PDA

View Full Version : PSP Does Anyone Play on adhoc Party?

ParanoidBacon
Apr 13, 2009, 11:37 PM
Didn't see a thread for it so I decided to make one.

If the answer is Yes......

Is there a dedicated Lobby everyone plays in?

If it's no but you are interested...

This will show you how to set up JAP PSN account:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Kfm0gCTX0&feature=related

Once you have your Japanese account, To download adhoc party, sign into psn and go into the second option from the bottom[it should start with a star symbol and in the middle of the line of jap characters should be"PS3"]

ad hoc party icon is distinguishable by its green color with white print, along with white stick figures....adhoc party should be legible in the icon.

next connect you psp to your ps3 via usb. your wifi will be used for your psp

Run the program from your xmb and do the first option first to agree to the EULA. You'll get an error if you don't.

After this it was just trial and error for me but there is a tutorial here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnGoIgZwavs

If there isn't a dedicated lobby for this game may i suggest we make one?
How about
World J
Lobby 40

Lobby 50, though usually does contain people that speak english...its usually filled with people that play monster hunter, though you do get a few people play PS:P

ParanoidBacon
Apr 13, 2009, 11:50 PM
never mind....digged a little deeper and saw there is a dedicated lobby, world C Lobby 20

Chuck_Norris
Apr 13, 2009, 11:55 PM
Most people usually play on J-50. C-20 is more of a...backup lobby. We already had a thread for this. (Though it appearantly hasn't been bumped in ages) Though that video is much more helpful than the guide I set up. If you wish to play PSP on Ad-Hoc, add my PSN. FunkyChunkyDude.

Kcin
Apr 14, 2009, 09:45 PM
i made a thread for finding adhoc players but it was moved and hasn't gotten many replies lol.
my PSN ID's xXKcinXx

ViNC3SE
Apr 14, 2009, 10:57 PM
i wanna play Ad-Hoc mode, but too bad, my frenz weren't playing Phantasy Star POrtable

apolloparadox
Jul 30, 2009, 07:39 PM
what if you change the language to English, just to make it easier to read?

firefox kyuubi
Aug 6, 2009, 08:37 PM
Please add! Crysis_Complex I'm dying to play PS:P on adhoc I just got everything set up.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 6, 2009, 09:05 PM
what if you change the language to English, just to make it easier to read?

You can't. There currently is only the Japanese version.

Somnia
Aug 6, 2009, 11:17 PM
Well since this topic is so old, I will ask the question again. Does anyone still play?

ZeroKamikaze
Aug 17, 2009, 07:31 PM
I would be playing on ad hoc... if it wasnt for a certain problem Im having atm, (also its my dad's ps3) Im trying to connect with my friend, but we have the problem where only the leader can get into the game, while playing the leader will see the other player momentarily but the guest ends up with a network error. So... yea... anyone got anything? If we get it working, anyone else is welcome to join us I guess, room for 2 more if it works.

zemog
Aug 22, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hi all... I haven't been here in over a year... but I picked up PS:Portable this week and am hoping to play online via Adhoc Party.

So NOONE uses it anymore? :( It seems the old rooms were taken over by Monster Hunter... surely people still play PS:P right? Much better than that MH crap! :P

So i figure this is THE place to ask... but it looks hopeless... I hope I am wrong though.

Chuck_Norris
Aug 22, 2009, 10:05 PM
PSP has kinda died out, honestly. It just gets so boring. There's nothing to really do in the end game. And sir, Monster Hunter is anything but crap. That's probably one of the best games on the PSP. There's a reason the rooms are dominated by them.

Volcompat321
Aug 22, 2009, 10:14 PM
Yea, Monster Hunter is anything but crap.
PS:P might have died down over Xlink Kai, but it's still a great game!
Other than hunting rares you don't have, there really isn't anything to do.
Even I get bored with it sometimes.
PS:P2 should change that.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Aug 22, 2009, 10:32 PM
Wait, people play Monster Hunter? I'm sorry I don't understand crap. But yea PS:P has died down considerably and it's been taken over by that atrocious mound of dino poop. Sorry folks I don't like MH. I just don't one bit.

Volcompat321
Aug 22, 2009, 11:24 PM
Jesus, you don't know a great game! :wink:
Have you at least tried?
It can be really hard if you don't have at least two other people to play with.

OriginalB
Aug 24, 2009, 07:15 AM
I didn't like MH at first because I played for like 45 minutes only :P After you take a bit of time to completely try it out its really fun. It's also really difficult (hence fun).

Kizeragi
Aug 24, 2009, 10:41 AM
I didn't like MH at first because I played for like 45 minutes only :P After you take a bit of time to completely try it out its really fun. It's also really difficult (hence fun).

Yep agreed here. I play Monster Hunter online since the PS2 game was released (about 6 years now, still the greatest game I've ever played.) Boring at first when you have no idea what to do, but after the first few hours it all makes sense.. and becomes one of the most epic games of all time. Seriously. It's also insanely tough, which is great too. Multiplayer? 4 player Monster Hunter is the defination of "epic" Also, I wish anyone who attempts to make HR9 ranking solo the very best of luck, it's extreme, even the elitists will have a hard time making it. xD So in short, Monster Hunter isn't "crap" =p

I think the reason PS:P died out on Xlink Kai is because of its difficulty. You can solo EVERYTHING with ease. It was fun with friends though, can't argue there. I hope the second game is much harder, and alot more things to do.

acidOD
Aug 26, 2009, 10:22 AM
i just d/l ad hoc and set it up. I'd love to play PS:P with someone

edit: PS3 name is adhoc