PDA

View Full Version : Did SEGA ever fix Set In Order?

ShonagarACE
Apr 2, 2009, 11:07 PM
I know someone will be able to give me a simple yes or no answer on this. I'm assuming it's a no because everyone still uses random, but just asking to make sure because I could have missed something on one of my long breaks from PSU/forums.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 2, 2009, 11:08 PM
How can we give you a Yes or No if you don't explain the question?

The reason everyone uses Random now is because it defaults to that.

ShonagarACE
Apr 2, 2009, 11:28 PM
How can we give you a Yes or No if you don't explain the question?

The reason everyone uses Random now is because it defaults to that.

Has Set in Order been broken in more than one way? The problem with Order was that if a new person joined the party, it would start over, thus robbing the people who had not yet received an item.

With how much discussion there was about this at one point, I figured I wouldn't need to explain, sorry.

ZyphNeko
Apr 2, 2009, 11:32 PM
Sadly, no. Order is still as broken as ever. Hell, it's still horribly broken, even when a new person doesn't enter the party. I had a case where my party's item distributions were set in "Order" and player Green got three items, player Pink got one item, then player Cyan got an item, then the rest got jack. Or another case where all players except player Cyan got crap all.

It's really sad that it stays broken like this...and that no one brings this issue to Sega's attention. I don't really like Random distributions all that much (it's better than Give Finder, but still...).

Neko~

ShonagarACE
Apr 3, 2009, 12:03 AM
Sadly, no. Order is still as broken as ever. Hell, it's still horribly broken, even when a new person doesn't enter the party. I had a case where my party's item distributions were set in "Order" and player Green got three items, player Pink got one item, then player Cyan got an item, then the rest got jack. Or another case where all players except player Cyan got crap all.

It's really sad that it stays broken like this...and that no one brings this issue to Sega's attention. I don't really like Random distributions all that much (it's better than Give Finder, but still...).

Neko~

Well soon after launch I'm sure it was brought to Sega's attention, just judging by how much talk there was here and elsewhere. And I've never heard of it being as broken as what you're talking about, that's odd. I just decided to ask this because a party I was in today was using it. And I've been in several recently that were locked, and order worked like it was supposed to.

hunterseifer
Apr 3, 2009, 12:35 AM
Even if they fix it on how its suppose to work, I wouldnt use it. It would be like counting cards except alot easier, screwing other ppl over, I prefer random, thx!

On a side note, ppl will still complain on someone getting the better rare out of the whole team, so there is no real point to "set in order" when you think about it

CJ Johnny
Apr 3, 2009, 01:09 AM
Set in order.

If I remember right. This is way back. Way back....

Red=1
Green=2
Yellow=3
Blue=4
Cyan=5
Pink=6

Meaning as?

Say Green=2 left party.
Another player join and replace Green=2.
During mission Red=1 had 1 Rear item pick up.
You are Yellow=3.

You are beliving cause Green=2 had left party.
So the next Rare should be your. Right....

If so. Sorry. 'Set in order' do not work that way.

ShonagarACE
Apr 3, 2009, 01:41 AM
Set in order.

If I remember right. This is way back. Way back....

Red=1
Green=2
Yellow=3
Blue=4
Cyan=5
Pink=6

Meaning as?

Say Green=2 left party.
Another player join and replace Green=2.
During mission Red=1 had 1 Rear item pick up.
You are Yellow=3.

You are beliving cause Green=2 had left party.
So the next Rare should be your. Right....

If so. Sorry. 'Set in order' do not work that way.

This isn't really the issue. The problem with the way it worked was that in this situation it would reset and player 1 would get the next item.

Even if they fix it on how its suppose to work, I wouldnt use it. It would be like counting cards except alot easier, screwing other ppl over, I prefer random, thx!

On a side note, ppl will still complain on someone getting the better rare out of the whole team, so there is no real point to "set in order" when you think about it

If every rare is picked up then it is hard to screw people over. And it would be better in the sense of an equal number of items going to every party member.

The_Brimada
Apr 3, 2009, 02:23 AM
If every rare is picked up then it is hard to screw people over. And it would be better in the sense of an equal number of items going to every party member.

If every rare is picked up.....heh

Equal number of items, maybe.

Equal value? Hell no.

People always get screwed in on way or another.

fay
Apr 3, 2009, 06:46 AM
no i agree that if people use set in order then they must pick up all reds or none.
i say that because set in order is actually like random.
if you pick up every red item then its random to who will get the good item. no one can determine how much "junk" drops so you cant cheat people out of it
kinda like its randomly picking the next in order.

the way i always play is
rare: set in order - pick up everything way.
normal: give finder. reason for that is people get pissed when i start picking up photons etc so this way they wont get the. but yea then theres the mesata thing so i put it on random say and people still get pissed off. its a loose-loose situation really.
i try to pick give finder but if im being lazy then u=its usually on random because i cant be bothered to change the optiion :/

amtalx
Apr 3, 2009, 09:54 AM
Order was never broken, people were just butthurt about not getting what they wanted.

darkante
Apr 3, 2009, 10:30 AM
Ehh, i donīt see why people would play anything other then random?

Canīt say "Give finder" or "Set order" will give out a nice welcome either way.
That says alot already of the leader. "He is probably a booter, letīs avoid him"

If you want people to come at all, you donīt touch that button. =P

ShonagarACE
Apr 3, 2009, 01:35 PM
Order was never broken, people were just butthurt about not getting what they wanted.

You're wrong.

ShonagarACE
Apr 3, 2009, 03:28 PM
Indeed. And they prove it with every topic/post they make.

Order is still infinitely better than Random, that's all people need to know, especially if they're too stupid to understand how Order works.

So you think that the order should reset every time someone joins a party? Nobody in this thread has complained about not getting what they wanted. You're just calling people stupid to make yourself feel better.

Since this thread has served its purpose, and since the same elitists who turn every thread on these forums into a stupid argument are going to do it here too, I'm asking the next mod who happens by to lock this please. Thanks!

Dhylec
Apr 3, 2009, 04:08 PM
Closed by request.