PDA

View Full Version : Smoke.

Leviathan
Apr 4, 2009, 11:18 PM
I'm not bothered by it, but would it kill you to NOT blow it in my general direction or in some cases my face? :(

beatrixkiddo
Apr 4, 2009, 11:20 PM
http://image1.clips4sale.com/accounts8/22123/clip_images/smoking_tease_2.jpg

Gunslinger-08
Apr 5, 2009, 12:30 AM
Smoking.

Making hot girls unattractive since 5000 BC.

Leviathan
Apr 5, 2009, 12:35 AM
To be honest; she was never hot to begin with.

Kard
Apr 5, 2009, 12:43 AM
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/games/umk3/smoke/bio.gif
Sorry.

Though to be honest, his aggressive stance exemplifies exactly what I'd like to do to the next smoker I come across who tries to infect me with their black-lung.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 5, 2009, 01:13 AM
I don't really care if people don't smoke around me, but I do agree with the whole blow it somewhere else thing.

The patented rubber face of generous smokers.

AlexCraig
Apr 5, 2009, 01:16 AM
I can't stand smoke, unless it is by a campfire or grill.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 5, 2009, 01:18 AM
The patented rubber face of generous smokers.

It's kind of an unspoken rule (being a smoker, myself) that you specifically avoid blowing the smoke in someone's face, even if it requires a bizarre facial contortion, of which you speak. To do otherwise, either means that you absolutely don't know what you're doing (therefore demonstrating your immaturity in this fashion), or you're just generally a horribly obnoxious person (thus demonstrating your immaturity in a completely different fashion). Either way, "rude" is too passive a term to describe it, and "insult" is too mild.

Randomness
Apr 5, 2009, 01:22 AM
I can't stand smoke, unless it is by a campfire or grill.

I can't stand it even then. I never seem to be upwind of it. Well, for wood smoke.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 5, 2009, 01:22 AM
How about "prick"?

Tetsaru
Apr 5, 2009, 02:23 AM
I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke... it always makes me choke up when I'm just in the general vicinity of it, and I have horrible nasal allergies... >_<

Personally, I'm glad to see tobacco products getting taxed heavily. I don't see why people use that stuff anyway... because it gives them a buzz, and helps them lose weight?? Yeah, and it'll give you horrible breath, flush and wrinkle the skin on your face, and take about 10-15 years off of your life after you've contracted some form of cancer from all the nasty shit they put in those things, and start having to breathe through a hole in your neck. It's not sexy or attractive at all... >_<

Now if there's a barbecue or some kind of good cooking going on... that kinda smoke usually smells pretty good. :3

Nitro Vordex
Apr 5, 2009, 02:26 AM
The hole in the neck is for the chronic/chain smokers.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 5, 2009, 11:31 AM
To be honest; she was never hot to begin with.

I wasn't referring to that chick in bea's post, btw.
I'm just referring to a sad truth I see everywhere.

Sayara
Apr 5, 2009, 11:50 AM
You grow use to it.

2nd hand smoker since 1990

Itachi1990
Apr 5, 2009, 12:12 PM
take about 10-15 years off of your life
Who wants to be 90 anyway =P
Im a smoker I try not to blow smoke at anyone but its kinda hard in new york city but people should be used to it anyway.Only people that get pissed of are tourists but everyone hates them anyway lol.

Kent
Apr 5, 2009, 02:25 PM
Only people that get pissed of are tourists but everyone hates them anyway lol.
...Not quite.

Some people have breathing complications that arise when exposed to cigarette smoke that may be otherwise nonexistant. I think they have the right to be angry at someone for smoking near them - but given the benefit of the doubt, said smoker probably doesn't know of the person's condition and has no malicious intent toward them.

I'm quite glad there's a no smoking law in effect in Minnesota. I don't really have to be all that wary of a random smoker inadvertently triggering something similar to an asthma attack. :/

Outrider
Apr 5, 2009, 02:36 PM
Who wants to be 90 anyway =P
Im a smoker I try not to blow smoke at anyone but its kinda hard in new york city but people should be used to it anyway.Only people that get pissed of are tourists but everyone hates them anyway lol.

What NYC do you live in where people won't give you crap for smoking around them?

Kylie
Apr 5, 2009, 02:46 PM
Short, but to the point. :wacko: I never understood how smoking makes you cooler.

DreXxiN
Apr 5, 2009, 02:56 PM
Surprisingly enough, most things that are self-inflictive of harm are cool to little kids these days.

Kent
Apr 5, 2009, 04:36 PM
Surprisingly enough, most things that are self-inflictive of harm are cool to little kids these days.
Right. Like razors and emo music and high school attendance.

Leviathan
Apr 5, 2009, 04:48 PM
It's funny, because where I live most restaurants ban smoking from 50-100 ft away from the building.

But they are always smoke in the train stations where there are lots of kids around.

amtalx
Apr 5, 2009, 09:23 PM
I don't find it particularly unattractive, but the smell gets in your clothes and that's a bit of a killer for me. When I was in college I used to smoke during mid-terms/finals, but mostly as a stress reliever and a reason to socialize with the other people outside.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 6, 2009, 01:07 PM
I never understood how smoking makes you cooler.

That's because it doesn't, and you are clearly a discerning person. "Because it makes me cool" is the wrong reason to do anything. There is some misconception that smoking implies maturity, which apparently invokes a hansom quantity of "cool".

If one smokes for any reasons outside of relaxation (whether it's relieving stress, or simply unwinding), or as a medium conducive to socializing, then that person is doing it wrong. There is a case to be made for simply enjoying a fine tobacco, though it's not clear to me that this justifies constant use.

DreXxiN
Apr 6, 2009, 01:09 PM
People smoking cigarettes are "doing it wrong" regardless.

Inazuma
Apr 6, 2009, 01:34 PM
smoking has got to be one of the worst methods of suicide. its slow and it affects everyone around you. just shoot yourself in the head w/ a gun or slit you wrists instead, please. people who smoke around others are total assholes, plain and simple. just b/c you dont care about your own health, doesnt make it ok to affect other people's heath.

and the smell! there is a public restroom here that sometimes reeks of smoke. god, that pisses me off. and the smell never gets out of your clothes or things in the house. and since smokers dont care about anything, they see no problem w/ littering. i see cigarette butts on the ground all the time.

you know whats really funny to see? smokers in the hospital. what an oxymoron. do you care about your health or not? make up your damn mind.

taxing cigarettes is great but i think they should raise them even higher. i think for a $5 pack of cigarettes, a $35 dollar tax sounds about right. put that money towards taking care of victims of 2nd hand smoke.

darkante
Apr 6, 2009, 01:45 PM
Iīm not a smoker, but my whole damned family smokes.
Strangely, i donīt have a one bit of urge to try either.

Kent
Apr 6, 2009, 01:47 PM
Urgh.

Feh, I can't resist.

If one smokes for any reasons outside of relaxation (whether it's relieving stress, or simply unwinding), or as a medium conducive to socializing, then that person is doing it wrong.
Fix'd.

And I apologize for not really contributing to the discussion in this post. :/

There are much better and healthier (both mentally and physically) ways to relieve stress, relax, unwind, and socialize. In all honesty, I don't see how it's possible to justify smoking outside of taking the most passive-aggressive approach possible to suicide.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 6, 2009, 02:07 PM
There are much better and healthier (both mentally and physically) ways to relieve stress, relax, unwind, and socialize. In all honesty, I don't see how it's possible to justify smoking outside of taking the most passive-aggressive approach possible to suicide.

Simply enough, smoking is pleasurable. Nicotine is a depressant, forcing you to relax. There is certain etiquette to consider, of course; one should consider the welfare of others in everything they do. As for the inevitability of death due to smoking, it's worth considering that refraining from smoking will not contribute to eternal life. Good health should not come at the cost of your quality of life. If stepping outside to have a smoke from time to time improves your life, then by all means do so. If you find that it does not, then by all means, refrain from it. It's really a matter of personal preference.

Kent
Apr 6, 2009, 02:25 PM
Nobody is arguing that not smoking will contribute to eternal life - such a thing is just a silly concept all together.

...It's about mitigation of detrimental things. It stands to reason that there are activities or methods that are less detrimental to your overall well-being (physically) that can be of equal (or greater) contribution to your mental well-being. Thusly, when such an option is discovered, then it is always a better choice than smoking.

Rust
Apr 6, 2009, 09:49 PM
I'd tend to say it's people's problem if they wanna smoke and have rotten lungs, but the thing is that, while I don't care about people drinking a lot as long as I don't have to myself, smokers, on the other hand, are emitting displeasing stenchs that assail my nostrils.

I can't stand cigarette smoke. The smell is horrible, it makes my throat all sore (yeah, just by breathing it), and my eyes get irritated in no time... Weed has no effect on me though.
And oddly enough, I love the smell of fuel in gas stations. <_<

Nitro Vordex
Apr 6, 2009, 09:54 PM
and the smell! there is a high school restroom here that sometimes reeks of smoke.
Fix'd.

Vanzazikon
Apr 6, 2009, 11:41 PM
I don't mind others smoking around me, but I take great offense when someone intentionally blow smoke in my face or in front of me. The smell of cigarette is really annoying, although I don't suffer from any respritory problems, I know that every time I take a whiff of the smoke, It slowly debilitates my health and that's enough for me to get irritated from it.

My little brother started smoking, which has it's hypocrisy as he once told me that smoking is really bad for your health and he would never become a smoker. I am a bit infuriated but mostly aggrieved that he chose this path. And worse was the fact that I could not try to dissuade him from smoking because he smoked behind my back. I asked him why and the reason he gave was "because it helps me sleep." I could tell that wasn't the real answer. My brother was always in stress because he was in danger of failing his courses in High School. I believed he smoked to alleviate those stress that had been afflicted upon him during his troubles. Another theory I have is that he became a victim of conformity. All his friends smoked and probably he wanted to smoke too or he was pressured.

