PDA

View Full Version : A guide for The Magashi Plan?

Tyreek
Apr 18, 2009, 04:03 PM
Well, I wanted to know if there is a guide for playing The Magashi Plan? I got pretty close, all the way to Block C1, but I got killed off by the Vandas near those 4 disarming traps. But is there a proper guide on how to go through this mission, as far as enemy spawns and such?

Tyreek
Apr 18, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cool, thanks ZeroTheBurninator.

Th3 Blaz3king
Apr 19, 2009, 02:29 AM
Its easy not really a worry but i havent tried with techer or gunner but fighter easily get job done. Just get invincible beast go in there and have a pallet of 3 spears and 3 double sabers and dus marjara and tornado dance away. I have done this over 10 times and not failed once.

darkante
Apr 19, 2009, 03:21 AM
Gunner have the easiest time for obvious reasons.

Twin Handgun, Machinegun, Crossbow...etc are all great tools to beat this mission.

Arika
Apr 19, 2009, 03:22 AM
Will there be a guide that really actually help you?
mostly it is all common sense, just wear the correct elemental armor (you can either use fire or dark) dodge those fire ball and megid, walk around and kill things. Disarm trap has nothing to be worried about since you can reequip weapon

ShonagarACE
Apr 19, 2009, 04:13 AM
Will there be a guide that really actually help you?
mostly it is all common sense, just wear the correct elemental armor (you can either use fire or dark) dodge those fire ball and megid, walk around and kill things. Disarm trap has nothing to be worried about since you can reequip weapon

Yeah, I found it to be pretty simple.

Tyreek
Apr 19, 2009, 11:55 AM
Yes, it does seem simple enough. I was doing pretty okay up to Block C, however, the moment I reached those Vandas near that cross section of disarm traps, I ran out of all my recovery items. It was only a matter of time before I got shot with a double foie shot.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 19, 2009, 11:56 AM
Yes, it does seem simple enough. I was doing pretty okay up to Block C, however, the moment I reached those Vandas near that cross section of disarm traps, I ran out of all my recovery items. It was only a matter of time before I got shot with a double foie shot.

Wear elemental armor or dodge more...

darkante
Apr 19, 2009, 02:19 PM
A high Fire elemental Line shield is to be recommended there along with Legless / Rainbow.

Randomness
Apr 19, 2009, 03:22 PM
Resta is win solo.

EDIT:There is one specific strategy I use, though. For block A-2, all four enemies can be baited behind one of the barriers, then you run around it, and their melee is useless. Since their techs are all straight, linear shots, and have a very obvious windup, you can engage them with almost no risk this way.

ashley50
Apr 19, 2009, 08:08 PM
Come prepared?
Do a test run on C?

Tyreek
Apr 19, 2009, 08:45 PM
Come prepared?
Do a test run on C?

Why thank you for your smug concern ashley50. In any case, I took the liberty of grabbing something extra before starting it. And low and behold, I beat the mission on A. Funny thing here is... I recorded the whole thing. ;) More Youtube fodder I guess.

Dymalos
Apr 19, 2009, 09:08 PM
Should I bother attempting this on A as a level 104 Beast? I could go as either a 20 Guntecher or 10 Acrotecher. I have a good load out of weapons for either type, Cati/Rainbow and 9*+ Line Shields for every element with 30+%'s...

Randomness
Apr 19, 2009, 09:22 PM
As a 20 Guntecher you should at least be able to reach B-1, and theres loads of goodies in A.

I usually get killed by Dilnazens in B-1 myself.

ShonagarACE
Apr 19, 2009, 09:27 PM
As a 20 Guntecher you should at least be able to reach B-1, and theres loads of goodies in A.

I usually get killed by Dilnazens in B-1 myself.

Same here as my GT.

Darius_Drake
Apr 20, 2009, 02:07 PM
Its easy not really a worry but i havent tried with techer or gunner but fighter easily get job done. Just get invincible beast go in there and have a pallet of 3 spears and 3 double sabers and dus marjara and tornado dance away. I have done this over 10 times and not failed once.

