PDA

View Full Version : The real PSO FAQ-The one Sega of America was too lazy to pos

Jkid
Feb 14, 2003, 07:46 PM
Using the excite.jp language translator and my experience in the Japanese langage.I've translated the offical FAQ from Sonic Team's PSO GC website. Only the important facts that are relevent to the NTSC U/C version are translated and here's one question that you didn't noticed:

Q: Can I use the PC for internet useage and at the same time play PSO Ep.I&II?
A:We suggest you don't,if you use your PC to access the internet while at the same time playing PSO GC online the upload/download bandwidth will be slower.If you have to turn on your PC to make your Broadband Adapter work,just turn on your PC and do nothing else.Then use the online mode.

Here's another one:

Q:Ii'm using a router but I have difficulty connecting to the game.

It's probally your router,you need to open the following ports:TCP ports #9000 and #10000
And UDP ports #40975,#41231,#41487,and #41743.

What do you think,it's just a preview so should I type up the complete PSO GC FAQ from Sonic Team?

Celes152
Feb 14, 2003, 09:15 PM
I never experience slowdown if I use my PC, two DCs, and GCN online..=/

Jkid
Feb 18, 2003, 08:31 PM
Fine,since no one likes to have it.......no one will know the real stuff.

rena-ko
Feb 19, 2003, 06:25 AM
if you think its interesting for us to know, so please post it ^_^; otherwise, dont, simple as that.

oxxjuniorxxo
Feb 19, 2003, 10:43 AM
hahaha I have my wireless computer hooked up to the internet(via wireless) and I use my computer as the router, and have my gamecube running online connected to my computer. When I called Sega they said that this was impossible for me to do because its not supported. Well shows what they know, anyways.. About the post, I do this, and not a single bit of slowdown for me. Once out of every 30 connects or so there is lag. Not much though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

satoshi1
Feb 19, 2003, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the info on which ports to open, I'll need that when i get online.

DJ_Monkey
Feb 19, 2003, 05:06 PM
How do you use your computer as a router? I want to play with my cable modem, but I don't have a BBA or router yet. I'm getting a BBA soon, but I can't afford a router. So I'm stuck on dial-up right now.

Goldstix69
Feb 19, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-02-19 14:06, DJ_Monkey wrote:
How do you use your computer as a router? I want to play with my cable modem, but I don't have a BBA or router yet. I'm getting a BBA soon, but I can't afford a router. So I'm stuck on dial-up right now.

You will need to have two NICs. If you only one NIC right now it's no bigge. Just make sure you have a open slot in you PC for another. If you do then go out and buy one. They are pretty cheap, something like 25-30 bucks. What you will do is set up a Network connection between the two cards. The cable/modem goes into your PC via NIC-1 : Home Network between NIC-1 & NIC-2 : Then a Cat5 cable(or you can use a crossover cable-thats what I use but either works) runs to your gamecube to the BBA.

This is a great set up cause you will be able to use the picture upload program. With this you can take snapshots and upload them to ur PC. Super great since there isnt a website for US-PSO to upload their shots.

satoshi1
Feb 19, 2003, 05:27 PM
I know for a fact that you'll need two network cards. As for the software, I'm clueless. Personally, I'd go with the router, i think it's easier to setup and, in the long run (especially if you plan to get multiple computers) is a nice investment. But, that's just my personal opinion.