He says he'll quit in the future, but I know it'll be a hard thing to do. I can only lend him support.

UnderscoreX
Apr 7, 2009, 10:26 AM
You grow use to it.

2nd hand smoker since 1990

Word.

My coach would kill me if I smoked, so I've never tried but there are smokers every where around here so you eventually get used to it.

Zyrusticae
Apr 7, 2009, 12:20 PM
I can't stand cigarette smoke. The smell is horrible, it makes my throat all sore (yeah, just by breathing it), and my eyes get irritated in no time... Weed has no effect on me though.
And oddly enough, I love the smell of fuel in gas stations. <_<

QFT. Yes, all of it.

Weed is actually less detrimental to your health, but it's illegal where tobacco is not. Sigh. If only it were reversed, then I wouldn't have to complain. (At least weed's second hand smoke doesn't choke, dammit!)

jkrox4eva
Apr 8, 2009, 08:39 PM
well, i hate cigarettes and the way they smell, what they do to your health and all that nonsense. i'm an avid traceur and gymnast, but i do smoke weed occasionally, about twice a month at max. i don't do it to be cool, its usually with a couple of friends and the experience just keeps me calm. ever since i started i've went from mostly all F's in school to being in honor roll 2 years in a row. :)

but its the persons decision and how they want to live their life, not how someone else tells them to do it.

Aeris
Apr 8, 2009, 11:23 PM
I can't stand smoking since i can get sinus problems and it messes up my eyes, reminds me one time a friend of mine was taking me to Votech class because i missed the bus to go to it and her dad was smoking in the car with the windows up and i couldn't breathe much and i was coughing a lot like i want to get out and get some fresh air fast because of that :disapprove:.

BlaizeYES
Apr 10, 2009, 12:07 PM
i am a smoker, but i'll have the courtesy to go outside of someone's place to smoke a cigarette, rather than get that stench caught in their apartment if they are non-smokers. alot of people are the same way.

and really, when i was little, i used to think, "why smoke cigarettes? i dont get it, it isnt like it gets you fucked up. you just get addicted and theres no real benefits." but jesus, even the first cigarette i ever smoked, it was like time slowed down, and i had reached full consciousness for the first time. it has stuck with me since, when i vowed as a kid that was the one thing i'd NEVER do... smoke cigarettes. its just been the best love affair with a drug i've ever had, so why stop something that doesnt slow me down, only makes me sharper? because i'll die earlier? so be it. because its going to make me look gross in another 20 years? i still cover my tracks for "smoking side effects" for vanity purposes, so im alright

darkante
Apr 10, 2009, 01:54 PM
Well, i canīt vote for that. But if you can stay away as itīs unhealthy then do it.

Itīs funny, my parents always said that to me and my siblings.
But they donīt listen.

AC9breaker
Apr 10, 2009, 04:47 PM
Worst part about living in New Jersey is no smoking in Public Buildings. So now it's better to just buy the beer and chill at a friends backyard or something. On the upside though you save a lot more money.

Kent
Apr 10, 2009, 10:56 PM
...That's the worst part about living in New Jersey?

AC9breaker
Apr 11, 2009, 04:17 PM
...That's the worst part about living in New Jersey?

Sorry forgot to add. Camden.

Shinko
Apr 13, 2009, 12:23 PM
I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke... it always makes me choke up when I'm just in the general vicinity of it, and I have horrible nasal allergies... >_<

Personally, I'm glad to see tobacco products getting taxed heavily. I don't see why people use that stuff anyway... because it gives them a buzz, and helps them lose weight?? Yeah, and it'll give you horrible breath, flush and wrinkle the skin on your face, and take about 10-15 years off of your life after you've contracted some form of cancer from all the nasty shit they put in those things, and start having to breathe through a hole in your neck. It's not sexy or attractive at all... >_<

Now if there's a barbecue or some kind of good cooking going on... that kinda smoke usually smells pretty good. :3

I so agree with this 100% I can't stand cigarette smoke (or weed) and i hate when people smoke it around me. And I am glad they got taxed too. Then you have some saying stop complaining it can't kill you. And I'm like... what the hell? Second hand smoke can kill. And if your are smoking in front of me at least blow it the other way. People can be such assholes.

I personally think that smoker shouldn't be able to smoke in public places. Because it can cause health problems and sometimes death to other who never smoked....

smoking has got to be one of the worst methods of suicide. its slow and it affects everyone around you. just shoot yourself in the head w/ a gun or slit you wrists instead, please. people who smoke around others are total assholes, plain and simple. just b/c you dont care about your own health, doesnt make it ok to affect other people's heath.

and the smell! there is a public restroom here that sometimes reeks of smoke. god, that pisses me off. and the smell never gets out of your clothes or things in the house. and since smokers dont care about anything, they see no problem w/ littering. i see cigarette butts on the ground all the time.

you know whats really funny to see? smokers in the hospital. what an oxymoron. do you care about your health or not? make up your damn mind.

taxing cigarettes is great but i think they should raise them even higher. i think for a $5 pack of cigarettes, a $35 dollar tax sounds about right. put that money towards taking care of victims of 2nd hand smoke.

Ah man i couldn't agree with you more about this. I couldn't have said it better. You pretty much summed it up.

It should be a crime to smoke around non smokers. It just don't seem fair that someone dies of 2nd hand smoke because of a careless smoker. Its like that person killed you and got a way with it. It just not fair. And you always here people say it rare for you to die from 2nd hand smoke and i'm like do you people read up on this stuff. No they're to busy smoking more and just not giving a f***.

Volcompat321
Apr 13, 2009, 05:05 PM
im not a smoker, i smoke when i am fucked up drunk, which is not often, but its nothing about being cool, and i really dont know why i smoke when im drunk, but it makes you drink more i believe, which when your drunk, all you want to do is drink more until you puke lol. other than me being drunk, i absolutley hate smoking. i have many friends that smoke and i got used to it, as much as i can. either way, smoking has been around for thousands of years, and will most likely be til the end of earth. id hate to say this, but get used to it.

Powder Keg
Apr 13, 2009, 08:46 PM
http://image1.clips4sale.com/accounts8/22123/clip_images/smoking_tease_2.jpg

...is this a dude?

Nitro Vordex
Apr 13, 2009, 09:05 PM
@Shinko: So you think the people who choose to kill themselves slowly should get more punishment? Man, fuck you. Don't make it a crime. You do realize, that you people who hate smoke could just, oh I don't know.

MOVE?

Seriously, quit getting all uppity about stupid things like smoking. I don't think they should have been taxed, because those people just want to support a habit. Let them, I say. Second hand smoke ain't that bad people.

Volcompat321
Apr 13, 2009, 09:52 PM
@Shinko: So you think the people who choose to kill themselves slowly should get more punishment? Man, fuck you. Don't make it a crime. You do realize, that you people who hate smoke could just, oh I don't know.

MOVE?

Seriously, quit getting all uppity about stupid things like smoking. I don't think they should have been taxed, because those people just want to support a habit. Let them, I say. Second hand smoke ain't that bad people.

i agree with 99% of your post...all up to the " second hand smoke ain't that bad people" cause really, its been proven that second hand smoke is worse than actually smoking...how? i dont know how, but someone somewhere says its that way.

and this:-
Third-hand smoke
In the mid 2000's, some researchers began focusing on "third-hand smoke"—that is, the odoriferous residue left on surfaces and clothing from smoking.[38] They found that this residue contains many of the same toxic chemicals found in second-hand smoke, and that exposure to these smoke residues led to elevated levels of nicotine and nicotine byproducts in infants.[39][40] The magnitude of epidemiologic risk posed by third-hand smoke is currently unknown

i say lol to....wtf...third-hand smoke. haha i mean really? i know there is "residue" on things such as clothing, but....third-hand smoke...

Nitro Vordex
Apr 13, 2009, 10:18 PM
Cool Wikipedia article bro.

Lance813
Apr 13, 2009, 10:25 PM

Oh, so I am an asshole. Yet, you have never met me. Can you explain that to me? Can you, honestly, prove that in any way, shape, or form I am a degenerate fuck?

I don't think so.

I respect the health of others more than I respect the heath of myself, I never smoke around others unless they don't care or they are smokers themselves. Hell, I don't want to live a day past 70.

Now I will tell you what is fucked up. You telling me to go kill myself? The world would be a better place without children like you who think they are 'holier than thou'. You call it suicide, but I call it something to ease my mind or kill the time. Its not like every smoker goes through 5 packs of cigarettes in a day and then deposits their filters on the sidewalk, granted some will. What you are doing is highly offensive and equivalent to saying that every white person is a hick, every black man likes fried chicken, or that every German is a Nazi.

You think the world would be a better place with out smokers? You think the govt should raise taxes on cigarette?

It sounds like you have some serious repressed anger, I suggest you go to a therapist and get that checked out. Or better yet!

You could calm yourself down with a cigarette...

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/cattyCANABIS/get%20high/marlboro_red.jpg

Smoke?

Nitro Vordex
Apr 13, 2009, 10:32 PM
Oh god Marlboros those smell disgusting Preach on!

Shattered_weasel
Apr 13, 2009, 10:38 PM
This holier than thou attitude is like the ending of the South Park Museum of tolerance.

Lance813
Apr 13, 2009, 10:40 PM
This holier than thou attitude is like the ending of the South Park Museum of tolerance.

I've never seen that one. Ohh, the one with the midget?

Oh god Marlboros those smell disgusting Preach on!

That's what I smoke, and honestly. I prefer them over anything else, I like the way they smell.

Scejntjynahl
Apr 13, 2009, 10:54 PM
It's kind of an unspoken rule (being a smoker, myself) that you specifically avoid blowing the smoke in someone's face, even if it requires a bizarre facial contortion, of which you speak. To do otherwise, either means that you absolutely don't know what you're doing (therefore demonstrating your immaturity in this fashion), or you're just generally a horribly obnoxious person (thus demonstrating your immaturity in a completely different fashion). Either way, "rude" is too passive a term to describe it, and "insult" is too mild.

