PDA

View Full Version : Acrofighter - Newman or Human?

Wayu
Apr 6, 2009, 08:35 AM
I'm planning on making my character an Acrofighter, but I'm not sure which race to use, and my goal is the highest EVP possible. The gender's definitely gonna be female, but which race? Newmans have more EVP, but Acrofighters cannot use TECHNICs. On the other hand, Humans have less EVP but that 5% boost that I don't really get:confused:.

desturel
Apr 6, 2009, 08:49 AM
my goal is the highest EVP possible.

If your goal is the most EVP possible, then you want a Neuman. If you want a balanced acrofighter, Human Female is the best for the class. The stat boost also includes STA which gives a human female 15 STA, the most out of any fighter class and the same as a fortegunner.

Since your goal is EVP and not balance, then you should be a neuman.

Zabrio
Apr 6, 2009, 09:00 AM
If your goal is the most EVP possible, then you want a Neuman. If you want a balanced acrofighter, Human Female is the best for the class. The stat boost also includes STA which gives a human female 15 STA, the most out of any fighter class and the same as a fortegunner.

Since your goal is EVP and not balance, then you should be a neuman.

that and the TP newmans have it for more than just techniques, its also useful for R-mags

Akaimizu
Apr 6, 2009, 11:42 AM
Very true. Though I think desturel's figure already accounted for that. The R-mags also play into the human balance factor. Especially since they would likely pair it with a melee weapon in their other hand. This takes advantage of balanced TP and ATP since you're simultaneously using combat that supports each one of those statistics.

AC9breaker
Apr 6, 2009, 12:21 PM
Galka

Akaimizu
Apr 6, 2009, 12:44 PM
Galka? Surely you jest. These guys are built on speed and dex. I'd say put in the Mithra!

(Ok. I'll stop before this runs off topic).

Magus_84
Apr 6, 2009, 06:32 PM
Try this link: (Credit to Amesani and its contributors)

http://www.amesani.org/psu/db/character/statsim.php?calc&type=2&gender=2&races=15&charLv=150&job=10&jobLv=20

At 150/20

Human female gets:

392 more HP (3594)
211 more ATP (1586) post-update; 187 more ATP (1377) pre-update
49 more DFP (401)
1 more STA (15)

Newman female gets:

23 more ATA (807)
172 more TP (2366)
36 more EVP (1395)
187 more MST (561)

I'd go with Human, speaking as someone who deleted my Newman female AF20 for a Human female, now also AF20. She hits hard and still has "enough" EVP to spam Just Counter.

The extra HP negates Newearl's MST and EVP advantages, and the ATP adds enough to your total damage to exceed the boost you'd get on a Newman's RCSM.

Human Acro-boosts are made of win and awesome. The boosts to PAs coupled with the (so-far) lack of Tenora RCSMs means that this'll probably be more magnified in the supplemental update.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 6, 2009, 06:43 PM
Try this link: (Credit to Amesani and its contributors)

http://www.amesani.org/psu/db/character/statsim.php?calc&type=2&gender=2&races=15&charLv=150&job=10&jobLv=20

At 150/20

Human female gets:

392 more HP (3594)
211 more ATP (1586)
49 more DFP (401)
1 more STA (15)

Newman female gets:

23 more ATA (807)
172 more TP (2366)
36 more EVP (1395)
187 more MST (561)

I'd go with Human, speaking as someone who deleted my Newman female AF20 for a Human female, now also AF20. She hits hard and still has "enough" EVP to spam Just Counter.

The extra HP negates Newearl's MST and EVP advantages, and the ATP adds enough to your total damage to exceed the boost you'd get on a Newman's RCSM.

Human Acro-boosts are made of win and awesome. The boosts to PAs coupled with the (so-far) lack of Tenora RCSMs means that this'll probably be more magnified in the supplemental update.

Small note but the stats on that site are post AoTI supplemental update as GM and GT have the same ATP for CAST and Beast (Human and Newman both get a stat bonus as GT). As a result they are not 100% accurate for the regional servers.

Magus_84
Apr 6, 2009, 06:52 PM
Small note but the stats on that site are post AoTI supplemental update as GM and GT have the same ATP for CAST and Beast (Human and Newman both get a stat bonus as GT). As a result they are not 100% accurate for the regional servers.

