PDA

View Full Version : Are you A Company Fanboy?

Vitamin_D
Feb 14, 2003, 08:36 PM
I know I am I devote loyalty to Capcom...they started me with Mega Man, and then Street Fighter, and since then they've had my support...they furthered my loyalty with RE, DMC, and the crossover juggernaut, Capcom VS SNK 2 (currently my favorite fighting game.) So does anyone else have a company they admittedly are fanboyish towards? Capcom for Life! Ooooh 1000 posts!

Abaddon
Feb 14, 2003, 08:41 PM
Congrats on your 1000th post. i'm not far behind http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

but yeah i can't say i really have. Though i admit capcom do produce a good array of games. RE and the SF series had me hooked.

TerribleDeliMeat
Feb 14, 2003, 08:42 PM
AM2 by far...ever since Super Hang On on genesis.

pixelate
Feb 14, 2003, 09:54 PM
Rare. I couldn't help myself when they continued the Donkey Kong series on the SNES. Everything they did with Donkey Kong hauled me into whatever games they would make from then on. Goldeneye on the N64 took up droves of my time. Then they put out Perfect Dark...come on...three goodies like that can convert nearly anyone to a company.

DeathCheese87
Feb 14, 2003, 10:10 PM
Konami. Hey, I still love Capcom and all, but I just don't know what I would do without my Castlevania or DDR...

LamerPanda
Feb 14, 2003, 10:13 PM
SNK. Such nifty characters. ^-^

I used to like Square, but my fangirlishness went downhill sometime after FF7.

I like Sonic Team too, but at this point I've given up trying to defend them in arguments. It never seems to accomplish anything because then someone finds another bug. x.x

Nidarrock
Feb 14, 2003, 10:19 PM
Sega: PSO, Panzer Dragoon, Streets of Rage, Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter, Virtua On, Daytona, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis, SONIC...

the list goes on and on.

The others are great companies but to me Sega has released more of my favorites.

Kent
Feb 14, 2003, 11:26 PM
Segagaga.

I wish that game had come to the US...

BlackRose
Feb 14, 2003, 11:47 PM
Well, on the basis of one game, Bungie.

Squaresoft is right there though, with final fantasy and chrono trigger...

[Edit: Let's not forget Cavedog... Total Annihilation!]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlackRose on 2003-02-14 21:06 ]</font>

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Feb 14, 2003, 11:53 PM
Overworks, Natsumi, and Sega. Even though I hate Sega, I can't ever seem to be mad for long.

Cloud_01
Feb 15, 2003, 12:45 AM
Definitely Squaresoft, I try to check out reviews on most games they release. Final Fantasies are the best...

Fanatic72802
Feb 15, 2003, 12:48 AM
Too many to choose..

Squaresoft had Final Fantasy, CT, Seiken Densetsu...
Natsume had the Lufia games...
Sega had the Phantasy Star series and the Shining series...
Enix had Dragon Warrior and Terranigma...

And too many other to count, and I like them all!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fanatic72802 on 2003-02-14 21:49 ]</font>

CajunSamurai
Feb 15, 2003, 02:44 AM
I think I've ridded myself of fanboyism for the most part...
First of all, one must define fanboyism. o_O To ME, fanboyism is blind faith, arguing the smallest and stupidest minute details to defend whatever they're basing their fanboyism on (in this case, a developer), etc... Pretty stupid if you ask me.
I've defended Sonic Team before, but I'll be the first to admit that they're being fucking crackheads with PSO lately. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

So... I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy using the above description, but I'm certainly a fan of several talented developing teams.

My very favorite teams would beeee...

- Sonic Team
- Square
- UGA
- Smilebit
- Overworks

KillerCC1101
Feb 15, 2003, 04:10 AM
I'd have to say squaresoft ive been playing square games since i was little http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i still remember playing Secret of Mana

rena-ko
Feb 17, 2003, 07:41 AM
i'd more likely admire and defend specific games than companies who made them... mho...

Sedyne
Feb 18, 2003, 12:14 AM
Capcom,SquareEnix,Namco,tecmo,

funnest game makers in my opinion ;3

hooray4punkmusic
Feb 18, 2003, 01:17 AM
Capcom
Nintendo
Square Soft
Sonic Team
Sega
Overworks
Midway (for mortal kombat 2!)
Retro

That about sums it up.

Dangerous55
Feb 18, 2003, 02:06 AM
Rare puts out some good stuff, as does Capcom. I love Black Isle and Bioware too. Hmm, lots of good companys out there. Easy is great (bwhaa).

Sunaj
Feb 18, 2003, 06:07 AM
Sonic Team and Smilebit, though Sonic Team is just blatant fanboyism. Ive followed them frequently, blindly many times, and...they just arent making the improvements and efforts other companies have esp. lately.

As far as just being a pure fanboy, I guess you can count the games and companies I support on the basis of one game, like Overworks, Wayforward Technologies, and Bioware. Next two/three games the come out with, I'm buying just cuase I REALLY liked one game they made a while ago. Ah well.

Gestiv
Feb 18, 2003, 02:32 PM
I say Nintendo just because they had such great games and they brought me into the world of gaming. Oh, I like most other companies too. Except Microsoft. I loathe Bill Gates. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

neko-chan
Feb 18, 2003, 05:13 PM
I suppose. I mean: who else, if not a fan, could buy the same game for three times? A psycho? (http://www.kero.it/fede/junk/arcadia.jpg)

Deathscythealpha
Feb 18, 2003, 05:52 PM
Im probably a Sega fanboy if truth be known. Got nearly every SEGA console and ive got more games by them then any other company. Im a major Sonic Team fanboy and have nearly every Sonic the Hedgehog game (only need Sonic 3D on the saturn, all the Game Gear games, Knuckles Chaotix and a couple of the Master System games).