PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to find the Rare Pouilly Slime

TheHulk4
Feb 14, 2003, 05:09 PM
I've heard that you can find the Rare Pouilly Slime the best doing the "Soul of a Blacksmith" quest but I have yet to find one. I've tried the TP trick but I don't know what they look like.

Are the Rare Pouilly Slime red while they are on the ground or just when they pop up? Please help me out.

LollipopLolita
Feb 14, 2003, 05:13 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=419

TheHulk4
Feb 14, 2003, 05:21 PM
Yeah I've seen that before but I wanted to know if you can tell a difference between the Rare slime and the non-rare slime while their on the ground and not out.
Is the Rare Slime red on the ground while its moving?

SMACKTARD
Feb 14, 2003, 05:26 PM
dont worry, you can tell plain as day

TheHulk4
Feb 14, 2003, 05:52 PM
Thank you

scmfxt
Feb 14, 2003, 06:53 PM
Pouilly Slime is red when emerge from water and while it moving.

TheHulk4
Feb 15, 2003, 04:27 AM
Can anybody tell me where is the best place to find them?

I've been told that the quest "Soul of a Blacksmith" is the best but on which floor (1,2 or 3) and how many of them are in the room at one time?

This would really help me out, thanks in advance

KillerCC1101
Feb 15, 2003, 05:27 AM
Ive only seen about 2 just doing runs in caves, no specific place for me...just dont really pay attention to what you doing...and boom they appear http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif happens to me a lot

Clef
Feb 15, 2003, 11:05 AM
Try splitting pofuilly slimes with rabarta. I've seen a red slime split from a regular slime before by doing this. From one regular pofuilly slime you can get a total of 4 slimes. Just like any other rare monster, they are extremely rare. SoB does have a room or two in c2 and c3 that has 2 slimes in it at a time. However, I don't think you'd see more slimes from that quest than you would just by doing cave runs, at least I haven't.

I wouldn't bother piping for slimes, it's just much easier to split them.

Gestiv
Feb 15, 2003, 02:22 PM
I just joined, so I'm new here. What is the TP trick? I can't find it written anywhere.

TheHulk4
Feb 15, 2003, 02:35 PM
I can't split them with the technique because I'm a HUcast, thats why I wanted to know where the best place was as I could do the Pipe Trick.

The pipe trick is where you pipe when the non rare is around and go back through the pipe. This makes the monsters re-spawn so you have a chance of getting a rare to show up.

So two in one room is the most, dang.
Thanks everyone.

Nintense
Feb 15, 2003, 02:42 PM
Remember, two in one room can actually equal 8. Split both slimes into 4, for a total of 8, the pipe up to pioneer and back down. You can then resplit the original 2. That's how I usually find the red slimes. They never give me anything, but that's how I find 'em ;p

Blood_Dragoon
Feb 15, 2003, 04:23 PM
As an Android you can still split the slimes by timing your combo to only hit with the last attack in the string. This will split a slime. You could also try a freeze trap but I'm not sure it will split from it since I have yet to try it.

phil
Feb 15, 2003, 04:41 PM
I m in the same situation of you. I m a hucast.
THE BEST for you is to play with a friend who ll play with a force.you both go in cave in a room where you have two slime.your friend must cast rabarta until you have 8 slime in the room.If no red slime, TP trick and come back until you see a red. When you see one make sure to kill him yourself and not your friend.For more details, mail me.
phil

Savrak
Feb 15, 2003, 10:02 PM
ah fellow Hucasts come here and listen. first find a ???? weapon or a ?SPECIAL WEAPON?. but don't tech it. use the special attack twice then on the final attack in the combo use a normal attack. The first 2 attacks will miss because the special attack doesn't have an ability yet. then the third attack will hit and the slime will spilt. Snoogs.

Stalfos333
Feb 15, 2003, 10:39 PM
Either unidentified or low level instadeath mechgun types are great, since you can get slimes to split twice. It makes it slightly faster.

Cloud_01
Feb 16, 2003, 12:23 AM
I've found every single rare enemy in PSO except for Pouilly Slime. They seem to be the rarest enemy to find.

GandorDurin
Feb 16, 2003, 12:28 AM
The rarest enemy would have to be the online holiday type Rappy.

All other rare enemies can be telepiped for, and take anywhere from minutes to maybe 12 hours if you're super unlucky.

As for Pouilly slimes...They seem rare because the most that are ever in a single room are two. However, if you split them, eight per telepipe is pretty dang good.

The problem is that it seems the newly split slimes don't seem to drop anything...I've heard a few rumors about that, including that if the slimes hurt eachother with their attacks, then they won't drop any items...

Any official word on this? I'm looking to get a few things from some pouilly slimes...

Ghaleon
Feb 16, 2003, 12:48 AM
I've found every single rare enemy in PSO except for Pouilly Slime. They seem to be the rarest enemy to find

nuh uh i found one without piping or splitting