Huh, that was fast. >_>

AF gains 8% on their ATP mod (from 144% to 152%), but...that's it, from the numbers in the main Supplemental Update topic.

Post-Supplemental stat mods have a level 14 AF with the same ATP mod as a pre-Supplemental AF 20.

So the Human female vs Newman Female ATP numbers are actually 1377 vs 1194.

Human has a 183 ATP advantage in that case.

Thanks Hiero. This whole "cooperation" thing is scary. We should argue.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 6, 2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks Hiero. This whole "cooperation" thing is scary. We should argue.

Soon(tm); I promise.

It was somewhat nice to find a site where I can run 20/20 class comparisons. I was surprised to see that even at 20/20 there are a quite a few race/class combos that can equip S-rank armor (Serafi-senba or Orpa-senba) and therefore use a Red/Knight (L/KK would be suicidal at that level). What's even worse is that a 20/20 male CAST Gunmaster can equip every S-rank weapon except the Adahna Degahna Cannon.

Thanks for providing the pre-supplemental update stats though.

Wayu
Apr 7, 2009, 05:54 AM
I kind of don't care about ATP or HP...I'm an EVP/ATA freak. Note the name and 'Trueblade' under my name. Google either of those, and you'll understand.

From what I get from above, Newman female will be the choice.

I have a sort of follow up question. I'm really new to the game (just got it 5 days ago, heard about the Acrofighter class from a friend), so what exactly is an R-mag, and how does it function?

Wolfette
Apr 7, 2009, 06:06 AM
36 more evp is nothing.

Magus_84
Apr 7, 2009, 06:27 AM
I kind of don't care about ATP or HP...I'm an EVP/ATP freak. Note the name and 'Trueblade' under my name. Google either of those, and you'll understand.

From what I get from above, Newman female will be the choice.

I have a sort of follow up question. I'm really new to the game (just got it 5 days ago, heard about the Acrofighter class from a friend), so what exactly is an R-mag, and how does it function?

I think you meant "EVP/ATA", mirite?

And in this case...36 EVP is nothing. >_> The aerodynamic coefficient of a Newman's pointy ears would have more effect on your abilities than that 36 EVP.

An R-Mag is a little gunpod thing that gets equipped in your left hand and automatically fires either three rounds in quick succession (non-Kubara A-Ranks), a piercing beam (non-Kubara S-ranks) or a three-shot spread (Fire Sonichi, Kubara).

The damage counts as bullet damage, but is based off your TP stat, not your ATP.

They're generally more useful for status effect than damage, even on a Newman. Though the extra damage on a piercing one does add up against groups fairly well.

Wayu
Apr 7, 2009, 06:34 AM
So, in other words, Newmans would theoretically be best for R-mags?

I really don't care if 36 EVP is nothing. It's still higher. Kind of like the Fire Emblem Lucia vs. Mia debate - the latter has higher evasion. Enough said; I'm going with Mia.

Also, thanks for catching that little mistake, Magus.

Wolfette
Apr 7, 2009, 08:29 AM
So, in other words, Newmans would theoretically be best for R-mags

No race is better for them, the damage aint modded, even a newman wont do much more damage than a cast with these, really, they're used for SE and nothing else.

Wayu
Apr 7, 2009, 08:39 AM
Eh? From what Magus said, it sounds like Newmans may have bonus damage in the piercing laser department. Well, either way, I'm planning on using one of those things now (coupled with a single-handed blade).

Now, where do you get them? (>.<)

Akaimizu
Apr 7, 2009, 09:25 AM
The bonus damage, is very nice actually. Even if it is mostly SE you're often going for. When fighting, it's best to think of it as damage tacked onto the damage you're already doing with your other weapon. I tend to calculate the combat art with simultaneous damage. So what you're really doing is whatever damage you do with your other hand plus the R-mag damage that is done within the same time period.

If your techs trail another stronger techer by a few hundred damage per round, the R-mags make up for it with no PP cost to you. Now if the R-mags did damage like a full-on weapon, all the time, I'd think they'd be along the lines of broken.

I never discount free damage on-top of a good single-handed weapon. Whether it be techs or melee. Melee in this case.