But some circumstances in life should really make you reconsider smoking at all. *hint hint*

Rust
Apr 13, 2009, 10:55 PM

MOVE?

If I'm standing at some place with nobody around, and someone shows up and start blowing up a smoke next to me, he just have to GTFO.
I was there before, therefore I claim the territory and the air that is coming along with it. First arrived, first served, I'm not the one who gotta move.

Lance813
Apr 13, 2009, 10:59 PM
Then tell them to GTFO?

What random person would just walk up to you and blow smoke in your general direction? There is a difference between smokers and assholes you know. Dicks will be dicks. Anyone over the age of 10 should know that.

Shattered_weasel
Apr 14, 2009, 01:00 AM
I've never seen that one. Ohh, the one with the midget?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oNExTAw3ng

Ignore the what the dumbass is saying.

DreXxiN
Apr 14, 2009, 01:02 AM
@Shinko: So you think the people who choose to kill themselves slowly should get more punishment?

Precisely, stupid fuckers had it coming to them.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 14, 2009, 01:18 AM
Well if they choose to kill themselves, let them. No need to make it any worse. If anything, that just makes you sound like an asshole.

But back to the way original topic, I don't think I've had anyone just randomly blow smoke in my face.

...No wait, I lied. I had one of my "friends" (I use that term loosely as it wasn't one of the best parts of my life) who was smoking after school and he kinda just let the smoke drift toward me while he said something.

I casually reached up and pulled the cigarette out of his mouth and dropped it.

That's what I smoke, and honestly. I prefer them over anything else, I like the way they smell.
I don't personally smoke myself, but I do come from a family of smokers. (Mom and dad down anyway. Brother does too, but he smokes the other stuff mostly.) That being said, I've gotten used to cigarette smells and actually identify cigarettes by the smell of their smoke. Marlboro just smells really harsh to me. My mom smokes Misty's, which just smell like air, really. Sure it's smoke, but it's not as much:wacko: My brother used to smoke, uh...Camels. Turkish Silvers if I recall correctly. I think that's the cigarette smoke that I don't mind the least, it's still smoke obviously, but it doesn't smell as bad.

Rust
Apr 14, 2009, 08:18 AM
Then tell them to GTFO?

What random person would just walk up to you and blow smoke in your general direction? There is a difference between smokers and assholes you know. Dicks will be dicks. Anyone over the age of 10 should know that.

Hum, you're making generalities as well you know.
It's not because I can't bear smoke that I think all smokers are dumb assholes. I wouldn't have friends who smoke otherwise. They just respect me enough to open the window of their apartment so the smoke goes away because they know that triggers some kind of allergies to me (and also because being in that state of health raises dramatically my aggressivity level :wacko:).
Only those who smoke weed don't, because it doesn't affect me at all, and I even happen to like the smell ; well, they end up opening the window when the smoke in the room turned into some piece of solid fog.

I don't mind smokers when they respect other people.
You'd be surprised how many smokers in France are complete assholes. They smoke in public places where it's officially forbidden (law) to smoke, and when you ask them to stop smoking because they're not supposed to do so here and that's bothering people around, you get yelled at and insulted like if you came there and kicked the guy/girl in the chest for no reason.
I always ask kindly to such people to move or stop blowing their smoke in those situations. If the answer is negative, I ask again, with no form of respect this time. If it's still a 'no', then here comes the tazzer.

CelestialBlade
Apr 14, 2009, 10:22 AM
I won't try to judge anyone's lifestyle here (though I think smoking is a pretty dumb way of stress-relief when there's so many other alternatives that are both safer for the user and unobtrusive to others, personally) but I will say that the smell of it really disgusts me. Living in a house where both my parents each smoked two packs a day, you'd think I'd be used to it, but I think it's just made me more sensitive to it.

And, really, yellow-stained walls and ceilings? Not cool.

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 12:03 PM
Oh, so I am an asshole. Yet, you have never met me. Can you explain that to me? Can you, honestly, prove that in any way, shape, or form I am a degenerate fuck?

I don't think so.

I respect the health of others more than I respect the heath of myself, I never smoke around others unless they don't care or they are smokers themselves. Hell, I don't want to live a day past 70.

Now I will tell you what is fucked up. You telling me to go kill myself? The world would be a better place without children like you who think they are 'holier than thou'. You call it suicide, but I call it something to ease my mind or kill the time. Its not like every smoker goes through 5 packs of cigarettes in a day and then deposits their filters on the sidewalk, granted some will. What you are doing is highly offensive and equivalent to saying that every white person is a hick, every black man likes fried chicken, or that every German is a Nazi.

You think the world would be a better place with out smokers? You think the govt should raise taxes on cigarette?

It sounds like you have some serious repressed anger, I suggest you go to a therapist and get that checked out. Or better yet!

You could calm yourself down with a cigarette...

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/cattyCANABIS/get%20high/marlboro_red.jpg

Smoke?

go read my post again. the main reason i think smokers are assholes is b/c they smoke around others. same thing w/ smoking in the restroom, b/c the smell stays in there for hours. and lastly, throwing cigarette butts all over the ground.

if you are different and are actually considerate of others, then i dont have a problem w/ you. but you must understand that most smokers arent as nice as you.

i believe very strongly in freedom, as long as you arent doing harm to others. you wanna punch yourself in the face when you are home alone? knock yourself out. but dont be punching others in the face, please.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 12:23 PM
I think you need to go read your post again. You just contradicted yourself. You said absolutely nothing about if they are considerate or not, you branded the whole smoking populating as a group of suicidal teenagers.

You say you believe in my freedom as a smoker, yet in your last post you said that I should have to pay 40 dollars for a pack of cigarettes. (I thought that was funny, and very fanatical)

Look at it this way... Why aren't you bitching about alcohol? Its effects are WAY WORSE than second hand cigarette smoke. If any of you take up stand against alcohol the same way you are going about this whole cigarette business, you are either a very sheltered fourteen year old or a hypocritical person you thinks they know what they are talking about. Granted alcohol is bad for you, people still drink. Answer this question, then we can talk like mature adults about why cigarettes are bad: What kills more people (list these in order) Alcohol, Smoke, or Crime?

(Mine may or may not be different because i live 20 miles south of Detroit, the biggest shit-hole on earth)

CrimsomWolf
Apr 14, 2009, 12:33 PM
However, if person standing directly in front of you is drinking beer, you ain't gonna get breathing problems, now will you?
All in all somebody's alcohol breath is not as damge dealing as smoke puff at the face.

I complain about smokers, but it's them wasting money not me.Look at this from that point: "I never accepted a cigarette though never really told anyone to GTFO because they're smoking near me (and I'm staunch anti-smoker.) All I'd like is to stop trying to get me smoking or blow smoke near my face." And believe me, after some time after smelling this second-hand shit, you want to rip off the guys head. With the goddammned spine.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 12:42 PM
That is true. I don't offer people cigarettes unless I know them and they smoke. I agree 100% that it is wrong for people to come up to you and smoke right next to you. You should have the right to rip their spine out. haha. :wacko:

The whole alcohol thing was aimed in another direction, granted in that situation you just may get hit on, hah. Alcohol is a way to kill yourself if people want to nit-pick. Alcohol takes more lives in a month than smoking does in a day or two. The fucked up thing is, only people who smoke for an extended time will die. With alcohol it could be your first sip that kills you. Yet, people drink.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 14, 2009, 12:45 PM
Some people will always have a self-destructive streak, however small.
I say let them be.
However, I'd appreciate if they won't take me with them. :wacko:

I know that there's a good amount of people who try to maintain some "culture" when smoking. But there's an awful lot who don't too.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
*Note to self... Don't smoke around Crimsom*
Haha.

Yeah, it is sad to see most of the population of smokers make total fools about themselves, but here is what I say, "People are going to do what they want, let them. I am my own person and I act in a humane way." I'm a nice guy that just happens to smoke, those assholes you know are assholes. We are different people, why call us smokers? Call him a dick and me a friend. Its as simple as that. I'm not hurting you right now, yet I'm smoking while I type this.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 14, 2009, 12:56 PM
But that's because we're protected by Atlantic Ocean. And even if you're next door, that's half a meter wall of concrete and air currents (living on sixth floor). :wacko:

In worst kind scenario, when smoker will flood my school, I'm gonna buy a gas mask. Always wanted one anyway.

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 12:58 PM
I think you need to go read your post again. You just contradicted yourself. You said absolutely nothing about if they are considerate or not, you branded the whole smoking populating as a group of suicidal teenagers.

You say you believe in my freedom as a smoker, yet in your last post you said that I should have to pay 40 dollars for a pack of cigarettes. (I thought that was funny, and very fanatical)

Look at it this way... Why aren't you bitching about alcohol? Its effects are WAY WORSE than second hand cigarette smoke. If any of you take up stand against alcohol the same way you are going about this whole cigarette business, you are either a very sheltered fourteen year old or a hypocritical person you thinks they know what they are talking about. Granted alcohol is bad for you, people still drink. Answer this question, then we can talk like mature adults about why cigarettes are bad: What kills more people (list these in order) Alcohol, Smoke, or Crime?

(Mine may or may not be different because i live 20 miles south of Detroit, the biggest shit-hole on earth)

all im trying to say is dont do things that harm others. it doesnt matter if its w/ smoking or drunk driving. it doesnt matter if its small or big, its not right. i dont like hearing you making excuses. it doesnt matter if there are things worse than smoking. it doesnt change the fact that smoking is still bad.

smoking is unhealthy. its been proven many times and we both know it. you can try to defend it all you want but it will always be unhealthy.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 01:03 PM
all im trying to say is dont do things that harm others. it doesnt matter if its w/ smoking or drunk driving. it doesnt matter if its small or big, its not right. i dont like hearing you making excuses. it doesnt matter if there are things worse than smoking. it doesnt change the fact that smoking is still bad.

smoking is unhealthy. its been proven many times and we both know it. you can try to defend it all you want but it will always be unhealthy.

