PDA

View Full Version : GC No More Luck?

Demonofchaos264
Apr 14, 2009, 08:35 PM
Hey there. I've been playing PSO on and off for quite some time but recently something has started to bother me. About two years ago most of my save files got corrupt because some idiot kept freezing the lobby online. Since then I haven't played online at all.
The problem isn't there though. It seems that no matter how many characters I create, no matter how many runs I do, I never drop anything relatively rare. The last time I dropped a Photon Drop was well over two years ago. I drop plenty of materials, enough even to max out several characters. However hard I try absolutely no rare items appear. I just thought that I was going through a tough period and that one day I'd be dropping again. But a tough period that goes for two years?? Is it time I give up on PSO1&2 and just move onto PSU? Has anyone else had it this bad and started dropping again? Do I need to get a Hunters' License again?

Your opinions/thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Lance813
Apr 14, 2009, 08:38 PM
Do you have any MAGs over level 200?

No, you don't need a HL to play online anymore, but the servers aren't hosted by Sega anymore. Its free.

PSU sucks. Play PSO.

psofan219
Apr 15, 2009, 12:15 AM
If I'm right on this, three things can stop rares from dropping period:
Hacked MAGs (with a LV over 200)
Over-stacked items: example - 99 Trimates (when you're only allowed to carry10)
Hacked weapons (weapons with percents in more than three attributes/percents over 100)

Vanzazikon
Apr 15, 2009, 02:27 PM
Or it could be weird bad luck or you're just playing normal only. A hacked mag or stacked items can disable rare drops. Check your items.

Ahahahahah. :lol: I remember when I tried out PSU.

*Suddenly punches Ethan's face in mind*

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my offline PSU experience. :wacko:

(Btw when I read the thread name, I thought someone found out that luck never increases without materials ._.)

Akruta
Apr 15, 2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah Rares almost never drop on normal... Also Hacked items disable all rare drops.

psofan219
Apr 15, 2009, 06:13 PM
I believe the earliest you can find a Special Weapon (not an enemy part) is in the Mines on Normal. I found a DB's Saber there once doing the Soul of Steel quest. Thought it would either be a PD or AddSlot, was surprised when it said Special Weapon.

It had negative percents:lol:

Crazyleo
Apr 16, 2009, 08:35 AM
I think one time I found a Gabooma's arm when doing a normal forest run.

Akruta
Apr 16, 2009, 03:04 PM
Well they still show up (I got Delsabers left arm on normal) They are just very rare.

Lance813
Apr 16, 2009, 05:50 PM
Hacked weapons (weapons with percents in more than three attributes/percents over 100)

That doesn't disable drops. However the rest is correct.

psofan219
Apr 16, 2009, 11:24 PM
Oh, it doesn't? Eh, it doesn't matter... still ain't gonna use such weapons.

Lance813
Apr 17, 2009, 12:44 AM
good. ;o

Genoa
Apr 17, 2009, 01:02 AM
As stated, the ONLY two factors that will disable rares from dropping are stacked items over their normal limit and Mags over Lv.200.
Weapon %'s matter not for rare drops.

And lets keep our opinions about PSU to ourselves...
This community isn't about JUST PSO, but any Phantasy Star game in the series.
Many of us play (and enjoy...) more than just PSO.

toly369
May 7, 2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah, Normal mode=fail

I remember getting an M&A60 VISE from Normal Mines once. 1/16719

Ketchup345
May 7, 2009, 05:36 AM
Quick note to everyone: I had copied the thread from Cheaters on what disables rare drops, eliminated all but the most important posts, and made it a locked sticky in this forum:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163101