PDA

View Full Version : PSO getting old?!?!?!

polishedweasel
Feb 14, 2003, 12:17 AM
um I was like a serious hardcore fan of PSO for about three months straight. I spent every hour of every day playing it. But now it seems like PSO just doesn't have that special something anymore. I don't know why I feel like this, maybe I'm just PSO'd out, butI think I'm gonna put it down for a month or two then get back into it. Maybe then I'll get some sort of stimulation.

Celes152
Feb 14, 2003, 12:18 AM
*Proud addict since DC Version 1*

SsjCrono
Feb 14, 2003, 12:24 AM
On 2003-02-13 21:18, Celes152 wrote:
*Proud addict since DC Version 1*

also a proud addict since Dc version... got it the week it came out

dropslash
Feb 14, 2003, 12:32 AM
i was a hardcore DC v1 fan, played my RAcaseal to lv 100, and a few more to high levels, all offline. i fell out of it for a while, right after v2, but i never lost the love. i'm so glad that i picked it up again on the GC, i've almost got my 1st new character to lv100 offline again, and am looking forward to actually getting online for the first time.

i guess taking a break was a good thing, i'm a lot more into it now than i've ever been, and i'm loving it.

Grifta
Feb 14, 2003, 12:43 AM
I definatly think that now with the GC split screen, where us plebs how can't afford the online can play with some friends, the goodness factor has gone up. The " . " means that it's ok to breathe now

CajunSamurai
Feb 14, 2003, 12:58 AM
Got it the day it came out in the US for Dreamcast, got Version 2 on the day it came out in the US for Dreamcast, and got the GCN version for my birthday a few days after its release... and I'm still hooked. o_O
Things that've keep me hooked:

-Making several characters. With a choice between 3-4 or more characters, it'll take forever for me to get bored. *points down at sig* My FOmar is "retired" now at Lv131 since it's so damn boring to level him now, so I'm working now on my other 3 main characters, primarily my FOnewearl and HUcaseal at the moment (with a bit of leveling with my RAmarl). If I get bored of them? I have another memory card with two "back up" characters, a FOnewm and RAcast, and one or two C-mode characters, which brings me to...

-Playing Challenge mode. This is, as I've said before, the most fun I've ever had and probably ever will have on PSO, and arguably is PSO in its purest form. Forget about the lame-o S-ranks and bugs this time around... make a Lv1 guy or gal, and have a blast.

-Finding troves of rares with each of my character ID's. I've made sure to have different section ID's for every one of my characters so that I can find as many rares as humanly possible, without trading (and thus risking getting a dupe) or begging friends. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It's gone great so far, with me finding such items as Angel Harp, Demolition Comet, Elysion, S-Assassin Blades and Summit Moon, to name a few... and I plan on getting all my guys up to Ultimate so I can find as many as I possibly can.

And I'm constantly finding other little reasons to play, which is why, after two years, I'm still hooked. Of course, I need a break every now and then... I believe I was even without PSO for almost a year after my DC died last year around this time.
No one can play any one game FOREVER, of course... but I think PSO is doing a pretty damn good job of holding my attention. o_O

pixelate
Feb 14, 2003, 01:03 AM
Yep, taking a break does a PSO addict good. I had the game a couple months after it was release, stuck with it until summer, imported JP Ver.2, played that out, then took a long break while waiting for GC PSO. Now that GC PSO is out, I'm back on my old Ver.1 routine. But this time around, I'm not hitting the game so hard. Unlike with Ver.1, I'm taking my time, making sure not to burn out so fast.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Feb 14, 2003, 01:06 AM
I'm out of hunter s-ranks to earn, so burnout for me :3
I guess I'll start playing again satu.rday

Vantamiath
Feb 14, 2003, 01:08 AM
The fuel to my fire will never burn out on PSO. To be honest, the game has changed my life from the first day I bought it. I will never forget the first time I realized the HUmar I made had a ponytail (Didnt know could rotate, so the pony tail hairstyle just looked like messy hair), and it took me damn near level 10 before I even noticed what to do with my mag.

The first time I went online with PSO was the day I became a true hardcore gamer. I never really played PC games, so online interaction wasnt even known to me. I will never forget the first time I talked WORD SELECT with a japanese player.

And now, my fire for PSO is burning even higher, as Ive come to realize things I never would have otherwise enjoyed. (Being a Battle freak for instance) Also I think PSO has a very bright future on my shiny black gamecube, so im definatly gonna stick with it say oh...another 4 years. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DemiDeviMatt
Feb 14, 2003, 01:33 AM
the 4 player split is kool, but ive got a lvl 84 fomar offline...and the game is just boring now...i hvnt played for a month. the sad part was...i got a BBA, then i got bored of them game...maybe ill start playing again and go back online.

IronKnight
Feb 14, 2003, 01:33 AM
YA PSO gets old and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. We all grow weary of PSO once in awhile. Just cancel ur HL for a month... Experience all the other good games avaliable. Once you are done I'm sure we'll be around! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Oh ya and Snapple is a mega cat dork... don't listen to him.

dropslash
Feb 14, 2003, 02:42 AM
another thing that keeps it fresh, and i realize it's been around for a while, are sites like this. when i play now i feel like i have more of a reason, or a purpose (though that may be a bit strong a word http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif) for all that running around. i now keep a detailed count of all the rares items i come across, all the rare enemies i encounter and other bits of note that people may find interesting. being able to contribute that information to help other players is a big thing to me, it increases the quality of my play, adds that little something extra, especially since i don't play online.

just from reading some of the posts here and chatting, there's people i'd love to play with when i do get online. the sense of community makes me want to play more. i suppose maybe i feel that way because i've never played online, but knowing there's other, similar, dedicated players to meet both here, and ingame, make the draw that much stronger.

pixelate
Feb 14, 2003, 03:01 AM
On 2003-02-13 23:42, dropslash wrote:
just from reading some of the posts here and chatting, there's people i'd love to play with when i do get online. the sense of community makes me want to play more. i suppose maybe i feel that way because i've never played online, but knowing there's other, similar, dedicated players to meet both here, and ingame, make the draw that much stronger.

