PDA

View Full Version : Lavis Cannon Questions

Berdyshcast
Mar 31, 2009, 01:54 PM
How long did it take you to find your lavis cannon.

i still havent found after like 11 pouilly slimes

Vanzazikon
Mar 31, 2009, 02:39 PM
Well now, something we can relate to. I've no idea how much red slime I killed. .-. (GC)

Berdyshcast
Mar 31, 2009, 04:17 PM
I still didnt get it after 3 more slimes GAHH! why wont they just give it up.

psofan219
Mar 31, 2009, 06:00 PM
They're stingy. I'm also in the hunt for Lavis Cannon now that I have unlocked the proper quest. My current standing, 0/0, haha!

Berdyshcast
Mar 31, 2009, 06:08 PM
Plus not to mention i cant get more than 2. They just stop coming after that no mater how many times i pipe!

TrueChaos
Mar 31, 2009, 07:33 PM
so far i have fought 1 Slime and not got it. not really that fussed, call me Retard McSpacky-Pants but i'm not fussed about getting one. i'm more interested in getting a Black King Bar.

Lance813
Mar 31, 2009, 07:58 PM
Ugh, don't ask.

Ok, since you did.

Started my Lavis hunt in '06. Never found it. I still haven't given up.

psofan219
Mar 31, 2009, 08:12 PM
Plus not to mention i cant get more than 2. They just stop coming after that no mater how many times i pipe!

You use the TP trick? I'm hunting for it without it, since I can't afford to bust my GC.

Ugh, don't ask.

Ok, since you did.

Started my Lavis hunt in '06. Never found it. I still haven't given up.

3 years?!:-o Wow... good job in not giving up.

Berdyshcast
Mar 31, 2009, 08:51 PM
Even when i was hunting my orotiagito i got it on the 4th pal rappy i dint think it would take this long to get the same drop rate.

Genoa
Mar 31, 2009, 11:56 PM
If it helps, I played GC's version since release till about... 2007 and never found one xD
I ended up just trading one.

Berdyshcast
Apr 1, 2009, 09:31 AM
Great i just relized something. im gonna have to do this with my Viridia to get my god/power in vhard mode. -_-
But i will prevail!

Megatron0088
Apr 2, 2009, 08:15 AM
If it helps, I played GC's version since release till about... 2007 and never found one xD
I ended up just trading one. in other words, u went ONLINE. i got some questions id like to ask u :). but i need to email u about it. is that ok? PM me ur email please :) thanks

Berdyshcast
Apr 2, 2009, 05:11 PM
I think im going insane just finding the slimes!

Akruta
Apr 2, 2009, 05:43 PM
Even when i was hunting my orotiagito i got it on the 4th pal rappy i dint think it would take this long to get the same drop rate.

I think it's the game giving you a false sence of confidence. I found Orotiagito in 1 day from the first Pal Rappy. to find other Rares I have to hunt for weeks and/or months. I am going to hunt this weapon once my Redria hits Ultimate mode. (Which will be awhile)

Berdyshcast
Apr 2, 2009, 06:36 PM
Yeah i think your right. But i still want to get it befor my spring break is over.

psofan219
Apr 2, 2009, 08:37 PM
It's this games crude way of getting it's amusement. It knows you want the Lavis Cannon, so it's going to have you looking for it for literally ever, than you'll get frustrated, quit, go and try to hunt another rare, and what do you know? Pouilly Slime just so happens to show up, and BAM! Lavis Cannon (or if really wants to irritate you and drive you to the brink of insanity, it'll give you a PD instead). It's frustrating when that happens :argh: And it happens to me a lot (even more :argh:).

Don't believe me? Try doing 6 FiY runs looking for a Rappy Wing just to have it, and then finding ANOTHER ONE on a totally different quest, when you finally get it after you've been hunting it. Make that in the second-to-last room when you find whilst hunting it as well (the room with 8 rappies). I honestly thought I'd find an Al Rappy sooner than I did the Rappy Wing...

Berdyshcast
Apr 3, 2009, 01:25 PM
Thats the most truth iv ever heard in a couple sentences. i think the game was made so that if you hunt it you dont get, it if you dont hunt it you get it but i guess thats why the game is fun and amusing.

psofan219
Apr 3, 2009, 02:36 PM
I wonder why so many people have a hard time remembering it's name...

Berdyshcast
Apr 3, 2009, 03:09 PM
The Pouilly Slimes name?

NegaTsukasa
Apr 4, 2009, 12:58 AM
Its not so much remembering it. more of a grammar miss-rememberance in most cases.

its because the name is very similar from the rare enemy's name.
similar in spelling to. I always mess up spelling/typing on one or the other slime's names.