The moment these things came out and the Acro classes came out, I tried the combos and was quite satisfied with how they worked. It also gave Newmans and Humans a weapon combo they could actually take advantage of better than that Crea weapon stuff.

Wayu
Apr 7, 2009, 08:06 PM
Cool! So mewmans do have the bonus. Now,what are Crea weapons? (>.<)

Magus_84
Apr 7, 2009, 08:37 PM
Cool! So mewmans do have the bonus. Now,what are Crea weapons? (>.<)

Crea weapons (that aren't Creawand) hit an extra target with normal attacks. They have no effect on PAs. They're generally weaker than comparably-rare weapons.

And Newmen will generally do a bit more damage with their RCSMs than other races, but that's not specifically a "Newman" thing. Moreso just that Newmen have the highest base TP.

If you compared, say...a Newman Fortegunner to a Human Acrofighter, the human's RCSMs would outdo the Newman's. It's solely a function of TP.

Wayu
Apr 7, 2009, 09:17 PM
Just an extra hit? I was expecting a really strong weapon...but I guess they're good for crowd control, yes? I noticed that the most popular weapon page on the Item Database was the Crea Doubles, so... =P

Magus_84
Apr 7, 2009, 09:44 PM
Just an extra hit? I was expecting a really strong weapon...but I guess they're good for crowd control, yes? I noticed that the most popular weapon page on the Item Database was the Crea Doubles, so... =P

Funnily enough, Crea Doubles don't get the extra target. They're also usable by all races.

People just like their Double Sabers with a side of Darth Maul, I guess.

For piercing laser RCSMs, look at either the Lightning Sonichi from Carnival, any Ebrozike or any Frauduke (in the item database).

Wayu
Apr 7, 2009, 11:15 PM
Hmm...even though, I'd take lower damage and an extra hit over sheer power. I like to use tactics as I play, and not just rush and kill everything.

Also, I noticed that the Crea weapons are modeled after PSO weapons.

Are there any good offline RCSMs? I don't have online yet, so...

Magus_84
Apr 8, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hmm...even though, I'd take lower damage and an extra hit over sheer power. I like to use tactics as I play, and not just rush and kill everything.

Also, I noticed that the Crea weapons are modeled after PSO weapons.

Are there any good offline RCSMs? I don't have online yet, so...

I know nothing about offline, sorry.

If the Creas added the extra hit to PAs, they'd be far better. As such, the extra hit is mainly good for faster PP regeneration by Just Attacking your normal attacks on a group.

Wayu
Apr 9, 2009, 05:34 AM
Just Attacking...by that it means just spamming normal attacks, right? I also noticed a term called Just Counter (mentioned along with Acrofighters); what is that, and which method is more suited for Acrofighters?

darkante
Apr 9, 2009, 06:05 AM
"Just Attack" is the term for executing a correctly timed follow up attack.
You can abuse that for critical hits for more damage with P.A

Koiwai_Keiji
Apr 9, 2009, 01:04 PM
I would go with human female AF, even with the extra evade and tp a newman has, extra hp, atp, and sta make up for it. AF excels in evade, and, unlike the other 3 stats humans boost, its much easier to boost evade by using the proper armor with a plain resist unit's % elemental increase or tero / rainbow or guardless / rainbow.

Just Counter allows a character to do an immediate follow up attack by pressing an attack or pa button once the evasion animation has ended, its fast and very neat, the timing for it isn't that difficult. Of course if your character evades or gets hit while in the process of doing a just counter, your jc attack is negated, and you've lost the pp spent for that attack. You can go from that failed just counter into another one if the hit was an evaded. I'm uncertain if the new system update has rendered melee just counter invincible or if its specific only to techer's jc.

I use a beast female AF, and she can evade and just counter consistently, this is probably from the amazing evade stat AF has...and appropriate 30%+ elemental armor.

The added sta of humans also makes it possible to go above 20 sta, making your character immune to low level megid's incapacitation. You would need an armor that has a 2 end and a unit with 4 end, such as rappy or puyo or aura unit.

Wayu
Apr 10, 2009, 02:31 AM
Uh...Koiwai, I believe that I already posted saying that I'd take the higher TP and EVP over HP, ATP, and STA. The low-level Megid thing isn't very convincing either; I can just avoid it.

