PDA

View Full Version : Neutral weapons

EK Dynomite
Mar 30, 2009, 07:38 AM
Right now I am a fighmaster with all neutral weapons. Reason is that I do alot of different missions. Some of my friends say its sucks. But it has the same attack power! Should I stick with neutral?

Magician
Mar 30, 2009, 07:57 AM
To gimp or not gimp yourself, that's the question.

Neutrals are veratile in that you do the minimum damage no matter what element the enemy is, however you'll never do additional or maximum damage.

Using an element opposite to the enemy, even if it's only 10% element, gives you a sizeable damage increase. Speeding up the rate you kill enemies, lessening the time it takes to run a mission, thus increasing the meseta you earn for the time you spend playing.

So while using neutrals isn't a terrible thing, you'd do well to use opposite element weapons.

The_Brimada
Mar 30, 2009, 07:58 AM
You should try getting elementals. It will make your life a lot easier.

Zahir
Mar 30, 2009, 08:40 AM
WHat really needs to be taken into account is if you have the money to invest on such items... or if you have you the board and materials to make.... and at that, do you have a Pm that CAN make it with no prob.

Elyruin
Mar 30, 2009, 10:07 AM
Right now I am a fighmaster with all neutral weapons. Reason is that I do alot of different missions. Some of my friends say its sucks. But it has the same attack power! Should I stick with neutral?

Neutral Weapons are good for that purpose but even though it may cost more money you should try to get elementals for each mission. It will make it a lot easier and quicker to complete missions. And if you have a good bot you could have a chance at a 40-50% element and make some good meseta!

Ruru
Mar 30, 2009, 12:26 PM
having higher % gear lets you live longer and kill faster (killing faster also helps you live longer) investing in high % element weapons and armor can save money in the long run. using less scapes/mates finishing runs faster to do more runs total in the amount of time you have to play.

this is all of course if you care about efficiency. if you feel you're more casual and dont like rushing things then stick with your green weapons. its all choice in the end.

Calsetes
Mar 30, 2009, 03:18 PM
I say......

Grab one weapon of each element. You don't need 6 spears of all elements, 6 axes of all elements, and 6 swords of all elements - grab 2 spears, 2 axes, and 2 swords (if they're the weapons you use). Or grab 3 spears, an axe, a sword, and a doublesaber. Or whatever combination you want, but make sure you have one of every element - that's my basic strategy. Yeah, you won't always have on you a spear for any mission, or an axe for every mission, or what have you, but you'll have SOMETHING that will work really well against whatever you're fighting (well, almost..... there are some melee-resistant mobs and such).

Anyway, that's my recommendation. When I played Fighmaster a tiny bit, I always had 2 spears, an axe, and varied the last three between 2 swords and a double or two doubles and a sword, depending on how the mood struck me. Neutrals are alright, but mainly for the points as listed earlier it would be a bit more beneficial to get something element-related. If you like the green look as opposed to the looks of elements, and really really want to use neutrals, then go right ahead - play how you want.

Zarode
Mar 30, 2009, 03:25 PM
This is the worst idea.

If you just want to have an elemental SET, then get one element, and its opposing element. Ain't that hard, and you don't have to spend a lot to get it.

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 30, 2009, 04:01 PM
I say......

Grab one weapon of each element. You don't need 6 spears of all elements, 6 axes of all elements, and 6 swords of all elements - grab 2 spears, 2 axes, and 2 swords (if they're the weapons you use). Or grab 3 spears, an axe, a sword, and a doublesaber. Or whatever combination you want, but make sure you have one of every element - that's my basic strategy. Yeah, you won't always have on you a spear for any mission, or an axe for every mission, or what have you, but you'll have SOMETHING that will work really well against whatever you're fighting (well, almost..... there are some melee-resistant mobs and such).

Anyway, that's my recommendation. When I played Fighmaster a tiny bit, I always had 2 spears, an axe, and varied the last three between 2 swords and a double or two doubles and a sword, depending on how the mood struck me. Neutrals are alright, but mainly for the points as listed earlier it would be a bit more beneficial to get something element-related. If you like the green look as opposed to the looks of elements, and really really want to use neutrals, then go right ahead - play how you want.

