PDA

View Full Version : April Fool's Day

joefro
Apr 1, 2009, 12:33 PM
So, anyone get you? Did you get anyone?
I haven't gotten pranked yet, but I'm waiting for it. One of my teachers tried to but they failed miserably.

Vanzazikon
Apr 1, 2009, 02:16 PM
Nope.

Alnet
Apr 1, 2009, 02:17 PM
Will tell you tomorrow. It's hilarious. :wacko:

Randomness
Apr 1, 2009, 02:25 PM
Hmm... I notice that nothing strange seems to have happened on the forums. Yet.

I recall last year PSU General got turned into a mass of Hyugas/Ethans.

Maybe they'll go and PSOize everyone there this year.

Angry_Ryudo
Apr 1, 2009, 02:27 PM
Ehem, i contributed on a Forum-scale joke that no one believed XD (a PSU movie? c'mooon!).

Mysterious-G
Apr 1, 2009, 02:27 PM
Nope.

Stop with your April Fool's jokes already!

Sayara
Apr 1, 2009, 03:02 PM
I got attacked by Conflicker C!

not

Leviathan
Apr 1, 2009, 03:06 PM
My laptop got a Trojan. :disapprove:

Kent
Apr 1, 2009, 03:32 PM
My laptop got a Trojan. :disapprove:
At least now, it can practice safe interfacing.

Kylie
Apr 1, 2009, 03:44 PM
At least now, it can practice safe interfacing.
Those don't work all the time, so the best option would be to not interface at all. It's the only way.

Umm, I just made up some BS like I usually do; no one really fell for it this year. :roll:

Kent
Apr 1, 2009, 04:24 PM
Those don't work all the time, so the best option would be to not interface at all. It's the only way.
And I thought I was a prude! :lol:

Tessu
Apr 1, 2009, 04:34 PM
I despise the holiday with a passion because people overuse the jokes so terribly.

I do believe in a funny April Fool's joke, but when I hear just about EVERYTHING being followed by "hufhufhuf, APRIL FOOOOOLS!" I begin to get irked. (i.e. "Hi there Tess! How are you? I didn't sleep well last night... APRIL FOOLS!! >: D DAAAHAHAHA")

www.photobucket.com got me pretty good though. Gnomes. ._.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 1, 2009, 05:38 PM
Strangely enough, only few hours ago I realized it's April's fools.

Maybe because I didn't have to go to school (Ester Holiday week) so nobody prank'ed me.
Besides, most April's fools get over-colored to be real.

Unless you believe in "Big Lie" theory.

Tetsaru
Apr 1, 2009, 06:07 PM
I fucking HATE April Fools' Day. You can never tell when someone's trying to be serious or if they're just fucking with you, and then I end up having to be skeptical of everyone... >_>X

Kylie
Apr 1, 2009, 06:14 PM
And I thought I was a prude! :lol:Who would have guessed. :-? Me, with 80% of my signatures showing cleavage, a prude.

McLaughlin
Apr 1, 2009, 06:14 PM
Everyone in my calculus class wrote someone else's name on their test today.

Then our teacher got us back by telling us we'd get the mark of the test our name was on. >_>

Kent
Apr 1, 2009, 06:16 PM
Who would have guessed. :-? Me, with 80% of my signatures showing cleavage, a prude.
*faceplant*

Yeah, I know - weird, huh?

Whitewarrior52
Apr 1, 2009, 06:44 PM
Here's an example of a April Fool's joke gone horribly wrong.

On another forum I'm a part of, all the threads were deleted. One of the Mods went out of control. It was mass chaos until the admin locked out the forum. Now it's pretty much dead.

Weeaboolits
Apr 1, 2009, 09:17 PM
The cable company got me good by deciding to do work on the lines today without any notification, fun stuff.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 1, 2009, 09:25 PM
None of my friends even made an April Fool's joke.

Then again, we had state testing today. >______>;

Leviathan
Apr 1, 2009, 09:42 PM
Here's an example of a April Fool's joke gone horribly wrong.

