PDA

View Full Version : esccaflowne

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 30, 2009, 02:18 PM
Has anyone here seen the anime or read the manga escaflowne

AC9breaker
Mar 30, 2009, 05:05 PM
It's one of the more shittier weeaboo animes out there. With that said, I own the dvd collection and the Special Edition OVA. Still think it quite shitty in terms of story and character development. The dubbing was good but the translators obviously didn't understand the convoluted plot. Never read the manga.

Fucking retarded cat girls.

McLaughlin
Mar 30, 2009, 05:13 PM
I saw this when I was like, ten or eleven. I thought it was pretty dope then. Maybe I should rewatch it. >_>

Weeaboolits
Mar 30, 2009, 05:26 PM
I saw the movie some time ago, don't really remember the story, but it had giant blood-powered robots, which was fun.

Outrider
Mar 30, 2009, 05:29 PM
I watched a few episodes when I was in middle school/high school.

All I remember is that it had a knights & sorcery setting but with giant battling robots.

Assuming the entire series can be boiled down to that premise, it must've been the single greatest thing ever created by mankind.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 30, 2009, 05:42 PM
that is the biggest misconception ever. not to be mean but at least in the series anime they were not electricly powered making them not robots they're gymelefs.

Gunslinger-08
Mar 30, 2009, 05:50 PM
But for all intents and purposes, they're robots, even if they're powered by magic or something else.

I do remember the series, but all I do remember is that it didn't impress me the way Rurouni Kenshin did back when it was on Cartoon Network, way back in the day.

Zorafim
Mar 30, 2009, 05:52 PM
I remember watching this when I was younger, and loving every minute of it. My opinion might be biased, but I still think it's a fairly well done anime.

Rubius-sama
Mar 30, 2009, 06:06 PM
that is the biggest misconception ever. not to be mean but at least in the series anime they were not electricly powered making them not robots they're gymelefs.

Lore-wise, you would be correct... however the average fan doesn't look that deep into it. They "looked" like robots, and to us, they simply "were" robots. That's what we immediately recognized them as, and that's what we remember them as now that it's been so long.

AC9breaker
Mar 30, 2009, 08:07 PM

Ironically, Escaflowne is a gymeluf. So it's funny that one of the lines in the english dubbing by Lord Van to the Blond hair dood is "Give me back my Escaflowne and give me back my gymeluf"

This is at the part where they're staying at one of his forts for protection. The blond hair dood that is.

olo wat? was my reaction.

Also, fucking retarded catgirls. Can't stress that enough.

Zorafim
Mar 30, 2009, 09:01 PM
Can you really be mad at catgirls that make out with each other?

Leviathan
Mar 30, 2009, 09:48 PM
I remember watching it.
However, I don't recall ever liking it.

amtalx
Mar 31, 2009, 12:21 AM
I tried to watch the movie once, couldn't make it past about 20 mins. I don't like big robot battle anime. I bet it sucks less than Big O though.

/blasphemy

Outrider
Mar 31, 2009, 10:11 AM
it must've been the single greatest thing ever created by mankind.

that is the biggest misconception ever.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Tessu
Mar 31, 2009, 10:33 AM
Can you really be mad at catgirls that make out with each other?

If this is the kind of crowd that enjoyed the anime, all consideration that I had to watch it has completely dissolved.

Outrider
Mar 31, 2009, 11:07 AM
If this is the kind of crowd that enjoyed the anime, all consideration that I had to watch it has completely dissolved.

I mean, that group is a rather large percentage of anime fans. If that's the test for whether or not you'll watch an anime, I can't imagine there are too many that you'll find suitable.

Darkly
Mar 31, 2009, 11:19 AM
well whatever they were, the designs for the things they piloted were very much awesome.

Tessu
Mar 31, 2009, 04:40 PM
I mean, that group is a rather large percentage of anime fans. If that's the test for whether or not you'll watch an anime, I can't imagine there are too many that you'll find suitable.

Exactly right. Most animes fail to keep my interest at all or even slightly entertain me. And the ones that do are enjoyable but rather short-lived.

I haven't found a single one worth watching all of. Even FLCL which is 6 episodes was a strain for me. :{
I try, though, I really do.

amtalx
Mar 31, 2009, 05:04 PM
Never watch Bleach or Inuyasha. D:

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Apr 1, 2009, 01:51 PM
escaflowne is the best tv show and anime ever :D so stop dissing it!:rant:

Vanzazikon
Apr 1, 2009, 03:25 PM
Never watch Bleach or Inuyasha. D:You take that back! http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu360/Greatonevan/e137328.gif

...Oh wait, my Bleach sig is gone.

Weeaboolits
Apr 1, 2009, 09:10 PM
Good riddance to bad rubbish, I suppose.

AzureBlaze
Apr 1, 2009, 11:38 PM
I saw it when it was on TV (all edited up) and then aaages later managed to rent the rest of it out of the library. (Yes its full of free anime) I can't stand to start a show and then not finish it. Unless I find out it has a tragic end, then, it's the plague.

Ending=dissatisfactory.
I won't spoil here even though the show is like a billion years old now but I was mad at the end. Yeah it was all convoluted and everything but then it just seemed like they couldn't think of anything else to do and said 'ok thats it kthxbye'.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Apr 2, 2009, 08:07 PM
I like happy endings seriously but I guess the ending wasn't great but it was a 6/10

Niered
Apr 2, 2009, 09:36 PM
Only saw the movie, and that was pretty good, apart from, as so many have stated before...

...the fucking retarded cat girls. Seriously, she was like Jar Jar Binks on speed.

Solstis
Apr 2, 2009, 10:47 PM
It was tolerable.

FLCL on the other hand, was great in some ways, awful in others (irritating levels of self-parody).