PDA

View Full Version : BB Need help designing dps HUcast

Lord_baxter
Apr 16, 2009, 06:50 AM
So yeah, ive been playing and enjoying phantasy star online and have recently decided to try and acquire blue burst, given its extended content in comparison to ver 2

so im just trying to decide what the best combination of mag stats and section ID would be best suited for a pure damage HUcast, i like being able to kill things quickly and excessively, my build for ver 2 was a purplenum ID and a mag that had 50 def, 100 pow and 50 dex, but i think i might need a better build in order to get the best drop rates and stats.

thanks for any help rendered

psofan219
Apr 16, 2009, 12:35 PM
Here ya go: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161569
Here's a good way to build a HUcast:
- Make a DEX MAG at the start. You'll need ATA rather than ATP. Enemies can be killed rather quickly in Normal and Hard, so focus on ATA for the moments. You can always make a MAG for POW later in life
- Use Materials as you see fit. Since your goal is to have high ATP, you might want to consider using about 100 or so Power Materials to get ATP up another 200 points. From there, either max out LCK by using 45 Luck Materials, or spend the rest for EVP/DFP (whichever you want)
- Units: You can use these for Power as well, or for HP, EVP, DFP, whatever. A good recommendation from me: 1 God/Power, 1 God/Battle, 2 God/HP. You can swap them out however you see fit, but ultimately, your MAG and Materials will cover most of your Power needs (Materials + 200 ATP, MAG + 258 ATP, provided you build it with 5/129/66/0). One God/Power will push your ATP to the max.
- HAVE HIT ON YOUR WEAPONS! As a Hunter, it is highly recommended that you seek out weapons with a good amount of hit (20% or higher). They will boost your ATA, and make it more likely you will hit with your attacks. Nothing is worse than having a character built for POW, but not having the ATA to back it up.
- ID: As a Hunter, a Skyly ID is considered the best, since you find Sword-type weapons, and you would also be the only one able to find the ultra-elusive "Sealed J-Sword". Redria is also recommended. Bluefull and Yellowboze will make great Hunter ID's as well. Oran if you like Dagger-type weapons.
Hopefully this helps.

Saffran
Apr 16, 2009, 01:43 PM
Using the Simulator at http://spc.sakura.ne.jp/psobb/psobb_status_/psobb_status.cgi, here are a couple of points you may want to consider:

The maximum ATA you will need on your mag to reach maximum ATA at lv200 is 66, leaving you with 129 pow. That means you would (in that case) need to use 110 pow Materials to get to maximum ATP.

HOWEVER, we know that you will most certainly get units.
I don't think it's too preposterous of me to say you will, in time, get a V101 and at least one Centurion Ability. With those in mind, you can get pretty neat stats if you don't mess up your material usage.

As a matter of fact, IF you get V101+C/Ability (1), you can max out all areas at lv200. The diet is Mag: 5/138/57/0 Mats 87Pow 25Def 15Eva 23Lck.
That leaves you with 2 slots to equip whatever you want.

Generally speaking though, you can aquire C/Abilities rather easily, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure to not eat too many pow mats early on.

As for the ID, Yellowbooze, Oran, Skyly... any is good, but for a Hucast, you might consider one of those 3.

Lord_baxter
Apr 17, 2009, 03:47 AM
Ok, after browsing the rare items list and trial and error, ive decided on the following

name LordB (4 spaces to turn it into a skyly ID)
skyly ID for the sealed j sword which looks AWESOME, it also seems to have ok drop rates for a bunch of other cool swords

the 5/138/57/0 mag build sounds nice, but i read another guide somewhere about rati being the best mag for casts, not sure what stat path to evolve it tho, or what its final stats would end up being though :-?, it had a wierd evolution condition that doesnt seem easy to fulfill considering the advice ive been recieving...

thanks for the help so far, trying to solo forest on normal is a lot harder then i remember it, and foggier ^^;

Saffran
Apr 17, 2009, 04:11 AM
Well, that shouldn't be a problem.
Def+pow = ATA+Mind

So you start feeding him antidotes only until it reaches 50 ATA, then dimates only, and it will transform into a Rati at lv 100. Then you can go again with whatever is needed to raise ATA.

Lord_baxter
Apr 17, 2009, 04:32 AM
Well, that shouldn't be a problem.
Def+pow = ATA+Mind

So you start feeding him antidotes only until it reaches 50 ATA, then dimates only, and it will transform into a Rati at lv 100. Then you can go again with whatever is needed to raise ATA.

so it wont magically change evolutions if i alter that balance?

EDIT: i also fed my mag some monomates, but not so much that it evolved, i think if i just feed it dex/ATA items from now on itl be fine

Saffran
Apr 17, 2009, 01:22 PM
Once you got it to a 4th evolution, it doesn't change anymore, does it ? (never tried)

psofan219
Apr 17, 2009, 02:38 PM
No, once a MAG becomes rare, it stays whatever MAG you have it as. You can completely change around the formula, give it to another character, whatever, it'll still be a (rare MAG name here). It won't change.