PDA

View Full Version : Gunner, megid questions

Spinner
Apr 15, 2009, 03:10 PM
1. For a mastergunner/fortegunner, what PA frag bullets would you suggest picking up? I grabbed Killer Bullets for rifle but that seems to be the only decent one. Any others that would be worth it?

2. What's a good way to resist megid? Is it just grab a high percent dark armor?

Magus_84
Apr 15, 2009, 03:16 PM
Killer Shot, mainly (which you have). Barada Maga's (Zoldeel shotgun bullet) not too bad...but the elementals will outdamage it, and neither class needs the "extra ATA" you basically get by debuffing enemy EVP. Yak Zagenga (lower HP = more damage) can be sorta useful on Fortegunner, but it's not really worth it. Boma Duranga (reflect damage) does awesome damage, but it can kill you quickly.

Really, most of the Frag PA bullets fail kinda hard.

As for resisting Megid: raise your STA or use a Vijeri/Resist. Only way dark armor can help you is if you can drop the damage from Megid to 0 with it, and I think only Newman FTs can pull that one off, against lower-level Megid. De Colte Line's a pretty good choice, as is the combo of Armas Line/Castest Line and a Sta-boosting unit.

Spinner
Apr 15, 2009, 04:16 PM
That's what I figured about the bullets. I have seen people use the reflect damage bullets, but unless someone was spamming resta every second, they didn't seem too be worth it.

Thanks for the info about the megid too.

Dragwind
Apr 16, 2009, 03:56 PM
I would only suggest Killer Shot, unless the re-balance in the future makes the others any more useful.

Alnet
Apr 16, 2009, 08:29 PM
Alas, Twin Mayalee never sees SE3 Defense Down again (it had it in PSUv1), so I'd say don't bother with that one.

Killer Shot and Barada Maga seem to be fairly good, though (but I can't personally vouch for the latter).

If your STA is over 21, then LV1-10 Megid won't instakill you, or so I've been told. So Castest/De Colte/Armas/etc. Lines really help there.