PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy star Gaiden

Majarra
Apr 8, 2009, 12:40 AM
I was just messing around with my avatar and noticed Phantasy star gaiden section. What is this game? Was it cancelled? What system is it for?

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2009, 12:45 AM
This should probably belong in the classic Phantasy Star section.

The gaiden series was a series of small games in the same cartridge, I believe. They were a few text games that took place before Phantasy Star II, covering each character's lives before the game. I don't really know much about it, since it wasn't really released in America.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 8, 2009, 05:17 PM
Actually, Phantasy Star Gaiden was just a single game, which took place outside of the Algol system. The main characters were descendants of Palman colonists, who colonized a planet named, "Copto". It was released for the Japanese Game Gear, and has never been seen in the US (though fan-translations do exist).

The Text Adventure for the Game Gear was called, "Phantasy Star Adventure", and took place, as I recall, 16 years before Phantasy Star II. There was another set of Text Adventures associated with Phantasy Star II, which were available on Sega's download service, and were later released for the Sega CD, as part of a compilation.

Zorafim
Apr 20, 2009, 03:34 PM
Woops, looks like I got the two confused. Heh, I completely forgot about this game until now.