PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Vending Machine

NPCMook
Mar 27, 2009, 04:44 AM
Awesome (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29898845#29897838)

I would totally invest in one of these if I had the money

W0LB0T
Mar 27, 2009, 05:20 AM
What ever is in that link don't work for me.

But Pizza Vending machine! I would totaly buy from one! I'd love to have one at work. Gotta pester the social club for one...thats if they exist yet.

SabZero
Mar 27, 2009, 05:39 AM
It's a robot that rolls out dough, puts toppings and cooks it. It's a neat idea, until you remember that bugs like to live inside these things.

NPCMook
Mar 27, 2009, 05:44 AM
http://wonderpizzausa.com/

Pizza in about 2 minutes for about 7 dollars, cheap fast pizza...

AC9breaker
Mar 27, 2009, 06:36 AM
I feel sorry for people who don't live in the North east US. The poor saps have never had good pizza that now they're hoping machines can deliver the demand.

SabZero
Mar 27, 2009, 09:52 AM
Well, that's not real pizza dough - the real deal has yeast and needs to rise before you use it. Tastes much better.

astuarlen
Mar 27, 2009, 12:47 PM
Well, it probably tastes better than those pizza Lunchables I had as a kid, which is about the lowest compliment you can give this side of sea level.

I feel sorry for people who don't live in the North east US. The poor saps have never had good pizza that now they're hoping machines can deliver the demand.

I think you meant to lament the emptiness of a life without Chicago style pizza.

Leviathan
Mar 27, 2009, 03:13 PM
^Oh snap.

Sounds like a good idea, but I something about vending machines and pizza rubs me a wrong way.

MetaZedlen
Mar 27, 2009, 03:16 PM
That's a pretty funny idea, I wouldn't mind having one of those things :D

Kent
Mar 27, 2009, 04:08 PM
I think you meant to lament the emptiness of a life without Chicago style pizza.
I feel sorry for people who don't live in the midwest US. The poor saps have never had good pizza, and now they're hoping machines can deliver the demand.

Outrider
Mar 27, 2009, 04:39 PM
I feel sorry for people who don't live in the midwest US. The poor saps have never had good pizza, and now they're hoping machines can deliver the demand.

Don't people in the Midwest eat it with ranch dressing on it?

Or is that some other part of the country?

Solstis
Mar 27, 2009, 04:57 PM
I feel sorry for the saps that prefer food from the Midwest over food from the Northeast (I.E., New York City).

Friday's, of all the generic restaurants in the world, is AMAZING in NYC.

Oh, and I barely tolerate vending machine coffee. Vending machine pizza... eh. Nice concept, though.

Nai_Calus
Mar 27, 2009, 05:35 PM
I feel sorry for the saps that eat anything other than the little individual goat cheese pizzas Trader Joe's sells.

For srs, anything else is just pure bland grease to me.

Inazuma
Mar 27, 2009, 06:21 PM
damn. i wanted to watch the video but there was a front loaded commercial so i was forced to quickly close the tab. it does sound pretty cool though.

astuarlen
Mar 27, 2009, 06:24 PM
Aww yeah, a friendly round of pizza one-upmanship.

Don't people in the Midwest eat it with ranch dressing on it?

Or is that some other part of the country?

I feel sorry for the saps that prefer food from the Midwest over food from the Northeast (I.E., New York City).

Friday's, of all the generic restaurants in the world, is AMAZING in NYC.

Oh, and I barely tolerate vending machine coffee. Vending machine pizza... eh. Nice concept, though.

I have never heard of such an abomination (ranch sauce on pizza), but I guess it could be true. "The Midwest" is a pretty big area, and there are certainly a lot of differences between, say, Ottumwa, Iowa and the Chicago metro area. (Yeah I know, thanks, obvious woman!)
In fact, I am hereby kicking Minnesota out of The Midwest for being the stereotypical hotdish hotspot. Casserole? Casser-oh-god-no.

I'm sorry, Solstis, but I feel sorry for the saps that eat at Friday's. [Interlude for monocle adjustment, dissing the prols, and fancy dress party] That is never acceptable. (Ruby Tuesday's is also a no-go, and I bet a slop shop called Thursday's would be little better.) TBH, I'm not really a fan of most "American cuisine", and I'm less a fan of such restaurants because I find them way too expensive for what you get (a lot of boring crap and tacky decor). [2nd course of interlude, consisting of exaggerated eye-rolling at plebs, turning up of the delicate, finely pointed nose, and harranguing the servants]

I feel sorry for the saps that eat anything other than the little individual goat cheese pizzas Trader Joe's sells.