Yea, on the DC versions when I did have a keyboard, I had an awesome time meeting people. I wish I had a GC keyboard so I could get to know some people a little better. Message boards are fun and all, but the ability to go online, have fun, and talk face-to-face can't make up for it.

CajunSamurai
Feb 14, 2003, 03:58 AM
On 2003-02-14 00:01, pixelate wrote:

On 2003-02-13 23:42, dropslash wrote:

Yea, on the DC versions when I did have a keyboard, I had an awesome time meeting people. I wish I had a GC keyboard so I could get to know some people a little better. Message boards are fun and all, but the ability to go online, have fun, and talk face-to-face can't make up for it.

Hell yeah. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I actually broke down the other day and bought a keyboard off eBay for $100 (I SWORE to myself that I wouldn't pay more than that for one)... I now cannot WAIT for it to arrive 'cause I always had such a good time having long conversations of various sorts on PSO. Always met the most interesting people...
Which, of course, is yet another reason why I'm hooked to this game: the community.

Sunaj
Feb 14, 2003, 04:35 AM
On 2003-02-14 00:58, CajunSamurai wrote:
Always met the most interesting people...
Which, of course, is yet another reason why I'm hooked to this game: the community.

Hell yes. Sole reason I still go online daily. I've had the most...interesting conversations and adventures online. Trading is more or less non existant if you werent a huge duper/trader before duping got banned. The leveling thing is only interesting if you have a big goal in mind, and the discipline to attain it. Battle...dont seem full enough for me, and sorta goes against the idea of PSO, i think. Oh, i do love challenge. Though some of the drive there is gone, cuase of the bugs low selection and overall weakness of the Sranks now...

but yes, chatting is good! Or make good stories if nothing else. I met a couple named Tissue and Vaseline once.

Vitamin_D
Feb 14, 2003, 11:49 AM
Well EVERYONE experiences "burnout" on PSO. I remember being burnt out on V1 for like a month, and then going through withdrawl a little after XD. You'll be back...they always comeback...

Defend
Feb 15, 2003, 01:46 AM
DC v2 is where I pulled the plug... the only thing I miss was BA mode with friends, the other modes were getting old, finally. Though the battling wouldn't have worked if we hadn't been legits.. Rules 1 and 5 would never die.

Everything else could fade, but damn I miss those battles.

And HC hehe.

mystic_knight
Feb 15, 2003, 01:34 PM
I'm taking a break from my HUmar now that he is 125, but my RAmar still gets a little action. I say little because most of my current playtime is on .hack//infection, then I'm gonna get Breath of Fire V, then Xenosaga, then Zelda, and maybe Guilty Gear X2 if I can ever find it.

polishedweasel
Feb 15, 2003, 11:33 PM
Well guys I'm not so burned out anymore. I just needed a challenge. So I decided to start Ultimate Ep. 2. I never played ep 2 before. (It's very sad isn't it? BTW all my chars are in Ultimate too) But I'm not so bored anymore. just a new experience. That's all. Well thatnks for the replies.

Blenjar
Feb 16, 2003, 01:34 PM
Hack will be the bomb, pso'll suck.

Javienn
Feb 16, 2003, 02:27 PM
Stupid question:

Can PSO DC v1 still be played free online?

Sedyne
Feb 16, 2003, 03:09 PM
PSO has it's boring stages, it's OMG I MUST HAVE IT stages, and it's I still love this game stages, it just depends on your life pretty much.

lately i've gotten pretty sick of PSO most of my buddies arnt online much, and when they are i'm usually out because my real social life conflicts. but i still play alot esp, when i have nothing else to do and i just join the fellow psow on our antares 8 block. and f around playing. but i think there's allways gonna be a part of me that "must" have and or own the latest version of pso, that is unless i can find a better more addicting Action MMORPG. =).

jonny-5
Feb 16, 2003, 05:24 PM
On 2003-02-16 12:09, SeanX930 wrote:
PSO has it's boring stages, it's OMG I MUST HAVE IT stages, and it's I still love this game stages, it just depends on your life pretty much.

lately i've gotten pretty sick of PSO most of my buddies arnt online much, and when they are i'm usually out because my real social life conflicts. but i still play alot esp, when i have nothing else to do and i just join the fellow psow on our antares 8 block. and f around playing. but i think there's allways gonna be a part of me that "must" have and or own the latest version of pso, that is unless i can find a better more addicting Action MMORPG. =).

I agree... Every time I seem to quit I end up coming back for more in weeks/months... Over the several thousand hours I have logged in for PSO since v1, I continue to play and not be in the least tired of it. I am sure once I go through another burnout of GC PSO i will either get the Xbox version or whatever is coming fater that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PalRappy03
Feb 16, 2003, 09:32 PM
Getting Old! GETTING OLD!!! Are you crazy?? This is the best game ive played in years!