PDA

View Full Version : AotI Stuck at Ep2 Ch6 Rescuing Hyuga

Illusionist Lynx
Apr 20, 2009, 01:57 PM
Phantasy Star Universe Ambition of the Illuminis
Episode 2 Chapter 6: Rescuing Hyuga

I am currently playing through PSU offline, have reached the mentioned level, and am positively unable to complete the stage. Maybe I'm just absent minded and missed something, but any help would be much appreciated.

Let me start by saying that I have watched this level played through on Youtube and it does not begin at all the way it does for me. I shall refer you to the following link and describe the discrepancies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMGcsRnVYCI

First, the stage begins at G.R.M. Cargo Train: Car 2, while for me it begins at G.R.M. Cargo Train: Car 3. Also, I do not get any messages saying "Trial Start" or "Eliminate 100 Malfunctioning Guard Machines" at any point during the stage.

When I start the stage, I progress forward killing a small group of lizard like enemies and move into the next area. In front of me is a locked gate. I turn around and progress through a gauntlet of laser turrets to acquire the key and then return to unlock the gate. Moving forward is a few more enemies and eventually the door to the next car. I am now apparently in car 2 - which looks EXACTLY like the starting location seen in the video above except for one major difference. The laser fence shown in the video runs across the middle of the car leaving the player free to move up the ramps on either side. In my stage it is the exact opposite. There are laser fences running across both ramps leaving the center area open. Walking as far as I can forward through the center area I end up hitting another laser fence of the opposite side leaving only one place left to go. I can turn around and go through a warp point by some crates. This takes me back to the previous area where I can break open 8 or so crates (Nothing in them) and hit a switch to get out of the fenced off area.

This is as far as I can progress.

If anyone can tell me what is going on I would really like to be able to continue playing this game. Any additional information that my be required to help diagnose a problem will gladly be collected.

Thank you for any assistance in advance.

SStrikerR
Apr 20, 2009, 09:04 PM
Tech support?
I dunno, did you kill everything and search everywhere?

Overlord Zenon
Apr 21, 2009, 10:52 AM
Which platform are you playing on? i was able to beat all of the story mission that are currently out, my least favourite is running around the mine hitting switches within etc time before they turn off

Illusionist Lynx
Apr 21, 2009, 07:52 PM
Platform: PS2
Yes, I have killed everything and searched everywhere.

Libram
Apr 21, 2009, 11:11 PM
Did you go forward into the first car and have Maya screw up the security system in the cutscene?

Illusionist Lynx
Apr 22, 2009, 09:02 AM
I have tried the stage multiple times and have not been able to reach the first car. Also, no scenes with Maya have ever triggered.

Dymalos
Apr 22, 2009, 11:31 AM
Those trial videos are misleading you. They all showcase the actual timed Trial part of the story missions. Very few of the Story missions actually put you in the trial right off the bat. In order to finish this stage you'll need to get to Car # 1 to trigger the trial. You're supposed to start in Car #3, so nothing is wrong on your end. I'd suggest breaking all of the boxes to spawn all of the enemies.

Illusionist Lynx
Apr 22, 2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks a lot for your comment about destroying the crates, Dymalos. I played the stage again and realized that there were several crates that looked almost exactly like the indestructible ones. Once I broke these open and defeated the monsters, I could continue through the level.