PDA

View Full Version : CAST - Guntecher, Anything I should know?

EndlessAxis
Apr 17, 2009, 06:57 AM
Hey, sorry for making so many threads >.< all asking a bunch of nubbish questions
(promise this is the last )

anyways I'll have the game by sunday and I was wondering ( i've been reading alot but my eyes are just about ready to pop out )

I plan to be a CAST - Guntecher ( anything wrong with this choice? or reasons I should might want to consider somthing else ? )

I'm tryin to figure out an original name at the moment and umm
yeah... just wondering if theres anything I should know right when I start.

Magician
Apr 17, 2009, 07:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with being a cast guntecher, just know that the cast race has the lowest TP value, so don't expect to do much damage with attack techs.

Arada
Apr 17, 2009, 07:08 AM
The Race/Type combination you choose is up to your liking, there's not really a good or bad combination. The game is easy. It should only matter if you to optimize your damage output and care about all that.

For the name, anything that comes from another video game is overused so don't choose among those or you'll just be another clone of someone ;)

EndlessAxis
Apr 17, 2009, 07:10 AM
There's nothing wrong with being a cast guntecher, just know that the cast race has the lowest TP value, so don't expect to do much damage with attack techs.

well I really just like using Twin handguns,Rifles,Laser Cannons and shotguns

but I thoght that being able to heal myself with a wand and from what I see in vids you can get techs to buff yourself like the Agtaride potion

btw umm don't casts do the highest damage with guns?

Edit

Arada, what about from Mythology?

Arada
Apr 17, 2009, 07:19 AM
Non, the damage is always calculated with ATP (or TP for techs) and the best at that are beasts.

By the way, a wand is using your right hand and all the weapons you listed use both hands so you can't have a shotgun and a wand to heal, for instance.

If you like those weapon, you'd better become a Fortegunner or better yet, the GunMaster which only has access to these weapons but stronger.

As for Mythology names, depends on which mythology but they're not used that much (at least, I haven't seen many).

EndlessAxis
Apr 17, 2009, 07:28 AM
Non, the damage is always calculated with ATP (or TP for techs) and the best at that are beasts.

By the way, a wand is using your right hand and all the weapons you listed use both hands so you can't have a shotgun and a wand to heal, for instance.

If you like those weapon, you'd better become a Fortegunner or better yet, the GunMaster which only has access to these weapons but stronger.

As for Mythology names, depends on which mythology but they're not used that much (at least, I haven't seen many).

ummm wouldn't that mean that beasts are the best at everything other then techs ?

btw i've been playing on the PSP so umm I unno on my palette I use 4 dual handguns a rifle and a wand to save potions oO
btw umm dosn't what you said mean that casts/humans arn't best at anything?

and umm I don't really wanna become a gunmaster that much because its so limited ... 4 weps will get borring fast enogh O_O

anyways , thanks.

WhiteKnight01
Apr 17, 2009, 07:43 AM
im a cast guntecher too i like it because i can use 21+ buffs but people keep asking me why is my class at 15 why dont you go gunmaster lol

Magician
Apr 17, 2009, 07:55 AM
ummm wouldn't that mean that beasts are the best at everything other then techs ?

Not necessarily. Beasts have the lowest ATA, which means you'll land attacks less often than you would with any other race. Casts, on the other hand, have the hightest ATA and their ATP is the second best in the game, as a result the cast race is often the most popular choice (CAST SUPREMACY!!!) for both the hunter and ranger classes. Then you have the human race, being ranked third in ATP and second in TP, they're a good choice for the hybrid (GT, AT & WT) classes because they can use a mix of melee, ranged, and attack techs. Then there's the neuman race; ranked fourth in ATP, and first in TP, they're the preferred choice for (FT & MF) the pure teching classes.

While there's nothing wrong with playing opposites (cast masterforce, neuman fortefighter, etc), you will get sneers from vets and elitests simply because you're playing neither your race nor your class at the optimum.

