PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Home

Kylie
Mar 30, 2009, 01:43 PM
I thought it might be cool (in fact, it was a part of my reason for getting a PS3), but there's no way I could stand here and defend it to anyone now. I know it's still (emphasized) in its Beta stage, but the lack of stuff in it and the amount of glitches is just sad. :lol: Once you step foot in that virtual world; you see tons on people standing in mid-air, infinitely sliding, and sitting in glitched positions.

Next up is the censoring. The first online game I played was The Sims Online, and EA gave you the option to turn the censor off. Next was Resident Evil Outbreak, and I thought that was terrible. PSU was worse. Home takes the cake though. Actually, it requires you to bake a second cake to satisfy its fatty appetite for lameness. OK, you can't even say "Christmas" because it has "Christ" in it, and there are even more examples that make less sense.

This rant wouldn't be complete if I didn't bring up the people. Seriously, what a pathetic bunch of losers. They make the "no lives" I've met on other games look like Homecoming kings and queens. You have the elitists (what the fuck are you elite of? o_O), then the trolls (I can't really fault these), then the horny guys, and then the attention whores.

Look, what people want to do on the Internet is their business, and I'm definitely not the least bit against flirting. I can't talk to anyone on Home though without being interrupted again and again by someone squeezing my pixelated ass. I've tried to get a friend on to go bowling with or whatever, but we honestly can't get a word in without that bullshit. I don't get on it much, but I've resorted to being a total bitch every time I do. It's the only way. What makes it sicker is that some girls let them do it! It makes me want to vomit. :barf:

Annnnd I'm not stupid. I'm aware that the female population on PSN went from 5 to 20% the first week Home became public, but I'm not into making accusations about people I don't know. I'll leave that one to you.

Home isn't even that good in the end. The clothes and furniture you don't have to pay for are hideous, there's glitches everywhere, the censor sucks, the people suck, and the servers are laggy and unstable. There was a time when I thought Home was really going to be amazing, but now I just think Sony screwed up. Then again, it can only go up!

EDIT: This was supposed to be dramatic. I write rants to amuse myself.

Chuck_Norris
Mar 30, 2009, 02:07 PM
Feh, helps keep the riff-raff off the games. If they like playing Second Life without hacks, let them be. The more time they spend on Home, the less time they spend bothering you on the actual games.

CrimsomWolf
Mar 30, 2009, 02:54 PM
It makes me think of this:

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq339/Br3nCis/PS%20Fun/15-12-2008053.jpg

Zarode
Mar 30, 2009, 03:20 PM
I will still never get what people expected out of HOME.

AC9breaker
Mar 30, 2009, 05:00 PM
They where expecting Second Life but with the Sony logo on it. (Keep in mind that 2nd life is already a shitty game)

I only tried it out the day it was up full well expecting it to be shit. I was surprised that they manage to exceed my shittyness expectations. Deleted the space it was taking up on my harddrive and burned some more music on it for Wipeout.

Kent
Mar 30, 2009, 05:47 PM
Keep in mind that 2nd life is already a shitty game
In other news, there are people that view Second Life as a "game."

amtalx
Mar 30, 2009, 06:28 PM
Home is such a steaming pile of unabashed failure I don't know where to begin.

Even the basic delivery system is tragic. After downloading the client, each individual area must be downloaded, including the basic areas like the bowling alley. Why? Sadism. Any entry level IT guy should be able to figure out how to include fairly static areas as part of the installation package.

This was clearly Sony's attempt at a boiled-down half-assed Second Life. The problem is it was only their attempt. What we actually ended up with was more like luke-warm 1/32-assed Second Life. The living spaces aren't even persistent. If you are in someone's room when they leave, the doorman gives you the boot like they're afraid you're going to rip the place off, or rummage through your friend's panty drawer.

The only possible saving grace Home has is that its still technically a "Beta", which means its not final. The beta title exonerates them from having to admit that this abortion was the final fruits of their labor. I suggest they leave it in beta indefinitely and hope that everyone forgets about it.

Kylie
Mar 30, 2009, 07:15 PM
WTF amtrax. Why are you trying to outdo my awesome metaphors? :rant:

@Zarode, AC9: I wasn't that excited about it. I know I said it was one of the reasons why I decided to get a PS3, but that was being generous. I never heard of Second Life until MTV did that documentary about online lives, so I didn't know that lobbies/virtual chat rooms could get any worse than those found on actual games...

AC9breaker
Mar 30, 2009, 08:13 PM
lol @ amtrax

In other news, there are people that view Second Life as a "game."

I personally don't see much of difference between it and MMORPGS other then the grinding aspect of it. Unless you count avatars grinding on each other \?o_O/.

amtalx
Mar 31, 2009, 12:17 AM
WTF amtrax. Why are you trying to outdo my awesome metaphors? :rant:

It was a contribution. :D

Zarode
Mar 31, 2009, 02:39 PM
@Zarode, AC9: I wasn't that excited about it. I know I said it was one of the reasons why I decided to get a PS3, but that was being generous. I never heard of Second Life until MTV did that documentary about online lives, so I didn't know that lobbies/virtual chat rooms could get any worse than those found on actual games...

I didn't imply you, but guilty as charged! :wacko:

Kylie
Mar 31, 2009, 06:09 PM
Is it a bad time to introduce the idea of PSO-World getting its own clubhouse on Home?

Kent
Apr 1, 2009, 05:07 AM
Is it a bad time to introduce the idea of PSO-World getting its own clubhouse on Home?
Probably. This might end up encouraging people to subject themselves to Home.