PDA

View Full Version : Hell Vulcans

bradc88
Mar 28, 2009, 09:42 PM
can anyone please sell me some hell vulcs on BB :\ please 2pds?

Syanaide
Mar 29, 2009, 01:37 AM
Post on their trade forum..

beatrixkiddo
Mar 29, 2009, 01:45 AM
Just so you know, Hell is reduced on mechguns, so each hit will have less chance of inflicting OHKO than it should.

Genoa
Mar 29, 2009, 02:02 AM
Only S-rank weapons have assured non-reduced Specials.
So Hell on mech kinda blows :/

bradc88
Mar 29, 2009, 10:11 AM
o.O well i actually got some right after i posted this so sorry for bothering you guys O.o but the special works fine for me....im level 20 and i cleared the whole forest on hard mode in about 20 minutes useing only the hell special....so i mean it cant be that reduced can it? and i personally dont think it blows, plus if i do a three hit heavy combo i hit almost twice what i hit with a wals-mk2 oh yea and if hell vulcans blow then what weapon would you reccomend i get the hell special with? i really like it because on hard episode 4 it takes a long time for me to kill everything so instead i can just 1 hit it.......and leave S-ranks out of the choices :P those are like ALOT of pd's and this is my only character (i just started BB) so i dont have an ass load of pd's

Magus_84
Mar 29, 2009, 10:46 AM
You're in Hard, so enemies have low enough EDK that the reduced chance actually works. References to reduced specials being bad are based on Ultimate.

The mode where you'll spend about 90% of your character's life.

And mechs do good damage regardless of their special, if you have the base ATP to back them up.

bradc88
Mar 29, 2009, 12:12 PM
i have 80 pow on my rati and at the moment i am working on 80 dex, but what is the best for hell special?

beatrixkiddo
Mar 29, 2009, 01:32 PM
The best weapon for Hell would be a single-target weapon so it's not reduced. Such as a Rifle or Handgun.

bradc88
Mar 29, 2009, 02:20 PM
do they even have hell rifles/handguns? o.O

beatrixkiddo
Mar 29, 2009, 02:45 PM
They sure do...

And if you like Episode 4, you might want to look for a single-target melee weapon with hell as well, because you can't shoot the lizards with guns (from the front, anyway).

bradc88
Mar 29, 2009, 02:52 PM
well what would the hell weapon be called if it was rifle or handgun? and which melee hell weapon should i get?

Magus_84
Mar 29, 2009, 03:02 PM
"Hell Rifle", or more likely..."Hell Laser". You find ???? versions of the weapons, and tek them. Some may have the Hell special.

As for melee, I'd suggest you get a pair of S-Beat's Blades. They are daggers, usable by Hunters and Rangers, that have an unreduced Hell special. To get them, hunt Sinow Beats for their arms, then have Dr. Montague turn them into S-Beat's Blades.

Genoa
Mar 30, 2009, 05:56 PM
S-beat blades do well for a long time (until Ultimate, then it's much more difficult)
But S-beat blades have unreduced hell.

To show clearly how all specials work, this is quite an insightful page:
http://www.freewebs.com/azurepso/psostatistics.htm

bradc88
Mar 30, 2009, 08:51 PM
well right now my hell vulcans alongside with a shadow glaive +8 and an arrest laser +1 are easily mowing through hard episode 4, paralyze enemies and pick them off with hells, BUT i was thinknig about dumping the hells when i get enough pds and getting say arrest laser, and getitng some yas9k's i like their power,and their rifle range is very good so i was wondering, wise decision?

P.S Special K you should know if it is a wise decision or not :P i mean you are in the screenshots of the yas9k on the drop charts

psofan219
Mar 30, 2009, 10:42 PM
Hell Laser would be your best bet. It trumps the Raygun in both power and accuracy. Slap some hit on it... well, surely you can imagine the rest. By the way, if it's at all possible to determine, as I'm curious, what LV Megid does an Unreduced Hell weapon equal?

Genoa
Mar 30, 2009, 11:18 PM
Yasi 9000M (assuming what you meant) are quite good. Despite no special, their power combined with Rifle Range is very useful. Especially on Falz' final form since you can hit him from any range.
A worthy investment in my opinion.

The megid formula:
Lv.1-15: [3 x (TLv - 1)] + 27
Lv.16-30: [2 x (TLv - 1)] + 42
TBP - EDK = Success (%)

However the formulas for OHKO specials on weapons are a lot more complicated, and I cannot just copy/paste all that xD but in the link in my above reply shows it.

Also, since you're ranger, finding a Hell Laser would be a higher priority and all... but a Hell Raygun is still great mostly because Hunters and Forces can make use of it as well (more Hunters than Forces, since Forces have Megid).

bradc88
Mar 31, 2009, 06:45 PM
i finally got a hell laser only 30% hit though some guy cleaned out my rares bought practically all of this managed to get him for 2pds for the sbeats 1 pd duradel 1 pd wals and 1 pd for something else i forget but got me 6pds and i bought laser for 2 and ill just buy sbeats for 1pd and get yas9m when i get 3 more pds

Mestermens
Apr 1, 2009, 02:35 PM
I got a Hell Vulcan and I gotta say, I have never gotten a one hit kill with it O_o

Vanzazikon
Apr 1, 2009, 02:50 PM
I have a Hell Laser 45% hits in GC. =D It's super awesome. 8)