PDA

View Full Version : Rattlesnake- Extended range?

Neith
Mar 31, 2009, 08:40 AM
I made a mention of this in a thread yesterday, and only now managed to get screenshots (no luck on the double-hitting yet- i'll have to ask my friend to show me where to aim for that).

Anyway, I was running SEED Express S2 with my Gunmaster last night, and decided to give my Ground Rifle a bit of EXP. So when Motherbrain's arms were disabled, I aim at her face with a Blackbullic. I noticed that from where I was standing, my bullets were disappearing just short of her face, so I had to move forward a little. Later, I switched to my Rattlesnake, and Motherbrain did the attack the pushes you back. I aimed again, but could hit her face fine with the Rattlesnake. To make sure it wasn't a coincidence, I tested it again today:

Blackbullic:
[spoiler-box]
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/urikobb3/PSUBlackbullicRange.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
Notice my position on the map. You can also see I have shot by the circle 'ripple' effect at the bottom right. I know you can see '1111' damage, but it's transparent, so was done by someone else.

Rattlesnake:
[spoiler-box]
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b292/urikobb3/PSURattlesnakeRange.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
This time you can clearly see my bullet hit Motherbrain, and the map position looks the same.

The only difference between the two shots (aside from the gun firing them) is that my Burning Shot (on the Rattlesnake) is Lv40, whereas my Grav Shot is significantly lower. Whether that has anything to do with it, I don't know.

Maybe someone else could test this and see if they get the same result?

Edit: I realise on those shots that the sight isn't in exactly the same place- I tested it in various places though, and could not hit her with the Blackbullic unless I moved forward.

desturel
Mar 31, 2009, 09:34 AM
The only difference between the two shots (aside from the gun firing them) is that my Burning Shot (on the Rattlesnake) is Lv40, whereas my Grav Shot is significantly lower. Whether that has anything to do with it, I don't know.

You should use the same rifle bullet when doing a test like this. As I mentioned before (http://pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2158435&postcount=32), (and few believed, but were too lazy to test for themselves) bullets gain extra range every 10 levels.

Neith
Mar 31, 2009, 09:43 AM
You should use the same rifle bullet when doing a test like this. As I mentioned before (http://pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2158435&postcount=32), (and few believed, but were too lazy to test for themselves) bullets gain extra range every 10 levels.

Hmm, that's interesting, I'd never seen that. I'll run the test again later using Burning Shot on both Rifles, then with Grav Shot on both, and see if there's any difference in results.

biggabertha
Mar 31, 2009, 10:09 AM
Also... Rattlesnake might be a tiny bit longer than a Blackbull/ic.

It's kinda awkward but I really wonder if small little things like that have absolutely any effect on things like this. Afterall, bullet size for Shotguns determines how easy it is to double-shot enemies so it wouldn't surprise me if weapon range changed.

It works for Mugunruk, Muktengek, Gekitsnata and many other melee weapons so, maybe it works for bullets too..?

(I think things are most obvious with Cubo Mamba/Aikasoki though... Aikasokis are loooooooong but I don't know if they fire any differently than Cubo Mambas.)

Cubo Tumas though, heh heh - I'd love it if Crossbows get to double-shot in the future. I'd REALLY be split between what to use on a Fortegunner then - but FIghgunners would be ridiculous at that point with PA LV+ Crossbow...

(Lv. 50 ELEMENTAL Crossbows on Fighgunner...?! omgomgomg)

XlX TANK XlX
Mar 31, 2009, 11:06 AM
I've been a gunner since I started PSU and can confirm that ALL BULLETS gain extra range as they level up at 11, 21, etc.

desturel
Mar 31, 2009, 11:21 AM
(I think things are most obvious with Cubo Mamba/Aikasoki though... Aikasokis are loooooooong but I don't know if they fire any differently than Cubo Mambas.)

Cubo Tumas though, heh heh - I'd love it if Crossbows get to double-shot in the future. I'd REALLY be split between what to use on a Fortegunner then - but FIghgunners would be ridiculous at that point with PA LV+ Crossbow...

I never really tested the range of an Aikasoki vs. a Cubo Mamba, but I do know that elemental bullets have more range than ultimate bullets with a few exceptions. For example Yak Diga has more range than Yak Maga or Zagenga. However Chousei-sou has more range than Jusei-sou. Then again, the descriptor for Chousei-sou mentions that it has additional range.

lantis-zagato
Mar 31, 2009, 06:50 PM
both of the crossbow frag PAs have reduced range...something along the lines of half range.