PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Rust's Rolldice Runs

Rust
Apr 6, 2009, 11:00 PM
Hi, folks!

What?

Rust's Rolldice Runs (RRR) are based on a stupid concept I've been rolling with since I'm playing to PSU.
The idea is to get some variety by chosing randomly what missions I'm playing from a list of all the current missions available, with the help of a rolldice.

Why?

I always notice people complaining they're stuck with White Beast because they can't find parties anywhere else, so I thought I'd share my idea with those people.
Also, I've been soloing with that method since ages and I'm getting bored of playing alone, so I thought I'd keep it entertaining by adding it up some "fresh blood". Not to add I'm always screwed for coop missions, as I can't solo them.

Who?

Anyone can join, as long as you're seeking good times over some kind of boring grindfest.
Even though the focus will be on playing missions, random chitchat and silliness during those is not to be excluded.

When?

Every Saturday, from 9pm to 1am GMT.
(Sorry, you'll have to make the conversion yourself as all this daylight savings crap in both US and EU got me confused with the current time difference between EU and US timezones.)
Time might be subject to change if it turns out there is a more adequate time. As for now, I just picked one I could be available for easily, as I'd like it to run on a weekly basis.

Where?

Universe 05 : Libra, at Club:Commune.
I'll most likely be waiting there on my beast, Claudia, from 9pm to 9:15pm GMT, then we'll go with whoever is there (or I'll go alone if nobody shows up).

How?

Pretty simple. Once we're set in Club:Commune, I'll launch the rolldice and we will go to whatever mission has been picked.
Once there, we'll make up parties depending on how many we are, our level ranges, and the mission we're at. The idea is to get parties of 2-4 people in order to keep the game challenging and entertaining enough for each of us ; it's not about speeding the mission as fast as possible, it's about having fun. Party size might vary if the mission requires it (such as Stolen Weapon which will require parties of 5 people in order to get an S-rank).
Once we're done with it, we will be moving on to whichever mission the rolldice picks next, and so on 'till we stop.

FAQ

What if I want to join but can't make it at the very start of it?

Not a huge deal.
Since the whole thing rely on not knowing what we gonna do beforehand, I can't post a route on there ahead of time.
So... Either post a message here or PM me to let me know at what time you will be likely to join, and I'll let you know what mission we're currently at when the time has come. Make sure to warn me early enough, as I won't bother checking those boards constantly once I will be ingame.
Since it will take place on Libra, I'll encourage any of our parties to stay unlocked so other people can join later on while we're playing a given mission.

My characters are rather low... Can I join anyways?

Sure you can. I don't mind helping lower leveled characters if necessary (I'm not that high myself anyways).
Actually, it's even better if you come with a character that isn't capped.
There's a lot of v.1 missions in the list, and we all know how weak the monsters in those missions are, even on S2. As stated, we will make our parties depending on who is there, and chose the mission difficulty accordingly.
Also, try to set up a versatile palette so we can move on quickly. Having to wait 30 mins between each mission for people to set up their gear in their room is utterly annoying. Not like if not having the optimal gear for every mission would make the game damn hard, right?

ANY PRIZES????????

Definately not.
First of all, I have nothing of value to give out, much less on a weekly basis.
Second point, I want to make sure those who are joining are doing it because they want to have good times, not just because there's something to grab in the end.
It's intended for fun, and possibly for new people to meet up. I don't want it ruined by some greedy competition shit.
Besides, I'm not wanting it to be too big of a turnout, or else it's gonna be hell to manage a complete crowd. I don't think there will be a lot of people next Saturday, but I'm hoping we will eventually have around 10 people on average after a few weeks. (Maybe I'm getting my hopes too high, but oh well.)

I'd like to know what's on your list!

Well, any mission currently available on US/EU PC/PS2 servers, besides the Story and Item Exchange ones, obviously.
If you really want to see the list on which I'm rolling my rolldice, just ask for it and I'll upload it there so you can view what we're likely to be playing.

tl;dr...

*sighs* Had to be expected.

Time : every Saturday, 9pm~1am GMT
Universe : 05 (Libra)
Location : Club Commune for meet-up, then... random. (Let it be known if you're planning on joining later on, so you can be informed on where to go.)
Level range : any (preferably not capped).
Prizes : a whole bunch of nothing!

Rolldice list (http://saiyukiteam.free.fr/jdr/RRR.doc)

Cell132
Apr 6, 2009, 11:29 PM
*Laugh* Sure.

autumn
Apr 7, 2009, 05:11 AM
Doh, if I can figure out what time that is here I'll join in with you Rust. I'm currently switching around what types my characters are so most of them need to see some use ^^;

Will_Nonheim
Apr 7, 2009, 10:17 AM
If I'm on during Saturdays I'll try and remember this. :o

If I don't and you see me on, just mail me. :3

Zyrusticae
Apr 7, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hmmm, not a bad idea. I'll try to show up, it'd definitely help. Especially as I would like to increase the size of my PC list...

Gunslinger-08
Apr 8, 2009, 02:32 PM
Sounds interesting. I'll try and show up, assuming I don't forget. <_>

Rust
Apr 11, 2009, 01:57 PM
For those who are still interested, I'll be in 05, Club Commune in about an hour for a little bit.
I extend the wait to 9:30pm GMT because I still need to get dinner and take a shower, so I might be a bit late.

EDIT:

FISSION MAILED!

I'll give it another shot next week, even though I'm far from being confident in seeing people showing up with Shred the Darkness on the start when nobody already showed up during a period of dry content. If that turns out to be a waste of time again, I guess I'll go back on boring soloing crap.

If you want to suggest another time/day that you think is more suitable for the majority, then go ahead.
Like I said, schedules are subject to change.
Just remember it gotta be EU friendly as well.

Zyrusticae
Apr 12, 2009, 11:02 PM
Oh, snap.

I was totally engrossed in the Aion open beta, so this completely slipped my mind. >_<!;

...Yeah, next week's probably not such a great idea, considering everyone's gonna be running in STD for the better part of all day...

Rust
Apr 14, 2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah, even though I'll probably will be around doing regular missions during the event still, as there is no way I spam the same three missions for five weeks or so, I guess I'll postpone my second try at gathering people after STD is gone.

If anyone's up to run some other random missions during the event though, feel free to contact me and we'll arrange a time to meet up and play a bit.
I also updated the OP with the list I'm rolling my rolldice on (end of the post).

I'll keep you folks updated once STD has ended, for the "official meeting" part, I mean.

Rust
May 29, 2009, 08:35 AM
Said I'd give it another shot after STD, but that will have to postponed at a later date for now.

I have many things to take care of IRL beforehand, one of them being a call to my ISP so they fix the fucking connection. Being d/c'd every 15 mins and PSU are everything but compatible.