EndlessAxis
Apr 17, 2009, 08:34 AM
Not necessarily. Beasts have the lowest ATA, which means you'll land attacks less often than you would with any other race. Casts, on the other hand, have the hightest ATA and their ATP is the second best in the game, as a result the cast race is often the most popular choice (CAST SUPREMACY!!!) for both the hunter and ranger classes. Then you have the human race, being ranked third in ATP and second in TP, they're a good choice for the hybrid (GT, AT & WT) classes because they can use a mix of melee, ranged, and attack techs. Then there's the neuman race; ranked fourth in ATP, and first in TP, they're the preferred choice for (FT & MF) the pure teching classes.

While there's nothing wrong with playing opposites (cast masterforce, neuman fortefighter, etc), you will get sneers from vets and elitests simply because you're playing neither your race nor your class at the optimum.

Wow thanks ^_^.

btw in PSP in the story they mention CAST supremacy alot o.o... I just like how parts/SUV looks and umm ... I'm an "Anti Elitist"
so thats GREAT ^^

Tetsaru
Apr 17, 2009, 03:41 PM
well I really just like using Twin handguns,Rifles,Laser Cannons and shotguns

but I thoght that being able to heal myself with a wand and from what I see in vids you can get techs to buff yourself like the Agtaride potion

I think Gunmaster would be right up your alley. All of those weapons are two-handed, and in order for you to heal using techs, you'd have to switch weapons frequently. Depending on what type of console or computer you use to play, any extra weapon-loading or lag time that you have to go through between getting that heal in before something hits you can put you in a dangerous situation. Also, keep in mind that your character has to stop moving while you're casting technics; you can pop a Trimate pretty much whenever you want, even while moving, AND it's faster. Imo, a gunner with good equipment and proper know-how of his/her weapons in combat can do just fine with Dimates, Trimates, Star Atomizers, Sol Atomizers, Agtarides, Zodiarides, and/or Megistarides (personally I use Megistarides only right before using my SUV so my health doesn't go down, unless a techer has already buffed me with stronger buffs). I say leave support to the Acrotecher in the party. =P

Also, to give you an idea of damage, my max-level male Cast Gunmaster, equipped with a 9/9 Rattlesnake and a Lumirus/Kaos Knight, has critted for close to 2600 damage using around a Lv45 Dark Shot against a Kakwane with top-tier Acrotecher buffs. My 6/6 Spread Needle/G using a Lv50 dark bullet with the same conditions does around 1100 per bullet, so around 5500 damage point-blank. :3 Sure, Beast Gunmasters are capable of even HIGHER numbers, but overall, I'd say Casts are better for dealing more CONSISTENT damage due to their superior accuracy stats. Of course, some argue that accuracy is irrelevant, and that Beasts' Nanoblasts help them take care of bullet-resistant enemies, so it really just comes down to your preferences.

lantis-zagato
Apr 18, 2009, 05:16 PM
My suggestion is to try crossbows if you want to stay guntecher. they are a more mobile shotty and are probably the best damage dealer for the class. Not to mention they spread status effects quite easily. And, to top it all off you can still use your wand in the other hand at the same time. It's really a win win based off what you said you liked from PSP. I would grab a slot or two for rifles, then a slot for twin guns, and one for lasers. I'd keep it something like this...

tech mag/wand (Buffs)
rifle
xbow, wand (resta, reverser)
xbow, wand (Resta, giresta)
twin
laser

This sort of set up allows you to use all of the weapons you like but also make use of one of the best aspects of guntechers, which is being mobile while healing and attacking.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 18, 2009, 05:46 PM
My suggestion is to try crossbows if you want to stay guntecher. they are a more mobile shotty and are probably the best damage dealer for the class. Not to mention they spread status effects quite easily. And, to top it all off you can still use your wand in the other hand at the same time. It's really a win win based off what you said you liked from PSP. I would grab a slot or two for rifles, then a slot for twin guns, and one for lasers. I'd keep it something like this...

tech mag/wand (Buffs)
rifle
xbow, wand (resta, reverser)
xbow, wand (Resta, giresta)
twin
laser

This sort of set up allows you to use all of the weapons you like but also make use of one of the best aspects of guntechers, which is being mobile while healing and attacking.

Small note but Machineguns are the best damage dealer for the Guntecher, not Crossbows. As already noted, Crossbows are fantastic at spreading status effects but unless you get close enough to land all three shots on a single target their DPS is much weaker than Machineguns. Also note that as a CAST the Machinegun will fill your SUV more quickly than any other weapon.