Dang, I must admit that using invincible beast and having 3 double sabers with tornado dance and 3 spears with dus majarra is a good tactic. I have actually beat this mission only using the 3 double sabers. In the final room, use the whole room. Don't let the dividers limit you. A quick tap of the button readies your weapon again. If you anticipate it, its almost like your weapon was never unequipped.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 20, 2009, 04:55 PM
Gunmaster has it easy for this mission. I'll tell you what I do:

Overall Frozen Shot and Barara Riga are the two best bullets for this mission.

Blk A-1: Use Barada Riga or Barada Inga for all the Nava Ludas spawns. I find riga better because the Navas are usually mixed in with Druas, and you want to get rid of them immediately. For the Delp Salmi, Rising shot will kill them fast.

Blk A-2: Only 4 enemies, use frozen shot all the way. If you see the Bafal start up a charge, run out of the way quickly. Better to play it safe.

Blk B-1: In the first room use Frozen shot to kill everything. Stand by the doorway so the Dilnazan won't be able to chase you. There's a strategy with Frozen Shot, if you freeze one enemy, shoot the other and if that one is frozen, go back to the first enemy and re-freeze it
For zoona just frozen shot them. The last room might be tricky as there's no where to hide. Here's the thing, only 3 enemies spawn at a time. If you avoid killling the Nava you can avoid having to fight multiple Dilnazans. If you end up fighting two Dilnazens at once Just freeze one, and concentrate on beating the crap out of the other before the first one unfreezes.

Blk B-2: Use Light element rifle/shotgun to kill the Galdeen. Leave the Vanda alone for now. If it throws a diga, just dodge it. Once you finished all the Galdeens, Frozen Shot the vandas.

Blk C-1: Stand by doorway and use Frozen/Plasma Shot to kill all the Orgas. On the bridge you'll fight two Bil Des. Plasma shot will not keep both away from you, use frozen shot instead to freeze one at time then keep refreezing them. They won't get a single hit on you if you doi it right. For the last part, just snipe from the from the bridge with the rifle. Be careful with the Carriguines though. If you see one, run immediately to the opposite end of the bridge then snipe it as it gets stuck at the side of the bridge. Dodge the triple megid first if it uses it, then kill it.

You are done. Now get your crap and do it again. :P

I'll write one for acrotecher soon.

Hope this helps :D

Randomness
Apr 20, 2009, 05:20 PM
Ooh goodie, an AT guide. Should be roughly equivalent to a WT guide!

Tyreek
Apr 20, 2009, 05:44 PM
Here, I did this as a FM. Visuals for people to observe and plan. As a Fighmaster, I recommend using the PA Tornado Dance a lot. Especially to get outta those tight spaces. And also have Spiral Dance for close combat measures for enemies like Vanda, which are as much of a threat as bigger enemies since they use Diga and Foie for high damage.

@Sexy_Raine: You're making an AT guide for this huh? This may be helpful to a friend of mine who's trying to beat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-hMIt0W3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnF-1Tt3heM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1DZvtj6dyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYGSgKJw-y8

Tyreek
Apr 20, 2009, 06:28 PM
Aw thanks. I didn't expect it to turn out so well, but it may be of help if you observe how things go from there.

And I'm interested in how an AT can beat this mission. That'd be an awesome sight.

Warlock01
Apr 20, 2009, 10:08 PM
tyreek, just a quick one for ya.
why u carry so much and miss out on picking up stuff?

u dropped 4 catillium and skipped tons of decent items.

Randomness
Apr 20, 2009, 10:38 PM
I'll say this much. The one time I got past the Dilnazens in the first room of B-1 on my main, I died to Zonde-from-above in the second.

Anyone have a way to hit the Zoonas without using first-person? (And hence, being able to easily dodge them)

All of a sudden I'm thinking cards...

As to beating the dilnazens, I retreated to the door so they'd despawn before they could melee. From there, I just spammed Diga. (Any techer that doesn't level diga or foie must be a masochist)

LionHeart-
Apr 20, 2009, 11:44 PM
Mines on youtube aswell, i'll post links later. I might do a aF one to.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 20, 2009, 11:45 PM
As I promised, I'll explain how to do it as Acrotecher:

You have suopport to use, take advantage of them, esp. Giresta. AT can also use some traps, buy 5 Freeze G traps, they will help you.

