PDA

View Full Version : Axe Query: Is it just me or does it do unstable damage?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 02:53 PM
Yea I was playing around with the axe for the first time today on my Newman Protranser and found out it does weird damage. Like the first hit did 94 damage, the second did 330, then the last did 224. I thought I might have been trippin balls so I did it again. This time first strike did 154, second 94, then the last did 329. What the hell!? Don't tell me the axe is like the one in Final Fantasy Tactics! Oh by the way I was using Ank Bico.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 02:57 PM
not 100% sure on this, but i think the axes randomly chooses am atp count from like 300-the max att on the wep...for example an axe says....1600 att....it would pick 300-1600 atp to hit for....(this is just something i over-read somewhere)

panzer_unit
Apr 14, 2009, 03:37 PM
That's just Ank Bico... the game picks a number between 1-1700 out of a hat every time you swing and that's your ATP. Normal axe models have much less variation. It's a bad first taste (HA HA!) of Axes giving away the meat, candy, and toy axes before a player can hope to get any of the factory models.

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 03:51 PM
That's just Ank Bico... the game picks a number between 1-1700 out of a hat every time you swing and that's your ATP. Normal axe models have much less variation. It's a bad first taste (HA HA!) of Axes giving away the meat, candy, and toy axes before a player can hope to get any of the factory models.

first...:lol:....that was a good pun....and oh, i thought it was all axes :-?
either way, its still a nice axe :D

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 04:16 PM
Although it seems like a pain I guess axes would be a good investment to a Protranser right? Even though most of the time I'm shoving a facefull of Diga into monsters faces. Man that spell is CHEAP!

Volcompat321
Apr 14, 2009, 04:18 PM
lol, as PT i mainly use swords, rifles, shotguns and i keep a rod on my for buffs...and rentis/dizas..but you should try to switch it up a bit, see what weps you like more. everyone is different :D

Infinite Eternity
Apr 14, 2009, 04:29 PM
Although it seems like a pain I guess axes would be a good investment to a Protranser right? Even though most of the time I'm shoving a facefull of Diga into monsters faces. Man that spell is CHEAP!I'm used to a faceful of Diga in my face by Vanda Merda.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 05:18 PM
lol, as PT i mainly use swords, rifles, shotguns and i keep a rod on my for buffs...and rentis/dizas..but you should try to switch it up a bit, see what weps you like more. everyone is different :D

I was thinking about trying out that Double Saber. I mean I tried it once during the old PSU but that was it. I might go back to it...but the axes look pretty cool. But it all comes down to Form vs Function.

Infinite Eternity
Apr 14, 2009, 05:24 PM
I was thinking about trying out that Double Saber. I mean I tried it once during the old PSU but that was it. I might go back to it...but the axes look pretty cool. But it all comes down to Form vs Function.I find Tornado Dance with the Double Saber to be just as good (or better depending on attack power and pp) as a Machinegun.

Kcin
Apr 14, 2009, 10:42 PM
PT's my main, my pallete usually is a mixed with sword and double saber(if you get your hands on crea doubles, normal attacks hit 3 enemies simultaneously instead of 1).
a rifle with lighting ground and dark, bow with ice and the chousei(2 hits and pierce but less range than normal shots) grenade with ice and dark, and laser cannon with fire ice and light.
i usually swap the laser for grenade depending on the situation.
and rod for the 6th slot with diga an area spell, usually one of the restas, and a buff or debuff.
and a full inventory of all traps with 2 traps on the pallete
my setup seems weird but it makes me feel ready to take any type of fighting stance except healer lol

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 14, 2009, 11:11 PM
God I love traps. I don't know why, but every time I use em I always say to myself "Come over here and slip on it! If you dare!". Oh Master Shake, you truley are the original PT.
To get back on topic of my thread, I tried my axe out again. It may be luck but the final strike seems to be the one that deals out the most damage...thus killing my monster before my meat sheild does!

Kcin
Apr 15, 2009, 12:15 AM
it makes my day when i EX freeze trap a group of enemies, switch to my game breaker with ice(that's what i call the robopitch grenade) and listen to how it sings the old seeeeegaaaa and deal insane amounts of damage and rape to my foes.
it makes me feel so broken hahaha
poor de ragan, no fight lasts over a minute on any rank lol

panzer_unit
Apr 16, 2009, 08:39 AM
Axe is a good weapon type... great ATP, insane normal attack (knockdown!), and a collection of really good PA's.

Anga Dugrega is an awesome midboss killer... the last move does 3x the damage of the first two together so you have to level it up to see what I mean.

Anga Redda is great for regular melee when set up with the knockdown from your normal combo. Nothing like having targets lie around until it's time to hit with the crowd control move.

Anga Jabroga with a good axe will wipe out spawns of small monsters in a single move, which is great for speeding missions up.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 16, 2009, 03:03 PM
Is there anyway to get Anga Jabroga without having to get it via Rewards? Same with some of the other techs. Its such a pain...I really don't feel like maxing out another advanced class.

panzer_unit
Apr 16, 2009, 03:26 PM
You can put whiteout on the PSP screen where it says Dugrega and fill in your own PA name. That's about the closest you'll get.

You should max all your classes anyway, I think those titles boost your rare drop chances.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 16, 2009, 09:58 PM
Yea I just realized that when flippin through PSUpedia. I thought it increased from leveling up. Now I'm not as lazy to level up my classes. I got something that'll help my rare hunting. I have to...BELIEVE!