^ Ignore this advice. ^

Even a <20% set of weapons is better than not using the correct element on enemies. That being said the most popular elements are Light, Dark and Ground. Fire, Ice and Lightning are less common overall and should be given less priority unless you plan to spam Awoken Serpent or Bladed Legacy for example.

The best advice is to begin with lower % weapons or to synth your own initially. In this manner you can always upgrade your weaker areas as you acquire more meseta or items for trade.

Gibdozer
Mar 30, 2009, 05:36 PM
"Go ahead play how you want", yeah thats the worst advice ever. Play just like Glyph instead!

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 30, 2009, 05:55 PM
"Go ahead play how you want", yeah thats the worst advice ever. Play just like Glyph instead!

I can provide statistical proof that using the correct element will increase your damage by 10% up to ~37.5%. What have you got to support your advice? Oh wait, you didn't add anything positive to this discussion. Come back when you have something valid to offer.

kejen
Mar 30, 2009, 06:03 PM
I'm an annoying troll!

ShonagarACE
Mar 30, 2009, 06:11 PM
I can provide statistical proof that using the correct element will increase your damage by 10% up to ~37.5%. What have you got to support your advice? Oh wait, you didn't add anything positive to this discussion. Come back when you have something valid to offer.

So what man? This doesn't mean that you're a retard if you don't use the absolute optimal equipment in every single situation. You're the one turning discussions into stupid fights. The useful advice here is to play the game how you like to play it, and stop projecting your issues on other people.

Zahir
Mar 30, 2009, 07:09 PM
So what man? This doesn't mean that you're a retard if you don't use the absolute optimal equipment in every single situation. You're the one turning discussions into stupid fights. The useful advice here is to play the game how you like to play it, and stop projecting your issues on other people.

Sweetness. And besides, 0%, while not the most potent of weapons, will still be considered the most versatile of all the percentages... Granted, you're not doing a great deal of damage with a 0% Repca as opposed to like say... an 18% dark one.

But I need to know.... if you hit another element such as a fire monster or like a Nava Ludda (Ground) with a Dark Repca, will it still inflict that 18% difference, or... what? I'd have to see this out when I spare time on my hands.

Gibdozer
Mar 30, 2009, 08:38 PM

I was just throwing my support behind Cals statement because I agree with him and not you. We all realize that opposing attributes do more damage than neutral weapons, you don't have to prove it! Once again it's a question of enjoyment and visual appeal, and from our previous conversations I realize you understand nothing of either.

Kejen your bad manners are exceded only by your bad manners.

Zabrio
Mar 30, 2009, 09:05 PM

but what is the point of changing how you play if it is not fun to you, PSU is a game play it in the way that is most fun to you. if you find it more fun with the elemental weapons then do it if you prefer neutral then use those.

I'm saying elemental weapons are bad, (heck i use them all the time) and i'm not saying neutral are either, you just need to find what makes the game most fun for you.

Now if you want to deal more damage yeah elemental weapons are a good idea but don't go overboard and buy 6 of each weapon in each ele try to find a balance you could even have 1 or 2 weapons not on your palette to swap out just in case (also good for swapping out without using charges)

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 30, 2009, 10:24 PM
But I need to know.... if you hit another element such as a fire monster or like a Nava Ludda (Ground) with a Dark Repca, will it still inflict that 18% difference, or... what? I'd have to see this out when I spare time on my hands.

Elements only qualify in one of three areas: same, opposite or off. Fire versus fire qualifies as same element and for armor this is good but for weapons this is bad. Fire versus ice qualifies as opposite element and has the reverse effect of the previous, so for weapons this is great but for armor this is a bad thing. Lastly comes off element, which qualifies as the exact same thing as neutral. In this last case you can use a fire weapon against a ground enemy and it will hit for exactly the same damage as a neutral weapon of the same attack rating.

As such, this means that using neutral weapons is no better than using an off element. This also means that by having a minimum of 3 elemental weapons will guarantee that you always have at least one off element weapon. There is no need to use neutral weapons or armor, ever.

