tadtwisted
Apr 19, 2009, 02:01 AM
I was looking up what is comming out on Xbox Live Arcade and it popped up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_Arcade_games

Here's hoping it's true

Itchee
Apr 20, 2009, 07:59 AM
Wow...awesome pick for XBLA.
I remember picking this up for the Genesis when it was released.
Classic....

rayner
Apr 21, 2009, 08:36 AM
I'll be sure to download this game on first day... Phantasy Star II is my favorite in the series. My final team is Rolf, Rudo, Anna & Amy.

BloodyBandage
May 8, 2009, 11:28 PM
Excellent find...would say I'm happy its on 360 but I got the ps3 and wii also, but XBLA comes through again in the clutch! :)

Game Videos (http://gamefriends.com/game_videos), Ask a Gamer (http://gamefriends.com/ask), Game News (http://gamefriends.com/game_news)

vanhalendlrband
Jun 4, 2009, 01:05 AM
I'm counting down the days, i'm now trying to decide if i should wait till i get HD to play through the whole game again, god knows there's a but load of RPGs coming out for 360 that I don't even have time for the ones that are out.

I really hope one day Phantasy Star V will be a reality.

ZeroKamikaze
Jun 10, 2009, 01:21 PM
yep It's available today for 400 points (roughly $5), along with a few other "vintage" titles. I havent played any of the originals, but I might try Phantasy star 2 now that I have the opportunity.

XX F3AR13SS XX
Jun 10, 2009, 06:53 PM
xbox360 beats all!!

rayner
Jun 11, 2009, 09:56 AM
I started playing last night, didn't get very far... I forgot how unforgiving older RPG's were and I LOVE IT!!! Should be done with it in a week or 2.

Voison
Jun 11, 2009, 12:09 PM
Just Bought It.

Woot.

StuffBadK
Jun 20, 2009, 12:59 PM
This game is great. Never played it before so glad I have the chance to now :) .
Definate must buy.

OrangeTippedGun
Jun 20, 2009, 11:36 PM
I remember scouring through EB stores for Phantasy Star Collection for GBA when I was 11. I had already been in love with Phantasy Star Online for the GC when I was 9 and I required more Phantasy Star and really wanted to see what the series was first like for myself. Lol, it was kinda disappointing. The collection for GBA came with PS's 1-3. 1 was ok but I just couldn't stand the graphics. I hated the whole look, style, music, and theme to PS3. But PS2 was by far my favorite. I loved the character and Nei was so awesome. Still haven't played PS4 though.

Crazyleo
Jun 21, 2009, 10:21 AM
I remember scouring through EB stores for Phantasy Star Collection for GBA when I was 11. I had already been in love with Phantasy Star Online for the GC when I was 9 and I required more Phantasy Star and really wanted to see what the series was first like for myself. Lol, it was kinda disappointing. The collection for GBA came with PS's 1-3. 1 was ok but I just couldn't stand the graphics. I hated the whole look, style, music, and theme to PS3. But PS2 was by far my favorite. I loved the character and Nei was so awesome. Still haven't played PS4 though.

Probably the reason why you were not impressed with PS 1, was that the first title was released on the Sega Master System, which was an 8-bit machine (along side with the Nintendo Entertainment System). PS 4 however is the best of the original series. The story is told through comic-book style panels...the music was superb, and the graphics was top notch. The story as well closed off the entire series at that time quite nicely.

Gibdozer
Jun 28, 2009, 01:41 PM
No the reason he wasn't impressed is because he grew up in a latter generation of gaming. Back when PS1 released it was cutting edge and the only game of it's kind. Although the 1st person dungeon style was scrapped for the top down view in II,III,and IV it still holds a very special place for those of us who first fired it up on the mastersystem, just like PSO does for you Orange.

It's nice to see more people being exposed to PS II though, it is by far the best RPG of the 16-bit era in gaming. PS IV is just a little to easy to claim that title. If your serious about playing PS II I recommend finding the hint book and map (ebay is a good place to look) as the game originally shipped with these and they are intended to be used as reference material.