PDA

View Full Version : Big XBOX PSO ISSUE

dvs69
Feb 13, 2003, 09:55 PM
http://www.GAMESTOP.COM has it set to be released the 26th of this month while ebgames.com had the guts to push it back to the 11th of march. I called gamestop and the guy told me according to their computer it says scheduled to arrive the 26th. now either gamestop has not been updated or i am missing something. please help! I want to get it as soon as possible. Is there any chance gamestop and ebgames are the same company or am i just hearing wrong.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 13, 2003, 09:57 PM
ebgames and gamestop inc are two different companies. Usually, its gamestop that jumps the gun and issues new shipping dates on a whim. And since my pre-order and paycheck come from them...i'm going by their date.

edit:Interestingly, they've tacked on a little Q&A on the expanded information on gamestop.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-02-13 19:03 ]</font>

dvs69
Feb 13, 2003, 10:05 PM
never mind i confirmed that 3/11 is official date. I called ebgames and asked them if the date was accurate and he said they only get their dates from the official retaliers in this case is microsoft. he said it is most likely gamestop did not update their dates and there isn't a chance in which one store would recieve this game before another store because it is a high demand item. so that clears this topic up. moderators, lock it if you please http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 13, 2003, 10:13 PM
their "official sources" arent always the main companies. How would you explain the dates for Halo 2, Fable, etc? Microsoft has only issued a generic Winter 2003/Holiday 2003 yet most retail stores discovered specific (fake) dates. The only official date that has been issued by Microsoft was a shipping date of February 25th (back when the details of the game were issued..see "Microsoft announces Phantasy Star Online details" on gamespot), then the xbox website has another generic March 2003 date (which could be due to the fact Microsoft themselves have said the game will be in retail stores anywhere 2 to 7 days after the shipping date). Either way, I'm sticking by the gamestop.com date. They've obviously updated the product by providing the cover art and the Q&A and believe the sources spreading the new date wasnt reliable enough to change.

MonoxideChild
Feb 14, 2003, 12:29 AM
Don't believe any date unless it comes straight from Microsoft.

faceless
Feb 14, 2003, 02:48 AM
from previous experience, ebgames is right more often, but they're both wrong sometimes too...

Omikron
Feb 14, 2003, 10:05 AM
On 2003-02-13 21:29, MonoxideChild wrote:
Don't believe any date unless it comes straight from Microsoft.

Well, on www.xbox.com it says "March 2003".

Skuld_0
Feb 14, 2003, 12:52 PM
yea...becouse last november when live came out, pso was supposed to cmer out then... here ion the states..but no its been almost 4 months and still no damn pso

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 14, 2003, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't always trust xbox.com (though I do realize it is the Microsoft run site). Up till about a week prior to its release, the site listed Capcom vs SNK 2 EO's release date as December 2002.

your best bet is to always watch press releases or fan sites that provide some backing (such as quotes from Microsoft themselves).

IronKnight
Feb 14, 2003, 03:16 PM
I just went to preorder it at Gamestop (The Store Front) and they told me the date was Feburary 25th and something about them only receiving a limited amount on that day and a larger shipment on March 4th.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 14, 2003, 03:24 PM
On 2003-02-14 12:16, IronKnight wrote:
I just went to preorder it at Gamestop (The Store Front) and they told me the date was Feburary 25th and something about them only receiving a limited amount on that day and a larger shipment on March 4th.

Thats some really interesting information IronKnight. Maybe the reason the EB date keeps changing is they "out sell" the predicted number of items in said shipment. So constantly pushing it back means you'll have less people complaining when their copy isnt on their doorstop on the projected release date.

edit: And trust me folks, people do complain when their pre-orders arent available the second the game arrives at stores.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TerribleDeliMeat on 2003-02-14 12:30 ]</font>

IronKnight
Feb 14, 2003, 11:27 PM
Yeah makes sense. I did get the reserve for Feb 25th so I'm all set... I suggest anyone that hasn't done so already to go out a reserve it. Anyone know if an Xbox PSO Strategy Guide will be out at launch? I just like the pics and the beastiary; Makes good toilet reading material.

Lord_Data
Feb 15, 2003, 05:13 PM
eb tends to be wrong...never once has my gamestop released something later than the date i have gotten unless the game gets pushed back in advance...its getting close enough to where its a definitive release date...lets compare the info you get from stores so this doesn't sound like slander...

eb: sorry sir the gamecube broadband adapters are discontinued(i just got one from best buy like 3 days ago...so this is obviously a programed response that they should replace with "i don't know sir"

gamestop: well you can order them off the nintendo website but we haven't gotten a shipment of them in for quite a while now(obviously truth)

eb: Phantasy Star Online was discontinued along with the broadband adapter to be released at a later date together(sure its kind of true gc is supposed to be packaging them together at some point...or so i have heard...but it still ships regularly to best buy...)

gamestop: they just got a copy of it in their store...i am guessing they know what they are talking about...

so moral of the story eb sucks and gamestop rocks:)

now for the fine print: my opinion may be a bit one-sided due to the fact i know a lot of friends that work at gamestop and in a couple weeks i will have a job at one of their new stores...anyways its all true so i would go to gamestop and get it from them

kagero
Feb 15, 2003, 07:12 PM
gee thats kinda funny, cuz when i went looking for the modem for the Gamecube, I called Several gamestops and all I got was "they havent been released yet", "whats that, a what? a Modem for the Gamecube?", or again "their not producing them anymore"....sounds like gamestop isnt playing with a full deck either. finally picked one up at best buy (this was at christmas time mind you)I wouldnt go by gamestores as far as release dates go. No one is for sure correct about when a title gets released. Most of it is a guess. All you can do is preorder one from where ever you wish and hope like hell someone is right!