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 30, 2009, 10:35 PM

So how exactly would you define someone that knows the better option yet chooses to do things in an inferior manner? Anyone using neutral weapons or same element weapons is doing exactly this.

There are always exceptions to the rules and I have used same element weapons to level PAs or off element weapons in order to avoid carrying excessive equipment, but the number of situations for these things are few and far between.

My goal is to simply educate others as to how the bonuses and penalties in PSU work. If you do not want to use this advice then simply ignore it. If you feel that my posting information that actually benefis others it forcing others to do something then you have deeper issues.

I see plenty of n00bs/newbs at White Beast on a daily basis and most of them rarely use a Sleep Resist let alone correct element armor and weapons. Sure it irks me but I have come to realize that most of them have no clue how the system works or simply cannot afford things. I am trying to offer suggestions on how to overcome their weaknesses and allow them to afford better equipment by understanding how the system will work to their advantage.

I would hardly say that 'play how you want' is good advice but if you want to do it then fine. you could also choose not to study before a major exam but I wouldn't suggest that either. No one is going to grade you on PSU so you have every right to do things however you want. I am simply educating others as to how the system works, if you choose to remain ignorant to these facts then feel free but do not say that my posts are incorrect (unless you can prove otherwise).

darkante
Mar 30, 2009, 11:16 PM
I´m also a bit suprised to see alot of people to play White Beast, but not using Sleep/Resist. Is it really that fun to get stunned here and there?

Back a while ago, they went for under 100 000..hell even under 30 000..am i missing something here? They gone really expensive or what?

Gibdozer
Mar 31, 2009, 01:35 AM
but what is the point of changing how you play if it is not fun to you, PSU is a game play it in the way that is most fun to you. if you find it more fun with the elemental weapons then do it if you prefer neutral then use those.

I'm saying elemental weapons are bad, (heck i use them all the time) and i'm not saying neutral are either, you just need to find what makes the game most fun for you.

Now if you want to deal more damage yeah elemental weapons are a good idea but don't go overboard and buy 6 of each weapon in each ele try to find a balance you could even have 1 or 2 weapons not on your palette to swap out just in case (also good for swapping out without using charges)

I think you may have missed the sarcasm there(not your fault) it was more for gylph, I'm a family friend. Actually I totally agree with you, any motivation in video games other than personal satisfaction is pointless, and attempting to coerce others into playing your way is equally futile(even border line delusional).

Zabrio
Mar 31, 2009, 04:43 PM
I think you may have missed the sarcasm there(not your fault) it was more for gylph, I'm a family friend. Actually I totally agree with you, any motivation in video games other than personal satisfaction is pointless, and attempting to coerce others into playing your way is equally futile(even border line delusional).

exactly, if you play a game and aren't having fun why play, you have to play games the way you want

and yeah sorry i didn't catch the sarcasm (lot harder on the internet :P)

ShonagarACE
Mar 31, 2009, 06:36 PM
So how exactly would you define someone that knows the better option yet chooses to do things in an inferior manner? Anyone using neutral weapons or same element weapons is doing exactly this.

There are always exceptions to the rules and I have used same element weapons to level PAs or off element weapons in order to avoid carrying excessive equipment, but the number of situations for these things are few and far between.

My goal is to simply educate others as to how the bonuses and penalties in PSU work. If you do not want to use this advice then simply ignore it. If you feel that my posting information that actually benefis others it forcing others to do something then you have deeper issues.

I see plenty of n00bs/newbs at White Beast on a daily basis and most of them rarely use a Sleep Resist let alone correct element armor and weapons. Sure it irks me but I have come to realize that most of them have no clue how the system works or simply cannot afford things. I am trying to offer suggestions on how to overcome their weaknesses and allow them to afford better equipment by understanding how the system will work to their advantage.

I would hardly say that 'play how you want' is good advice but if you want to do it then fine. you could also choose not to study before a major exam but I wouldn't suggest that either. No one is going to grade you on PSU so you have every right to do things however you want. I am simply educating others as to how the system works, if you choose to remain ignorant to these facts then feel free but do not say that my posts are incorrect (unless you can prove otherwise).

