PDA

View Full Version : Deleting away messages and sending blank emails!

Barubary6
Feb 14, 2003, 12:18 AM
A friend of mine told me about a bug in the game that has been carried over to the Gamecube and Xbox versions of the game. You can send blank emails. This is useless, but you can also use it to delete your away message, which is normally impossible ^-^

Go to your away message entry screen, where you type your away message. Delete everything you see, but don't exit the screen. Normally, it will not let you choose OK, but with a little trick, it will. Type any letter or symbol. It doesn't matter which one - just make it so that your entire message has 1 letter in it.

If you are a keyboard user, press Enter and Backspace at exactly the same time.

If you don't have a keyboard, highlight OK on the Soft Keyboard. Press A and B at exactly the same time.

If you did it correctly, it will ask for confirmation with a blank input. This trick works for these things:

- Away message (lets you delete it!!!)
- Email (sends blank emails)
- Symbol chat names (changes to "No Name")
- Shortcuts (though using a blank shortcut does nothing)

It probably also works on the S-rank naming screen too, but I have no way to test that, nor would anyone want to ^-^

-- Barubary

Celes152
Feb 14, 2003, 12:20 AM
I've been doing this since V2. Bugged the crap out of people figuring out how to do it. Glad to see it still works..