Oh hell, I'm not defending it, smoking isn't going to kill me today nor tomorrow, maybe in 50 years. Haha. Me making excuses? Didn't you just say I had the freedom to smoke?

You know what I don't like hearing? You contradicting yourself... ;o

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 01:13 PM
Oh hell, I'm not defending it, smoking isn't going to kill me today nor tomorrow, maybe in 50 years. Haha. Me making excuses? Didn't you just say I had the freedom to smoke?

You know what I don't like hearing? You contradicting yourself... ;o

i think we should have the freedom to harm ourselves and make bad decisions if we want. its only a problem if it harms others. im not contradicting myself at all.

also, just b/c smoking doesnt kill people quickly, doesnt make it ok. you could say the same thing about being overweight. personally, i think being alive is better than being dead but to each their own.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 01:23 PM
Face it bud, we all die. I'm not harming others, you're complaining to the wrong person. If you want someone to bitch at in a childish way by saying "its bad" or "your gonna die" go find the person that made you this way by smoking around you. You should just quit while your ahead.

So if someones overweight they should die also? Because it is "a way of committing a slow suicide." Try telling someone who can't help the fact that they are overweight that. Do you really think they can help it. (granted most overweight people could run a few miles...) obesity in some groups of humans is genetics, but in others its sheer laziness.

So because a person is 'fat' they should kill themselves, right? Is that what you are honestly trying to say?

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 01:40 PM
Face it bud, we all die. I'm not harming others, you're complaining to the wrong person. If you want someone to bitch at in a childish way by saying "its bad" or "your gonna die" go find the person that made you this way by smoking around you. You should just quit while your ahead.

So if someones overweight they should die also? Because it is "a way of committing a slow suicide." Try telling someone who can't help the fact that they are overweight that. Do you really think they can help it. (granted most overweight people could run a few miles...) obesity in some groups of humans is genetics, but in others its sheer laziness.

So because a person is 'fat' they should kill themselves, right? Is that what you are honestly trying to say?

we all die eventually but why would you go out of your way to speed up the process? only a very small percentage of people who are overweight are that way b/c of things out of their control, such as genes. for the vast majority, its their own ignorance. i dont think they should die for it, but they are risking death by being that way. unlike most people, i dont live in a fantasy land where being fat is perfectly acceptable. i live on earth where being fat can mean an early death and a difficult life in general.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 01:56 PM
I'm not going out of my way to die. I'm going to the gas station on my way to work, haha.

What about the little obese children you see everyday? Can they help it? Their parents force food down their throats to get them to shut up most of the time.

You live on an Earth were cigarettes are 5-6 dollars to the pack, and populations of people can't go a day with out one. Yet, we should all die because of an addiction. Unless you keep changing your story on me that is...

Vanzazikon
Apr 14, 2009, 02:01 PM
unlike most people, i dont live in a fantasy land where being fat is perfectly acceptable. i live on earth where being fat can mean an early death and a difficult life in general.So being fat and having a probable early death and difficult life is unacceptable to you? Why?

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 02:06 PM
I'm not going out of my way to die. I'm going to the gas station on my way to work, haha.

What about the little obese children you see everyday? Can they help it? Their parents force food down their throats to get them to shut up most of the time.

You live on an Earth were cigarettes are 5-6 dollars to the pack, and populations of people can't go a day with out one. Yet, we should all die because of an addiction. Unless you keep changing your story on me that is...

i dont think people should die from smoking or being fat, but they do die from them. i do think shooting yourself in the head w/ a gun would be a more efficient method of suicide, however. smoking is a very lazy, half ass way to do it.

while we're on the subject. whats your height and weight?

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 02:09 PM
So being fat and having a probable early death and difficult life is unacceptable to you? Why?

you are seriously asking me this? i have to explain why i think an early death and having a difficult life are a bad thing? give me a break.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 02:13 PM
Who said I'm committing suicide? Kevorkian doesn't make cigarettes, and I can quit once I feel like it.

I am a 5 foot 7 inch tall Caucasian male who weighs 135 lbs. Was active all throughout high school and still am to this day, I've wrestled freestyle for the past 12 years, and practice 5 times a week. Oh, i smoke about 3-4 packs a week. Just in case you were wondering about that also...

There's my info. Now tell me how healthy you are.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 14, 2009, 02:14 PM
you are seriously asking me this? i have to explain why i think an early death and having a difficult life are a bad thing? give me a break.

Look, some people choose to be like this.
It's all nice and well having all that morals and ideals, but world doesn't work that way.

Before you start spewing that all goody good greater-good, you'd might want to change current society. Otherwise, as we've seen, there's no way they'll listen.

Which reminds me, why do we have to agree to your ideas of good and bad?
If I want to die a horrible death, It's my way and my choice, and you can do a proverbial shit about it.

Vanzazikon
Apr 14, 2009, 02:15 PM
you are seriously asking me this? i have to explain why i think an early death and having a difficult life are a bad thing? give me a break.I didn't say "bad thing", I said unacceptable. Isn't that what you stated?

And yes, if you find something unacceptable there has to be a reason.

Besides, weren't you the same person who said "yep, question me too" Hmmm?

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah, it is kind of an asshole thing to tell people what they should do with their lives. Like telling me I'm better off shooting myself in the head, or cutting my wrists.

I think its unacceptable to be a condescending person.

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 02:38 PM
Who said I'm committing suicide? Kevorkian doesn't make cigarettes, and I can quit once I feel like it.

I am a 5 foot 7 inch tall Caucasian male who weighs 135 lbs. Was active all throughout high school and still am to this day, I've wrestled freestyle for the past 12 years, and practice 5 times a week. Oh, i smoke about 3-4 packs a week. Just in case you were wondering about that also...

There's my info. Now tell me how healthy you are.

ok good. you arent fat. it sounds like you agree w/ me that being fat is unhealthy so you put in the effort to stay in shape.

as for me, i am a 6 foot tall white male who weighs 175 lbs. i was very athletic most of my life, mostly running/ddr/tennis. nowadays i only play tennis a few times a month but i do some light exercise most days to stay in decent shape. usually once or twice a week i will go nuts playing ddr. now that im a little older (26) ive noticed my metabolism has slowed down so i have to be careful not to gain weight. as you know, i spend a lot of time sitting at the computer.

Look, some people choose to be like this.
It's all nice and well having all that morals and ideals, but world doesn't work that way.

Before you start spewing that all goody good greater-good, you'd might want to change current society. Otherwise, as we've seen, there's no way they'll listen.

Which reminds me, why do we have to agree to your ideas of good and bad?
If I want to die a horrible death, It's my way and my choice, and you can do a proverbial shit about it.

actually, i think its fine if you want to die a horrible death or live an unhealthy life. i think death is a bad thing but you are free to think otherwise.

I didn't say "bad thing", I said unacceptable. Isn't that what you stated?

And yes, if you find something unacceptable there has to be a reason.

Besides, weren't you the same person who said "yep, question me too" Hmmm?

i find it unacceptable b/c its unhealthy. you can be as fat as you'd like, but it will always be unhealthy.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 02:50 PM
You can believe that all you want in your mind. You shouldn't go around telling people whats wrong with them. I agree that being overweight is unhealthy the same way that cigarettes are unhealthy but keep your opinions to yourself please. People are going to do what they want. So please close your mouth before you really offend someone.

BlaizeYES
Apr 14, 2009, 03:11 PM
well until they start selling those little wave emitting guns that stimulate different parts of your brain that your drug of choice would, then the only hope us smokers have from escaping discrimination and persecution is to quit a lifestyle completely in order to be "accepted" by everyone. the only way to make everyone happy is to ban smoking cigarettes, end a casual hobby by millions that doesnt inhibit their ability to function at all. drinking does more than that, smoking weed does more than that. if anything, it makes you more relaxed and focused. it's a part of your lifestyle.

why dont they just ban gay pride parades then, just ban homosexuality for their "lifestyle choice?" it doesnt "do damage" to other people by them being homosexual? i'm sure theres enough jesus freaks out there that would beg to differ, that feel that the writers of will and grace should be put in jail for condoning sodomy and every book written by bret easton ellis for throwing in some guy getting blown by another dude(or something else homosexual going on) in like every book he has.

or that weird guy that comes in dennys at 3 in the morning wearing assless chaps and a tshirt he got at kids "r" us that is bright pink with some sticker letters he got at a dollar store to put "daddys little girl" on the front of the tshirt... he should be told NO since it makes people feel uncomfortable and causes other heterosexual guys to make sure they flaunt how "not gay" they are in front of this very extroverted gay guy.

people say that smoking causes health problems, thats great. mostly for the person smoking... seeing as smoking indoors has been banned at a good majority of places, i think you have less to worry about in the "second hand smoke" category, and walking by a guy that is smoking isnt going to cause you to suddenly get lung cancer.

but saying that "you cant stand the smell" or "it makes my throat hurt" can be said about anything. the homeless guy that is sitting on the ground 10 feet away from you when you're outside waiting to get in a club, the bum's scent that penetrates the 5 layers of cheap wal-mart knockoff cologne and gives you a nice aura of rotten eggs and cabbage, ensuring you are not getting laid that night... so ban the homeless.

or the senile old man that is sitting in a booth away from you in a restaurant, gets a bowl of lukewarm soup and a glass of water, and then for desert, proceeds to shit his pants, causing a leakage that covers a good majority of the seat and spoils your meal with that god-awful aroma that spreads to your table. ban old people.

fuck it, ban everything. ban those people that talk during movies, or people that text on their cellphone and drive, or those middle-aged women at subway that take 20 minutes to make a sandwich because they are on the phone with their "bff" and cant prioritize their conversation and "toppings on a sub" and they get thrown in this loop of saying "ummm" and being interrupted in this life-changing choice of putting lettuce and banana peppers on their cold cut trio by the other middle-aged woman on the recieving end of the phone, continuing to talk.

i love smoking my cigarettes. and i will not let anyone take that away from me. ever. EVER

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 03:18 PM
Amen, If you don't like it then leave it.