I never said your information was incorrect. You are knowledgeable about the game. But there are at least two topics about this per day, and if someone wanted to hear the same thing over again, they could read those. And belittling people doesn't make them any more open to your advice. And I know that playing the way you want doesn't always lead you to be the best player, but I do think it is the most fun way to play, and therefore still good advice.

Hiero_Glyph
Mar 31, 2009, 06:52 PM
I never said your information was incorrect. You are knowledgeable about the game. But there are at least two topics about this per day, and if someone wanted to hear the same thing over again, they could read those. And belittling people doesn't make them any more open to your advice. And I know that playing the way you want doesn't always lead you to be the best player, but I do think it is the most fun way to play, and therefore still good advice.

Exacty where did I belittle someone? Ignorance is properly defined in my post.

ShonagarACE
Mar 31, 2009, 06:58 PM

Yes, you did say this: "So how exactly would you define someone that knows the better option yet chooses to do things in an inferior manner? Anyone using neutral weapons or same element weapons is doing exactly this."

So yes, perhaps belittle is a strong word. But if someone's playing style happens to ignore how to do the most possible damage, or take the least, does this mean that it is any less valid?

Genoa
Apr 1, 2009, 05:07 AM
I'm skipping every comment and just posting my own based off your original question.

I don't know the exact statistics for sure (nor do I care >__>) but here's an example...
Someone using a 8* weapon with 40% element would be doing CONSIDERABLY more damage than someone using an 11* weapon that's neutral.
ATA is quite a weak stat in PSU, so that isn't a very redeeming factor among higher tier weapons.
PP is a very small factor as well since you can normally make a full run without needing to go back for more charges.

If money is an issue, and you're not playing as a Fighmaster, I would recommend investing in some high % A-ranks just to see the difference.

Not sure if you've played a Ranger, or for a good while at least...
But what MAKES a ranger good isn't as much as it's equips as it is their PA's.
Bullets are what gives Rangers their Elemental % on Guns.
We all know the Shotgun, Crossbow, and Card get those addtional bullet(s) at higher tiers, but it would still be very weak if it wasn't for the Elemental % they gain in those higher tiers.
It's not the additional Attack % bonus that comes with each level that makes Bullet PA's powerful, it's the Elemental % factor.

Reflecting off that, you can see why with Fighter classes, it's your equipment that makes up the largest portion of your character.
You can have shitty PA levels as a Fighter with high elemental % weapons and it's like a Ranger using shitty guns with high leveled elemental Bullets.
Or even a Force with shitty tech-weapons using high-tech leveled disks.

Yunfa
Apr 1, 2009, 08:35 AM

*scoff* Ironic indeed

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 1, 2009, 10:42 AM
Yes, you did say this: "So how exactly would you define someone that knows the better option yet chooses to do things in an inferior manner? Anyone using neutral weapons or same element weapons is doing exactly this."

So yes, perhaps belittle is a strong word. But if someone's playing style happens to ignore how to do the most possible damage, or take the least, does this mean that it is any less valid?

Be careful how you apply the word ignore in your statement. If you mean that the person is unaware of the facts and plays how they wish, this is simply ignorance and there is nothing wrong with doing it as they simply do not know any better. If, however, the person knows the facts and chooses to ignore them by using whatever weapon they want then the definition of ignorance no longer applies and something else does.

Please note that my words are not intended as insults and are simply based upon the definitions of the actual terms being used. I have been ignorant to the facts many times in this game (heck, I used a Halp Serafi exclusively for the first few weeks that I played) and only after learning the facts did I shed my ignorance.

Regarding the claim that ignoring the facts makes someone's playing style less valid, I would have to say yes. If a player is role-playing and trying to fit their character within the guidlines of a developed role then this would be an exception as they have their own set of rules that need to be followed. If the player in question has no rules to follow, then the knowledge of how elemental %'s work is enough to invalidate their claims when they choose to do something contrary to them. What defense would they use? I know better but I choose to do things my way; or I play the way I want to play. Neither of these is supportive of the facts in the least and is simply a personal opinion (to which they are entitled) that lacks any validation. Again, you can play how you want, but good luck supporting a viewpoint that is contrary to the facts when all you are using to support it is your personal opinion.

