PDA

View Full Version : Question about spells.

synikal
Apr 11, 2009, 04:04 PM
Can anyone tell me what are the best moves to use as a force?

Im going through spells and im trying to figure out which spells are best to have on my weapons.

Polantaris
Apr 11, 2009, 04:29 PM
It's really preference, I've found.

If you're alone, Dam spells make a great addition to any weapon, as you can fend off basically everything without ever moving, just waiting for them to come to you. If you have good accuracy, Foie or Diga are good against single monsters. If you like being in the middle of the fight, literally, you would want Gi spells. Ra spells are good if you have good accuracy and want to not be in the middle. With Ra spells, if you miss the enemy even a tiny bit, it goes right past them, so it can be annoying. Last but not least, if you're lazy you have Nos spells.

Be aware that unlike PSU, some of the spells have some interesting effects. For example, Razonde sends monsters into the air, vertically, for basically an extended knockdown. Diga sends monsters flying horizontally to get them away from you, etc. Several spells of the same exact thing (besides element) have their own advantage for different reasons. For example, although Ramegid doesn't do anything special, it casts a ton faster than Razonde, which does something special.

Honestly, I suggest you work with all the spells you can get and decide for yourself. There's almost no way to find out what you will like the most unless you try them. For example, I never liked Dam spells until I started leveling them in PSU. Ever since, I almost never have a weapon without at least one of them on my spell chain.

synikal
Apr 11, 2009, 04:43 PM
So i understand the simple techs-nos now, But what are those other spells such as Ramegid?

I just got PSP.
I am originally from PSO and im having problems finding things about PSU

Bitzen
Apr 11, 2009, 04:52 PM
Ra techs are good past 21, since they hit 4 targets. I personally like Rabarta with a Har/Quick, the knockdown+freeze effect is great crowd control.

synikal
Apr 11, 2009, 04:53 PM
What is a Har/Quick and where can i get one?

Also, I use Gibarta at the moment, Do you suggest a different GI- spell?

Polantaris
Apr 11, 2009, 05:30 PM
Just as clarification, as you asked:
Base = Generic projectile attack. Zonde and Barta hit multiple targets, while Diga and Foie hit only one, but the latter two do a lot more damage.
Gi = Surround the user in a circle of damage. Anything in it gets hurt. The higher the level = bigger circle.
Ra = Same thing as Gi, except it is ranged. It creates the same circle, but a distance away from you, instead of the center being you.
Nos = Homing spells that will track down the enemy so long as you hold down the button that cast it.

Har/Quick is a head unit that decreases casting speed. Me/Quick does as well, but not as much as Har does. Honestly, I don't remember where either are found, but there's like 5-10 missions that give Me/Quick.

Honestly, as I said it's completely preference. If you like freezing them and causing them to become hunks of useless ice for a bit, Barta is a good spell for you. Foie normally causes them to burn, so they get damage over time. Zonde spells cause them to be unable to attack, and Diga can either cause Infection, which is virtually the same thing as Burn (Cept it does slightly less damage) or it can cause Silence, which stops them from casting spells. Silence and Attack Stun last longer than Freeze, btw. It's really preference, whichever you like the most you should keep. You might also want to keep several variants on you. For example, Gizonde and Gidiga so you can both silence and stun longer than freeze, and also be able to adapt to elemental enemies.

synikal
Apr 11, 2009, 05:36 PM
Thank you so much!

Bitzen
Apr 11, 2009, 05:37 PM
Easiest place to find Har/Quick is Grove of Fanatics. Drops as an area drop.

panzer_unit
Apr 12, 2009, 08:50 PM
It's an area drop? Seriously? That means you can find it at any level.
I found Har/Quick in Grove S (a lot) ... Me/Quick dropped from Gohmons in Moonlight Beast (AcroMaster leading, probably doesn't matter)