If you can't deal with it, shut your mouth.

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 04:47 PM
well until they start selling those little wave emitting guns that stimulate different parts of your brain that your drug of choice would, then the only hope us smokers have from escaping discrimination and persecution is to quit a lifestyle completely in order to be "accepted" by everyone. the only way to make everyone happy is to ban smoking cigarettes, end a casual hobby by millions that doesnt inhibit their ability to function at all. drinking does more than that, smoking weed does more than that. if anything, it makes you more relaxed and focused. it's a part of your lifestyle.

why dont they just ban gay pride parades then, just ban homosexuality for their "lifestyle choice?" it doesnt "do damage" to other people by them being homosexual? i'm sure theres enough jesus freaks out there that would beg to differ, that feel that the writers of will and grace should be put in jail for condoning sodomy and every book written by bret easton ellis for throwing in some guy getting blown by another dude(or something else homosexual going on) in like every book he has.

or that weird guy that comes in dennys at 3 in the morning wearing assless chaps and a tshirt he got at kids "r" us that is bright pink with some sticker letters he got at a dollar store to put "daddys little girl" on the front of the tshirt... he should be told NO since it makes people feel uncomfortable and causes other heterosexual guys to make sure they flaunt how "not gay" they are in front of this very extroverted gay guy.

people say that smoking causes health problems, thats great. mostly for the person smoking... seeing as smoking indoors has been banned at a good majority of places, i think you have less to worry about in the "second hand smoke" category, and walking by a guy that is smoking isnt going to cause you to suddenly get lung cancer.

but saying that "you cant stand the smell" or "it makes my throat hurt" can be said about anything. the homeless guy that is sitting on the ground 10 feet away from you when you're outside waiting to get in a club, the bum's scent that penetrates the 5 layers of cheap wal-mart knockoff cologne and gives you a nice aura of rotten eggs and cabbage, ensuring you are not getting laid that night... so ban the homeless.

or the senile old man that is sitting in a booth away from you in a restaurant, gets a bowl of lukewarm soup and a glass of water, and then for desert, proceeds to shit his pants, causing a leakage that covers a good majority of the seat and spoils your meal with that god-awful aroma that spreads to your table. ban old people.

fuck it, ban everything. ban those people that talk during movies, or people that text on their cellphone and drive, or those middle-aged women at subway that take 20 minutes to make a sandwich because they are on the phone with their "bff" and cant prioritize their conversation and "toppings on a sub" and they get thrown in this loop of saying "ummm" and being interrupted in this life-changing choice of putting lettuce and banana peppers on their cold cut trio by the other middle-aged woman on the recieving end of the phone, continuing to talk.

i love smoking my cigarettes. and i will not let anyone take that away from me. ever. EVER

sorry but it doesnt work that way. people have the right to judge you based on the lifestyle choices you've made. comparing smoking to being gay just doesnt make sense b/c being gay isnt a choice at all. its like discriminating against someone for being a woman or being short.

smoking on the other hand is indeed a choice, so you will be judged for it. its like if you decided put tattoos all over your body. you will be judged for it b/c it was a lifestyle choice. religion is also a choice but i dont wanna say anymore about that b/c the mods here cant handle it.

i dont think we should ban anything unless there is a damn good reason for it. if it were up to me, smoking in public would be banned but it should be ok to smoke in your own home.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 04:57 PM
What happened to the whole kill yourself thing? Did you see the flaw in it?

You know, you really shouldn't judge people before you get to know them. Makes you look a little rash. :wink:

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 05:26 PM
if i see someone who is smoking, i will assume they are an asshole, thanks. the only kind of smoker i could deal w/ is someone who i cant even tell is a smoker. they would need to never smoke around me and also not smell of smoke. a good example of this would be an online friend. since we dont associate in real life, your smoking cant affect my health so its ok. of course i still dont like the fact that my friend is slowing kill himself but thats his decision and i respect his freedom to do so.

Shattered_weasel
Apr 14, 2009, 05:56 PM
people have the right to judge you based on the lifestyle choices you've made.

You have horrid spelling and grammar. Use the shift key once in a while. You have been judged.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 06:10 PM
if i see someone who is smoking, i will assume they are an asshole, thanks. the only kind of smoker i could deal w/ is someone who i cant even tell is a smoker. they would need to never smoke around me and also not smell of smoke. a good example of this would be an online friend. since we dont associate in real life, your smoking cant affect my health so its ok. of course i still dont like the fact that my friend is slowing kill himself but thats his decision and i respect his freedom to do so.

That will make a horrible person out of yourself. If you judge people before you know them it will only lead to a life of not meeting some of the best people around you.

Wrestling has done more damage to my body than smoking ever will. I need two shoulder surgeries and I'm going through physical therapy for my left meniscus. So yeah. Smoking is nothing to me.

BlaizeYES
Apr 14, 2009, 06:27 PM
sorry but it doesnt work that way. people have the right to judge you based on the lifestyle choices you've made. comparing smoking to being gay just doesnt make sense b/c being gay isnt a choice at all. its like discriminating against someone for being a woman or being short.

smoking on the other hand is indeed a choice, so you will be judged for it. its like if you decided put tattoos all over your body. you will be judged for it b/c it was a lifestyle choice. religion is also a choice but i dont wanna say anymore about that b/c the mods here cant handle it.

i dont think we should ban anything unless there is a damn good reason for it. if it were up to me, smoking in public would be banned but it should be ok to smoke in your own home.

lol i used the gay thing because i thought it was funny to toss that in there. just to bring in something unrelated that people are also intolerant to. but both are still a lifestyle. maybe they're bisexual, and it really is a "choice" to seek out the same sex. and for a homosexual, searching for someone in public, or displaying affection will still bring people to make disgusted looks on their faces and get angry about it.

so in order for them not to be judged, the homosexuals should never approach someone they like at all if they don't want to be "judged" for it. or lets go farther, and say a heterosexual to NOT be judged as a "player," he should never be seen approaching a woman that he finds attractive... because people seeing someone assertive going up to a girl will seem like he's an "asshole." or if he strikes out, then he can be judged as a "loser."

in order to have a cigarette smoker to NOT be judged, he should never let anyone else see him smoke a cigarette, in fear of that someone may make them feel insecure about themselves? to be honest, i dont really care how i'm "judged." nobody really knows i smoke until they actually see me smoking a cigarette, and even when they do see me smoke a cigarette, it doesnt change anything. how i present myself, how i talk, and how i am sort of takes away from the close scrutiny from the intense anti-smoking brigade. people just gather around a common cause that just gives them a way to have support for something they can hate as a group.

i see less people smoking all over because of the bans in restaurants, buildings, etc. at a few airports, i've had to go through the security checkpoint multiple times to go outside to smoke a cigarette... especially if you're drinking at a bar at an airport before you board and you want to get that cigarette in after each beer. i remember once a flight got delayed so many times due to weather, a flight that was supposed to leave at 5:30pm ended up leaving right before midnight. i kept going through the same the security checkpoint, and the people there knew that i was getting progressively more buzzed while coming in each time, and i'd be taking off my shoes as i'm walking, already have my laptop on my carry-on opened up, my change,belt, etc... it literally got to the point where the guy would just laugh and let me through without going through the checkpoint since there was no longer any lines. i could "rant" more about the disadvantages smokers face, but not right now.

and you cant compare smoking a cigarette to a tattoo. a tattoo is solely superficial, having other people view your tattoo, explain some meaningless story to other people on "what the tattoo represents." if anything, tattoos are more closely tied into "image" than cigarettes are. it's less about being "cool" and more about stabilizing a calm, a heightened concentration to help those little nerve receptors in your brain shooting off only comparable to THE TERMINATOR because you're so focused, like you have a microprocessor built inside your brain.

cigarettes are stimulants, much like a cup of coffee in the morning... or like a mountain dew with your meal of 4 double decker tacos, 7 beef chalupa surpremes, and 5 steak soft tacos. because all that fast food shit is healthier than a cigarette. and speaking of taco bell, think about people who have to watch you eat these in your car, or at work... maybe they find these various smells of refried beans, generic "spices," and taco shit all rolled into one gag-worthy. so i guess you should never eat in public if you have fast food, or else you may be "judged" as an unhealthy fatass.

but really, you're not seeming all too progressive in "judging" people for a certain choice they make. they also say that most teenagers with ADD are more likely to take up smoking because it helps curb their hyperactivity. are you going to JUDGE all teenagers for having a disorder and taking means(if maybe not the healthiest ones) to improving their concentration? or do you still think this is the 1950s, with james dean having a pack of smokes rolled up his white tshirt, throwing his leather jacket over that, and riding down "dead man's curb" while listening to bobby darin? is that what "judging cigarette smokers" means to you? a rebel without a cause that LIVES LIFE ON THE EDGE... by smoking cigarettes, that will kill him in 40 years. jesus, that IS EDGY.

also, smoking saves lives. i remember reading a story a while back about a janitor that accidentally mixed ammonium and bleach, making mustard gas without knowing it, and he blacked out, his life just seeming to come to an end. when he came to, he was in the hospital, and the doctor asked him if he was a smoker. the guy replied, "yes, for over 10 years now." and he said that the hazardous chemical mix he inhaled ended up clearing out his lungs completely, and his lungs were now as fresh and clean as the day he was born, completely healthy. BOOM.

IN YOUR FACE, ANTI-SMOKING ADS. cigarettes: the ultimate deterrent to chemical warfare

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 07:40 PM
Haha. Us smokers don't really give a shit what you think about us. Its your problem that you wouldn't take to time to get to know us, your loss.

Blaize, have you ever seen "Thank You for Smoking?" That's what that last part reminded me of.