ShonagarACE
Apr 1, 2009, 01:47 PM
Be careful how you apply the word ignore in your statement. If you mean that the person is unaware of the facts and plays how they wish, this is simply ignorance and there is nothing wrong with doing it as they simply do not know any better. If, however, the person knows the facts and chooses to ignore them by using whatever weapon they want then the definition of ignorance no longer applies and something else does.

Please note that my words are not intended as insults and are simply based upon the definitions of the actual terms being used. I have been ignorant to the facts many times in this game (heck, I used a Halp Serafi exclusively for the first few weeks that I played) and only after learning the facts did I shed my ignorance.

Regarding the claim that ignoring the facts makes someone's playing style less valid, I would have to say yes. If a player is role-playing and trying to fit their character within the guidlines of a developed role then this would be an exception as they have their own set of rules that need to be followed. If the player in question has no rules to follow, then the knowledge of how elemental %'s work is enough to invalidate their claims when they choose to do something contrary to them. What defense would they use? I know better but I choose to do things my way; or I play the way I want to play. Neither of these is supportive of the facts in the least and is simply a personal opinion (to which they are entitled) that lacks any validation. Again, you can play how you want, but good luck supporting a viewpoint that is contrary to the facts when all you are using to support it is your personal opinion.

All true, but since the game is a matter of preference, does a player really need to support it or validate it to someone else? If I were to use a neutral weapon, I would have my reasons, but I certainly wouldn't tell someone that my reasons were the right ones and therefore they should do what I do. I believe that a personal opinion is enough to support doing something, but not enough to tell someone that they should be doing the same, which is where facts come in.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 1, 2009, 02:32 PM
All true, but since the game is a matter of preference, does a player really need to support it or validate it to someone else? If I were to use a neutral weapon, I would have my reasons, but I certainly wouldn't tell someone that my reasons were the right ones and therefore they should do what I do. I believe that a personal opinion is enough to support doing something, but not enough to tell someone that they should be doing the same, which is where facts come in.

I still agree that players have the right to state their opinions on these forums, but why are so many arguing against my standpoint as I am the only one providing facts to support my case? As I have clarified my point multiple times there is no room to argue any longer. Sure, you can still choose to play how you want, but that does not refute my point in the least. Again, every player is entitled to play how they want, but to argue against me using their personal opinions as support is invalid.

EDIT: If I proved that 2+2=4 and someone says that in their opinion they feel that the answer is 5, that does not make them correct until they prove it. Now in some cases 2+2 can equal 5 (for extremely large values of 2 rounded to a single digit) but unless they prove it, they have no validity to their claim. Sure they have every right to state that they feel the answer is 5, but that does not make them correct until they provide factual evidence to support their claim. Stating an opinion multiple times does not prove anything.

MoorePSO
Apr 2, 2009, 10:42 AM
Playing PSU is like software development. With all of the weapon selections, PA's, races & types, there is no "correct" way to accomplish the task. Some methods may be faster, but more resource intensive, than others. Some may be slower, but more elegant. Others may be very resource-friendly, but extremely time consuming.

Frequently, personal preferences and/or resources will dictate the method. Regardless of which method is employed, in the end, so long as the task is successfully accomplished, it is a "correct" method.

Ruru
Apr 2, 2009, 10:49 AM
the biggest issue with this entire thread is the fact that hiero_glyph is getting flamed for telling the OP what the OP was asking about in the first place.

there is no reason to flame anyone for giving their advice when the advice was asked for in the first place.

as for this topic. preference vs efficiency if you want to do what you want to do. by all means go ahead and do it. if what you want to do is be the most efficient then get a set of 30+ % element weapons/armor so you can kill faster/live longer its that simple. if you just want to play the game for looks and play with what you think looks cool even if its not the best way to go about it. do it. its your game you paid for it. you can do what you want.

just dont flame people for giving suggestions and this goes for everyone, grow up a little and discuss things in a mature fashion or find another forum.