On another forum I'm a part of, all the threads were deleted. One of the Mods went out of control. It was mass chaos until the admin locked out the forum. Now it's pretty much dead.

I think a really bad joke that happened was during our school news cast one of the anchors thought it would be hilarious to say that the weather girl died.

One of the teacher's family members died that day.

The other girl who said it still thinks it was funny. :disapprove:

joefro
Apr 1, 2009, 09:43 PM
I so wished this was real... http://wii.ign.com/dor/articles/968498/smash-bros-goes-hardcore-video/videos/supersmashexx_spc_jpn.html

Nitro Vordex
Apr 1, 2009, 10:38 PM
Mortal Kombat in my Smash Brothers?

Get out.

Erkthemerc
Apr 1, 2009, 11:14 PM
My Chemistry prof posted the grades for our last test before class and all grades were under 5/29, so as every one was crying he came in and said that it was all a joke and april fools!!!

Then he informed us of our real scores and let us know that the average score for the test was 16, so he is curving the test by 3 points . . . i still had a D.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 1, 2009, 11:15 PM
That sounds more like a troll'd to me.

Kent
Apr 1, 2009, 11:39 PM
This year, Blizzard did some pretty awesome ones.

A new Diablo III class (http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/archivist.xml) unveiled, the most epic of epic StarCraft II units (http://www.starcraft2.com/features/terran/terratron.xml) shown off for the first time, and a new PvP mode (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/dance/index.xml) for World of Warcraft.

My particular favorite being the Diablo III class. It's just made of awesome. Though, the WoW one gets some credit for incorporating references to both The Orange Box and No More Heroes.

Illuminate
Apr 2, 2009, 12:08 AM
I don't see that thread for Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus+ Anymore, so I figure it was all just an April Fools joke? o.o
I never got to see the conclusion of it. D<

Where'd the thread go, anyway? O.o;

The_Brimada
Apr 2, 2009, 12:11 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161287

Chuck_Norris
Apr 2, 2009, 12:11 AM
It got moved to FKL.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161287

Guess some mod figured it was an april fools joke.

Illuminate
Apr 2, 2009, 12:14 AM
o.o;
Yeah I was gonna say... what's it doing there? LOL

They shouldn't move it till they can confirm that it is...

ShuttleXpC
Apr 2, 2009, 12:20 AM
o.o;
Yeah I was gonna say... what's it doing there? LOL

They shouldn't move it till they can confirm that it is...

A supposedly "official" announcement with no official word by the web-site of the game that the update is meant for. Think about that for a second...

ShonagarACE
Apr 2, 2009, 02:03 AM
A supposedly "official" announcement with no official word by the web-site of the game that the update is meant for. Think about that for a second...

An announcement about content that EVERYONE knows is real? Even if the dates are fake, it's half a joke at best.

ShuttleXpC
Apr 2, 2009, 02:21 AM
An announcement about content that EVERYONE knows is real? Even if the dates are fake, it's half a joke at best.

The TC didn't even mention one part of the STD event, they were talking exclusively about the AoI+, so please try to keep up. The dates don't matter in any way, shape or form either. Its a lie, plain and simple. Its just a joke I know. Trying to say its partially true makes no difference. It's like me saying "Flying cars, coming next month!!" which Im sure they will make at some point in the future (mass production kinda thing), but that doesn't change the fact its not gonna happen any time soon.

Solstis
Apr 2, 2009, 08:45 AM
Bioware did one too. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dragonage/video/6207185

"He's dead! With one hand! Noooo!"

Sadly, I know more about the fake dragon age than the real one.

amtalx
Apr 2, 2009, 09:26 AM
I so wished this was real... http://wii.ign.com/dor/articles/968498/smash-bros-goes-hardcore-video/videos/supersmashexx_spc_jpn.html

Sorry. Nothing can make SSB fun. D:

Outrider
Apr 2, 2009, 10:15 AM

Really? Really?