Don't Beasts have, like...fail...EVP?

However, thanks for the Just Counter info.

Wolfette
Apr 10, 2009, 02:39 AM
Whats the point of asking thing if in the end you've already chosen?
Human are made for Acro classes* and are way better than nubman stat wise its not the 30 evp and tp that'll made a difference over tons of hp and atp. if you wanna play newman coz you like it, do it, but this topic have no points atm.

Um.

*In fact, acro classes are made for humans.
xD.
Oh well :P

Majarra
Apr 10, 2009, 04:02 AM
Uh...Koiwai, I believe that I already posted saying that I'd take the higher TP and EVP over HP, ATP, and STA. The low-level Megid thing isn't very convincing either; I can just avoid it.

Don't Beasts have, like...fail...EVP?

However, thanks for the Just Counter info.Gosh damn. AFs have extremely high EVP boosts. EVP is a terrible stat for fighters. Sure it can help you block a dragon stomp or something, but 99.9% time your just gonna be blocking everything. Trust me its not gonna be fun when you try to use rising strike a billion times without ever using the 2nd part. And newman AF? Whats so tactical about that? the lower HP and ATP is more tactical? Also Cast F are the best AFs, then human, then beast, then newman i think. Cast for higher ATA, lower EVP and SUV. human for being balanced. Beast for high ATP and HP. And newman for uh....more R-mag damage?

darkante
Apr 10, 2009, 04:09 AM
I think Just Counter should have a new kind of animation.
One which knocks-away your opponent just so you can get some space.

Wolfette
Apr 10, 2009, 04:46 AM
Gosh damn. AFs have extremely high EVP boosts. EVP is a terrible stat for fighters. Sure it can help you block a dragon stomp or something, but 99.9% time your just gonna be blocking everything. Trust me its not gonna be fun when you try to use rising strike a billion times without ever using the 2nd part. And newman AF? Whats so tactical about that? the lower HP and ATP is more tactical? Also Cast F are the best AFs, then human, then beast, then newman i think. Cast for higher ATA, lower EVP and SUV. human for being balanced. Beast for high ATP and HP. And newman for uh....more R-mag damage?

And also AF are gunner type, so stormline ftw : easy extra slot for Cast.
:3

Magus_84
Apr 10, 2009, 01:58 PM
Remember, after the supplemental update, Just Counter has invincibility. It's only on the first step of the PA, but still.

Bogga Zubba, that'd count for the entire PA. You get hit, you block, you counter with an invincible FALCON PUNCH that knocks all your attackers on their backs.

Wash, rinse, repeat. EVP'll be much more useful if we ever get that.

Dragwind
Apr 10, 2009, 06:18 PM
Remember, after the supplemental update, Just Counter has invincibility. It's only on the first step of the PA, but still.

Bogga Zubba, that'd count for the entire PA. You get hit, you block, you counter with an invincible FALCON PUNCH that knocks all your attackers on their backs.

Wash, rinse, repeat. EVP'll be much more useful if we ever get that.

I'm definitely looking forward to having fun with that using Zubba.

Wayu
Apr 11, 2009, 04:14 AM
Really, this is all personal opinion and likes. I just happen to prefer the female Newman over the others...to me, EVP is the most important stat, alright? If Phantasy Star were translated into Fire Emblem, Human fans would be Hero/Knights fans, CASTS to Snipers, Beasts to Warriors/Beserkers/Generals/Wyverns , and Newmans to Sages/Swordmasters/Pegasi. Everyone has their own playing style; mines happens to be the latter.

I don't think any of us here would be in that situation, Majarra. You'd have to be pretty touched in the head to get into that position...

I have chosen already. I just don't know how to close this thread...

Majarra
Apr 11, 2009, 04:25 AM
Yeah im sorry your correct. Its about playing the way you want. Just saying its a fact that EVP is awful for fighters and you want so much of it....but its your 10$ not mine, so do wahtever you want.

Wayu
Apr 11, 2009, 04:52 AM
Yeah im sorry your correct. Its about playing the way you want. Just saying its a fact that EVP is awful for fighters and you want so much of it....but its your 10$ not mine, so do wahtever you want.