Gibdozer
Apr 3, 2009, 06:01 PM
Actually Glyph kind of started the whole thing when he told the poster to ignore Calsetes advice, "play how you want". The majority of people responding to the thread disagree with him and his logical (somewhat cold) perspective. No one is denying the statistical facts of the game, but we don't base all our decisions on what is technically superior. For example a black heart aura gives only +2 end but many wear it over superior equipment(I even see casts wear them). Glyph would classify this as ignorance but it is likely a matter of aesthetic preference.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 3, 2009, 06:31 PM
Actually Glyph kind of started the whole thing when he told the poster to ignore Calsetes advice, "play how you want". The majority of people responding to the thread disagree with him and his logical (somewhat cold) perspective. No one is denying the statistical facts of the game, but we don't base all our decisions on what is technically superior. For example a black heart aura gives only +2 end but many wear it over superior equipment(I even see casts wear them). Glyph would classify this as ignorance but it is likely a matter of aesthetic preference.

Reread what Calsetes wrote and tell me all they said was to "play how you want." Here. let me quote it for you again:

I say......

First they begin by giving 100% bad advice about which weapons to use. That is unless you want to prove that using a single weapon in a single element and then having a second weapon of a different element is a good thing. Feel free, I could use a good laugh.

Second, they make matters worse by stating that you should have one weapon of every element on you palette at the same time. What mission has enemies that are every element? Seriously, please let me know.

Lastly they contradict themselves when they state that "neutrals are alright" but then states that "it would be a bit more beneficial to get something element-related." So which is it?

Finally at the very end of thier post they close by saying to "play how you want."

So in summary everything in the post is wrong or contradictory except for the advice at the very end that states to 'play how you want.' I guess my posting to ignore this advice must be wrong. Either you didn't read their post or you only remember the last four words of the post.

I stand by all of my posts in this thread and would like to add that aesthetics has nothing to do with what the OP was asking. As a result anyone posting anything about looking good or wearing a unit for looks is off-topic. Unless your posts pertains to the effectiveness of neutral weapons versus elemental ones then you have no business posting in this thread. Sure this may seem a bit harsh but there are more trolls posting advice in this thread than players with a clue about how neutral weapons affect gameplay.

ShonagarACE
Apr 3, 2009, 07:23 PM
I still agree that players have the right to state their opinions on these forums, but why are so many arguing against my standpoint as I am the only one providing facts to support my case? As I have clarified my point multiple times there is no room to argue any longer. Sure, you can still choose to play how you want, but that does not refute my point in the least. Again, every player is entitled to play how they want, but to argue against me using their personal opinions as support is invalid.

EDIT: If I proved that 2+2=4 and someone says that in their opinion they feel that the answer is 5, that does not make them correct until they prove it. Now in some cases 2+2 can equal 5 (for extremely large values of 2 rounded to a single digit) but unless they prove it, they have no validity to their claim. Sure they have every right to state that they feel the answer is 5, but that does not make them correct until they provide factual evidence to support their claim. Stating an opinion multiple times does not prove anything.

And I believe that we are now on the same page. I'm certainly not trying to argue against your point about the effectiveness of elements and such. I think my point was just that the way you play is your choice, and when you tell other players how you play and why, it is their choice whether or not to accept the advice. So in this case, playing the way you want to may not be "correct", but it is still your right. It just is not your right to force it on anyone else. Cool? :-)

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 3, 2009, 09:52 PM
And I believe that we are now on the same page. I'm certainly not trying to argue against your point about the effectiveness of elements and such. I think my point was just that the way you play is your choice, and when you tell other players how you play and why, it is their choice whether or not to accept the advice. So in this case, playing the way you want to may not be "correct", but it is still your right. It just is not your right to force it on anyone else. Cool? :-)

And now comes the fun part where I requote the OP for you to read again.

So what is EK Dynomite asking in their post? They are asking a single question and that question is "should I stick with neutral?" So, to answer this question with 'play how you want' or to state that "the way you play is your choice" is not valid advice within the context of the original question.

