PDA

View Full Version : Sin and Punishment 2 (wii)

Kion
Apr 13, 2009, 08:52 AM
http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?c_id=9669&c_num=14
===================
(quick translation):
Nintendo announced at it`s Fall 2008 conference that Sin and Punishment 2 was in development for the Wii. Release is expected for sometime in 2009.

The new game will continue the story from the original N64 game which brought about a strong following for its game play. Treasure is doing the developement for the game in works.

The stage for the game will be an earth in ruin in which people have all but died out. The new game will feature a new control scheme utilizing the wii controller.

====================
For anyone who loved the first game; HEL YEH!

Kent
Apr 13, 2009, 09:01 AM
For anyone who loved the first game; HEL YEH!
This times one hundred billion infinity.

I nearly wet myself when this got announced. Thanks to the Virtual Console, my Wii is already a Treasure box, and this just makes things that much better.

On top of this: The first game would already be perfect for the Wii's controls. This just makes too much sense.

Alnet
Apr 13, 2009, 01:35 PM
Oh wow... I was just looking into the first one recently when I heard about this, and I really wish I could have played it back in the day.

This... will come out in the West, won't it? Because the Wii is region-locked, right...? That's the only reason I haven't bought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom as well.

Kion
Apr 13, 2009, 07:00 PM
Youtube clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ykz2hTOA1q0
The article only had a 2009 launch for Japan; no idea when it will hit state side. As they released the original on virtual consol it`s probable even if it`s only a minor release.

Kent
Apr 13, 2009, 07:01 PM
It probably will come out stateside - Sin and Punishment may have been stopped right before publishing over here (thanks, Enix!) despite being completely localized already, but I have a feeling that won't be the case this time around.

Especially since the original already saw its release on the Virtual Console.

Outrider
Apr 14, 2009, 09:22 AM
Am I crazy for wanting the protagonist to look as ridiculous as Saki did in the original game?

I dunno - this kid with the messy hair and bright, white backpack seems too tame to me for such an over-the-top game.

(Also, flying through a curling wave while fighting surfers and sea monsters? AWESOME.)

Kent
Apr 14, 2009, 04:23 PM
In other news, there's a person who thinks Saki looks ridiculous, apparently.

I will agree that he just looks too... Clean-cut for the role. The style given to Saki had a lot more inherent dynamism.

Outrider
Apr 14, 2009, 04:42 PM
In other news, there's a person who thinks Saki looks ridiculous, apparently.

I will agree that he just looks too... Clean-cut for the role. The style given to Saki had a lot more inherent dynamism.

Yeah, let's see some spikey hair and bizarre straps all over his costume. THEN we'll talk.

Kion
Apr 14, 2009, 06:21 PM
i also prefer treasure`s dirty style for characters (ikaruga concept art), and sin and punishment (1). could be a different artist, or maybe the story is a kid got lost on his way to kindergarden. clean cut i can deal with, the backpack throws it off.

Feelmirath
Apr 15, 2009, 03:48 AM
I've got a feeling that backpack is a jetpack.

I still need to get the first one :/

Kion
Apr 15, 2009, 04:00 AM
Still looks goofy. i watched the video again, his back pack is connected to his gun by a wire. the gun is basically a flat white stick (wimote), so i`m guessing the back(jet)pack is intended to look like the nunchuck.

Outrider
Apr 15, 2009, 10:07 AM
Now, if his backpack happened to be a Dreamcast with a giant AA battery stuck on top of it and his gun was a keyboard, then we'd have a design to be excited about.

Kent
Apr 15, 2009, 10:51 PM
Now, if his backpack happened to be a Dreamcast with a giant AA battery stuck on top of it and his gun was a keyboard, then we'd have a design to be excited about.
In fact, I'm quite certain it would be the best design ever.