Blk A-1: Get a good whip and use Vivi Danga, I prefer Adac for the stun SE. You shouldn't have any problems with the Nava/Drua groups. For the Delp Salmis, use twin handguns or cards as you don't want to take any chances with megid.

Blk A-2: Twin Handgun, card, or diga should kill all 4 of these guys easily. Dodge the Bafal's charge if you see coming.

Blk B-1: First room, just stand by the doorway and let the Nava Ludas and Dilnazens come to you. You can kill them fairly easy with foie or zonde. For zoona room, use cards or twin handguns. For the last room, like in my Gunmaster post, you'll want to kill the Dilnazen the instant it shows up. Use your best saber/dagger PA to get rid of them. If you end up having to fight 2 Dilnazens at once, use 2 or 3 Freeze G traps, and kill the one not frozen.

Blk B-2: Like GM, just kill all the Galdeens first. It only takes one foie to kill them, but you can melee them too. Dodge the Vanda diga while your killing them. For the Vanda use Twin Handgun/Card or Diga, you don't want their fire breath on you.

Blk C-1: First part, you're fighting two Orgas at a time. Use a quick Saber/Dagger PA to take each one out. Move around a lot, and watch their movement. You don't want to get caught in a double foie or fire breath. Next, the bridge with 2 Bil De, hopefully if you have at least two Freeze G it'll be real easy. Concentrate on killing one while the other is still frozen. Foie works great here. If you melee. watch what you use as you don't want the Bil des to spin in that tight spot! For the last part, take your time. Stay near the bridge, and kill everything from there with Foie, Cards or twin handguns. For the enemies toward the back of the room, let them chase toward the bridge, they won't be able to reach all the way. Also, be careful with the Carris, run to the other end of the bridge and kill them from far, they should get stuck near the side of the bridge. Dodge the triple megid if they do it.

Good job, take your damn items and try it again.

Honestly, GM is just plain better for this. But for whatever reason you're not using GM, AT can be decent at beating this mission.

Hope this helps. :D

Sprite~
Apr 21, 2009, 04:07 AM
Definately worth trying to beat this mission as an AT after reading Raine's post. As the other techers mentioned, it's those darn Dilnazens that get me. Even with maxed healing spells and a Har unit, it's too risky trying to heal with anything other than a Trimate/Dimate after one whack from those mobs, as taking the time to cast is more than enough time for the Dilnazen to squeak in a killing blow.

Being honest, I never thought of using traps. Thanks for the tip, gonna give this a go in a bit :3

Tyreek
Apr 21, 2009, 07:05 AM
tyreek, just a quick one for ya.
why u carry so much and miss out on picking up stuff?

u dropped 4 catillium and skipped tons of decent items.

I came prepared. I have more than enough Catilium, so I wanted to make space for any new weapons that dropped. Especially Asura-hikec.

Neith
Apr 21, 2009, 08:27 AM
I've been running this as a GM, so I figure I'll give my input into how I run the mission (Human GM, so no win-button Paradi).

A-1: Twin Handguns for Navals that stray from the group, Barada Inga for when they're together. Should be no problem. Barada Riga for Drua Gohra (I shoot them from the sides, as it makes dodging the Foie easier, as well as giving me a lot of targets to hit with the Shotgun). Delp Slamis are wasted with either a Lv31+ Rifle (to knock them over, preventing any cheap Megid deaths), or close range with Barada Yoga. Normally I wouldn't use Light element on Delp Slami (owing to their ability), but they have reduced HP anyway, so its safe.

A-2: Very easy. Barada Riga for Bafals, and Barada Yoga for Jusnagun. Hiding behind the fence will keep you safe from melee attacks, but with my GM I kill most of the enemies in A-2 in 2-3 shots anyway.