Inazuma
Apr 14, 2009, 07:48 PM
lol i used the gay thing because i thought it was funny to toss that in there. just to bring in something unrelated that people are also intolerant to. but both are still a lifestyle. maybe they're bisexual, and it really is a "choice" to seek out the same sex. and for a homosexual, searching for someone in public, or displaying affection will still bring people to make disgusted looks on their faces and get angry about it.

so in order for them not to be judged, the homosexuals should never approach someone they like at all if they don't want to be "judged" for it. or lets go farther, and say a heterosexual to NOT be judged as a "player," he should never be seen approaching a woman that he finds attractive... because people seeing someone assertive going up to a girl will seem like he's an "asshole." or if he strikes out, then he can be judged as a "loser."

in order to have a cigarette smoker to NOT be judged, he should never let anyone else see him smoke a cigarette, in fear of that someone may make them feel insecure about themselves? to be honest, i dont really care how i'm "judged." nobody really knows i smoke until they actually see me smoking a cigarette, and even when they do see me smoke a cigarette, it doesnt change anything. how i present myself, how i talk, and how i am sort of takes away from the close scrutiny from the intense anti-smoking brigade. people just gather around a common cause that just gives them a way to have support for something they can hate as a group.

i see less people smoking all over because of the bans in restaurants, buildings, etc. at a few airports, i've had to go through the security checkpoint multiple times to go outside to smoke a cigarette... especially if you're drinking at a bar at an airport before you board and you want to get that cigarette in after each beer. i remember once a flight got delayed so many times due to weather, a flight that was supposed to leave at 5:30pm ended up leaving right before midnight. i kept going through the same the security checkpoint, and the people there knew that i was getting progressively more buzzed while coming in each time, and i'd be taking off my shoes as i'm walking, already have my laptop on my carry-on opened up, my change,belt, etc... it literally got to the point where the guy would just laugh and let me through without going through the checkpoint since there was no longer any lines. i could "rant" more about the disadvantages smokers face, but not right now.

and you cant compare smoking a cigarette to a tattoo. a tattoo is solely superficial, having other people view your tattoo, explain some meaningless story to other people on "what the tattoo represents." if anything, tattoos are more closely tied into "image" than cigarettes are. it's less about being "cool" and more about stabilizing a calm, a heightened concentration to help those little nerve receptors in your brain shooting off only comparable to THE TERMINATOR because you're so focused, like you have a microprocessor built inside your brain.

cigarettes are stimulants, much like a cup of coffee in the morning... or like a mountain dew with your meal of 4 double decker tacos, 7 beef chalupa surpremes, and 5 steak soft tacos. because all that fast food shit is healthier than a cigarette. and speaking of taco bell, think about people who have to watch you eat these in your car, or at work... maybe they find these various smells of refried beans, generic "spices," and taco shit all rolled into one gag-worthy. so i guess you should never eat in public if you have fast food, or else you may be "judged" as an unhealthy fatass.

but really, you're not seeming all too progressive in "judging" people for a certain choice they make. they also say that most teenagers with ADD are more likely to take up smoking because it helps curb their hyperactivity. are you going to JUDGE all teenagers for having a disorder and taking means(if maybe not the healthiest ones) to improving their concentration? or do you still think this is the 1950s, with james dean having a pack of smokes rolled up his white tshirt, throwing his leather jacket over that, and riding down "dead man's curb" while listening to bobby darin? is that what "judging cigarette smokers" means to you? a rebel without a cause that LIVES LIFE ON THE EDGE... by smoking cigarettes, that will kill him in 40 years. jesus, that IS EDGY.

also, smoking saves lives. i remember reading a story a while back about a janitor that accidentally mixed ammonium and bleach, making mustard gas without knowing it, and he blacked out, his life just seeming to come to an end. when he came to, he was in the hospital, and the doctor asked him if he was a smoker. the guy replied, "yes, for over 10 years now." and he said that the hazardous chemical mix he inhaled ended up clearing out his lungs completely, and his lungs were now as fresh and clean as the day he was born, completely healthy. BOOM.

IN YOUR FACE, ANTI-SMOKING ADS. cigarettes: the ultimate deterrent to chemical warfare

im sick of arguing about this for so long but i just want to say one thing. being gay is NOT a choice. if it really were a choice, i would be straight.

Leviathan
Apr 14, 2009, 07:48 PM
^Too Long; Didn't/Wish to Read
I like where this thread is going.

"Smoking saves lives"

That's a joke right?
Brah, I hope you're joking.
If not you're a terrible troll. :disapprove:

However Blaize that's just one guy.
How about the people who work in diners where they develop emphysema from working there?
How about the smokers who develop lung cancer as well as other cancers?

Can you say anything to back that up?

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that this thread is about how you shouldn't blow smoke in other people's faces. Not about smoking in general. Frankly, I couldn't care less is you smoke or not, just don't blow it in my face or in my general direction or where there are people who are allergic to it.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 07:58 PM
I'd also like to point out that this thread is about how you shouldn't blow smoke in other people's faces. Not about smoking in general. Frankly, I couldn't care less is you smoke or not, just don't blow it in my face or in my general direction or where there are people who are allergic to it.

I know, this tread was originally about how i am an ass because all smokers blow smoke in the face's of others.

The whole gay thing I really can't comment about. My best friend Mike is actually in a depression hospital because he tried to kill himself 2 weeks ago, so that's a really touchy topic for me right now.

BlaizeYES
Apr 14, 2009, 07:59 PM
lol yes, i really liked that movie. but in "thank you for smoking," that was different, nicotene patches saved his life because of his tolerance, but he couldnt smoke another cigarette again. but the mustard gas thing is great because it's basically like he just recieved a fresh pair of lungs with no surgery necessary because he almost accidentally killed himself. that is pretty special

Rust
Apr 14, 2009, 08:06 PM

Remind me to throw a bunch of mustard gas at a group of smokers next time I wanna feel like a hero and save lives through lung purification.

Leviathan
Apr 14, 2009, 08:08 PM
I know, this tread was originally about how i am an ass because all smokers blow smoke in the face's of others.

It's not all smokers though, it's just the few that choose to do so. All my friends smoke, except me, and they know not to blow smoke in other people's faces. It's just that the ones that do it explicitly in public while I'm talking to someone when it's something that is so simple as walking a few feet away from me.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 08:08 PM
Oh i know, Levi, you weren't the one to accuse me.

Others were calling all smokers pigs and that we all should die.

BlaizeYES
Apr 14, 2009, 08:18 PM
^Too Long; Didn't/Wish to Read

How about the people who work in diners where they develop emphysema from working there?
How about the smokers who develop lung cancer as well as other cancers?

Can you say anything to back that up?

we dont have to worry about that anymore since every place is going non-smoking, do we? and really, if you can get me a nice group of people thats statistics are accurate for working at some little shack of a diner with no ventelation or a bowling alley with people that have developed emphysema from second-hand smoke alone, and never once in their life being smokers, then yes, all restaurants should have two areas:

1.) little tiny cubicle-like booths for the non-smokers with soundproof glass so the non-smokers can look at the smokers and talk about how "healthy" and how those people are "committing suicide" so they can feel good about themselves.

2.) smokers get skylights great ventilation ocean views and live music featuring cover songs of AC/DC , BILLY JOEL, and ROD STEWART simultaneously. and everything is cheaper and more relaxed on the smoker restaurant too, because they dont have to cater to the high maintenance needs of the non-smokers that complain about everything, have the waiter come to the table a good 12 times in a meal, leave a 5% tip, and stop the rest of the tables from getting service. but servers would be divided into sections based on if they are smokers or not, so more people would just want to be smokers.

but really, someone that complains so much about smoking, i have to joke around with, because its funny how often it comes up for these non-smokers when they only have a combined time of 2 minutes being stuck next to a smoker. but you CAN still judge them, but then you yourself dont want to be "judged" as a needy whiner because of how offended you get over something that probably hardly effects you. nobody would ever want that.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 08:30 PM
The only thing that bothers me about second-hand smoke is when people smoke around their young children. That really does piss me off.

Otherwise, people should understand not to smoke around others. Inconsiderate people do suck. I totally agree with you Levi.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 14, 2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I do hate that though. Most of my friends and my brother's friends will excuse themselves and go outside and smoke, instead of inside the house. In the car the cigarette is held outside the window. My family and a few of my friends are pretty considerate when they smoke. They'll even ask if I care if they smoke(I usually say no).

I like how everyone fell for horrible Inazuma troll.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 08:31 PM
I liked shutting him down...

Leviathan
Apr 14, 2009, 08:35 PM
5% tip? Someone's cheap.

No one is whining.

We all just agree that since there is so much room, why must you blow smoke in my general direction?

I was here first, why should I move?

What about people who are allergic to it? What do you suggest they do?

The only thing that bothers me about second-hand smoke is when people smoke around their young children. That really does piss me off.

This to to the nth degree.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 08:47 PM

I don't smoke around people, but if someone is enough of a dick to smoke around you it really wont hurt to ask them to move politely, would it? If they don't move, its the same as with dealing with an asshole. Then there's nothing you can do.

Yeah. 5% cheap as hell. I would be pissed if someone blew smoke in my face then gave me a dollar or two... Hah.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 14, 2009, 09:15 PM
If you're allergic to it you suck.

But in all seriousness, there's no reason to be a hardheaded prick about it. Just move. It's not gonna kill you, just your overinflated ego.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 09:19 PM
If you're allergic to it you suck.

I wouldn't go that far haha. But ask, if you're next to a normal person I'm sure they'll move for you. ;o

Kent
Apr 14, 2009, 10:00 PM
It's not gonna kill you, just your overinflated ego.
I wouldn't be so sure. Allergic (and similar) reactions can be pretty severe for some people.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah, my nephew ate a peanut once and almost died...

Gentlemen
Apr 14, 2009, 10:49 PM
If someone's allergic they should be vocal about it or maybe they should avoid people who are smoking at the moment.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 11:02 PM
If someone's allergic they should be vocal about it or maybe they should avoid people who are smoking at the moment.

