View Full Version : ra cast! or ramar!

lubu619101
Apr 3, 2009, 10:56 PM
ok i got a lv 22 racast

i had a lv 30ramar lv 21 racast lv 27 ramar i keep switching idk wtf is up

wat is better a racast or ramar someone plz help

Ketchup345
Apr 4, 2009, 12:00 AM
Depends on play style. If you like using traps, use the RAcast/caseal. For techniques, RAmar(l).

The RAcast probably hits harder, but RAmar can use powerful guns earlier and is generally more accurate.

Please, (if you don't already have some), do realize that female characters can be a lot of fun and may offer a different style of play, which may be suited to your tastes more than the ones the males fit into easiest.

Genoa
Apr 4, 2009, 12:04 AM
This topic makes no sense.
All characters are different with their own unique set of abilities, statistics, and equipment availability.
RAmar has S/D, resta, anti, low Lv. attack techs for tagging, and higher ATA.
RAcast has higher HP, ATP, and the use of Traps.

These topics never stop popping up either

WE cannot decide what character is "better" for you, because each character plays out so differently, it's all a matter of preference.

And who said you only had to have one? They gave you 4 character slots right?

I have a HUnewearl and a HUcaseal for my Hunters. I like both of them very much.
The HUnewearl is great for soloing and supports the party very well, as where my HUcaseal has amazing ATA and EVP with the combination of traps and a nice set of unique attack animations.

Besides, you've only gotten the characters to around Lv.30.
You don't get to truly understand your characters potential until 100+, some even after 150+.

Mestermens
Apr 4, 2009, 05:16 AM
This topic makes no sense.
All characters are different with their own unique set of abilities, statistics, and equipment availability.
RAmar has S/D, resta, anti, low Lv. attack techs for tagging, and higher ATA.
RAcast has higher HP, ATP, and the use of Traps.

YES! FINALLY someone who know something about PSO!

TrueChaos
Apr 4, 2009, 05:51 AM
i'd say RAmar due to the technique ability. sure, RAcast will have higher ATP and stuff but being able to use shifta will more than make up for it, plus you have resta so won't need to worry so much about running out of mates

Genoa
Apr 4, 2009, 06:48 AM
i'd say RAmar due to the technique ability. sure, RAcast will have higher ATP and stuff but being able to use shifta will more than make up for it, plus you have resta so won't need to worry so much about running out of mates

This reply automatically assumes that you're soloing.
Even so, your trap use would make you 10x less likely to receive damage that RAmar would be taking and healing back with Resta, usually meaning your Mate usage is about as effective as RAmar's resta usage. RAmar will resta more often than RAcast will be using mates.
Assuming, As RAcast, you USE your traps, which you should because traps are amazing.

However the difference in ATA among these two...
RAmar having the most of any class, RAcast having the least of the Rangers.
But RAcast HP and ATP is insane.
RAcast is practically a HUcast with big guns.
But RAmar's small technique availability and higher ATA gives him a nice compensation.

And as Ketchup said, you'd be quite surprised at the female characters.
Without a doubt, RAmarl, by quite a bit... Is the easiest character to use. Her Lv.20 Support techs combined with 2nd highest ATA, highest EVP, and mediocre HP/ATP gives her the edge on soloing and party support.
20 S/D and J/Z? Yes plz :3

R3volver
Apr 9, 2009, 12:40 AM
RAmar can hold its own better with techniques. I think casts aren't as useful. What if you play with lower levels or something and you can't resta them or run out of telepipes when someone dies and you have no moons? I'd say just stick with RAmar for overall usefulness. I remember one time playing with my RAcaseal with some lower levels. We were fighting fallz and I was doing all the work but I had run out of mates so they were all dedicating themselves to keeping me alive while I did all the damage. It looked pretty retarded not to mention embarrassing.

psofan219
Apr 9, 2009, 12:59 AM
In my personal opinion, I'd say go with RAcast. Sure, RAmar has higher ATA and can use techs, but RAcast makes up for that loss by for:
1. Having traps,
2. Automatic HP-regen,
3. RAcasts will eventually be able to equip the same guns a RAmar can (exception of a few), AND hit harder with them. Nothing a little DEX MAG can't fix,
4. Having traps (didn't I say this already),
5. They're tanks
Sure, you have no techs, but those nifty guns you pick up can give them to you. You can hit with elemental damage (though it'd be mediocre), and plus, there's the bonus/reductions they get to certain special attacks in Ultimate. That, however, is Special K's department, as I have no clue as to what they are. That being said, I'd choose RAcast. You can also use Mylla & Youlla to patch up that S/D problem, AND have an extra 6 LVs slapped onto it (if my memory serves, Mylla & Youlla can equal a LV21 S/D, and can soar as high as 81). Anti, ha! Who needs it when you're a cast? Just put a Cure/Shock on. You can detonate all traps you see, so they're no problem, and really the only place you should get frozen on is Vol Opt V2, Gol Dragon, Dark Falz, or Sil Dragon. If you're getting frozen anywhere else... where's you distance?

darkante
Apr 9, 2009, 02:15 AM
The hard parts about these non-techniques droids are facing some of the bosses as there itīs mostly on well-preperation and some luck to survive soloing that is.