Why would anybody ever want an uber-violent Super Smash Bros?

My particular favorite being the Diablo III class. It's just made of awesome. Though, the WoW one gets some credit for incorporating references to both The Orange Box and No More Heroes.

Diablo is not my cup of tea at all, but if the Archivist was an actual player class, I would gladly buy the game. That's amazing (plus I'm crazy about having generally non-effective people or things somehow being deadly through the magic of RPG-logic. What's that, a book's words can kill you with flashy special effects? You bet!)

I also somehow completely missed any Orange Box/NMH references. Maybe I should've spent more than ten seconds looking at them.

raikomaru40
Apr 2, 2009, 10:59 AM
Ha, oh, April Fools......last year my sister called my mom and told her she was in jail again. My mom freaked out, then was simultaneously laughing and being pissed when she found out....good stuff....

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 2, 2009, 11:24 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how gullible some people are.

If the press release looked legitimate, that's because it was basically copypasta from the official AoI press release, with changes in obvious places.

What really got me laughing was all the people claiming it couldn't be true because it was listed as a free download. Thanks guys.

ShonagarACE
Apr 2, 2009, 01:21 PM
The TC didn't even mention one part of the STD event, they were talking exclusively about the AoI+, so please try to keep up. The dates don't matter in any way, shape or form either. Its a lie, plain and simple. Its just a joke I know. Trying to say its partially true makes no difference. It's like me saying "Flying cars, coming next month!!" which Im sure they will make at some point in the future (mass production kinda thing), but that doesn't change the fact its not gonna happen any time soon.

I don't see your point. Why does it matter that the story didn't mention STD? It was about the content that JP got in their supplemental update. Which they did get. I'm not saying it was a real press release, just that pretty much everything but the dates is true. So clever joke? Yes. Complete bullshit? Not at all.

And nobody knows when it's going to happen. We could get Shred the Darkness in two weeks and this update a month after that, but with all the crying about how we NEVER get ANYTHING, you'd think it would happen in 2011. A version of the game that was released later should get content later. No big deal.

Kent
Apr 2, 2009, 01:23 PM
Diablo is not my cup of tea at all, but if the Archivist was an actual player class, I would gladly buy the game. That's amazing (plus I'm crazy about having generally non-effective people or things somehow being deadly through the magic of RPG-logic. What's that, a book's words can kill you with flashy special effects? You bet!)

I also somehow completely missed any Orange Box/NMH references. Maybe I should've spent more than ten seconds looking at them.
Quest Bolt and Lorenado are just the greatest things I've ever seen. It kinda got me hankering to reinstall FFXI and play Scholar some.

There is a screenshot featuring a dialogue radial for the Archivist class, as well - I'm wondering if anyone has pinpointed the sources for all of those phrases yet.

The Orange Box was one of the turn-in rewards in one of the screenshots - whereas in another screen shot, there's a dance troupe named "Santa Destroy Heroes."

Alecc
Apr 2, 2009, 01:27 PM
i knew this was gonna happen. Same thing happened last year. I still think they shouldnt have done it.
oh well..
anyway, it is NOT TRUE. NOT OFFICIAL. APRIL'S FOOL "JOKE".

joefro
Apr 2, 2009, 01:39 PM
Really? Really?

Why would anybody ever want an uber-violent Super Smash Bros?

It would be nice to decapitate Captain Falcon after a "Falcon Punch!!"
:wacko:

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2009, 01:46 PM
Sorry. Nothing can make SSB more fun. D:

This seems about right.

Midicronica
Apr 2, 2009, 01:54 PM
I got April fooled by the guys at Apocalypse Tribe. I went to the website and thought it got taken down or something because all I saw was a black screen along with with that annoying pop-up Firefox always does even though I have Quicktime installed.

Blitzkommando
Apr 2, 2009, 03:09 PM
I guess I was one of the few disappointed by all of the 'gags' this year. Well, that's not true, Conficker turned out to be quite the stinker. But, aside from that, nothing particularly exciting or funny.