QFMFT

Kent
Apr 14, 2009, 11:17 PM
Some of us are. However, there are always inconsiderate pricks in the world who will insist such a thing is "a bullshit excuse to get [insert person here] to stop smoking," despite that there's literally no reason to get so up-in-arms about defending smoking.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 11:49 PM
Well, then that's your problem if you have an ass on your hand.

Gentlemen
Apr 15, 2009, 12:39 AM
Some of us are. However, there are always inconsiderate pricks in the world who will insist such a thing is "a bullshit excuse to get [insert person here] to stop smoking," despite that there's literally no reason to get so up-in-arms about defending smoking.

Protip: Smoking and being a prick are not correlated.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 15, 2009, 02:28 AM
actually, i think its fine if you want to die a horrible death or live an unhealthy life. i think death is a bad thing but you are free to think otherwise.

Well, excuse us that we don't believe you since all your posts in this thread (and thank God you ain't here anymore) contradict this.

Back on topic: Yeah smoking doesn't make you an asshole. But convinently a lot of smokers still are, and some were even before they started to smoke. And often will blow in your face on pourpose. For example, because you don't smoke.

Just a thought: Since current anti-smoking methods don't work, why not let smokers smoke cigarrets all day, all week? That way they'll get lung cancer much quicker, spend more money for economy and die much quiker, solving the problem. As (in)famous person said: "No man = No problem"

Volcompat321
Apr 15, 2009, 12:23 PM
as a Famous man has said, "Dont start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Lance813
Apr 15, 2009, 02:34 PM
A famous man once said, "I spilled spot remover on my dog, and now hes gone..."

BlaizeYES
Apr 15, 2009, 04:38 PM
5% tip? Someone's cheap.

No one is whining.

We all just agree that since there is so much room, why must you blow smoke in my general direction?

I was here first, why should I move?

This to to the nth degree.

lol, and i'm referring to the non-smokers that complain about smokers and how "disgusting" of a habit it is, those are usually the same people that leave nothing for a tip.

well, its not just smoking that people are allergic to, take cologne for instance. i knew a few people that were allergic to basically all types of cologne. ive tried 4 different fragrances to cater to one girl in general, one that wasnt even alcohol-based, and every damn time she was saying her throat was closing up. on a single spray, the scent hardly even carried. i just got so irritated that i was actually going out of my way to try something that "works," so i just gave up with her.

and blowing smoke in someone you're dating's face... i do it from time to time when messing around. it's funny doing it when you're just toying with each other. i dont constantly practice the act, but i've done it. but blowing smoke in someone's face that you aren't close to, or doing it to mess with someone IS a sign of disrespect. it's more than giving someone a middle finger, but less than spitting in someone's face. but the casual act of walking down the street and someone blowing smoke in your direction. kewl!

Leviathan
Apr 15, 2009, 04:55 PM
lol, and i'm referring to the non-smokers that complain about smokers and how "disgusting" of a habit it is, those are usually the same people that leave nothing for a tip.

Complaining customers =/= Not leaving a tip.

Just like smokers=/= assholes

and blowing smoke in someone you're dating's face... i do it from time to time when messing around. it's funny doing it when you're just toying with each other. i dont constantly practice the act, but i've done it. but blowing smoke in someone's face that you aren't close to, or doing it to mess with someone IS a sign of disrespect. it's more than giving someone a middle finger, but less than spitting in someone's face. but the casual act of walking down the street and someone blowing smoke in your direction. kewl!

Then I read it again and found something peculiar.

i do it from time to time when messing around. it's funny doing it when you're just toying with each other.

doing it to mess with someone IS a sign of disrespect

How does blowing smoke in someone's face constitute as funny.
Sick. Disgusting. Putrid.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 15, 2009, 05:18 PM
I hereby decree smoking to be part of natural selection.

It's slow, but the fittest will stay alive and the weak will have cancer.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 15, 2009, 05:24 PM
Just a thought: Since current anti-smoking methods don't work, why not let smokers smoke cigarrets all day, all week? That way they'll get lung cancer much quicker, spend more money for economy and die much quiker, solving the problem. As (in)famous person said: "No man = No problem"

No can do. The tobacco companies can't be killing off their customers that quickly, otherwise they'd scare other people away. :wacko:

On a serious note, I don't mind polite smokers. The smell nauseates me (which is probably from the severe asthma I had in my childhood), but I can deal with it as long as people don't try and blow it in my face or my direction.

But yeah, screw rude smokers.

Shinko
Apr 15, 2009, 06:50 PM

MOVE?

See I knew someone would say something like this "2nd hand smoke isn't that bad" Man If it can kill people who never smoked then yes it is, and it's bigger than you think. 2nd hand smoke kill a lot of ppl every year. Plz read up on it before you make a comment like that.

And yes I do think they should get more punishment, shit it's there fault there slowly killing there self anyway. (Plus most of them don't care that there messing someone else up with their smoke so why should we care if they get more punishment) You think we should support a bad habit that's killing ppl. And it is a crime. Its a crime to comment suicide but it ok if you do it slowly with cigarettes. And even so if it didn't effect others who didn't smoke I wouldn't give a damn. If that person wants to fuck his/her self up it's on them but when it kill others it is indeed a problem.

I not trying to be uppity and tell ppl how u shouldn't do this cause its wrong, i just hate that it effect others that don't smoke and no1 is not really looking at how big a deal that should be.

And the whole move thing come on man. Smoke travels.... unless you're far away from it, it's still going to effect you.

Lance813
Apr 15, 2009, 07:32 PM
This thread is a bunch of BAAAAW.

Inhaling fucking smoke for a combined hour in your life is not enough to kill you. Second-hand smoke only applies to small children with under-developed lungs and people who complain. if you want a discussion, act mature, but if you want to cry about it, leave.

"They deserve to die because they are killing themselves BAAAAAWW"

You deserve to die because your BAAAWing.

I'm done.

Rasputin
Apr 15, 2009, 11:39 PM
Rules: Don't smoke at the bus stop.
Don't smoke where you're not supposed to.
Don't smoke in my face. I don't like the smell.

Other than that, smoke away, and enjoy your tacks.

Kent
Apr 15, 2009, 11:39 PM
Protip: Smoking and being a prick are not correlated.
...Kinda like how prefacing a statement with "Protip" and being wrong aren't correlated, right?

Let's not forget the fact that I never said that being a prick was related to smoking at all. I would say that being a prick is not necessarily related to being a smoker - but that you can be a prick regardless of being a smoker.

However, if you wanted to get into the statistics of non-smoking pricks vs. non-prick smokers vs. pricks that are smokers, be my guest.

Just do it elsewhere.

DreXxiN
Apr 16, 2009, 01:25 AM
This thread is a bunch of BAAAAW.

Inhaling fucking smoke for a combined hour in your life is not enough to kill you. Second-hand smoke only applies to small children with under-developed lungs and people who complain. if you want a discussion, act mature, but if you want to cry about it, leave.

"They deserve to die because they are killing themselves BAAAAAWW"

You deserve to die because your BAAAWing.

I'm done.

You know..that entire first line doesn't have any BAW in it at all except for..um..what you added at the end..

I have no problem with smokers, it's the fucking idiots that do it and try to justify that what they do isn't harmful..*facepalm*

If you smoke and say "Oh it ain't THAT bad shut up" and "Second hand smoke isn't dangerous..rofl only wikipedia says that" well then fuck you. If you're going to smoke, don't be delusional about it. It hurts you, it hurts other people. Live with it. I don't fucking care if you feel guilty or feel a sense of pride being ruined..Deal with it. Other people don't like it.

If you live in a house with a smoker, and you can't really be too far from them, it will in fact hurt your lungs, regardless of age, moreso than it'll hurt the actual smokers.

Understand the risks you take and the damage you can do. Don't make excuses for how you're fucking justified.

It's like someone that was given a free hummer trying to tell everyone he's NOT destroying the environment or it's not his fault.

Yes you are, you chose to drive it, shut the fuck up. Deal with it.

Lance813
Apr 16, 2009, 01:33 AM
You know..that entire first line doesn't have any BAW in it at all except for..um..what you added at the end..

Hey, can you read? I was talking about the entire thread.

quit trolling. ;o

DreXxiN
Apr 16, 2009, 01:44 AM
I know...and I'm saying I didn't see anyone BAWing about anything...

If anything was BAWing..it was people just complaining that they have a right for people not to blow shit they don't like in their face..is that wrong?

Rasputin
Apr 16, 2009, 01:46 AM

If anything was BAWing..it was people just complaining that they have a right for people not to blow shit they don't like in their face..is that wrong?

It's wrong of you to objectify women the way you do.

Lance813
Apr 16, 2009, 01:52 AM

Yes, extremely... Can you not see people bawing and saying that smokers should kill themselves. They all should grow up.

Plus, cigarettes are made of happy.

CrimsomWolf
Apr 16, 2009, 02:00 AM
Plus, cigarettes are made of happy death

There, fixed.

However, living with smoker is very unpleasant, especially when you're a kid. My mother smoked (which makes me associate it with evil right away :wacko:) and all her friends did. The flat used to smell like after napalm bombardment :disapprove:

DreXxiN
Apr 16, 2009, 02:04 AM
It's wrong of you to objectify women the way you do.

lolwut

And same..very, VERY obsessive. In fact most of my family has died off from lung cancer. I still don't mind respectable smokers, but I myself won't touch one.

Outrider
Apr 16, 2009, 09:58 AM
I'm not going to jump into the pissing contest going on in here, but one thing in particular has been kind of bothering me.

Lance, feel free to smoke all you want, but stop downplaying the dangers of secondhand smoke. It is a serious concern, it's not just bad for children, and I think it's important that you accept that.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/secondhand_smoke/

It's certainly worse for children, but that doesn't mean it's not dangerous to adults.

As for the topic at hand - Smoke if you want, but don't be a douche when you smoke.

Rasputin
Apr 16, 2009, 01:09 PM
THE GOVERNMENT IS A RELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION.

Outrider
Apr 16, 2009, 02:55 PM
Yes, yes it is.