Reread my first response and let me know if I failed to answer this question. Then read the responses to my reply and see who goes off-topic first. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't me.

Bottom line, elemental weapons are superior to neutral ones. As stated previously, there are always exceptions but for every exception that is found I can use 20+ examples that follow the rule.

Curious but as the OP's question has been answered, why is everyone still arguing with me?

ShonagarACE
Apr 3, 2009, 10:08 PM
And now comes the fun part where I requote the OP for you to read again.

So what is EK Dynomite asking in their post? They are asking a single question and that question is "should I stick with neutral?" So, to answer this question with 'play how you want' or to state that "the way you play is your choice" is not valid advice within the context of the original question.

Reread my first response and let me know if I failed to answer this question. Then read the responses to my reply and see who goes off-topic first. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't me.

Bottom line, elemental weapons are superior to neutral ones. As stated previously, there are always exceptions but for every exception that is found I can use 20+ examples that follow the rule.

Curious but as the OP's question has been answered, why is everyone still arguing with me?

Definitely not arguing with you. The answer to that question is, "If you want to do more damage, use elemental weapons. They are superior in this respect." Not arguing there. Now, you could also say that if the OP wants to continue using neutral weapons, he is justified in doing that as well. If the question was "Would elemental weapons be more effective?" it would be much more clear cut.

So to recap, I am not arguing with you. We're cool.

thunder-ray
Apr 4, 2009, 08:30 AM
To answer the OP's question I say you should use element weapons but only use neutral weps if your lvling pa's. When I first started this game all of the weps I had we're neutral (dued to the fact I didnt have a strike pm at the time). Eventually when I got enough meseta from selling element photons in my shop, (back when element photons sold for a high amount) I retired my neutrals for elements. The two main elements that i use is light and dark, since most of the missions I do reqiures ether light or dark weps. Other elements that I use from time to time is ice and ground weps. I hope this helped you out a bit.

Gibdozer
Apr 4, 2009, 10:55 AM
Look the original poster hasn't made single comment since the post. He may have posted and never even returned to look at your advice! His initial post does not determine the evolution of the entire thread, especially when he hasn't been part of the discussion for the last four pages! If you want to shout foul for off topic posts I guess you have a right but it seems a little small to me.
As much as I appreciate logic your coming across as rigid and inflexible (anti-fun). Again there is no disagreement with factual data, there is certainly a most effective way to play. There is however no wrong way to play a game built around customization, and the most effective method isn't always the most enjoyable.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 4, 2009, 12:02 PM
Look the original poster hasn't made single comment since the post. He may have posted and never even returned to look at your advice! His initial post does not determine the evolution of the entire thread, especially when he hasn't been part of the discussion for the last four pages! If you want to shout foul for off topic posts I guess you have a right but it seems a little small to me.
As much as I appreciate logic your coming across as rigid and inflexible (anti-fun). Again there is no disagreement with factual data, there is certainly a most effective way to play. There is however no wrong way to play a game built around customization, and the most effective method isn't always the most enjoyable.

Start a new topic if you do not enjoy the focus of this one. Furthermore, I apologize if I seem anti-fun, but the topic was again not about fun but about the efficiency of neutral weapons. Again, I encourage you to start a new topic if you wish to debate the reasons that you or others play PSU.

As for your closing comments regarding the 'correct' way to play PSU, I agree that there is not one. There is however a more effecient way to play PSU and you certainly are not advocating that method. In fact, Calsetes advice is actually advocating an ineffecient way of playing, something that I still feel should not be supported. It seems funny that you would summarize inefficiency as 'play how you want' but to each their own.

DreXxiN
Apr 5, 2009, 01:03 AM
I totally back up Hiero in this thread 100%. There's no reason to argue with him as he's answered the OP's question very well.

To throw in my two meseta, however, if you have a short attention span, it is, indeed, more effective to mess around and sacrifice efficiency for enjoyment, with the assumption that said person would get more work done by not giving up due to boredom and "hopping the bandwagon."

Consistancy > Power IMO. Luckily, some of us are very OCD and easily amused and will stay at the same thing for hours AND be efficient! This is not always the case, though.