As for Twin Handguns these are alright but unless you need the added range I would stick with Machineguns and Crossbows. Even a Rifle can provide a first-person view weapon and greater range than the Twin Handguns along with the knock down effect at 31+.

Bushido808
Apr 18, 2009, 06:43 PM
Casts guntechers are good, it would be wise to lvl up bullets for SHOTGUNS RIFLES TEIN HAND GUNS AND LASSERCANNONS to 21+ then maby eventually to forte gunner then to gun master if u have 30+ bullets on a gun master you will be doing some epic damage lol just like m :P if u need a friend to play with just add me on xbox live xX BUSH1DO Xx and when u get the game ill gladly help you out

lantis-zagato
Apr 21, 2009, 04:25 PM
Small note but Machineguns are the best damage dealer for the Guntecher, not Crossbows. As already noted, Crossbows are fantastic at spreading status effects but unless you get close enough to land all three shots on a single target their DPS is much weaker than Machineguns. Also note that as a CAST the Machinegun will fill your SUV more quickly than any other weapon.

As for Twin Handguns these are alright but unless you need the added range I would stick with Machineguns and Crossbows. Even a Rifle can provide a first-person view weapon and greater range than the Twin Handguns along with the knock down effect at 31+.

This is definitely true. The only problem is that machine guns run out of Photon points so fast it can become a pain unless you carry extra or really like the photon charges. I play a little differently and find that crossbows, while not doing as much damage per second, have a much longer shelf life while still doing some decent damage. Not as much as the machine guns but I can run pretty much any mission and never use a photon charge. The quote from Hiero is completely correct however and I would also suggest some machine guns for you're pallete. The suggestion I made before was just based off of what weapons you said you wanted to use.

Genoa
Apr 21, 2009, 10:29 PM
All this comparing damage against other classes is ridiculous. ANY hybrid class will not out DPS a Forte or Master class because hybrid classes have versatility, whether it be in stats, weapon availability, PA levels, or Support/Attack techs.
As for Guntecher, they have good TP, Attack and Support tech levels, and high bullet levels. The ATP and ATA is mediocre, but you do have the ability to use tier 3 buffs/heals for compensation. It has decent MST/EVP as well.
Just don't expect to be amazing, as GT you'll be decent support for your party, so put it to use. Any race can use Resta perfectly fine, so don't think because you're cast you can't heal someone. As a Lv.150 Cast MF1, my Resta 10 on an Okarod fully healed a Cast Lv.150 GM 20 from peril health, so a GT's Lv.30 Resta would do fine.

Until the Bow's get fixed, I would highly recommend a 10/10 Phantom.
A Van/Madam's Brella would be perfect for a Shotgun.
Degahna Cannon ftw
A nice Xbow and Machinegun works well in conjunction with Wand for support.
Despite cards only being at A-rank, a high grinded Card Regas beats MOST of the S-ranks out. The new 12* Yohmei S-rank cards have 300 ATP, where my 9/9 Card Regas had a little over 300, and that's only a 9*.
I'm not a fan of Twin Handguns, but I suppose they'd be good DPS for GT.
I just wouldn't recommend using attack techs on a Cast GT, but Casts can support perfectly fine.

Th3 Blaz3king
Apr 21, 2009, 10:36 PM
never been a big fan of guntechers i considered them support like wartechers and acrotecheres, there pretty week becausee there hybrid but it is a fun class to be but its one of the worst if you consider damage and strength and if you want to solo missions

xXNinjaXx
Apr 22, 2009, 09:19 AM
a LONG time ago when i played, i was a cast guntecher til i quit
it was SO much fun lol. I only had lv 10 techs, so i was very limited, its changed now
I recommend getting:
--one long bow (Stronger then rifle, shoot farther, little bit slower and no knockback tho:/ ]
--one rifle (10/10 phantom) as recommended
--Definite Twin pistols (10/10 Battlestoppers if you can afford them)
--Degahna Cannon ftw x2!
--Wand with either a crossbow/cards/or mech gun (i loved using kikamis so always had tho, got them to lv 40 in no time:D)
--and a shottie isnt always needed as a guntecher, because you can just add another wand with another 1 handed gun with is good on mobility and support (Thats what Guntecher has, mobility, support, and distance. Up in their face with a shotty kind defeats that to me)

And as for armors, get your hands on probably a storm line. Cheap armor with all 4 slots
Acquire either like an orpa force or a sori tech charge to maximize your wands

lantis-zagato
Apr 22, 2009, 12:35 PM
My pallete as a 150/20 male beast guntecher is like this...it works well for me.

