PDA

View Full Version : This is going to hurt...

W0LB0T
Mar 27, 2009, 02:19 AM
My parents PVR has for some reason died. It refuses to pick up any channels, even if i run the auto scan, and yes I am picking up a signal from the antenna. Oh well, no biggie. We still have a DVD Recorder and VCR hooked up and working...

BUT! When my parents come back from holidays and find out some of their billions of TV shows they recorded haven't worked. people will die. You should hear them argue just setting the bloody thing, I'm suprised the police don't show up. I know if i lived next door and heard that I'd be on the phone to the cops.

Just for scope. My parents would chose TV over Oxygen.

So what am i going to do. Get the fuck out of town, thats what. I'm don't wanna be home and listen to my Mothers RAGEnado and my dads RAGEannoying questions. Its like arguing with a tornado, It just dosen't listen and just keeps rampaging. Just like the time the Scanner wasn't working as fast as it usualy does, My mum was just sitting there RAGING!!! at everything, and my dad was YELLING!!! annoying questions at me (It dosen't work this slow, Did you use it, Why did you use it, Why is it broken, Can you fix it, Why are you not listening, Why did you use that program...Etc)

So if you don't hear from me after tuesday. Good day!

SabZero
Mar 27, 2009, 05:40 AM
*send over cousin*

SpikeOtacon
Mar 27, 2009, 11:51 AM
Come pay a visit to us in the states! We could surely use some W0ltastic around these parts.

But honestly, technology just goes bad sometimes. There should be a way to explain to them that the innards aren't made of diamond and holy spirit and that it just plum doesn't work anymore. From a safe distance, of course.

Inazuma
Mar 27, 2009, 05:56 PM
your parents will be upset b/c they missed their shows? are you aware of something called the internet? its pretty handy. you can download tv shows from it, in 1080p quality, and they even have all the commercials edited out. its a lot better than using dvrs or vcrs.

W0LB0T
Mar 27, 2009, 06:33 PM
your parents will be upset b/c they missed their shows? are you aware of something called the internet? its pretty handy. you can download tv shows from it, in 1080p quality, and they even have all the commercials edited out. its a lot better than using dvrs or vcrs.
Try explaning that to a RAGE!!!nado. Yes there is always a contengiency plan, but as soon as they get a wiff of the death of the beloved PVR, only death and destruction will follow.

But honestly, technology just goes bad sometimes. There should be a way to explain to them that the innards aren't made of diamond and holy spirit and that it just plum doesn't work anymore. From a safe distance, of course.
I for one know this fact very well. I studied Class 3 soldering at Tech college. You gotta remember that there is 3 classes of soldering:

Class 1: Consumer electronics. It only has to work when it leaves the factory, if it is going to fail during operation, sell it anyway.

Class 2: If they fail, People will lose money/Get fired

Class 3: Airplanes, Military, Spaceships. If they fail Peope will die!

(unfortunatly in my case a Class 1 product will lead to death)

SabZero
Mar 28, 2009, 05:12 AM
Yeah, I was going to post about downloading it, but I recalled your horrendous bandwidth limit. Might aswell just buy the DVD box set!

Rasputin
Mar 31, 2009, 01:13 AM
I suggest you get a RAGE / resist ++

Nitro Vordex
Mar 31, 2009, 02:36 AM
I suggest you get a RAGE / resist ++
They drop in Rush Concert on Ulty.

It drops from a Hooksinker, droprate is 1/fuck off.

W0LB0T
Mar 31, 2009, 02:48 AM
There is no way I'll get up to Rush Concert on Ultimate in time. I'm only up to Spamada Badlands on very hard.

But anyway. My Parents are now home, and they took the news pretty well...for now. They may just be in delayed shock. Once they realise they are stuck with only 2 recording devices, then shit will pick up

Kylie
Mar 31, 2009, 01:09 PM
Wow. I think your parents might need anger management. :lol:

Seems like they're doing OK though, so we are all grateful for the sparing of your life.

Vanzazikon
Mar 31, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hide in the basement. The storm is at it's strongest after the calm.