PDA

View Full Version : PSOW Female Character Battle, Bonus Round!

TheOneHero
Mar 31, 2009, 03:31 PM
Shino won the tie-breaker with 24 votes to Mrs. Pac-Man's 11!

Here now is a "Bonus Round" before the final battle, this round is for girls created by players in other games besides PSO/U or for girls whose game/chance to be known was sadly cut short. A brief bio will be given for each girl to help you decide who to vote for. The winner of this round will be placed in the finals with: Shino, GLaDOS, Kerrigan, Cammy, Lyn, Shurikane, and Samus. Bio length will be determined by information available. Note: Bios will contain spoilers.

Nova, from StarCraft : Ghost

[spoiler-box] Bio: November Annabella Terra, normally known by her codename Nova, is a ghost agent for the Terran Dominion. Nova is the daughter of one of the highly influential Confederate Old Families, and despite having unusually high psionic potential her father is able to prevent her from being taken into the Confederate Ghost Program.[24] However, after her family is murdered by an anti-Confederate resistance movement, Nova flees to the under city of Tarsonis and is forced to work for an organized crime boss who wants to utilise her psionic powers for his ends. During the Zerg assault on Tarsonis at the end of StarCraft's Episode I, a Confederate wrangler eventually tracks her down and is able to get her off the planet, inadvertently ending up in the Sons of Korhal fleet. As a result, Nova voluntarily trains as a Dominion ghost agent and has her memory wiped to remove the reminders of her family's murder and her involvement with the Tarsonis underworld.

[spoiler-box] http://www.blizzplanet.com/coppermine/albums/ghost/Ghost-E3-2004/concept-art/nova2cut.jpg [/spoiler-box] [/spoiler-box]

Sonia Belmont, from Castlevania Legends and the canceled, Castlevania : Ressurection

[spoiler-box] Bio: At the age of seventeen she lived in a remote part of Transylvania. She was born with special abilities that allowed her to sense the presence of physical and spiritual beings, and was taught how to use a whip by her grandfather. Some say she and Alucard, son of Dracula, were more than friends; giving rise to the super-human Belmonts after herself.

[spoiler-box] http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/char/charsonialg.gif [/spoiler-box] [/spoiler-box]

Garona Halforcen, From WarCraft I : Orcs and Humans

[spoiler-box] Bio: Garona Halforcen is a half-orc half-draenei, though others believe she is half-human, including herself. She is an assassin and a spymaster. Formerly she was an emissary of the Horde during the first invasion of Azeroth. Having travelled throughout Draenor, Garona was well-versed in the culture of the orcs, making her an invaluable asset to the Shadow Council. She was inducted into the warlock-controlled Stormreaver clan. She quickly became the Chief Interpreter of the Shadow Council and Gul'dan's personal spy and assassin. However, Garona belonged to no clan, and had no clan allegiance. Due to her mixed blood, she was eternally an outcast and had to rely upon her wits to keep her alive in the harsh world.

[spoiler-box] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/d/d0/Garona.jpg [/spoiler-box] [/spoiler-box]

Violetta, from Fall Out 3

[spoiler-box] Bio: From the desk of President John Henry Eden, a manuscript of one of his speeches over Enclave Radio.

Hello America, it is your President John Henry Eden. And I think it is time that you and I have a little chat. I wish to talk to you about someone who has helped make a pure America much more than a dream, but almost a reality.

Violetta, born July 13th, 2258 - died October 28th, 2277

Violetta was raised inside of Vault 101, and it was intended that there she live a happy life. But alas, it was not to be. It was not to be, because she had another destiny to fulfill. One that would help save what was left of our fine country. On a certain day in 2277, her father James broke out of Vault 101. Looking for answers and undoubtedly afraid, the young lady took it upon herself to force her way out of the Vault to look for her father. On her way she murdered the Vault's Overseer, also her best friends father, as he stood as an obstacle in her way. She was banished to the wasteland, but it seems she had no intention of turning back. For our young lady, innocence was over.

Upon exiting the Vault she stumbled upon the town of Megaton. Megaton had over the years, become a sort of refugee camp for many wanderers. One would think Violetta would have thought it as a new home. One would think. Here, she met a man named Mr. Burke, who offered her a most devious job, one so unthinkable that not even I... not even I would have gone through with it. He asked her to arm the live nuclear warhead that was sitting in the middle of Megaton. She wasted no time in arming the nuke and paying Mr. Burke a visit. From the observation deck of Tenpenny Tower, Mr. Burke and Mr. Tenpenny allowed her to pull the switch that would end many lives. In the blink of an eye, and a terrifying fireworks show, the town known as Megaton evaporated like a drop of dew in the summertime.

As she traveled around the Wasteland, people learned to fear her. Her very presence was enough to make even the most foolish man keep his weapon ready. She kept steady trade in the ghoul infected Underworld, that glorified watery grave Rivet City, as well as her home base, Tenpenny Tower. It almost seemed like she forgot she was looking for her father. A sad thought. A daughter, driven out from her own home at such a young age when she was happy, now corrupted by the fester and decay of the Wasteland around her. After hearing some information about her father, she went off in search of him again.

She would discover him in another Vault. Her father explained that most of what she was told as a child was a lie. Heartbroken, she refused to forgive him for his actions and stormed off into the Capital Wasteland. It was not until she took refuge with the Brotherhood of Steel, that she would discover what her father needed to finish his project. As she was on her way to gather the GECK in a Vault to the north of the wasteland, I had Colonel Autumn follow her there. Col. Autumn and his men detained her and brought her back to our Headquarters here in Raven Rock.

