Diga over the wall from the bottom. A good tip is to cast 4-5 Digas at one arm and then switch. If you keep alternating, both arms will go down reasonably fast and you should be able to kill her using Rising Strike before they recover.

As for your arguement about Megid only being effective due to the SE, of course it is due to the SE. If I wanted to deal the most damage possible against robots I would use Nosdiga.

Sexy_Raine
Mar 27, 2009, 10:05 PM
Say when are we getting the insta-kill 12* whip? I'm curious to see how good is compared to megid.

NDW
Mar 28, 2009, 11:44 AM
Say when are we getting the insta-kill 12* whip? I'm curious to see how good is compared to megid.

We'll get the Vish Diragac when we get Shred the Darkness.

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 28, 2009, 07:09 PM

A friend of mine was laughing at this idea as getting trapped between 4+ exploding robots may not be a good thing.