Online, it doesnīt really matter to much. =)
Play whatever is more fun.

Genoa
Apr 9, 2009, 02:45 AM
CASTs aren't the best solo characters, no, but they're excellent in a party.
I stress this all the time... but seriously...
TRAPS!!!
They're amazing and should be spammed like they're going out of style. They make life so much easier.
I'd rather have a RAmar with a cast (using RAmar for support and s/d)
Than a Force with non-casts.
It barely takes any S/D for a Cast to do exceptionally well.
Besides, when soloing, you can always use your MAG for Shifta/Deband and since you're by yourself, you can pipe back for mates whenever you need to without the pressure of teammates and your PB gauge for them and what not.

Akruta
Apr 9, 2009, 08:08 AM
TRAPS!!!
They're amazing and should be spammed like they're going out of style. They make life so much easier.

Yeah back when I first started I avoided Casts because of those. Then I palyed with my freind and because of those we got through most of the caves. However like everyone has been saying this whole topic it can't really be judged which is better. Cast like everyone else here has been saying has better stats in most departments but Ramar has techniques.

Crazyleo
Apr 9, 2009, 08:53 AM
This is just my opinion, and in no way should dictate what your opinion should be.

My personal preference between the two classes has to be the Racast. Mainly because I don't like using magic. So for me, the choice is quite simple: RACAST.

But as others may tell you, play both. No harm in doing that.

psofan219
Apr 9, 2009, 01:17 PM
Yeah, our preferences are just that... ours. If you can't decide, just play as both. Play as RAmar for a while, then RAcast, RAmar, etc. etc. Eventually you'll learn which kind of character you prefer and why.

Diargia
Apr 12, 2009, 03:34 PM
You should go with a RaMar or RaMarl first so then you can make a cast and know what you should do in what situations. Plus with you being in ultimate you can find Ranger stuff and then you can really own...

wolfe_bane
Apr 24, 2009, 07:21 PM
hmm based on this lot of stuff... i go with racast
thanks alot guys for the help k?

DarkCecil05
Apr 24, 2009, 08:21 PM
Like Special K said, personal preference. Well for me, I like blades so I usually go Hunter always. My brother loves the Ramar since he has Techs. I did fooled around with both classes and it really is a toss up. You have to pick d00d.

Crazyleo
Apr 25, 2009, 07:32 AM
I'm playing both a Ramarl and a Racast. Mainly so I can find rare weapons using 2 different IDs (Viri and Green)

DarkCecil05
Apr 25, 2009, 11:43 AM
I do need to do that. Make another profile. I am sick of being REDRIA all the time.

Ithildin
May 1, 2009, 11:04 AM
Imo, don't use either. There are tons of RAmars and RAcasts online (that is if you are planning on going online, if you aren't already). RAmarl is great for soloing and she's a decent enough support act to boot.

Genoa
May 3, 2009, 07:16 PM
I think you mean there's plenty of RAmarls online?
Actually, There's plenty of RAmars, RAcasts, and RAmarls online.
What there ISN'T a lot of is RAcaseals.
Compared statistically, yes they're a little deprived, but RA-anything is pso on easy-mode.

ApplesGosh
May 8, 2009, 03:00 PM
i only like racast, because A. no poison and that crap B.Traps!!! XD

Genoa
May 10, 2009, 10:03 PM
Poison is and only is a threat when you're starting in normal and you still don't have Anti AND ran out of Antidotes and Sol atomizers, it's hardly a threat at all.
Not being paralyzed however is handy, but still not really a Godsend, redeeming quality that casts have over non-casts.
If anything, it has to be Traps.
Attack Techs are great on normal-vhard, with certain tech-boosing gear and good amount of MST they're good on Ultimate, but Traps only get more and more useful each difficulty, and on Ultimate, they are DEFINITELY a Godsend.
But even a Cast can't solo as effectively as a human ranger (respectively)
And note, I said AS effective... Any character can solo, ESPECIALLY a Ranger in general.

Zeo_Rhend
May 16, 2009, 03:19 PM
honestly i havnt gotten into the cast fever yet. i still like my spells. BUT if u allready have an ATA boosting mag or some g/arm. dude. racast with pwn crap. but if ur like me. and collect materials. the humans win. 125 for heatl 125 for tp and 250 spread among the rest. can make a human a tank for damage. but the casts lack multiple health resources. which is only lame in offline single. if ur in a party. cast= party leader for a reason! he will dominate with a simple humar even healing. lol. but i must agree with special k ( seems very intelligent person. ) traps in ult. WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE. those freeze trap with make u want to make em breakfast in the AM. and the confuzion traps. distracts ur enemy while you put down the law on the poor ragol creatures from hell