PDA

View Full Version : PT: Bows v. Rifles?

Dymalos
Mar 26, 2009, 06:06 PM
I hate to drag up this old debate, but I don't think it will be so vitriolic as in PSU because a PT gets to use both at S Rank.

Do Bows still bypass enemy DFP as in PSU? For that matter do enemies in PSPo even have a DFP stat? I mean I've noticed pretty regular figures across all kinds of enemies (excepting those that obviously halve certain damage types).

Seeing as how the Erdel equips are M.I.A. in the U.S. version, the stats for the best of each are as follows,

Vapas Shooter
13* Bow
1547 PP
1242 Att
463 Acc

Skull Sorcerer
13* Rifle
1710 PP
1292 Att
379 Acc

Which do you guys prefer? Also which has the best special bullets?

Deragonite
Mar 26, 2009, 06:25 PM
Rifles are hands down better for DPS and functionality, though imo bows look cooler.

dotkaze
Mar 27, 2009, 05:18 AM
Bows seem to shoot A LOT slower than Rifles. I don't believe their range is that far as Rifles, and although that end-game Bow you posted has relatively high ATA, if you're gunning down things, I really don't think you'll be missing as much considering your class |:

OriginalB
Mar 27, 2009, 07:53 AM
I really really hope we're all wrong about Erdel equips and that they're just really really rare on some mission that not many people do

panzer_unit
Mar 27, 2009, 08:45 AM
It's not even a competition. Rifles are vastly better weapons, and the one special skill I kept bows for (Chousei-sou was awesome for poking at bosses online) became a short range one-shot-damage skill. Maybe if you were ridiculously powerful chousei could one-shot small animals, making it a better choice than firing a rifle twice.