PDA

View Full Version : Might be getting on my feet

Ranmaru
Apr 10, 2009, 05:37 PM
Ok, so here is a quote from MONTHS ago:

Well, I was a custodian in Epcot, Walt Disney World. I worked full time there, but it was so frustrating, so boring, so easy. The only challenge was how to pass the time. I was working there for almost three years, sadly I have been terminated, but only volunteerily. I had gotten a message from a man, named Max R Gold, and he told me I was referred to him by a friend of mine, Angel. Me and him were close friends, so I trusted his claim. I called him back, and he sounded very professional. I was interested, and he asked if I had my career options open, and that he would want to speak to me further. I had set up an appointment with him on the following Tuesday, at 6:45 Pm.

It actually turned out to be an overview, for a company called Primerica, which was a division of Citigroup. Of course, it was legit, just a little bit weird in how they do things. I was interested, but I was still confused. They were very vague, as to how you would get payed, and what you would be doing. Thats how they reel you in. Thing is, the regular work day consists of going to the office for meeting, and then the rest of the day we are looking for candidates to work with us. I am shy, when it comes to going up to random people and giving them a script, which basically means "want to work under me? Our company is awesome". I hated doing that, and sadly, I had went seasonal at Disney, but with short notice, so that was my fault, of course. I truly thought that business would be for me, and kept calling a job a J-O-B, but I was wrong.

So, I was terminated for not calling in for seven days, even though I requested to go seasonal. I was going to the office, working, confronting my fears, but knowing I would not get payed until I got some liscenses. I was going crazy inside, I truly saw the big mistake I made. Now, I have been looking for a job everywhere, and had not found nothing as of late, sadly. Today, I went and turned in my ID and clothes etc. I was hoping to not see my managers, but oh well, I had to turn in my ID to one. So, I met with one of my managers, Sally, and she told me I could re-apply in six months, and I said that I would do that.

So, I regret what I did. I did leave in a bad way sort of, it wasn't right. I just hope I find a job now. I feel like crap, like a failure. Everything I do I do for a while, but nothing comes out of it. I don't know what to do.

Well, if you know how I feel, please, either post a response to my story, or relate a lost job experience. If you read this, thank you for hearing me out. :)

But thats over now! I got a call today [I applied for this in January], most random thing ever. I got an interview for Wednesday! I will be interviewed for the position of Sub Crossing Guard, yeah, not so good, but still! I finally got something oh thank god!

I can be able to do a few things I couldn't. (Like go to a tourney, eat at a fast food place [but I should focus more on my body and do better without fast food] I can help my mom. There will be a little less stress. I will be doing something.

So I started playing FF 12, and I had a very very giddy smile while killing some random monsters. You all know why. ;D

Btw, that division that I was working with in Primerica, there whole thing collapsed. I learned that a few months ago.

Also, my mother is in PA right NOW. She is looking for apartments, but was bout to come back. Then I got this call. Its sort of, Ironic. She wants to leave, and I never really thought I'd get an interview before I left. Now, I'm afraid of leaving. I don't want to. Well, we'll know after Wednesday what to do.

So, any tips for the interview my good friends?

Omega_Weltall
Apr 10, 2009, 05:42 PM
hey hope things go well for you, i find my self in a similar situation, i dont wanna go into it now cause i'd just bum everyone out.

Ranmaru
Apr 10, 2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah even if you think that you SHOULD talk to someone about it you have to talk about how you feel you know? If you don't let it out it'll explode. D:

Syl
Apr 10, 2009, 08:31 PM
I remember reading this back a while ago. Glad to hear things are looking up for you.

Good luck dood(ette) :3

Leviathan
Apr 10, 2009, 11:52 PM
Be positive!
Be interested.
Firm handshake too.

SStrikerR
Apr 11, 2009, 09:48 AM
Well all I can say is good luck, and PA is awesome. (Not really, I'm joking...or am I?)

thunder-ray
Apr 11, 2009, 02:24 PM
Be positive!
Be interested.
Firm handshake too.This.

AC9breaker
Apr 11, 2009, 04:20 PM
Be positive!
Be interested.
Firm handshake too.

I always tell myself the same thing whenever I go take a leak.

Ranmaru
Apr 13, 2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks alot everyone! I will be excited for this. : D