Genoa
Apr 4, 2009, 12:59 AM
That and it's red... and slimy....
Red slimes just rolls off the tongue much easier than Pouilly D:

Berdyshcast
Apr 4, 2009, 10:55 PM
Iv decided to give up on the lavis anf hunt the Sealed J Sword, Chain sawd and red sword
i like those more anyway

Genoa
Apr 5, 2009, 12:16 AM
Search for three swords? :o
Well here's my opinion on Chain Sawd and Red Sword.

Chain Sawd's unreduced Gush is awesome, especially for HUcast/HUcaseal who lack Resta.

Red Sword unreduced Seize is good, however, Red sword varies in damage heavily.

Lets just say that both your Chain Sawd and Red Sword are fully grinded for this comparison
Chain Sawd +15's ATP is 530-555 at +36 ATA (with no hit)
Red Sword +52's ATP is 504-715 at +37 ATA (with no hit)
Your damage will vary HEAVILY while using Red Sword. Sometimes, it's just plain annoying because you'll kill some enemies faster than other, while some will take almost an extra full combo to finish them.
However, despite the large variable gap, you'd probably still hit harder with Red Sword more often than you would Chain Sawd... but at least with Chain Sawd, you KNOW a good round-about of how much damage you're going to do.
Their ATA is basically the same, so it's more of a matter of:
1. Use of Special Ability
2. Personal Preference (omg, is it possible to like a weapon for more than just stats?! Lies!)

RAcast Extremist
Apr 5, 2009, 02:36 AM
Chain Sawd is a little easier to get than Red Sword though. (Although Red Sword have a little higher chance to drop than Chain Sawd)

Akruta
Apr 5, 2009, 02:45 PM
Now you'll go insane from Gi Gue instead!

Diargia
Apr 5, 2009, 03:34 PM
Funny I have never found a Pouilly, but I find alot of Mil Lillies.... with my HuNewearal...Purplenum....... 1/205 chance.....Psycho Wand.....
Not what I'm looking for..... ^^;

UnluckyHunter
Apr 5, 2009, 03:57 PM
All this Lavis talk is making me want to hunt for it. But, then I'd have to hunt for the syncesta and... It's a vicious cycle!

Genoa
Apr 6, 2009, 05:42 AM
I dislike Double Cannon with such a passion.
If it was GC, I would be completely content with just Lavis Cannon alone, but since there's an Excalibur taking over blue burst D:
If I ever got Lavis Cannon, I would try my hardest to get ONE Syncesta, Lavis Blades would be so seksi on my HUcaseal.

Akruta
Apr 6, 2009, 08:23 AM
I actually don't like Doublesaber or Dagger type weapons so I would be fine with the Normal Lavis Cannon.

psofan219
Apr 6, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'm aiming to get the Double Cannon, both for GC and BB. It's the strongest Double Saber in the game (w/o grinds), and the strongest one I can get as an offliner. Right now though, I'm hunting with my Skyly to get the Demo Comet and Sange. After that, I'll get my Redria RAmarl up to Ultimate so she can start hunting the Lavis Cannon.

Akruta
Apr 6, 2009, 01:38 PM
I still need to get my Redria to Ultimate as well... That or I go and kill thousands upon thousands of Normal Slimes with my Pinkal in the hopes of finding Lavis Cannon.

Genoa
Apr 7, 2009, 01:02 AM
Thousands? It's only a 1/22 chance, that's really not too bad.
Think of the poor saps that hunt Heaven Punisher and Psycho Wand.

psofan219
Apr 7, 2009, 10:54 PM
No it's not that bad... but you also gotta take into consideration that you need to find a 1/512 chance enemy first. The numbers could add up...

And for those who hunt the Heaven Punisher/Psycho Wand... good luck. Seriously. (I plan to try and hunt a H. Punisher myself at one point or another... it's going to be a looooooooong time)

Akruta
Apr 8, 2009, 08:17 AM
Thousands? It's only a 1/22 chance, that's really not too bad.
Think of the poor saps that hunt Heaven Punisher and Psycho Wand.

Its only thousands if I hunt it with my Pinkal... and it drops from normal slimes.

Genoa
Apr 8, 2009, 01:41 PM
Doh! Didn't read pinkal <__________>
Yeah, I wouldn't go that route.

psofan219
Apr 8, 2009, 02:21 PM
I seemed to miss the word "Pinkal" also, haha!^^; Well, however you choose to hunt it, best of luck to you.

DarkCecil05
Apr 23, 2009, 01:26 AM
Yes Good Luck to you. I finally got my hands on one yesterday. I been doing on and off hunting for it. The blasted thing has no bonuses. Now I need Syncestas. But I need to create an Oran character. Bummer!