BlaizeYES
Apr 16, 2009, 04:05 PM
I'm not going to jump into the pissing contest going on in here, but...

i will gladly piss all over my face in the name of cigarettes.

but no seriously, back to the topic... lung cancer is pretty common in my family tree as well. everyone knows smoking isnt healthy. second hand smoke is going to be hazardous- if you're consistently getting smoke blown in your face enough to inhale that sweet scent day after day, giving your body this refreshing calm. if someone blows smoke into your face every so often, your health is going to make it. it may be cutting it close, but i dont think you're going to get lung cancer. call it a hunch

and blowing smoke in the face of a friend, thats a goofing around thing that may start a little small fight that isnt too serious, and then be done with. blowing it in the face of an unknown primitive animal ready to pounce that already is offended by everything... that will be called a "challenge." if you're sitting across from someone that is smoking, then yes, you're going to get a little smoke in your face without them even trying, because smoke eventually has to come out. you cant have smoke exiting out of your ass like theres a good exhaust system in there.

maybe you should choose a different seat, or try to stay upwind of smokers, or whereever else you're at these days where you're FORCED to be next to someone for extended periods of time with them smoking cigarettes(which i guarantee isnt all that much). of course you're going to think, "but i was sitting here first" or "no, i'm not going to compromise doing whatever i want for A SMOKER."

but think, while you're complaining about how there should be no smokers so you can sit at a bench in the park without getting smoke in your face because anything NOT being your way gets you mad... that smoker sitting right next to you is probably freezing his ass off, complaining in his head why he cant just smoke a cigarette at his desk at work instead of having to step outside in 20 degree weather.

everybody wants something to make themselves feel "more comfortable" in their normal routines, and when suddenly when they feel that little bit of discomfort, they will get more pissed off than they should. and if there is a solution that would interrupt their daily routine, they dont want to take it because they feel that they shouldnt have to make themselves uncomfortable. personally, i feel its important to never get comfortable, anywhere... but i believe that for other reasons.

but there are hundreds of thousands of people you're going to come into contact with, and maybe that person sitting next to you is trying to think but keeps getting interrupted because you're talking on the phone. maybe he was sitting there first, but HE SHOULD MOVE because something you're doing is causing him a discomfort. look, now you, the person having the phone conversation in front of him, looks like an asshole.

you can spout off all the "facts" on second hand smoking you want, or about how some people are "allergic"... but thats just little side facts that you're using as arsenal for your own personal hatred for something that interrupts your "clear air" and you're just being intolerant. nobody is claiming cigarettes are healthy, and nobody is saying that it isnt annoying if you're next to someone who is blowing smoke in your face for 4 straight minutes(normal duration of a cigarette) on purpose. but i really dont think thats the case. i think it's probably happened a handful of times where people have blown face in your general direction, and it is something that doesnt really deserve this much discussion over.

this topic has been fun, i had a few laughs, but lets drop it. smokers are people with feelings too, and i'd appreciate if you didnt insult the love of my life next time a topic comes up. now i need a cigarette so i can reconnect with the love i've put on hold while writing this post.

Shinko
Apr 16, 2009, 05:25 PM
I'm not going to jump into the pissing contest going on in here, but one thing in particular has been kind of bothering me.

Lance, feel free to smoke all you want, but stop downplaying the dangers of secondhand smoke. It is a serious concern, it's not just bad for children, and I think it's important that you accept that.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/secondhand_smoke/

It's certainly worse for children, but that doesn't mean it's not dangerous to adults.

As for the topic at hand - Smoke if you want, but don't be a douche when you smoke.

I so agree with you. I don't care if people smoke. (they know what it's doing to them so they have to deal with it) I just don't like the fact that they smoke around non smokers and act like there's nothing wrong with it.

2nd hand smoke is not to be taken lightly....
So many smokers 1 don't know how dangerous 2nd hand smoke is or 2 just don't care. That's what get me.

Lance813
Apr 16, 2009, 05:41 PM
People like you are the reason us smokers don't give a shit where we smoke. We can't please you so why should we try? Its legal, get over it.

Second-hand smoke, hmmm. Look at it this way...

A man who smokes 2 packs a day for 40 years may or may not die. He has smoke traveling through his throat to his lungs twice an hour from the time he wakes till he goes to bed. He could die after 40-50 years of smoking or he could die of natural causes.

Now, a person who never smokes but is exposed to second-hand smoke once, maybe twice, a day for a combined time of around a minute which would equal 1-2 cigarettes a day which they would inhale indirectly and only if they are around the smoke plume. Which is more than most people are around cigarettes, and most days they wont be subjected to the smoke... If they develop cancer and die they had a problem to begin with.

Vanzazikon
Apr 16, 2009, 06:30 PM
Actually Lance, that can happen. The chemicals in second-hand smoke can cause cancer. The risk maybe small to someone with a healthy respritory system, but as long as it's a risk, it can happen. Read more in Outrider's link.

Secondhand Smoke Fact Sheet (http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/secondhandsmoke.htm)

Shinko
Apr 16, 2009, 07:23 PM
People like you are the reason us smokers don't give a shit where we smoke. We can't please you so why should we try? Its legal, get over it.

Second-hand smoke, hmmm. Look at it this way...

A man who smokes 2 packs a day for 40 years may or may not die. He has smoke traveling through his throat to his lungs twice an hour from the time he wakes till he goes to bed. He could die after 40-50 years of smoking or he could die of natural causes.

Now, a person who never smokes but is exposed to second-hand smoke once, maybe twice, a day for a combined time of around a minute which would equal 1-2 cigarettes a day which they would inhale indirectly and only if they are around the smoke plume. Which is more than most people are around cigarettes, and most days they wont be subjected to the smoke... If they develop cancer and die they had a problem to begin with.

Dude it's depends on the person. Someone can smoke for a few years and die from it and someone can smoke it all there life and live a long age. Same goes for 2nd hand smoke. Some can die fast from it and others can life there whole life. It don't mean the person who die fast from it had a problem It's just not the same for everyone.

But even still. Let just say what your saying is right. Its still messing up there health and taking away some years of their life.... do you think thats fair to people who don't smoke? I'm not saying I don't care for the smokers it just that if they doing it they most likely know what it's doing to them. I could tell them they shouldn't smoke but really are they going to listen? Would you?

If they develop cancer and die they had a problem to begin with.

Where you get this idea from. Anyone can get cancer from cigs and die. No matter what your health is. (Some may have a higher chance than others with good health) And even if this was true the 2nd hand smoke made his problem worst.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 16, 2009, 08:22 PM
The reason people cite second hand smoke as worse is mainly because it's the unfiltered smoke that everyone else gets, while the smoker is happily puffing away on not quite as concentrated smoke. I can see why people would be annoyed, as they're getting the full blown effect of the smoke, and not the filtered stuff through the meant to be inhaled part of the cigarette.

Lance, your example only has one problem with it, and I've stated it just now. You're getting a lighter dose than the people around you. It's like the idea of drinking a carton of beer in a week, whereas opposed to driking heavily(say a keg or two) on a Saturday for a week. They both get drunk sure, but who has the more problem with side effects?

Lance813
Apr 16, 2009, 09:10 PM
Too bad I mainly smoke unfiltered. Haha

Seriously though, I don't smoke in front of anyone(unless they don't care) so none of this pertains to me. I was trying to show that smokers can be people too. I also like how the dumbasses stopped posting about how I should 'kill myself' once they learned that smokers have a conscience.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 16, 2009, 09:50 PM
Funny isn't it, when your opponent in an argument just bases everything he knows on an opinion and gets ruined when he finds out he could be wrong?

Lance813
Apr 16, 2009, 09:55 PM
Well, I was coming in this for a discussion but after all of the BAAW I couldn't help but get a little offended.

astuarlen
Apr 17, 2009, 12:20 AM
Thank you for posting that link, Outrider.

It's amazingentirely predictable how defensive people get when they do stupid things. I know I do, too.

Inazuma
Apr 17, 2009, 01:27 AM
Funny isn't it, when your opponent in an argument just bases everything he knows on an opinion and gets ruined when he finds out he could be wrong?

is this directed at me? my whole point is simple. smoking is unhealthy. thats all i need to say here. no matter how angry lance gets, he cant possibly win this argument. i dont see a point in arguing about opinions since everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone can be right at the same time. but when it comes to statements such as "smoking is unhealthy" etc, they are either true or false. unless someone can prove that smoking is not unhealthy, there is no point in arguing over this.

Lance813
Apr 17, 2009, 01:34 AM
Who said it was an argument? I was merely discussing that you are an inconsiderate person.

Inazuma
Apr 17, 2009, 01:43 AM
b/c i care about people and their health? if that makes me inconsiderate, then what does that make you?

Lance813
Apr 17, 2009, 01:49 AM
Why don't you go tell someone else to kill themselves?

Inazuma
Apr 17, 2009, 02:06 AM
smoking around others is harmful to their health. thats why i said they would be better off just killing themselves, so that way they arent taking other people w/ them. its like someone who jumps off a busy freeway overpass. you might think thats awesome but i dont like it.

anyway, no matter what we say, smoking is unhealthy. even if i was the most horrible person on the planet, thats completely separate from this topic. personal attacks are very common for someone that has no way of winning an argument.

so lance, it doesnt matter if im inconsiderate or not. go ahead and keep changing the topic. you have no way to prove me wrong.

Lance813
Apr 17, 2009, 02:16 AM
I didn't say I wanted to prove you wrong, but you should really stop trying to pick a fight with me.

Inazuma
Apr 17, 2009, 02:18 AM
and whys that? b/c you feel frustrated that you are wrong and have no way to properly argue w/ me? sorry if that upsets you. i can stop if it will make you feel better.

Lance813
Apr 17, 2009, 02:19 AM
No, don't stop. I do suggest you stop trolling me though. Nice one kiddo.

AlexCraig
Apr 17, 2009, 02:48 AM
Locked.