Thanks for understanding...even though I'm probably not gonna be on online for a while, as I'm mainly an offline person.

Majarra
Apr 11, 2009, 01:08 PM
I thought there was only hunter, ranger, and force offline? they were just able to use alot of weapons.

Wayu
Apr 12, 2009, 02:25 AM
Just in case I ever do decide to go online (which I probably will, assuming my parents stop getting on my case about how I PSU too much...=P). I think Extra Mode is just the same as online, but with less stuff...not too sure about the classes, though.

Suzuka Miyamoto
Apr 12, 2009, 02:44 AM
Newmans are epicfailures when it comes to fighting.

Why do people choose the wrong race for the wrong job type?

Like cast masterforces?

Humans are the best for acrofighter balanced stats unlike beast,newmans, or cast.

darkante
Apr 12, 2009, 03:31 AM
Newmans are epicfailures when it comes to fighting.

Why do people choose the wrong race for the wrong job type?

Like cast masterforces?

Humans are the best for acrofighter balanced stats unlike beast,newmans, or cast.

Maybe they want a challenge, be more unique? Whatīs wrong with it really?
Maybe itīs more fun not to be the typical stereotype all the time.

Wayu
Apr 13, 2009, 04:27 AM
The reason is simple: the most EVP possible. What do AF's excel in? EVP. What do Newmans excel in? TP and EVP. I'm just going for the EVP; I don't care about whatever people say that it's a bad combo, and evasion is the most important ability to me.

i really didn't like the balanced stats thing...basically, they're the last resort if you don't know what you really want. Truly, the perfect race for beginners.

Edit: Before anyone else posts, please at least take a brief glance at the first post to get an idea of what my ideals are for a character.

Magus_84
Apr 13, 2009, 06:04 AM
The reason is simple: the most EVP possible. What do AF's excel in? EVP. What do Newmans excel in? TP and EVP. I'm just going for the EVP; I don't care about whatever people say that it's a bad combo, and evasion is the most important ability to me.

i really didn't like the balanced stats thing...basically, they're the last resort if you don't know what you really want. Truly, the perfect race for beginners.

Edit: Before anyone else posts, please at least take a brief glance at the first post to get an idea of what my ideals are for a character.

Just want to point out one reason why people may still be responding.

The actual difference in-game between Newman AF EVP and Human AF EVP is insignificant. Even a 100 EVP difference on paper doesn't actually make a noticeable difference between blocking and not blocking when you're at the level of EVP even a Beast AF gets, and you're looking at a number that's 1/3rd of that.

Where, for example...the extra HP may mean you'd survive an extra attack or so. And as long as you're alive, you still have that "chance" to block.

So basically, do you want a high number to look at, or do you want more of the in-game mechanical animation and effect of blocking a hit?

The former? Newman's better. The latter? The Human may last long enough to get an extra block or two in.

And in the case of humans with Acro-classes...it's less "balanced stats for the indecisive" and more "all the benefits of Newman with most of the killing-stuff-faster of Cast." The Human Acro-boosts are that good.

The difference in stats between Human and Newman Acros tend to turn out with the more noticeable stats favoring Human (ATP, HP) and the stats that are mere academic curiosities at their minute level of difference (EVP, MST) favoring Newman.

Again, I understand why you seem to be dead-set on Newman now, but I still think Human may be a better fit for what you're wanting. The stats don't always work as advertised.

that cast named kai
Apr 13, 2009, 11:32 AM
newman or human acrofighter?

it is up to you really, i guess the evp is better for newman, but i suppose in the same regard you are better off a human for long term 'survivability' as an acro, although in the end i personally think a cast is your best choice for acro since it full takes advantage of the 'speed killer' effect of an acrofighter given the atp, ata, along with pairing a good SUV to wipe all those that come before you

either way i think you should not worry about 'planning' out the future of your character so soon, this is not PSO where 'class' choice is permanent, all it takes is some mesata to swap out you class on the whim.

i guess what i am saying is to start playing first and find what might work best for you, you may end up finding that you might want to do a melee focused arcotecher, wartecher, a gunner, masterfighter or masterforce. learn the ropes first and then build from there