B-1: Twin Handguns or even Rifles for Nava Ludda- it's a bit dangerous to use Shotgun here immediately because of the Dilnazen. For the Dilnazen, Lv31+ Rifle to stun them for a while. Lv150+ Dilnazen are too fast to keep stunlocked though, and WILL jump at you after a bit. When that happens, predict the landing spot, and you should be able to pull a Shotgun with Barada Yoga onto the back of the Dilnazen. What I do next for Dilnazen is shoot once or twice, then run around them. Basically, you can spend most of the fight against them running in circles, and because of GM's attack speed, you can get the occasional shotgun blast off. Not too hard. The Zoona are downed easily with Twin Handguns or Rifles. For the double Dilnazen spawn (where they're both buffed), wait for both to spawn (by killing Nava Luddas). Drop Burn Trap G, and run around them. Don't worry about the disarming trap, just re-equip again. While the trap is ticking try and get the odd Barada Yoga shot off on one of the Dilnazen. Focus on one- one alive Dilnazen on full HP is less dangerous than two on reduced HP. If need be, drop another Burn Trap G to get the job done. This double buffed Dilnazen spawn is the hardest spawn in the mission for a GM, in my opinion.

B-2: Ignore the Vanda Merha. Their Diga is easily dodged, and they won't actively pursue you (instead, just throwing Diga constantly). The Galdeen have the potential to waste Mates, so take them out first. I tend to use a Shotgun to do the job faster. Once all the Galdeen are dead, use whatever you like on Vanda Merha. They're very easy, provided you don't stand right in front of them (in which case you deserve to die).

C-1: Vanda Orga near the start are taken out easily with Shotgun blasts from behind (1-2 shots for me). For the Bil De Vear ambush on the bridge, drop a DoT trap (Burn/Virus, whatever) and spawn the Vears. Detonate it when they spawn, and run round the back of one. This spawn isn't too hard provided you don't get trapped in a corner. Run around the Vears while they Burn and take them down with Barada Inga. For the last room, GM has it very easy. Use a Lv31+ Rifle and just stand on the bridge where you fought the Vears. Most Vanda Orga will be in range and the knockdown on the Rifle shots will keep them useless. When a Vear spawns, either stagger-lock it with the Rifle, or if it does reach you just run behind it and Barada Inga. Take care not to run too far into the room- you don't want to spawn the Carriguines unexpectedly. Try and stay as near to the bridge as you can. Once everything else is dead, walk into the room JUST far enough so that a Carriguine spawns. Use a Rifle and just take it out from a distance. Usually, the Carriguine will just stand there and get killed. In the event it does charge, run for the bridge and position yourself directly behind one of the laser-fence posts. If you do it right, the Carriguine will aim for there and end up getting stuck. You can then back off a few steps and take it out with a Rifle. I wouldn't suggest a Shotgun because the Damfoie attack or Megid will almost certainly hit you at such close range. Repeat this for the remaining Carriguine(s).

That works for me, but I do still die sometimes (usually to the Carriguine if I can't get to the bridge in time, or to the Vears on the bridge if I get stuck in a corner). Honestly though, the Dilnazen are the hardest monsters in the mission.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Apr 21, 2009, 09:33 AM
How do you guys make movies anyways? Just out of curiousity.

ashley50
Apr 21, 2009, 09:40 AM
fraps?

Warlock01
Apr 21, 2009, 09:49 AM
I came prepared. I have more than enough Catilium, so I wanted to make space for any new weapons that dropped. Especially Asura-hikec.

ah i see.

i just did my first run. however i died in the last room. got 1 hitted to death :(

i used tornado dance the entire way and about 25 trimates and a few photon charges.

honestly, i thought i would need a lot more.

gonna throw a stack of shpere's on now and go crazy.

Tyreek
Apr 24, 2009, 12:12 PM
Well, seeing as how The Magashi Plan got a small update, I might as well ask in my own thread. Is there any significant differences in that mission other than Leo and Tonnio joining you? Like any routes opened up?

SabZero
Apr 24, 2009, 12:50 PM
No new routes yet, only NPC.

Tyreek
Apr 24, 2009, 01:08 PM
Hmm. Speaking of the NPCs, aree they any story branches involving them this time?

Chuck_Norris
Apr 24, 2009, 07:28 PM
No new routes yet, only NPC.

Technically, you can choose to take the path on the left now and fight Magashi.

Tyreek
Apr 25, 2009, 12:23 AM
Technically, you can choose to take the path on the left now and fight Magashi.

That's all I needed to know. Thank you.