For srs, anything else is just pure bland grease to me.

I like the idea of Trader Joe's, but everything I've ever tried from there has been snoring.
[Final, after-thread dessert course: jell-o jigglers]

But, seriously, folks, how could you refuse this:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/330308796_926f925fd3.jpg

I suppose it would be most productive to acknowledge that every pizza is special and should have a special place in one's tummy.

Outrider
Mar 27, 2009, 08:01 PM
I mean, don't get me wrong, I like Chicago-style pizza.

But it doesn't compare to a good slice of New York-style.

(The ironic thing is that I'm about to go to Uno's for dinner. So that's both a kitschy chain restaurant and a place that sells Chicago-style pizza. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT, ASTUARLEN?)

Dragwind
Mar 27, 2009, 09:03 PM
We've had a similar machine up here in the Northeast for a while. I don't think it actually made the pizza from scratch though, but it sure took a very long time to vend.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 27, 2009, 10:01 PM
I feel sorry for people who live in Japan, the poor saps never have good pizza. They eat pizza with shrimp, corn, and mayo. Yes, mayonnaise, they put mayonnaise on pizza. ._.

Syl
Mar 27, 2009, 10:43 PM
Yes, mayonnaise, they put mayonnaise on pizza. ._.

Talk about low blow. That's just what I needed, something else ruined by mayo ;l

Outrider
Mar 27, 2009, 11:04 PM
I never had it while I was up there, but apparently in Binghamton there are places that put american cheese on their pizza.

That's just... horrid.

W0LB0T
Mar 27, 2009, 11:37 PM
Dominos make a pizza with mayo on it, the Double bacon cheeseburger. its ok...

Kent
Mar 28, 2009, 12:22 AM
Ranch dressing on pizza? What's wrong with those people?

That's not the midwest, by the way. *gag*

I feel sorry for people who live in Japan, the poor saps never have good pizza. They eat pizza with shrimp, corn, and mayo. Yes, mayonnaise, they put mayonnaise on pizza. ._.
I remember reading a while back, that the most popular pizza topping in Japan was similar to egg salad.

Genoa
Mar 28, 2009, 01:14 AM
Cheap and fast, sounds good to me :)

And I totally could go with some ranch on my pizza :o

NPCMook
Mar 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
Personally I prefer my moms home cooked Pizza, but the only thing that beats that is a slice of New York Style pizza. Its not a pizza slice unless I have to fold it.

KaneKahn
Mar 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
If you kiddies were older you'd know they used to dispense almost everything you could want from Cotton Balls to Pizza in Vending Machines of old.

Firocket1690
Mar 28, 2009, 09:34 AM
I feel sorry for people who don't live in the North east US. The poor saps think a New Yorker would wait around for three minutes for pizza to be cooked.

Eh. NYC has everything. It's the definition of New York style pizza, Little Italy for (what I assume to be) authentic Italian, AND two Uno's (lol, two Uno's) in the vicinity for those Chicago style fans. Eat it.

NPCMook
Mar 28, 2009, 06:38 PM
The only way to get authentic Italian Pizza is to use Goat Cheese

jShazBot
Mar 28, 2009, 08:42 PM
I would want one in my room...

Nitro Vordex
Mar 30, 2009, 02:32 AM
Ranch sauce on pizza isn't anything new, people. It's been around for a LONG time.

HOWEVER, CERTAIN RANCH SAUCES ON PIZZA WILL MAKE YOU PUKE.

I don't know which ones myself, but if the ranch is thick, DON'T USE IT ON PIZZA. Some ranch sauces are absolutely disgusting. Be careful when you're experimenting guys. ;o

ThePainMaker
Mar 31, 2009, 09:00 AM
Oh snap now all my dreams have come true now only if it despenced brooklyn style brick oven baked pizza.
Trust me very hard to find when your in memphis

Kylie
Mar 31, 2009, 01:04 PM
I see nothing odd about this. They already have vending machines with ice cream and sandwiches, so it's about time.

SuperChoco
Mar 31, 2009, 08:43 PM
I think I might have already gotten a pizza from one of these from an airport...
I don't remember which one though.