PDA

View Full Version : New FMA?

Kylie
Apr 18, 2009, 10:56 PM
That's right, and it's already started airing. Basically, it's a remake of the show that follows the manga more closely than the original anime did. A lot of fans of the original show are unhappy about this, but others are happy because it means more FMA. What do you think?

AC9breaker
Apr 18, 2009, 10:59 PM
My favorite thing about FMA was that Kung-fu generation opening theme they had. Never really was that in to the show. But it's funny cause I have seen all the episode and the movie. Didn't care enough to read the manga though. Most of the characters in the world seem quite annoying to me.

Syl
Apr 18, 2009, 11:29 PM
Well just from the 2 episodes out right now, I'm totally digging it. It's kind of like Hellsing Ultimate, but for FMA. I just wonder how long the series will be this time around.

Aisha379
Apr 18, 2009, 11:47 PM
FMA is perhaps the only situation where I preferred the anime over the manga. Now granted, I only ready, what, two or three volumes? But I liked the overall tone of the anime more...its one of my favorite actually.

I didn't know this was already coming out though, I'll have to check it out and make more comments then.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 19, 2009, 12:06 AM
It's okay.

I'll wait for a while until I pass judgement.

I sound like a douchebag.

TheOneHero
Apr 19, 2009, 12:08 AM
Oh it started airing? Cool beans, I heard about it last year sometime and totally forgot.

I absolutely love the first FMA Anime, I'll check out the new one once more episodes are released.

Kylie
Apr 19, 2009, 08:22 AM
FMA has always been one of my favorite series too. I love Izumi Curtis, and I'd like to see what differences they have with her. <3 I originally watched the show dubbed, but I don't mind watching subbed.

Zarode
Apr 19, 2009, 08:33 AM
It looks nice in HD, I will say that much. Although, to be honest...

Seems like its gonna be the same ride, just a lot prettier.

Midicronica
Apr 19, 2009, 08:34 AM
My favorite thing about FMA was that Kung-fu generation opening theme they had.

Fuck yeah! Rewrite is an awesome song. After Dark ain't too bad either.

FMA has always been one of my favorite series too. I love Izumi Curtis, and I'd like to see what differences they have with her. <3 I originally watched the show dubbed, but I don't mind watching subbed.

FMA is one of the few shows that had really great English dubbing. I don't watch much dubbed anime but it seems that most of the recent licensed anime from Funimation has decent English dubbing.

As for this new FMA, I'm a little skeptical. I'll check it out when I have time. I'm hoping that we get to see more of Hughes this time around. He was the most charismatic character in the series, in my opinion.

hewitt
Apr 19, 2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah, Hughes was awesome. :)

TheOneHero
Apr 19, 2009, 12:00 PM
I loved Hughes, he was brilliant. As for the English Dub, I really enjoyed it/approve. Crazy right? Most anime is just terrible when dubbed.

Kylie
Apr 19, 2009, 12:13 PM
Thew newer ones seem all right (Bleach, Death Note, Code: Geas); maybe because of the increasing popularity.

Weeaboolits
Apr 19, 2009, 12:19 PM
I saw an episode on some website, it if really is more faithful to the manga, it'll be a lot better, the first animu started doing all manner of stupid nonsense about halfway through (like that whole "hay look Tucker isn't really dead he's a chimera doing experiments lololol" bit, not to mention yanking the animu's antagonist out of their ass instead of using a character that was actually IN the source material).

Kent
Apr 19, 2009, 05:37 PM
I had no idea this was happening, really.

I don't typically read manga - I have a few books, but that's it. I liked what I saw of Fullmetal Alchemist, though I can't say I've seen all of it.

stukasa
Apr 19, 2009, 08:58 PM
I've been planning to watch it, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I really liked the original anime series but I haven't read the manga, so I'm interested to see how the story differs. :)

Midicronica
Apr 19, 2009, 09:06 PM
Just watched the first two episodes and I'd have to say that it's pretty great. It's everything you'd expect from FMA. I was expecting it to be just a boring recap of the first but that wasn't the case. They've found ways to keep it fresh and interesting.

The third episode was just subbed today and is available for download.

amtalx
Apr 19, 2009, 10:07 PM
The only series I like more than FMA is GitS. I'm glad that they are retelling the story and not just pumping out a new but lame storyline. I'll wait until the run is complete to watch it, but I don't think its a bad idea.

Triple_S
Apr 20, 2009, 09:08 PM
I loved the original FMA anime and never did read the manga.

Brotherhood has already hooked me in two episodes, and honestly I hope Funimation dubs this one too. I loved the English FMA cast.

Lance813
Apr 20, 2009, 09:20 PM
I really like how they are portraying Mustang this time around.

TheOneHero
Apr 21, 2009, 12:15 AM
and honestly I hope Funimation dubs this one too. I loved the English FMA cast.

Truer words have never been spoken regarding Anime. You sir, have my approval.

Weeaboolits
Apr 21, 2009, 10:19 PM
I remember hearing that the cast of the first series would be reprising their roles, however I don't remember where I heard it, so I can't say how reliable that info is.

TWM_Metatron
Apr 21, 2009, 10:53 PM
I am loving it. Finally they portray Cornello like the annoying sack of garbage that he is. That grovelling scene at the end of Episode 3 was priceless.

Also, Episode 1, which I had never seen in any version before, was just plain epic, especially when Fuhrer Bradley unleashed his own personal brand of whoopass. You never see stuff like that in Episode 1 of anything, where a character that's not THE main character unleashing such ownage upon an opponent.

EDIT: As for the American voices, I am kind of iffy about it. I mean, Vic and Travis coming back as Ed and Roy would be epic, but the original voice of Al... I don't think it would fit anymore since the voice actor kinda went through puberty and grew up so they're gonna need to find a new voice actor for the part be it another kid or be it one of those women who can pull such a voice off.