PDA

View Full Version : Mo Money Mo

jifears
Apr 9, 2009, 08:55 PM
During this laggy time i began to think about how some of the high rollers of PSU got so much money. I know alot of people do board hunts, and non-stop runs, but so do i. So my actual question is does anyone have any advice, or strategies to finding rare weapons, boards, ect.

Sano
Apr 9, 2009, 09:28 PM
Have you tried teamwork? When I do runs with my friends, we all attempt to increase our Photon Fortune with the Shitenkaku Lady, and whoever has Megaholy Luck becomes our party leader. After that, we just decide on which runs we wanna do based on previous runs during the week (repetitiveness), if anyone needs a particular Board/Unit/Armor/Weapon/etc or specific Exp/MP desires. But the main thing is: try doing more runs with lots of friends and try to get the leader to have highest luck. With the luck set as high as you can, you are bound to get better drops and since you're playing with friends, I don't see it as a problem with getting any particular drops since I know with my friends we play it as: Whoever wants _____, we give it to them. If multiple people want it, we have them random for it via /dice or /random and try to get another for those who didn't win ^^.

Its all about teh friendshipz! lol

jifears
Apr 9, 2009, 09:31 PM
the problem is finding good friends to run with. i only have one

Sano
Apr 9, 2009, 09:35 PM
Well, what servers do you play on? What are your character names and levels? Try to open up some at least on the forums ^^ Most of us are cool, friendly, and like to make new friends so, don't be shy! Get to know us and maybe you'll get some good luck along with it! :D

jifears
Apr 9, 2009, 09:52 PM
Well im on the Xbox 360, and my main characters name is Yank_Man, but thats helpful

Sano
Apr 9, 2009, 10:15 PM
Awww! Well, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and hope you run into some cool people! Have fun!

ShonagarACE
Apr 9, 2009, 10:17 PM
Mo' money mo' problems bro.

garjian
Apr 10, 2009, 03:11 AM
i can never find good people to play this game with :P all my old friends quit not so long ago, and it seems everyone else is a dick... or some whiney little kid...

im in a party maybe once a week, and they always go bad...

Sano
Apr 10, 2009, 03:12 AM
PC/PS2/PS3? or Xbox360?

ShonagarACE
Apr 10, 2009, 03:21 AM
PC/PS2/PS3? or Xbox360?

I would assume 360. :-? I've never had a problem with someone being a dick on PC. Also if "whiny" refers to actually hearing someone, that's a clear sign. And "kid". :-P

garjian
Apr 10, 2009, 03:23 AM
Xbox :)

Sano
Apr 10, 2009, 03:24 AM
True... but he could have meant in a whiny kid attitude via chatting and stuff via PC/PS2! *sigh* Another possible friend on opposite servers... oh so sad :(

Btw, what level are your characters Shonagar? ^^

ShonagarACE
Apr 10, 2009, 03:32 AM
True... but he could have meant in a whiny kid attitude via chatting and stuff via PC/PS2! *sigh* Another possible friend on opposite servers... oh so sad :(

Btw, what level are your characters Shonagar? ^^

Aye, it is possible.

Due to playing for a while at launch, then leaving and coming back for a bit when AoI came out, the leaving and coming back right at the tail end of the Carnival, my main is gonna be level 80 in the next few minutes of play, and my alternate characters are either level 10ish, or don't exist. Probably waiting for an event to level them up.

Sano
Apr 10, 2009, 03:41 AM
Hey well, lets meet up and exchange cards! My main is only level 88 and I have an alternate at 40....uh... *logs on* ....43! (lol)

ShonagarACE
Apr 10, 2009, 03:58 AM
Hey well, lets meet up and exchange cards! My main is only level 88 and I have an alternate at 40....uh... *logs on* ....43! (lol)

Sounds good. :-)

Sano
Apr 10, 2009, 04:02 AM
Where you at? I'm in your room atm lol.

Warlock01
Apr 10, 2009, 10:36 AM
im kinda in the same boat, only got 1 decent person to role with.
would love to meet some more decent non kiddy people to run with.

im online a lot, but im gmt time so time zones suck for me but i do play american time a lot as its too quite during the day for me.

GT is RapidRise RM
player name is Warlock
feel free to add me, and id love to do some run's with decent people for a change. sick of them damn kiddy booter's at the boss etc.

as for back on topic, i think a lot of the big stack owner's come from buying top class weapons at 0/10 or making them, and then grinding them to 5/10 or 6/10 and then grinding them further to 10/10 etc when there is a grinding boost.

thats my plan anyway.
get my 3* luck, grind to 5/10 as many top weapons as i can get my hands on, then when we get a grind boost, go all out for 10/10 or as high as possible and sell the lot.

Gibdozer
Apr 10, 2009, 05:05 PM
i can never find good people to play this game with :P all my old friends quit not so long ago, and it seems everyone else is a dick... or some whiney little kid...

im in a party maybe once a week, and they always go bad...

I play on 360, I don't wear that stupid headset I plug it in so their voices don't come through my speakers then throw it on the floor. I just can't stand seeing this huge fighter and hearing a squeaky little 12 year old voice come out of him, that totally breaks the illusion for me.

It also seems like 90% of people with mics want to talk about there job (the other 10% seem to think I want to hear them sing?), I don't play PSU to discuss my fucking work or practice for American idol, that crap was killing the game for me so I bought a keyboard (my best PSU investment ever).

As to your question, you can run around hunting rares if you want, that works sometimes. I built my money playing the PSU shop market, not hunting rare items. Learn to navigate the Visophone in your room, buy low sell high you will make money while developing a deeper understanding of the game. Honestly it's not uncommon to make several hundred thousand off one purchase, and as you advance your capitol to make several million on one item.

If you want to do some runs you can message me GT is Gibdozer, but remember if your talking into the mic I don't hear ya.

packerfan01
Apr 14, 2009, 09:22 PM
if anyone need a group to run with my gamertag and psu name is packerfan01....

SouljaV2
Apr 14, 2009, 11:30 PM
ehh when i first started i hung out with one person like yu guys... eventually he introduced me to his friends... now i got about 10 people that are always on that i can run with :p