Wand / tech mag (buffs)
wand / xbow (diga, nosdiga)
wand / xbow (resta, giresta)
wand / xbow (resta, reverser)
wand / machine gun (resta, megid)
bow or rifle or twin handgun, very rarely shotty (in that order of preference)

I don't know how guntechers stack up against big damage dealing classes but I never feel like I'm useless. And, it's always nice to hear from people that you are a great "fortetecher" because they don't even realize you are fighting and healing at the same time. If you are someone consumed with only putting up the biggest numbers on the screen this is not the class for you. If you wan't to be versatile and use basically any race, guntecher is a smart choice.

Talise
Apr 22, 2009, 01:08 PM
I've always considered guntecher and acrotecher great solo classes since they can heal, but that's just me. I've also not used guntecher since masterclasses tho, back when SE spreading was still a good way of dealing damage(lvl 4 infection/burn), and AT's casting speed now loses out to Masterforce.

Hiero_Glyph
Apr 22, 2009, 01:18 PM
a LONG time ago when i played, i was a cast guntecher til i quit
it was SO much fun lol. I only had lv 10 techs, so i was very limited, its changed now
I recommend getting:
--one long bow (Stronger then rifle, shoot farther, little bit slower and no knockback tho:/ ]
--one rifle (10/10 phantom) as recommended
--Definite Twin pistols (10/10 Battlestoppers if you can afford them)
--Degahna Cannon ftw x2!
--Wand with either a crossbow/cards/or mech gun (i loved using kikamis so always had tho, got them to lv 40 in no time:D)
--and a shottie isnt always needed as a guntecher, because you can just add another wand with another 1 handed gun with is good on mobility and support (Thats what Guntecher has, mobility, support, and distance. Up in their face with a shotty kind defeats that to me)

And as for armors, get your hands on probably a storm line. Cheap armor with all 4 slots
Acquire either like an orpa force or a sori tech charge to maximize your wands

A GT needs to be able to support, as a result loading up on two-handed weapons is a bad thing.

For one, carrying both a Longbow and a Rifle is overkill and takes up quite a few of your 36 PA spots. I would suggest switching out one for the other as needed, but rarely use both at the same time. If we ever get the AoTI supplemental update the Longbows will be much more viable as they will be able to hit PA level 50 (but so will rifles).

As for which rifle to use, you will never be able to deal much damage so I would suggest using a Kiujibahoh over a Phantom as you mainly want it for the PP (especially after the update). Phantoms are fairly inexpensive currently, you might as well pick up one to use for boss battles though. For Longbows, just use whatever as you will eventually acquire the Erdel one. As Longbows are fairly pointless currently (ignore DFP does not make up for the slower firing rate and lack of knock down), I would suggest using a Hirokteri as they are the cheapest S-rank.

Twins are great as a GT but again they take up a full slot. Twins are a great substitute for a Longbow and they allow you to remain mobile and then use a Rifle for support. Sadly, the Battlestoppers are minimally better than the Twin Ruby Bullets, so I would go for the cheaper option of the two (if the sound they make doesn't drive you crazy).

Laser Cannons are tricky as both technics and laser serve a linear function. Some prefer to use a wand paired with an S-rank RCSM while others prefer to use a Laser Cannon. As you are a CAST I would go with the Laser Cannon option and as noted above the Degahna Cannon is the best A-rank available. Keep in mind that you do not need to bing a Laser Cannon with you on every mission so just use it accordingly and save yourself from wasting a slot.

You will need a buff slot, so grab a Cometarac or Magical Wand and pair it with your preferred TCSM (pick the one you find the most appealing visually).

All of the remaining slots should be filled with a wand and a Crossbow/Machinegun (or possibly a Card*). *These are especially good against dragons as you can target their head while remaining mobile.

Oh, and Shotguns do serve a purpose, but that is only when you can double-shot enemies. For now, just ignore them and if you see a Van/Madam Brella 10/10 for cheap, pick it up.