It was here that I made her an offer, to help the Enclave reclaim America for the good of the people. The plan was simple: She was to take the modified FEV sample and put it into her father's water purification project upon activation. This vial would kill any mutated being upon them even so much as touching it. A terrible evil, I know. But it had to be done. She agreed to the plan, and headed out to complete her father's "Project Purity".

Pure it was, my good America. Pure it was. She did what was asked of her for her country, as she put the modified FEV into the purifier and activated it. She was incinerated upon the activation, but the plan worked. All non-pure genetic creatures quickly died off, killing most of the people and creatures in the Wasteland. It is now from here that I see I have a job to complete. The reconstruction of this fine country, America.

This is President John Henry Eden, signing off.

[spoiler-box] http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/Violetta.jpg [/spoiler-box] [/spoiler-box]

Seneskis, from World of WarCraft

[spoiler-box] Bio: She's undead and her favorite spell is Haunt, healing her for damage it causes to her opponents. Seneskis is a slayer of her mortal enemy, Night Elf Hunters. With the loss of her favorite demon, the Felguard, she went into dark Affliction magics; causing a great deal of pain over time.

[spoiler-box] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/World%20of%20WarCraft/Sen.jpg [/spoiler-box] [/spoiler-box]

Tie Breaker Match: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160225

Kylie
Mar 31, 2009, 03:46 PM
I'm not really head over heels for any of them, but I voted for Nova.

Leviathan
Mar 31, 2009, 03:55 PM
A vote against Violetta is a vote against America.

Kent
Mar 31, 2009, 04:16 PM
Nova, easily.

Sonia is retconned, I don't care much for orcs or corpses Fear is overpowered, and no idea what the Fallout person is all about. The glasses are hot, though.

amtalx
Mar 31, 2009, 04:58 PM
Considering they've all come from way off in left field, I have to go with Violetta.

Vanzazikon
Mar 31, 2009, 05:41 PM
Nova. ;o

Syl
Mar 31, 2009, 05:42 PM
My Warlock > Aisha's Warlock

SORRY BRAW

I'm just gonna go with Nova considering I wanted SC: Ghost when it was supposed to come out ;<

CrimsomWolf
Mar 31, 2009, 05:49 PM
Nova. Somebody with such crazy full name must be either really bad or really, really good (considering some game/anime/TV cliches) and doesn't look half-bad, especially in that gray/white-black outfit. And is psionic. Psionic girls are awesome.

KodiaX987
Mar 31, 2009, 05:50 PM
A vote against Violetta is a vote against America.

Fuck your America. :wacko:

Tessu
Mar 31, 2009, 05:52 PM
Violetta is definitely the best. Enough said.

NO, SHURI, DON'T DO IT!

astuarlen
Mar 31, 2009, 06:10 PM
Voting Violetta for most interesting backstory (sketchy motivations, but there's an attempt at something original, at least) and sensible get-up.
What's up with Nova's lack of backseat protection? Either she's wearing nothing or the most uncomfortably (impossibly?) suctioned hose.

Kylie
Mar 31, 2009, 06:13 PM
What's up with Nova's lack of backseat protection? Either she's wearing nothing or the most uncomfortably (impossibly?) suctioned hose.You know me. Quite the ass man. :wacko:

I wish I could change my vote though because I see what you're saying.

Omega_Weltall
Mar 31, 2009, 07:39 PM
Nova, cause i know who the FUCK she is... ya she dose have a flat ass though... but i'll let that go cause she can read minds and has a high powered C-20A Canister Rifle

SpikeOtacon
Mar 31, 2009, 07:42 PM
Nova, cause i know who the FUCK she is...

To be honest, that's part of my problem with the way this match is done. We have relative unknowns facing against someone who is pretty much famous for the fact that her game was canceled. That stacks the odds way too much.

TheOneHero
Mar 31, 2009, 11:26 PM
Little surprised there's so much Nova love, past polls show that no one knew who anyone was so...

Did anyone even read the bios? That was the supposed to be how you based your opinions this round. Really now, children.

Leviathan
Mar 31, 2009, 11:36 PM
To be honest, no one ever votes with their head.
Okay, maybe the one down there.

I think that's always been the problem.

TheOneHero
Mar 31, 2009, 11:47 PM
Female Character Battles are a PSOW tradition! :wacko:

Syanaide
Apr 1, 2009, 10:46 AM
Honestly, you have a very well known character (Nova), a random (Garona), two slightly unpopular, and someone's WoW char. Who do you think will win?

If you want a good match put a bunch of titans against each other instead of 1-2 everyone knows and then a bunch of nobodys. Have you never voted in a moe tournament?

KaneKahn
Apr 1, 2009, 08:22 PM
Seneskis, is hot.

Aisha379
Apr 1, 2009, 08:35 PM
Honestly, you have a very well known character (Nova), a random (Garona), two slightly unpopular, and someone's WoW char. Who do you think will win?

That would be mine.

TOH and I were talking on MSN and he goes "I need one more user created non-PSO/PSU char for the next character battle"

I had JUST shown him that picture to show off my new helm, so I jokingly say "add my warlock".

And well...yeah...there ya go.

Funny thing, when he said "one more user created character", I kinda assumed all the other characters were...going to be as well.

So I think its safe to say she feels a little out of place.

My Warlock > Aisha's Warlock

SORRY BRAW

Not according to gear scores. Plus, you're an alliance, so you kinda lose points to begin with.

Seneskis, is hot.

QFT.

TheOneHero
Apr 3, 2009, 01:39 AM
Looks like people need to re-read the first post.

SpikeOtacon
Apr 3, 2009, 01:45 AM
Looks like people need to re-read the first post.

I'm reading it, i'm not seeing anything.